Attention Bay Area PS3 campers

CounterSeal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I made a visit... well more of a recon mission... to the SF Metreon today with a few friends.

1) Playable kiosks are up and running there, so check it out, security is somewhat heavier than usual.

2) There will be rules to camping, most notably, due to the Metreon being located downtown, without a private outdoor parking lot, there will be a starting period for when lining up will be permitted. This means you can't start camping on Monday or whatever, it would violate some sort of city panhandling/homeless cleanup law.

3) They told me they don't know of the number of launch units they will recieve, but I could tell that they really do know. Expect many units...

4) The indoor parking lot across the street is 24/7 and costs approx. $1 an hour.

5) The subway stops running at 10pm. BART stops at 1am.

7) Don't forget, there is also a Best Buy a few minutes away, as well as a CompUSA, EB, and others.

I called the Metreon earlier today. They said the line starts at 8 a.m. Thursday. But there'll be a pre-line on the other side of the street along the parking garage on Mina. God, this is craziest thing ever.

Today at about 8PM at the CC Emeryville where I work, a couple sat outside and pitched a tent. Then a van load of guys came but I guess changed their mind. We were messing around with a PS3 box and even put one in a bag when one of our guys left in his regular clothes. People were going nuts. I heard over at BB they had tons of people but I didn't drive home that way.

[quote name='gcacho']I called the Metreon earlier today. They said the line starts at 8 a.m. Thursday. But there'll be a pre-line on the other side of the street along the parking garage on Mina. God, this is craziest thing ever.[/QUOTE]

Hold on... this pre-line... is it official? Is there a rule that you must be in the pre-line in order to gain the appropriate spot in the official 8am line? Wtf is up with that? Because now I'm just confused on whether I should go tomorrow night or Thursday morning.

bread's done
Back