Australian HD-DVDs ezydvd.com.au (Update: More price cuts on remaing stock)

ziutek

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
ezydvd.com.au has a lot of cheap hd-dvds (even with import shipping fees)

Some notable HD-DVD deals:

DEAD: Into the Wild: AU$7.92 + shipping = U.S. $7.32 + (~$5.10 shipping) = ~$12.4
(amazon has it for $25.49)

DEAD LINK: Here is the link for the HD-DVDs: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/promo.zml?pid=755&ddat=1&dsal=1&dreg=1&dper=1

UPDATE:
Prices were lowered for many HD-DVDs.
Most are now between AU$6.92 and AU$9.92

Knocked Up - AU$5.92

ALIVE AGAIN: Battlestar Galactic Season 1: AU$34.83

NEW LINK: http://www.ezydvd.com.au/main/promo_hd.zml

Anyone ever order from there? Seems like a reputable site just from browsing, but you can never be too sure and hearing from a few people on here that they have purchased from them goes a long way.

Its definitely legit. Just google it and you'll find many threads dealing with ezydvd and this hd-dvd deal. I also heard that ezydvd is suppose to be a major retailer in Australia.

Yeah, the Wiki page about it kind of convinced me. Black Snake Moan and Into The Wild are looking mighty good right now.

[quote name='Cable387']Anyone ever order from there? Seems like a reputable site just from browsing, but you can never be too sure and hearing from a few people on here that they have purchased from them goes a long way.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I purchased from them multiple times (Into The Wild, The Holiday, Leaving Las Vegas, Rambo) and they are legit.

They are also the biggest Australian DVD-only seller.

[quote name='ziutek']
Battlestar Galactic Season 1: AU$34.83 + shipping = U.S. $32.29 + (~$9 shipping) = ~$41.3
(amazon has it for $69.95)[/QUOTE]

Also this comes in normal HD-DVD cases with a slipcover instead of the horrible packaging they came up with here in America.

[quote name='mazzystar from HDD']

[/QUOTE]

Nice! I heard good things about the packaging for the Australian version but never seen it. Can you find pics for the American version?

I might have to pickup Battlestar Galactic Season 1 from them. I wanted to get it if I could find it less then what the MSRP was but even still could not talk myself into buying it. I would have bought it from Amazon already if it wasn't for the horrible packaging. Other then the packaging being better is anything else different?

[quote name='necrojustice']I'm guessing these work in US players.....I hope!
Black Snake Moan and Into the Wild are mine if so.
Any ballpark on shipping time?[/quote]

I ordered two discs from them and they arrived in Seattle in 10 days.
Four days quicker than Deep Discount.

I finally got all my stuff from EZYDVD. They shipped on the 30th and it arrived today. I got children of men and red dragon, they came in cases that are larger then all my other hd-dvd cases. Still cool though.

The inside of the Case was broken and the DVD can easily come off the brackets. Oh-well.

I just ordered Into the Wild (killer deal) and Mr. Bean's Holiday on HD DVD from them. I had to read on Google about them too before I ordered just to be safe, but from reading they are Australia's largest DVD dealer. Order through Paypal if you don't feel too safe, you get the protection from them that way. Also, instead of paying through my bank account I used my credit card through Paypal. If Paypal won't cover it, my credit card company will. Got email from Paypal confirming order. Then late yesterday I got an email from EzyDVD saying my order has shipped. Paid $21 bucks US for both of them including shipping. I may be ordering more if these come in great shape to me and play on my HD DVD player. It shouldn't be a problem though because most HD DVD players should be region free for HD DVDs. Sure beats paying at least $17 for a HD DVD at Wally's.

FYI according to highdefdigest.com there are some differences bwtween US and UK releases of Mr Bean--not sure if also applies to the AU one.
As such, it's a bit disappointing that this UK import does not offer anything above and beyond the domestic version in terms of video and supplements. In fact, the audio has been downgraded, with the Dolby TrueHD track removed. Because of that, I can't recommend this version -- stick with the US disc.

I've been thinking about a couple of these films and decided to pull the trigger. I ordered Battlestar Galactia, Into the Wild, and Leaving Las Vegas.

Ordered Into the Wild and Children of Men Friday March 28 and they arrived Monday April 7 in good condition, no problems whatsoever.

So is it just the way it is packaged that is different from the US and AU versions of Battlestar Galactia.

Well, thanks to the OP. Ended up ordering Into The Wild and Black Snake Moan. BSG Season 1 was tempting, but I already have Season 1 on DVD, and I heard the HD-DVD version was actually kind of disappointing.

Thanks OP... in for Children of Men (best movie of 07 if you ask me), Serenity and Supes 1 and 2 (Donners cut). I've been waiting for an actual HD DVD sale like this. Anyone have experience with their shipping costs?

Soule

Some pretty good deals, especially with the Australian Dollar being weaker than the U.S. dollar.
Ordered The Good Shepherd, Next, Into The Wild, Ray, and Smokin Aces.

While HD DVD was region-free, according to their FAQ page, their standard DVDs are PAL R4. Question: Are these HD DVDs NTSC or PAL? Those who've gotten stuff from this place, please clarify this? Thanks.

EDIT: Ouch! Shipping kills the bargain for me. The cost to ship 3 vs. 2 items is AU$18.00 vs. AU$9.50!!!

1x Land Of The Dead - Director's Cut (HD DVD) @ $9.02 Special Price - Available to ship
1x Mighty Heart, A (HD DVD) @ $7.20 Special Price - Available to ship
1x Thing, The (John Carpenter's) (1982) (HD DVD) @ $9.02 Special Price - Available to ship

Sub-Total:$AU25.24

If shipping was just $9.50, the total in USD would be $32.30. At the $18 rate, if comes to US$40.22 total.

OTOH, The Thing is $12.30, Land of the Dead is $18.45, and A Mighty Heart is 19.89 for a total of $50.64, even worse for those hunting HD DVD bargains. I just can't see paying over $10 for HDs. Oh, well...

[quote name='DirkBelig']While HD DVD was region-free, according to their FAQ page, their standard DVDs are PAL R4. Question: Are these HD DVDs NTSC or PAL? Those who've gotten stuff from this place, please clarify this? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

There's no such thing as NTSC or PAL with HD-DVD.

It's all 1080p with the the signal (50 Hz or 60 Hz) determined by the player

[quote name='ig88vsbobafett']When do they let you know the shipping price ? i ordered BSG-S1 and Ray[/QUOTE]

They don't really.

It's all on the site though.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/extra/shipping.zml

As far as I can tell, yours would be AU$9.50 with an additional AU$9.50 for ordering BSG-S1

For those that have ordered from here, how long from the time you placed your order until it shipped? I placed an order 4/8 and it still says on hold. I wouldn't worry too much, but stuff keeps selling out while it's waiting. "Into the Wild" says no longer available and "Children of Men" says currently out of stock. When I placed my order that should have set one aside as mine. Grrrrrr.

[quote name='monoxide101']For those that have ordered from here, how long from the time you placed your order until it shipped? I placed an order 4/8 and it still says on hold. I wouldn't worry too much, but stuff keeps selling out while it's waiting. "Into the Wild" says no longer available and "Children of Men" says currently out of stock. When I placed my order that should have set one aside as mine. Grrrrrr.[/QUOTE]

It took exactly a week for them to ship out my order, though everything I ordered was in stock.

Anyone know if BSG Season 3 ever came out on HD-DVD? It will be a shame if it did and then Season 4 doesn't because the rest of the series is on HD-DVD. A definitive HD-DVD set would be nice once the series ends.

[quote name='dmendro']Anyone know if BSG Season 3 ever came out on HD-DVD? It will be a shame if it did and then Season 4 doesn't because the rest of the series is on HD-DVD. A definitive HD-DVD set would be nice once the series ends.[/quote]Season 2 isn't on HD-DVD AFAIK. Just the split 2.0 and 2.5 seasons on standard DVD.

The S1 on HD-DVD has been panned as having a very bad encode and looks about as good as the DVD's.

At this point, if they went HD, they'll probably do BR's, and hopefully, re-do S1 on BR.

OK, which one of you fucking CAG's took the last "Children of Men"!?:bomb::wall::headache:#-o:shock:

J/K
Oh well, that's what I get for lolly-gagging on my order for 3 days.:dunce:

Forgot to post. Got my order yesterday as well. The cases are a bit deeper than NA cases, but I'll take that when I got the movies for so cheap.

Got Spartacus and Born on the Fourth of July today...just a little more than a week after ordering.:applause:

On a side note: maybe it's just the Universal HD DVD, but the silver stamp at the top of the case is a little heavy with paint on both cases....mmmm, shinny lead paint:bouncy:!

I got an email from ezydvd that basically stated they lowered their prices on their remaining stock:

In recognition that you are one of our top HD DVD customers, we want to offer you an exclusive 24 hour opportunity to buy some titles you may have missed, at a new Hot final clearance price before we offer it to the public tomorrow evening.

Your exclusive link to this offer is http://www.ezydvd.com.au/main/promo_hd.zml

[quote name='ziutek']I got an email from ezydvd that basically stated they lowered their prices on their remaining stock:[/quote]

Yea I just got the same thing, for the most part I didnt notice much difference. I did go ahead and pick up Knocked Up for around $5 and change in Australian; came out to a little over $10 American shipped.

[quote name='ziutek']I got an email from ezydvd that basically stated they lowered their prices on their remaining stock:[/quote]
thanks, checked my email and had the same message. went ahead and picked up Hot Fuzz and Knocked Up. i don't know if anyone noticed how the prices were lower once they were in your basket, different from the list price. oh and my last order got here in less than a week for those wondering about shipping times

[quote name='thebob101']What are customs charges like for ordering from AU?[/quote]
none i believe. my last order was strictly my total for the hd dvds plus international shipping cost.

Just got the email too. Ordered:

-Knocked Up
-I Now Pronounce you Chuck & Larry
-Land of the Dead-Director's Cut

I would have ordered Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for 4.92AU (only like $4 US) but already got it from my 5 free HD DVD promo for buying a player.

If you are ordering 3 HD DVDs...do it as a separate purchase. Buy 2, then buy other 1 in a separate order. Shipping ends up being cheaper that way. Buying 3 HD DVDs at one time will cost 18.00AU shipping...as compared to 1 HD DVD at 5.50AU for shipping + 2 HD DVDs at 9.50AU for shipping = 15.00AU shipping. You will save 3.00AU for shipping. Pay through Paypal for safer transaction, and no fees for your order either besides HD DVD and shipping cost.

Shipping still kills the deal for me cuz it drive the price from an excellent average of ~$7 ea. to ~$11.25 each. While it's way cheaper than Deep Discount for the same basket (even if there was a sale), it's more than I want to spend, especially when I already have three of the five I want on standard DVD.

[quote name='Cable387']Anyone ever order from there? Seems like a reputable site just from browsing, but you can never be too sure and hearing from a few people on here that they have purchased from them goes a long way.[/QUOTE]

Nothing to worry about. I've been ordering from them for years. Sometimes shipping CAN be slow from Australia, I had one package literally take 2 months, but they were going to replace it for me until it arrived literally an hour before they were going to send out the replacement. Usually it's a couple of weeks.

Do they add shipping after you checkout? My order came to $26 for 4 HD DVDs, but I never confirmed shipping prices. Also, I had a screen that said I was ordering Region 4 DVDs. I am correct to assume that the HD DVDs are Region free?

bread's done
Back