Austin

I wanted to go to that auction but I had no money to afford anything there and if I did Id have no way of getting it home lol. Its been a good while since ive been to the drag and for shits and giggles Ill have to do that this weekend.

I just wanted to let you all know that if you'll are having any problems with your ps2, xbox, or gamecube to call the number at consoleclinic.com. I got the business card from Gamecrazy and got my xbox and ps2 repaired for $75 total. The guy's name is Paul who runs it and he is really friendly. Just in case any of you'll had seen the business cards in Gamecrazy, and were wondering what to think about it, it's worth it.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']As someone considering the move, if you had to pick the best place to live in Austin, where would you live?[/QUOTE]

Westlake is where all the rich people live. That's the "best place."

SW Austin is the Circle C area. Suburbia at it's best/worst. It's a large planned community which in the early 90s almost became its own town, but Austin pwned and claimed circle C. Not a bad place to live. I lived there for 3 years myself. It's kinda remote from downtown like Westlake, but it's close enough.

South Austin area is the second nicest overall since it has the most soul. Pretty much any restaurant in North Austin (more richy) is a knock off or copy of a South Austin original restaurant.

North Austin is more spread out and confused, but not bad.

I live in East Austin, where all the "poor people" live. But honestly, it has more soul than South Austin. So many taquerias/bodegas/etc, good times.

Or you could just be a tool and live in one of the luxury condos over looking Austin that they're building everyday for no reason.

[quote name='MadChedar0']Westlake is where all the rich people live. That's the "best place."

SW Austin is the Circle C area. Suburbia at it's best/worst. It's a large planned community which in the early 90s almost became its own town, but Austin pwned and claimed circle C. Not a bad place to live. I lived there for 3 years myself. It's kinda remote from downtown like Westlake, but it's close enough.

South Austin area is the second nicest overall since it has the most soul. Pretty much any restaurant in North Austin (more richy) is a knock off or copy of a South Austin original restaurant.

North Austin is more spread out and confused, but not bad.

I live in East Austin, where all the "poor people" live. But honestly, it has more soul than South Austin. So many taquerias/bodegas/etc, good times.

Or you could just be a tool and live in one of the luxury condos over looking Austin that they're building everyday for no reason.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I've been looking at South Austin, but that was only from my own research, its great to hear from a resident.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Thanks! I've been looking at South Austin, but that was only from my own research, its great to hear from a resident.[/QUOTE]

Np. South and East Austin or North Central area will probably be the most economically feasible places to live. The North and West/SW sides of town are quite expensive, and for no good reason.

Gaming Expo? I used to live in Austin, right next to william cannon on starstreak, and I didnt know about this. Good times in Austing, gooood times.

[quote name='o0SwishaHouse']HAH. I live on william cannon. Any of you guys looking for an xbox?[/quote]
heh i work at gamecrazy on william cannon and brodie;)

[quote name='Whambamm']I just wanted to let you all know that if you'll are having any problems with your ps2, xbox, or gamecube to call the number at consoleclinic.com. I got the business card from Gamecrazy and got my xbox and ps2 repaired for $75 total. The guy's name is Paul who runs it and he is really friendly. Just in case any of you'll had seen the business cards in Gamecrazy, and were wondering what to think about it, it's worth it.[/quote]
i wonder if i gave you that card?

Wow, can't believe I never posted in here. I guess I should venture out of the Deals section of the forums from time to time.

Anyway, I'm in Round Rock... near Dell, though I don't work there.

I've been playing games since before I could reach arcade game control panels (I used to just pull up a chair and stand on it. :) Now I actually own my own arcade games... and a crapload of other games. I think at last count I owned over 1100 games.

Anyway, if you're ever up in Round Rock and you want to talk or play games. Shoot me in email or googletalk IM to [email protected].

Some fun trivia about me:

-I have a bedroom completely dedicated to retro video games.
-I own 3 full sized arcade machines: SF2 Turbo, Killer Instinct, and a Neo Geo MVS.
-I played a *crapload* of Quake 3 competitively for about 4 years.
-I will most likely kick your ass at Puyo Puyo, Street Fighter, and Quake.
-I'm not into traditional sports games (Madden, Tiger Woods, etc.)
-I appeared in an issue EGM in the early 90s for winning a Neo Geo contest.
-I run The Jaded Gamers podcast (http://thejadedgamers.blogspot.com)

[quote name='spug21']i wonder if i gave you that card?[/QUOTE]

Nah, you didn't give me the card. I live in NW Austin so I don't visit the two gamecrazys off William Cannon too often.

[quote name='tylerahs']best place in austin for trade-ins?[/quote]
I may be biased but even before I worked there I felt it was gamecrazy

Hey guys I have media passes for next weekends soouth by southwest shows. Any tips about maxing out the fun during the event.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Shane. I come in the store all the time. This place is how I know all the business you guys are running before YOU do :)[/quote]

Are you THE Mario Kart guy? :hot: I thought I saw you when I dropped by Gamecrazy on William Channon the other day, but it would have been awkward if I said hi since you have no idea who I am.

Anyway, I didn't even know a regional thread for Austin existed.. I need to get out of the Deals and Trading forums more often.

Texas Exer here, keepin it real out 290 east in Manor. MadChedar0, East Austin represent!

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Yea. I used to go around doing those Mario Kart exhibitions.

I play Smash and SC3 semi-competitively, if your people are interested.[/quote]

Pft, I'm a pretty sore loser, so.. no thanks. :p Did you ever go to or still go to Anime Club meetings at UT? I think I saw you around Ushicon as well..maybe in the Daily Texan too about your Mario Kart challenges? Damn, you're just a popular guy. :cool:

bread's done
Back