Automotive - what are you rollin' in?

[quote name='seen']Nice car! Its a manual right?[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Unfortunately no... My wife wanted me to get an auto so she could drive it too. Though I have to say I love the auto in the Boston traffic :)

Got 3 here. Two of them I don't really use anymore and stay with my dad but they are technically mine and use them very sparingly.

1970 Dodge D-100
- Got it for $50 back in 2002 and only had to put another $50 in it to get the back window replaced and the windshielf wiper motors. Pulled both parts of a pull a part lot. Then had to put another $100 in it to fix up the brake system. Damn thing still runs and can still haul a trailer with a derby car on it. Last time I drove it was around 3 months ago. It rarely gets used. Not good for a work vehicle at all, especially with how much I drive.

1990 Jeep Comanche - Got it for $100 around the same time as the D-100, had to put another $200 in it to fix up the cooling system. Took about 6 months to truly figure out what caused those overheating problems. Damn Mopar replacement parts not exactly matching what was needed. Had to modify the cap on the reservoir to fix it. It has mud tires on the back which causes the ass end to be jacked up a little. Damn thing has some serious pep but eats up the oil more than it should. I haven't driven it in almost a year but my brother uses it every so often. Not good for a work vehicle at all, especially with how much I drive.

2010 Nissan Versa - Got this around 7-8 months ago. This only gets used for work and long trips. Damn good gas mileage. I bought it when my 1996 Ford Contour was on it's last legs. I wanted to get a used car but getting a loan for a used car with little to no credit history was near impossible. It's small, not the prettiest thing around, but I'll be damned if it isn't a smooth ride and much more reliable than that damn Ford.

When I first started driving and even for a while afterwards I wouldn't buy super expensive cars because, well I know how I drive and it isn't good for cars normally. The Nissan Versa is my 14th vehicle since I was 16. I'm 24 now.

2004 Ford Escape XLS

It's a V6, so the thing has some power. Yet big enough to take me anywhere in California for camping/tail gating. Best of both worlds. :)
2004-Ford-Escape-21156842-521.jpg

^Not my car but same model and color. Mine has the back window covered with Batman and Sports teams sticker decals. Best of both worlds...once again. :)

[quote name='Viol8tor']

Not my car but same model and color. Mine has the back window covered with Batman and Sports teams sticker decals. Best of both worlds...once again. :)[/QUOTE]

LOL nice.

[quote name='encendido5']'07 328xi.
img0043kr.jpg
[/QUOTE]

SIIIIIICK upgrade bro!!!!:applause:

I was close to getting a '10 Mustang 2 years ago and letting my roommate drive my Escape, but that's when Gas prices where close to $5 a gallon, so it wasn't exactly the greatest investment at the time. :bomb:

I will get a brand new Mustang one day...as well as a 1969 Mustang Shelby GT, my dream car....:drool:

1969_shelby_mustang_gt_500-2.jpeg

MOAR PICS GUYS!!!

[quote name='Viol8tor']

I was close to getting a '10 Mustang 2 years ago and letting my roommate drive my Escape, but that's when Gas prices where close to $5 a gallon, so it wasn't exactly the greatest investment at the time. :bomb:

/QUOTE]

What's wrong with that statement?

This seems like a good place than any to ask this question.

Anyone have any recommendations for a website that sells OEM Honda parts and accessories? Looking for mainly maintenance items such as oil filters, washers, and fluids (brake, power steering, automatic transmission, etc).

Looking for bottom of the barrel prices, and I was hoping some of you CHEAP ASS gamers are deal seekers for their cars as well. :cool:

03 Hyundai Tiburon body kit, lots of upgrades, semi built block with lots of bolt ons, and supercharged as my daily driver
and
05 350z built up with engine bolt ons, nismo bumpers, running it n/a

maybe get a challenger or camaro z/28 next... i dunno something american thou

[quote name='evildeadjedi']2001 Black Ford Police Interceptor has black wheels with star caps (no top lights since that's illegal but, it still has a working spot light on the front). I love it looks just like an undercover cop car. The trunk could probably fit at least seven dead hookers too.[/QUOTE]
:rofl: The one dealership around here sold a car to an elderly couple that had a drug stash still up under the bumper. It was a police auction vehicle. I was rolling when I heard about it on the local news.
[quote name='VipFREAK']Man, some pretty ghetto rides in here. I'm sorry. lol.[/QUOTE]
At least I haven't done like my one buddy used to. His family would have 4-5 cars at a time(each at least 10-12 yrs old) and spend 80% of the time trying to fix ONE up to run for a month and alternate between them whenever they broke down.

As for me, I think I'm gonna go with his method the next time I get a car. Buy a cheapass old beater, ride it till it dies, rinse, repeat.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:rofl: The one dealership around here sold a car to an elderly couple that had a drug stash still up under the bumper. It was a police auction vehicle. I was rolling when I heard about it on the local news.
[/QUOTE]

That's hilarious, there was a drug vehicle at the auction my brother-in-law's brother in law (who is a sheriff) said they had completely stripped the thing and found like 100 kilos total and it smelled horrible because the runners had three large dogs. :lol:

My interceptor only had a slow leak in one tire (which I got the tire replaced at no charge) and an O2 sensor.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']As for me, I think I'm gonna go with his method the next time I get a car. Buy a cheapass old beater, ride it till it dies, rinse, repeat.[/QUOTE]
I did that up until about 8 months ago. I probably spent, on the cars themselves and initial repair, on average around $250 per car. Cheapest insurance cause who needs a full coverage on a beater. Couple of those beaters are still running surprisingly. I just couldn't afford to do it anymore with how much I drive.

[quote name='JP']I did that up until about 8 months ago. I probably spent, on the cars themselves and initial repair, on average around $250 per car. Cheapest insurance cause who needs a full coverage on a beater. Couple of those beaters are still running surprisingly. I just couldn't afford to do it anymore with how much I drive.[/QUOTE]
If not for the underside of my last car(91 Dynasty) being completely rotted out I'd probably STILL be driving it. But unfortunately it would NEVER pass inspection in this state(PA).

It ran like a champ and it was quite annoying to have to sell a perfectly running car to the junk yard for a pittance.:cry:

Mind you, I would've had a third Monte Carlo in my lifetime too, if not for the fact that the inside of it looked and smelled like ass. It was for sale in the one families yard on a side street up the road from me. The exterior was tan and the interior was supposed to match it(as you could tell from the edges of the upholstery), but the entire inside of the car was grey-ish black.:puke:

Thing is, they only wanted $300 for it and it sounded great, but I'd probably have had to scrub down with bleach after driving it home and put bug traps inside the damn thing. That's how filthy and lived in it looked n smelled.:cry:

By that description, that would be a perfect a demolition derby car. One of these days I'm going to have quit running those, but until that day I will always buy clunkers for spare vehicles and run em into the ground.

But that's the thing. The body on the car was in great shape and it sounded excellent. It was just the interior that needed a LOT of TLC. Thinking back now I probably should've bought the damned car, even if I needed to drown the upholstery with a case of Febreeze.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But that's the thing. The body on the car was in great shape and it sounded excellent. It was just the interior that needed a LOT of TLC. Thinking back now I probably should've bought the damned car, even if I needed to drown the upholstery with a case of Febreeze.[/QUOTE]

But when you buy a car for $300 you can only expect problems, problems, and leaks.

2000 Dodge Dakota. Pretty good running truck, the only thing I have had to to so far for mechanical things are change all the brake lines and I need to fix the muffler now, its a little loud but not ridiculous.

I had a blazer a couple years back, I just took the muffler and swapped the cat with a 2'' pipe going into a 3'' all the way back, gave it a nice fap, I just threw the muffler on for hunting season.

06 GMC Sierra 1500 WT. Has a little over 50K on it, but I just finished paying it off. Plan on putting new brakes, shocks, and getting a few accessories for it in the next few weeks. I really do love my truck.

Also have a 78 MGB sitting in the backyard. My dad got it for pretty cheap since it needs a new clutch. I plan on getting it done up decently at some point since it would be a really fun car to drive when it is running.

I gotta get pictures of her, but just got a 2010 Corolla S. Need to clean it and get some pictures, hopefully tomorrow!

[quote name='Gorgasm']But when you buy a car for $300 you can only expect problems, problems, and leaks.[/QUOTE]
Meh. I only buy a car to use as transportation and I check it out thoroughly before I buy it. If I get 2-3 years outta a car I'm a happy camper.

Of course my last ex didn't like my 'junkmobile', but eventually once she saw I didn't give a shit what she thought she left and I still had the car for quite a while after.:whee:

I drive what I can afford to pay CASH for. If it comes down to either not having a vehicle or being in debt via a loan to get 'something better', I'd rather walk.

currently driving a 99 Saab 9-5...got it for $900 locally and its been running great for the past 5000 miles or so. It had 150000 on it when i got plus its a stick (which i did not know how to drive but now i do :)).

Funny thing about Saab is that the book value drops like a rock even though its a very nice car with great features, mine is pretty much loaded and most things work except my damn windshield washers:cry:

saturn.1998.sw2.wagon.jpg

I be rollin in one of these.... That is when I learn to drive stick... Hopefully this week... :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
In the winter or when it is wet out I drive a 2004 Grand Prix.

When it is warm and dry, and I don't have to haul much besides myself a 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250.

2008 Jeep Patriot, 2.4l 5-speed manual. Bought it for $10k last year and it only had 11k miles on it. Not bad considering I could (according to KBB) turn around and still sell it, with 37k miles on it now, for a profit.

2006 Pontiac G6 GT (coupe)

It's not the fastest or most expensive ride out there, but it's (somewhat surprisingly) a hit with the ladies, so it's all good.

bread's done
Back