Availability of Halo 3 Super CE

XboxMaster

CAGiversary!
I'm talkin bout the one with the helmet that's $100. My local Gamestop told me they weren't taking orders past this past Monday. Anyone got any confirmations? There's no way in hell I'm gonna miss out on this.

Complete trash. They only started on 11/1 I believe, or was it 11/3? No way they're stopping. Should be enough to go around easily, I don't know how many people are going to pay for that.

Don't know. I put down the $25 reserve a few days ago though I don't know why (never pre-ordered before but did it 3 times in a row with FFXII, GoW, and Halo 3). I'd just put down the reserve asap. The way I see it, you'll forget about the $25 a year from now when Halo 3 launches, and will be gleefully happy getting a Legendary for $75 (the CE alone should set you back $75 with tax).

I have little doubt Microsoft will make as many copies of the Legendary Edition as possible. I'm sure they are going to make a lot of money on this set.

When I preordered, they said they are only doing 25. ~25/store is alot, I dont think they are going to be that rare/valuable. Thats why I got both preorders of the le, waiting for more info. Imsure bungie will have it on one of there weekly updates.

[quote name='Kendro']Don't know. I put down the $25 reserve a few days ago though I don't know why (never pre-ordered before but did it 3 times in a row with FFXII, GoW, and Halo 3). I'd just put down the reserve asap. The way I see it, you'll forget about the $25 a year from now when Halo 3 launches, and will be gleefully happy getting a Legendary for $75 (the CE alone should set you back $75 with tax).[/QUOTE]

But then again you're giving Gamestop a $25 1 year loan (at least) interest free

Yep. They did the same for me when I picked up gears. "Were not sure how long we're going to take pre-orders for it, but it won't be long" fuck off. Like MS is only going to offer an item to a select few people who are in the know and feel like buying something(re: $100 item) a year in advance? Not likely.

They are taking advantage of the demographic. i.e. Those that pick up Gears are probably 99% likely to pick up Halo 3. So why not sell it to them a year in advance?

I flat out told the guy I'd rather earn interest on my money than let their company earn the interest for a year. He was speechless, almost like that had never crossed his mind.

we were told they will be limited, individually numbered with a certificate of authenticity, whether limited is 500 or 500,000 is another story.

[quote name='Corvin']Yep. They did the same for me when I picked up gears. "Were not sure how long we're going to take pre-orders for it, but it won't be long" fuck off. Like MS is only going to offer an item to a select few people who are in the know and feel like buying something(re: $100 item) a year in advance? Not likely.

They are taking advantage of the demographic. i.e. Those that pick up Gears are probably 99% likely to pick up Halo 3. So why not sell it to them a year in advance?

I flat out told the guy I'd rather earn interest on my money than let their company earn the interest for a year. He was speechless, almost like that had never crossed his mind.[/QUOTE]

You sure showed him. I bet Gamestop already misses that extra $0.78.

Savings is savings. That shouldn't have to be explained to a "cheap ass gamer." What is your $.78 cents rate based on? The .03% the bank gives you? I earn 4.5% on my account meaning more $$$. You want to give a store $25 for a slip of paper, go right ahead. A year is a long time. A company could go out of business and you would never see your money again.

[quote name='iheartmetal']we were told they will be limited, individually numbered with a certificate of authenticity, whether limited is 500 or 500,000 is another story.[/QUOTE]

The other factor is what percentage of these are going to Gamestop/EB? They won't be getting them all. With them taking orders so far in advance, I'm willing to bet the total they sell will have an effect on how many they make. For example if they sell 100,000 of them long before the public is even aware they exist, MS will make more than enough to cover those and then some. It will be like printing money. There is a reason they didn't give out any hard numbers.

The other factor is what percentage of these are going to Gamestop/EB? They won't be getting them all. With them taking orders so far in advance, I'm willing to bet the total they sell will have an effect on how many they make. For example if they sell 100,000 of them long before the public is even aware they exist, MS will make more than enough to cover those and then some. It will be like printing money. There is a reason they didn't give out any hard numbers.

GS/Eb Could be getting all of them they were the only retailer to the LE version of FFXII

I was counting on that dude just exaggerating, as all EB/GS employees do to pull in pre-orders. I'm still gonna pre-order soon though, as regardless to what other say, that thing is totally worth $100 to me. And I mean it's just a pre-order...maybe I'm not a big enough cheap ass to whip up a GameStop conspiracy about collecting interest.

While I was playing Gears of War today a guy on my team was talking to his friends in the background with his mic not muted and they were talking about putting the Spartan helmet on their cat. lol

[quote name='nyprimus4']While I was playing Gears of War today a guy on my team was talking to his friends in the background with his mic not muted and they were talking about putting the Spartan helmet on their cat. lol[/QUOTE]

LOL That gives me the idea of putting it on my two dogs. But fo' real, I cannot wait to get that helmet, as geeky as that is.

[quote name='Kayden']So... is it a usable helmet or just some cheapass piece of plastic like a burgerking crown?[/quote]it isnt big enough for you to put on. like dude was saying though, you could probably fit it on a cat. its made of motorcycle helmet like plastic, whatever that means. i saw the pics. it looks cool. im gonna preorder one next time im at the mall.

[quote name='thagoat']it isnt big enough for you to put on. like dude was saying though, you could probably fit it on a cat. its made of motorcycle helmet like plastic, whatever that means. i saw the pics. it looks cool. im gonna preorder one next time im at the mall.[/quote]

Great... so when I feel like getting a cat and putting it on a moped, I'll have all my safety bases covered. :roll:

bread's done
Back