Avatar Blu + DVD Wal-Mart $19.96

xxjonoxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Just came back from Wal-Mart and got Avatar at midnight. They had a ton of Blu-Ray + DVD Combo pack marked on the shelf for $24.96, but rang up $19.96. Also came with a free 3D sticker, but I had to ask for it.

My friend also bought the movie at Best Buy and got a free full size poster with it at midnight.

As requested, this Blu-Ray + DVD Combo is also

$19.99 at Target
$19.99 at Toys R Us
$19.99 at Amazon
$22.99 at Best Buy

All prices good through Saturday night, at the minimum. If anything, Wal-Marts price will probably stay this price for longer than all the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SuperJedi']DO this Barebone have a coupon towards the Deluxe/Ultimate Edition at all?[/QUOTE]

There is a code to go to www.avatarmovie.com/register to gain access to some special behind the scene footage and and join in the plant a million trees program. They might add more features later like the ability to get a coupon for buying the extended edition later in the year.

Here are a few pictures of the 3D sticker from Wal-Mart:

Jake changes from Human to Na'vi as you move it.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Just came back from Wal-Mart and got Avatar at midnight. They had a ton of Blu-Ray + DVD Combo pack marked on the shelf for $24.96, but rang up $19.96. Also came with a free 3D sticker, but I had to ask for it.

My friend also bought the movie at Best Buy and got a free full size poster with it at midnight.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting! Did your friend get a free t-shirt as well? Any chance you or your friend can post pictures of Best Buy loot? TIA!

I got it anyway, damn hope there WILL be a coupon toward better Version!

Looks like a FAIL, not many customers fall for it at all!

OP, add Target to the title, as it's the same price there too!

WOW this movie might just be the PRETTIEST looking movie I EVER seen!!!

Fact is a lot of colors, etc are LOST in the movie theater presentation!

You serious need NO 3D to appreciate this at all.

STUNNING AS HELL!!!

Why is anyone picking this up? Your going to have to double dip by the end of the month!

James Cameron has already announced he's working on a Extended Edition of the film to be re-released in Theatres & IMAX in September. As well as their will be a Special Edition version that will be shown in 3D released on DVD & Blu-Ray this holiday season.

You guys are throwing your $20-$30 away. Just wait till Christmas, LOL!

This is not a deal! In the end if you get the other version later this year, your going to be paying $60 for the dang movie!

I be planning to sell half of it (DVD) and then later the BD version when SE comes out.

It's $20, and the PQ is Gorgeous. I went to work today for some easy work, so that's the EASY $$ there :)

[quote name='HCHecxz']Why is anyone picking this up? Your going to have to double dip by the end of the month!

James Cameron has already announced he's working on a Extended Edition of the film to be re-released in Theatres & IMAX in September. As well as their will be a Special Edition version that will be shown in 3D released on DVD & Blu-Ray this holiday season.

This is not a deal! In the end if you get the other version later this year, your going to be paying $60 for the dang movie![/QUOTE]

April ends in 8 days. We're getting another release next week?

Who cares when the next release is? People will buy it now (those that want it) and people will wait for the inevitable re-hash (You). As long as they're satisfied with the purchase it shouldn't be your problem to worry about.

[quote name='HCHecxz']Why is anyone picking this up? Your going to have to double dip by the end of the month!

This is not a deal! In the end if you get the other version later this year, your going to be paying $60 for the dang movie![/QUOTE]

I for one would rather pay $20 now and be able to watch it instead of waiting until the end of the year. And some people don't even give a shit about special features so this release will be just fine. And really, $60? Please share this insider info that you seem to have that says the next edition is going to be $40.

BUT good to see people not falling for this though. Some companies need to LEARN Greed != Profit :)

Hope it fails BIG time then Fox is being forced to offer an upgrade coupon for us who got it.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Fact still is, this is a beautiful movie, THE #1 HD Demo material, that's a FACT![/QUOTE]

settle down, Beavis.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Fact still is, this is a beautiful movie, THE #1 HD Demo material, that's a FACT![/QUOTE]

Honestly that is kinda why I bought it. I am interested in an extended cut and/or 3D (would I really even benefit from this without a fancy future tv?) but I don't care about making of/behind the scenes crap. Only paid around $12-13 after trading in games at TRU from BBV.

[quote name='opterasis']I for one would rather pay $20 now and be able to watch it instead of waiting until the end of the year. And some people don't even give a shit about special features so this release will be just fine. And really, $60? Please share this insider info that you seem to have that says the next edition is going to be $40.[/QUOTE]

It's not really insider news, but regardless with the trends of SE Blu-Rays you know they will charge more for it we got to wait and see, but however still not worth throwing $20 now when it could go to another DVD/Blu-Ray or even a upcoming game.

Look, broseph, special features like these got old a long time ago. I'm going to give you a summary of what you'll be hearing when the Avatar SE comes around this November:

"This is amazing new technology we're working with"
"Cameron is such a genius, great guy to work with"
"He's just got so much talent"
"I wish I was like him, he's a fantastic director"
"Amazing technology"
"great guy to work with"
"technology"

That about sums up any set of special features. Worthwhile extras are a dime a dozen, if that.

Oh have to check mine did anyone else get this deal? Anyways I don't care about the special editions. I haven't watched a bonus feature in about 5 years.

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']Look, broseph, special features like these got old a long time ago. I'm going to give you a summary of what you'll be hearing when the Avatar SE comes around this November:

"This is amazing new technology we're working with"
"Cameron is such a genius, great guy to work with"
"He's just got so much talent"
"I wish I was like him, he's a fantastic director"
"Amazing technology"
"great guy to work with"
"technology"

That about sums up any set of special features. Worthwhile extras are a dime a dozen, if that.[/QUOTE]

Not talking commentary, i'm talking

The Extended Director's Cut Version of the film with new footage added for the re-release in September that will be in a 3D display for viewing at home.

where this release is the bare bones to make a quick buck!

I picked this up at Target for $19.99 on Blu, Beautiful, Best PQ I have every witnessed

BTW this most be encrypted very well, cause them plank walking scally wags are having a damn time trying to crack this.....serves them right, Im just saying must be a new technology or something

[quote name='HCHecxz']Not talking commentary, i'm talking

The Extended Director's Cut Version of the film with new footage added for the re-release in September that will be in a 3D display for viewing at home.

where this release is the bare bones to make a quick buck![/QUOTE]

great movie and all but do you REALLY have to make it any longer than it already is.....#-o

I'd like a special edition that comes up with a better name for the rare mineral in the plot to be called something more creative than "unobtainium."

[quote name='HCHecxz']It's not really insider news, but regardless with the trends of SE Blu-Rays you know they will charge more for it we got to wait and see, but however still not worth throwing $20 now when it could go to another DVD/Blu-Ray or even a upcoming game.[/QUOTE]

I guarantee you I will watch the version I picked up today at least 3 times before the next edition comes out (probably more) and I will definitely get $20 of entertainment out of it. There is such a thing as being too cheap for your own good.

[quote name='HCHecxz']

where this release is the bare bones to make a quick buck![/QUOTE]

Or to get it out to the public a bit faster for the people that just don't care about special features and want the movie.

Really tempted to buy this but ill wait seeing as im low on money :p
plus i kinda want to see the extra feature they have and itll drive up the hype, for me at least. no point if i dont have an hdtv :(

Sweet decent deal. Went ahead and bought it so I can lend the DVD out to friends who haven't seen it. If I ever get a 3D tv which I doubt anytime in the near future I may double dip otherwise this is good for now

Going to pick this up today. I figure I can sell it later on and get the new edition for the bonus features. it will be worth it since I haven't seen the movie and I'd like to see the PERFECT VQ/AQ OMG that everyone is raving about.

Is the Ultimate Edition release in November a Bluray 3D ONLY? If the November release is non-Bluray 3D, then I would return the current release and wait.

[quote name='retro.elite']Is the Ultimate Edition release in November a Bluray 3D ONLY? If the November release is non-Bluray 3D, then I would return the current release and wait.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and it will feature the Extended Cut that Cameron is going to release in September back into theaters. :bomb:

[quote name='david12795']AQ= ?

Vq= Video quality?[/QUOTE]

Both Video & Audio on the Bare Bones disc is amazing, there's no bonus materials, no trailers, no commentary, it was rush out to promote Earth Day mainly. Just the movie, and at that the video doesn't support the 3D viewing as seen in theaters. The Special Edition November release will however.

Most people couldn't care less about special features or 3D or Extended/Special editions.

[quote name='HCHecxz']Both Video & Audio on the Bare Bones disc is amazing, there's no bonus materials, no trailers, no commentary, it was rush out to promote Earth Day mainly. Just the movie, and at that the video doesn't support the 3D viewing as seen in theaters. The Special Edition November release will however.[/QUOTE]

Its funny a movie that is supposed to promote earth day used a paper slip cover.

[quote name='freshzen']Its funny a movie that is supposed to promote earth day used a paper slip cover.[/QUOTE]

Why? You do realize the plastic that makes up all Blu-Ray cases is much worse to the environment than paper right?

[quote name='HCHecxz']Yes, and it will feature the Extended Cut that Cameron is going to release in September back into theaters. :bomb:

Both Video & Audio on the Bare Bones disc is amazing, there's no bonus materials, no trailers, no commentary, it was rush out to promote Earth Day mainly. Just the movie, and at that the video doesn't support the 3D viewing as seen in theaters. The Special Edition November release will however.[/QUOTE]

The Ultimate Edition in November will NOT be in 3D. The 3D edition comes out next year. So even if you wait until November, you're still getting jipped.

Also, I'd like to point out that the extended edition is six minutes longer. With a movie that's three hours long, six minutes would account for 3%. And I'm willing to bet one of my legs it's just going to be extensions to the action sequences.

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']The Ultimate Edition in November will NOT be in 3D. The 3D edition comes out next year. So even if you wait until November, you're still getting jipped.

Also, I'd like to point out that the extended edition is six minutes longer. With a movie that's three hours long, six minutes would account for 3%. And I'm willing to bet one of my legs it's just going to be extensions to the action sequences.[/QUOTE]

I thought they were going to add back in the creepy hair sex scene. Maybe thats already been re-added, I dont know.

(But at only 6 minutes, looks like Mr. Jake Sully finishes early at the races. ;)

[quote name='freshzen']Its funny a movie that is supposed to promote earth day used a paper slip cover.[/QUOTE]

God you sound just like the idiots on blu-ray.com. And what if those slipcovers were made from leftover wood chips from factories that use wood for other more useful stuff? What if it's made from 100% recycled materials?

[quote name='HCHecxz']Both Video & Audio on the Bare Bones disc is amazing, there's no bonus materials, no trailers, no commentary, it was rush out to promote Earth Day mainly. Just the movie, and at that the video doesn't support the 3D viewing as seen in theaters. The Special Edition November release will however.[/QUOTE]

Commentary=Useless crap
Trailers=Useless crap
Bonus Materials=Usually useless crap
These are just opinions though, now with the facts.

Do a little research, a quick google search will find you a dozen stories from when it was announced the November release will not be in 3d.

Also although there has been no official word as far as I know, when the 3d version does eventually come out down the road, they are talking about it being for 3d TV's not the paper glasses 3d. So the 3d version will be essentially useless to the 95% of us who will not be buying a 3d tv anytime soon.

I'm reading 1.5 million copies sold on day 1. Good to see not everyone is waiting it out for special features that most people won't even actually watch/listen to.

[quote name='opterasis']I'm reading 1.5 million copies sold on day 1. Good to see not everyone is waiting it out for special features that most people won't even actually watch/listen to.[/QUOTE]

Glad to see people enjoy being double dipped. I'll wait thanks.

bread's done
Back