ATTN: SCAMMED by AcidFluxMx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusuke

Banned
Just got SCAMMED by AcidFluxMx. Beware traders. This is my first impression on this site and I must say I'm not pleased. Welcome to CAG I guess. One doesn't instantly stop responding when a trade is initiated digitally.

UEZduGh.jpg

I would at least give him a day or two....I understand that the digital trade doesn't require exchanging address or payments and whatnot but you literally gave the guy an hour and immediately went into Scammer mode. WIth his reputation, I highly doubt he would be scamming right now. He could have easily went away from the computer or had something come up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would at least give him a day or two....I understand that the digital trade doesn't require exchanging address or payments and whatnot but you literally gave the guy an hour and immediately went into Scammer mode.
You don't stop replying after you get a code. What's the excuse? We were live PMing back and forth until I gave him my code.

Maybe I did pull the trigger early. If he comes through I'll contact Cheapy to remove the red.

Stuff comes up man...holy shit. I realize you were expecting it to be within 10 minutes, but life happens and not everyone is at their PC. Some people are at work and do deals on their phone and have to finish when they get home or have kids, etc. Communication is big, that can eliminate any suspicions, but patience is big as well. Give him some time...

You don't stop replying after you get a code. What's the excuse? We were live PMing back and forth until I gave him my code.

Maybe I did pull the trigger early. If he comes through I'll contact Cheapy to remove the red.
I understand, and I do see that he read the message, but people have lives, something could have come up.

Maybe he was at work and wanted to wait until he got home to test your code out to make sure it worked before sending his. You've gotta give people some time, immediately assuming a scam and leaving negative feedback within an hour is definitely a no-go. Hope this works out (I'm sure it will! :) )

I understand, and I do see that he read the message, but people have lives, something could have come up.

Maybe he was at work and wanted to wait until he got home to test your code out to make sure it worked before sending his. You've gotta give people some time, immediately assuming a scam and leaving negative feedback within an hour is definitely a no-go. Hope this works out (I'm sure it will! :) )
My god you are so right! He should have at least leave me something telling me to wait. If he comes through I'll get that feedback removed from him.

Yeah man, you're in the wrong on this one. This is you, not him most likely. You didn't give him nearly enough time, and then started calling him a scammmer. And then on top of that made this thread which is ridiculous, are you like 12? How could you not realize that he may be at work, or putting kids to bed, or doing one of another zillion things that could have come up. I think you'll find everyone here is going to side with him on this one

Too early to call someone a scammer sometimes people get distracted and forget you can always check if they read the message on the site by the read time stamp

Nvm saw the timestamp and get why you are frustrated

Yeah man, you're in the wrong on this one. This is you, not him most likely. You didn't give him nearly enough time, and then started calling him a scammmer. And then on top of that made this thread which is ridiculous, are you like 12? How could you not realize that he may be at work, or putting kids to bed, or doing one of another zillion things that could have come up. I think you'll find everyone here is going to side with him on this one
Pretty sure you'll side with him regardless since because of membership seniority. I've trade plenty of times before at myfigurecollection.net and bluray.com and not even giving me a "wait" message after redeeming my code is iffy to say the least.

Pretty sure you'll side with him regardless since because of membership seniority.
Or, you know, because "Everything is fine" -> "If you don't reply by this time, you're scamming me" in 36 minutes is a rather drastic jump.

Seriously, at that point it could have just been he had some indigestion. Or he had a kid throwing a tantrum. Or the power went out. 36 minutes is nothing.

And the fact that you're already jumping to conclusions in this thread too ("Pretty sure you'll side with him regardless because reasons") is a consistent continuation of that.

Why is his last online status private? After 24 hours i would of posted this since that is enough time.

I can't believe you already left him a negative feedback when it hasn't been an hour or so. How do you know he redeemed it already? He could have been out and answering your message and haven't tried the code out yet until he gets back home.

OP should have a trading ban for leaving negative feedback after an hour
Seriously. I've had times when people haven't responded to me for a day or two without any prior notice. Sure, it hasn't been at that specific point in a digital trade, but it's been during trades/sales which have ended up working out.

People aren't perfect, life isn't perfect; stuff comes up, things happen. You don't always know or have time to give notice when something happens. Sure, there's a reasonable timeframe for things - but 36 minutes isn't it.

After 24 hours i would of posted this since that is enough time.
Well, that's about 40x the amount of time that the OP allotted.

These kind of threads and such quick judgement should be a trade ban for the person. I will definitely avoid trading with you. 

You gave him forty minutes before you decided he was scamming you? Shit, this isn't Domino's. Sometimes things pop up. He could have kids, he could have emergencies, he could have just went to bed for the night. You should have given him at least a day to respond.

okay. so next time i trade anything digital i need to respond instantly with my code, or ill get - feedback. and a thread slandering my name.

got it.

really though. your out of line on this one. you gave the guy no chance. i REALLY doubt he completed 250+ positive transactions in a master plan to scam you for a re4 code.

i bet he's just tied up playing re4, i mean that game is fantastic.

Is this a late April fools joke? Thinking someone scammed you after an hour? Children these days need to work on their patience. Give it a day at least before you freak out.

OP turned me into a duck.

Honestly I'd ban both OP and Acid.  Acid changed his title to "CAG Master Seller" and is using that in trades.

Both of them can go fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned.

It is kind of taking advantage of you to make you wait that long for your return code but I agree.  I'd have at least given 24 hours before even considering giving him a negative

He doesn't need to be banned when you idiots go nuts on him with the negativity and force him to leave. I haven't cared for Acid since he got haughty and started charging more, but I don't think he's a scammer. I remember a few months ago when he bitched at everyone for not buying his games in huge yellow font, and we had to calm his ass down.

Not everyone is perfect, which applies to both OP and you kiddos trash-talking him.

Not everyone is perfect, which applies to both OP and you kiddos trash-talking him.
Don't forget yourself there, all high and mighty.... :whee:

And, truth be told, the OP is likely on the lucky side that he hasn't been banned for naming and shamming in two threads now... So I don't think anyone is being too harsh. At least for this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back