**ATTN** "48-Hour Trial" e-mail = 160 MS Points!!!

TXboxGuY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
As previously stated in this thread . . .

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318269

MS has sent out an e-mail to Silver accounts that give them 160 Free Microsoft points via a download code.

If you look further in your e-mails, some users are also finding a FREE 48-hour trial as well.

I have received BOTH codes on 2 of my Silver sub-accounts that I rarely use.

I wasn't even aware of the previous thread but I occasionally log into the e-mail to look around.

Each of the 48-hour codes that I received (1 for each account) actually gives me 160 MS points!

That makes 2 (TWO) 160 points codes on each of the e-mail addresses that I checked. 4 in total.

I accidentally checked the 48-hour code on my Gold account even tho I know it can only work in a Silver account to give you a 48-hour trial -- that's when I saw that it actually gave me 160 points. (...if I chose to REDEEM NOW) I haven't redeemed it but there was fine print on the e-mail about them being promotional codes and they need to be used by 6/30/12. Keep that in mind.

I saw a guy in the previous thread who actually gave away his "48-hour" code too. :razz:

[quote name='Venomus']dammit MSoft, why not reward those loyal subscribers with a few points as well?[/QUOTE]

This is what I don't understand about their constant rewards to accounts without any tenure. The weekly Gold deals are nice and all, but I'd much rather have the actual currency to buy them that they hand out so often to silver accounts...

Looks like I'm making some random silver accounts.

[quote name='Venomus']dammit MSoft, why not reward those loyal subscribers with a few points as well?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wtfoptimus']This is what I don't understand about their constant rewards to accounts without any tenure. The weekly Gold deals are nice and all, but I'd much rather have the actual currency to buy them that they hand out so often to silver accounts...

Looks like I'm making some random silver accounts.[/QUOTE]

Because they already have you - my gold account never gets anything for free.

I actually never set out to have silver accounts I don't use but when I got my second Xbox 360 I accidentally made one and I've used it since to play offline at times. I also have silver accounts I set up for other people in the house just so they can log in and save game progress (they are not interested in going online) and MS sends stuff to them as well and they just forward every Xbox e-mail they get to me.

EDIT: I mean, I know what you're saying, they should care but as far as they're concerned you're already captured - there's too much for you at stake to leave so why give you anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of my accounts are silver and I've never got one of these point emails.
I've never paid for gold either.

bread's done
Back