Auction ruined by Nigerian scam Buy-it-Now

[quote name='lanleague']How can I do a second chance offer?[/quote]

my guess is you would contact the first real bid and offer it to them at their bid.

Hello friend. Give you I do $5000 for you item worth only $20. You do deal with me. Send item to priest of me in Nigeria. Yes?

God those are irritating. They should close the internet off to that country. But then all the liberal yahoos would scream "RACIST" wouldnt they.

Damn that sucks. This is something I haven't experienced on my listings yet *knock on wood* but then I'm usually selling video games worth $30 or less so probably not much enticement for these scammers to target.

If the buyer is asking you to ship to Nigeria I believe you can cancel the sale and get your FVF back immediately since you put in the listing US only, but I'm not 100% on that.

Sometime just after I posted this reply I see eBay pulled the listing. That should refund your FVF anyway.

Wow, I have yet to experience anything like that *knocks on wood* and I hope I never do *knocks on wood...again*. eBay actually pulled the listing so you should get your final value fees back and you can re-list. also, remember if you use buy it now, that you require instant payment.

[quote name='wubb']Damn that sucks. This is something I haven't experienced on my listings yet *knock on wood* but then I'm usually selling video games worth $30 or less so probably not much enticement for these scammers to target.

If the buyer is asking you to ship to Nigeria I believe you can cancel the sale and get your FVF back immediately since you put in the listing US only, but I'm not 100% on that.

Sometime just after I posted this reply I see eBay pulled the listing. That should refund your FVF anyway.[/QUOTE]

I'm just really disappointed because I was about to accept a $130 Best Offer from a 1000 feedback member.

thats happened to me twice when i tried to sell a cell phone. actually the first time, some assholes just bombed my auction and bid a million dollars or some other ridiculous amount. the next tried i tried to sell it i got the Nigerian scammer who switched his location all over the world, but no where in the US. just email paypal/ebay and tell them youre gettin screwed by a scammer. or try to do a second chance offer.

That happened to me last year. I contacted Ebay, gave them all the information (including the e-mails sent) and they cancelled the auction, refunded me, and suspended the buyers account.

[quote name='magiic']Nigeria should be taken off the internet. As far as I am concerned they clearly don't deserve the privilege.[/quote]

Only see the people saying they are poor to send them money. And then they use it to buy computers, learn how to phish and scam, and then steal the peoples money that helped them over there. fucking ungratefuls.

I've gotten those scam email offers... asking me for a Buy It Now price but I've never actually had one use BIN. But then again, I don't do BINs too often so that's probably why.

I had the same thing happen to me when I sold my Xbox and PS2 as bundles. I re-listed and set up my buy it now payment preferences to paypal only and instant payment. That way even if some scammer clicks buy it now the auction does not close until they have actually payed you, the auction remains active. I also specifically stated in my payment info for the auction that I will immediately cancel any sale to "Nigerian BS scammers". My second time around I sold both bundles no problem to very happy customers, still ebay (much like a lot of the net) is besieged with scammers and con-artists making normal commerce a hugh pain in the butt.

[quote name='lanleague']How can I do a second chance offer?[/quote]

Go to your my ebay, under the item you're trying to do a second chance offer. Click the arrow for the drop down menu and you should have an option for second chance offer. It looks like ebay removed your auction though. I received scam offers when I was selling my ipod and ps2 but soon after that I added I WILL NOT SHIP TO AFRICA. And I didn't received any of those offers anymore. But to avoid this, this is one major reason why I decided I would only ship within the US.

bread's done
Back