Romis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
SPECIAL GAME NIGHT "Will work on getting FLYING FORTRESS Trophy"
DATE:

MONDAY 4/06/2009 11pm Est / 8 pm PST

SERVER: CAPT-FLYINGFORTRESS
PSSWD: time (if PROMTED, to get more players I may leave it open)

We Need to have at least 6 (passengers) + 1 (Pilot) = 7 per team more is great too. We will NOT worry about shooting instead only focus on getting in the ship and taking turns helping each of our teammates get the trophy. I am not sure if we each have to be the PILOT, or if we all get a trophy for being a passenger.

If your interested, leave a post w/ day you prefer and I'll notify you (or pm me your email if that easier to get intouch with you, thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
due to low turnout, newbie/nite is going to be postponed, to work on gettiing a trophy

Game will be Password='time' Protected for So, come have fun and build your Warhawk-ian Skills...

(** Note: voice will be on but I do not have a headset)

All CAGS & friends are welcome with ranks Recruit through Sergeant only however.

(** Please, No crashers sabotage this match by faking your rank level to play, this is meant to be a 'skill building game' Thank you)

With the ok of mguiddy, and the CAG Warhawk Clan, I'm looking for others who mignt be interested in a special game nite/day that is "limited rank" giving the game a little bit more balance of skill.

if your new or fairly new to warhawk it would be a great way to gain experience and have fun at the same time.

for more information details come and join the Social Group here: LINK

Look forward to hearing from eveyone

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I just saw your post on the actual Warhawk thread, adn I applied to the social group. I think I'm like an airman first class or something like that.

The main reason I don't play Warhawk more is because I can't play on a fair amount of the servers because I haven't bought the booster packs. And I haven't bought the booster packs because I don't play Warhawk too often.

Damn catch-22 logic. Also I can't really make friday/saturday cag nights, so I'm pretty much just stuck with playing with strangers which isn't that much fun.

Keep the discussion in the CAG Warhawk thread we already have. I will be more than willing to fix it up to support your limited ranked game also. You just have to let me know.

EDIT: Nevermind, since this is for the lower ranked people. Sorry.

I'm up for some warhawk. I think I played a total of 5 hours. Can i suggest a sunday or monday night?

@ Blue, I added you to the social group, I understand your logic, but I have to say I got the boosters and they're well worth it the bundle is the way to go, the maps alone make it worth it plus the Jet packs are fun as all "H##L" lol

@ yohsh, apply to the social group Social Group here: LINK
I'm not sure what time is going to be best, but I imagine there are others who also can't make it to the Fri/Sat games. I'm pretty open so we can see what best fits the group

I applied to your group, I just got the game so I wanna learn. Haven't installed it yet but are there any updates I gotta get???

Ok, Warhawk-ians so far only a couple have signed up, we need more to get a good game at least 4-6 to really have some fun..lol

@ kazo, if the game doesn't update itself, give it a try there was some "Add-on's" I know they call them 'Booster Packs' as far as regular updates I don't remember it's been awhile since I started playing.

I personally find the Booster Packs, worth the price of the Bundle, you get all three for a decent price. For that you get new maps, more diverse than those included plus one of the coolest items a "Jet-Pack" for one, a troop transport, and a dropship transport/gunship. Of course this "Extra" stuff is not needed to fully enjoy the game, just adds to the experience.

For the games I set up it won't be mandatory, just an option if we all have them

[quote name='kazo']I applied to your group, I just got the game so I wanna learn. Haven't installed it yet but are there any updates I gotta get???[/quote]

As soon as I popped in the game, it told me I had to update to 1.50, which I'm assuming was the Trophy update for Warhawk.

Anyway, here's my info for the limited rank games:

PSN ID: CheapestGamer
Booster Packs: NONE YET

I'm not 100% sure I'm going to be playing this game beyond a couple of months, but if I get into playing it alot and have a ton of fun(like I have with GTA IV online), THEN I'll get the boosters.

Although, if someone would tell me WHICH booster pack has the jetpack in it, I'd get that since that was the most fun 'vehicle' in San Andreas and I imagine it'd be a blast in Warhawk too.

I wouldn't mind signing up for this. Don't have the game yet, but will probably get it in the near future. Also I travel a fair amount for my job so I won't always be available to play.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Although, if someone would tell me WHICH booster pack has the jetpack in it, I'd get that since that was the most fun 'vehicle' in San Andreas and I imagine it'd be a blast in Warhawk too.[/quote]
Just a thought, you can get the bundle of all three for twice the price of the Jetpack bundle (it's Fallen Star). And if you buy just the jetpack bundle, then decide you want the other two, you won't be able to get any discount.

@ IAM, I added you to the group, I can cut & past your stuff on to the board so its all in one place for me, FYI

Like mguiddy said, One Booster pack is like $7.99 and all three is only $14.99 its not a must to have right away but it is fun..

[quote name='mguiddy']Just a thought, you can get the bundle of all three for twice the price of the Jetpack bundle (it's Fallen Star). And if you buy just the jetpack bundle, then decide you want the other two, you won't be able to get any discount.[/quote]

Thing is, I'm not 100% sure I'm going to like the game, so until I see whether or not it's worthwhile for me to purchase the boosters I'm going to hold off on it.

I have like $9.09 left on my PSN account, but that could be better spent buying another PS1 classic(that I'll stop playing after a month like I did with Spyro)or some downloadable content for my other games.

I really wish Rockstar would've worked on some DLC for GTAIV, like planes or a jetpack or the almighty FLAME THROWER, since that would've definitely been worth my cheap game flipping money because I play that game the most out of every game I have.

Decisions, Decistion...lol
I understand.. I've got the money to pick up Burnout Paradise, but keep putting off, hopeing it keeps getting cheaper.. Must..resist..Temptation..lol
I can't believe I flipped a copy once too.... ugh

WarHawk (full game) is available on the PSN??? I think I'm just misunderstanding Iamthecheapestgamer's post. Cheapest I've seen the game around is $40. Last plane/flying game I got into was for Xbox. What the hell was the name of it now??? (Set maybe 50 yrs back in an alternate universe, great graphics and online play)

I'm interested in this, but my availability would be limited to just Monday or Wednesday nights at the moment (I work third shift the other nights).

I can't remember my exact rank, but I'm still real low I'm sure. I haven't played much in the past couple of months, but I do have all of the boosters.

I'm in if I can make the games. Evenings after 8 Central are the best for me.

PSN ID: mad_alien
Booster Packs: ALL (I assumed I would need them for CAG night...)

I'm about 200 points away from SGT at the moment, but I am still getting OWNED fairly consistently when it comes to flying the warhawks/dogfighting. Everything else I'm pretty evenly matched with the green server players.

I've only messed with Warhawk a little bit, but I'm willing to learn (and hell it's the only PS3 game I have besides NNBoy...). Send me an friend request, and I'll try to check this thread for times. You may have a tough time pulling me away from SFIV and L4D though...

[quote name='shadowkast']WarHawk (full game) is available on the PSN??? I think I'm just misunderstanding Iamthecheapestgamer's post. Cheapest I've seen the game around is $40. Last plane/flying game I got into was for Xbox. What the hell was the name of it now??? (Set maybe 50 yrs back in an alternate universe, great graphics and online play)[/quote]
Yes, the full Warhawk is a downloadable PSN game like SOCOM and Wipeout HD.

That XBox game was probably Crimson Skies.

[quote name='shadowkast']WarHawk (full game) is available on the PSN??? I think I'm just misunderstanding Iamthecheapestgamer's post. Cheapest I've seen the game around is $40. Last plane/flying game I got into was for Xbox. What the hell was the name of it now??? (Set maybe 50 yrs back in an alternate universe, great graphics and online play)[/quote]

I picked up this game(in the bundle with the BT headset)for $9.97 from Sears last month.

If your local Sears has a copy in the case, get them to scan it, since it could well be $10 there as well.

Although, since I have a wired USB headset, the BT one that came with the bundle(Jabra 215 or something like that) is going up on my TL soon.

Ok guys we have about seven guys signed up , one is AI is a (veteran warhawkian) who volunteered to give some tips, pointers

If folks would pop over to the group and leave some ideal day/times I'll try to throw a game together ASAP at least to give it a go, we can always change it to when the it best fits our schedules

I requested to join this group. I think I've played Warhawk twice so I have the lowest rank possible with no boosters.. so a newbie group would be great for me... I like GTA IV and play that online too, but didnt join the CAG group since I'd just be dead all the time :)

I'm interested in joining. I have all the booster packs.

Not sure how to post over at the social group page, but anyway my info is below:

PSN: jdizzle84
Boosters: ALL
Rank: I think first class airman or recruit whatever the rank after the newbie rank is
Time: After 5PM PST weekdays or Sundays

[quote name='jling84']I'm interested in joining. I have all the booster packs.

Not sure how to post over at the social group page, but anyway my info is below:

PSN: jdizzle84
Boosters: ALL
Rank: I think first class airman or recruit whatever the rank after the newbie rank is
Time: After 5PM PST weekdays or Sundays[/quote]

I added you to the group, thanks for joining

Hope you can make it Thr nite, gonna put a game together after I catch Survivor..lol

i recommend everyone play with the regular CAGs on Warhawk night. you'll never get better unless you play against/with better people. also, this group may not last too long since you can fly through the early ranks pretty quickly

Just incase anyone didn't see it, the Warhawk boosters are on sale until March 11th for $9.99 for all three. This is a great time to get them if you've been wanting them, but the price was a little too much.

And, yes, you can only get better when you play with people better than you, but would you recommend someone learning basketball play with NBA players who are playing as they would during a game? Most of the time during CAG nights we play at full throttle, and that doesn't give newbies much of a chance sometimes. And, since this game isn't ranked, assuming they don't play much on official servers, it can last as long as it needs to.

@ DaNaD, true I set this up just as an Extra opportunity to get some play time in with a group on hopefully a routine basis, as we all grow in skill we may change to just a "For-Fun" group. I still play fri/sat so I suspect the other will too use the skills they start to develop,

@mguiddy, Thanks for the info I didn't see that special offer I'll be sure to post it in the group section too... & you hit the nail on the head.. playing with CAG Clan is fun.. but surviving a bit longer is even More Enjoyable..lol

Thanks keeping the thread Active guys.. your comments are always welcome ;)

I'll be there. I haven't even finished all of the Warhawk intro stuff and haven't played one game online yet, but I'll get all that done by 10pm ET. I can only hope that I don't stay newbie level forever, but it's a start.

I may or may not have voice. My bluetooth headset is cheap and often more trouble than its worth.

I'm all over this. I can't find myself getting into warhawk at all, because usually when I play I walk 10 feet and get owned.

I'm pretty sure I'm in the CAG clan, but I don't remember, and I think I'm the rank you get when you first start to play. Hope to see you guys tonight.

I'll try to join you all tonight, I've only played a couple of times, tried joining the other CAG group, but Fridays and Saturdays aren't the best days for me.

[quote name='mguiddy']Just incase anyone didn't see it, the Warhawk boosters are on sale until March 11th for $9.99 for all three. This is a great time to get them if you've been wanting them, but the price was a little too much.

And, yes, you can only get better when you play with people better than you, but would you recommend someone learning basketball play with NBA players who are playing as they would during a game? Most of the time during CAG nights we play at full throttle, and that doesn't give newbies much of a chance sometimes. And, since this game isn't ranked, assuming they don't play much on official servers, it can last as long as it needs to.[/quote]

It's too bad my local Best Buy didn't have any of the $20 PSN cards, since I still have over $20 in credit on a gift card from my gf from Christmas that I haven't used yet.

Otherwise, I still have $9.09 of the initial $20 PSN card I got from flipping games to Blockbuster, which is .90 too fuckin' short.

I hate to sound like a REAL cheapass here, but I'm not gonna add the .90 unless I can get it from cheap credit or gift cards I already have, since I don't think downloadable shit from PSN is worth it UNLESS it's FREE.

I was able to join and fly around with CaptStryker for a bit (thanks for not killing me immediately like everywhere else). Didn't see anyone else on, but as for a test it seemed to work. I need to practice a bit more since when I'm in a warhawk I have basically no idea where I'm going.. not that I'm that much better on the ground :)

Hope to see more folks at our regularly scheduled time.

pitflyer & BlueScrote each made a stop, thanks for popping on, it was nice to see it worked
only had one person at any one time besides me,

Ah Damn, I didn't know you guys played tonight :( I would have joined for sure... sorry bout that but I will add some of you here!

Hopefully, next time we'll have better turn out or we might have a few games times to get a wider group of guys a place to get together and play, Sunday Seems popular or Monday

For all those novice pilots out there, I have to say, don't fret about deaths. You learn just as much from dying as you do from taking out someone else. It pays off eventually you Warhawk TNG guys.

[quote name='zenprime']For all those novice pilots out there, I have to say, don't fret about deaths. You learn just as much from dying as you do from taking out someone else. It pays off eventually you Warhawk TNG guys.[/quote]
:whistle2:|:???::whistle2:k:whistle2:s
cpfpyd2.gif

[quote name='Romis']pitflyer & BlueScrote each made a stop, thanks for popping on, it was nice to see it worked
only had one person at any one time besides me,[/quote]

Could you hear me talking when i was in the game? I heard the click pressing down L3, but I wasn't sure.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Could you hear me talking when i was in the game? I heard the click pressing down L3, but I wasn't sure.[/quote]
When you played last Saturday I could hear you, but it was really soft, like you were whispering.

All players welcome Tonight starting around 9:00 pm est
Server: Captnstryker-LR_AW
pswd: noob (if asked for)

Since a few people asked for a Sunday game figured it would be worth a shot to give it a try. Plus with the regular CAG game on Fri/Sat, quite a few people don't get alot of "Alive" time..lol

Also if anyone see's me online playing anytime feel free to msg ;-) maybe we could get a game together or just go one on one..lol (Dogfighting is pretty cool in a warhawk, plus it gives good practice for matches)

mguiddy told me it'd be best to put this here:

Is anybody here interested in starting a Trophy Boosting Warhawk clan? Some of the ones like Warlord and Flying Fortress are very hard to do on your own. If you are already part of the CAG clan, mguiddy can re-send invites out to anyone. Although the priorities are the trophies that require multiple people, trophies that require a second controller can also be assisted with (if you don't have a 2nd controller that is). LMK if you're interested and I'll be glad to make the clan. Also, please mention if you have the boosters or not so I know if you can help in the Flying Fortress trophy requirement. The minimum people we need is 10 (including myself), or 7 people with boosters. There is no maximum.

Well, considering the fact that I opened my Warhawk bundle and did the update install, I want to get SOME use out of, so I may join the game tonight.

I haven't played it since I tried out the tutorials either last week or the week before, so try not to be too brutal on me as I figure them out on the fly.

If anyone wants the BT headset from the bundle, I could probably do it for like $12 shipped, since I have a wired USB headset and I like that more than messing with one I'll have to recharge from time to time.

bread's done
Back