SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
Best price I see is at Target for $24.98 right? How about the promise made that you get a coupon towards this when you bought the bareboned version earlier this year? Where is that coupon?

[quote name='SuperJedi']Best price I see is at Target for $24.98 right? How about the promise made that you get a coupon towards this when you bought the bareboned version earlier this year? Where is that coupon?[/QUOTE]
They lied. And yes Target is the best B&M price.

I think it is going to be 23.99 at Costco (29.99 - $6 coupon) - could be wrong though (and Costco might not be available everywhere)

Amazon also had an offer if you buy Avatar you get $5 off if you bought another select Blu. I got it for $19.99 after buying Fight Club for $13.99 with it.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Best price I see is at Target for $24.98 right? How about the promise made that you get a coupon towards this when you bought the bareboned version earlier this year? Where is that coupon?[/QUOTE]
They emailed out a generic coupon code 'AVATARBD' few moons ago that you could use to preorder at Fox online website. I think it was $5 off with free shipping. It's lame compared to the sale price at most retailers.

Best Buy website is also 24.99 I had them PM their own site in store and got it there so I could use some Reward Zone certificates I had built up.

BTW anybody else feel like the packaging is quite possibly the biggest pain in the ass ever? I feel like I'm opening a popup book.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Best Buy website is also 24.99 I had them PM their own site in store and got it there so I could use some Reward Zone certificates I had built up.

BTW anybody else feel like the packaging is quite possibly the biggest pain in the ass ever? I feel like I'm opening a popup book.[/QUOTE]
I remember people had trouble opening The Bourne Boxset packaging lol!

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Picked it up today at the local Wally World for $25.

We probably won't see a better price for a long time, with that barebones blu out there.[/QUOTE]
Yup, its $24.96 at Wal-Mart. Wed's ad has it for 34.96, but in store it is $24.96. Great deal!

James Cameron disappoints me very much, dude can offer us a $10-15 upgrade coupon when we got the barebones. All these old movies we no longer want should have a trade-in program!

Anyone that bought the initial release of Avatar, knowing that they announced the double-dip before they released the bare bones, you deserve what you get.

Any "rebate" or coupon on the CE for those that purchased the initial release, it was never confirmed, so there was no point to buy the initial release.

Yes, they double-dipped. Though, they did tell you about it without question well in advance of you to make your purchasing decisions, which isn't something most companies will do.

Mine was under $22 from Amazon, with the $5 discount for purchasing another title at the same time. Most of the discount went to Avatar, so it was around $21.50 and the $14.99 title with it was around $13.50.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']It's still not as bad as the Back to the Future packaging.[/QUOTE]

Ugh...that still baffles me. Are studios getting that cheap not to include simple disc placements anymore in these boxsets?

Does anyone think that the 3D version that comes out in a few months will have a lot more extras? I don't care about the 3D version because I don't plan on buying a 3D TV anytime soon but don't want to miss out on anything else. Has anyone heard anything?

[quote name='bizman316']Does anyone think that the 3D version that comes out in a few months will have a lot more extras? I don't care about the 3D version because I don't plan on buying a 3D TV anytime soon but don't want to miss out on anything else. Has anyone heard anything?[/QUOTE]3D version will be an starter pack exclusive for Panasonic from 12/16/10 to 12/31/11.

I seriously doubt there is anything this set lacks other than 3-D. Besides, by the time I finally get a 3-D TV, a barebones Avatar 3D blu will probably be super cheap.

argh...I dunno if I could sit thru a 3hr movie :I I know the reviews are up for the CE, but has anyone put up a review of the new scenes and to see if they are really worth being put back into the movie? I like directors cuts ...but if it's stuff that ends up being "fluff" that really doesn't do anything for the overall story..then its a skip for me.

[quote name='ITDEFX']argh...I dunno if I could sit thru a 3hr movie :I I know the reviews are up for the CE, but has anyone put up a review of the new scenes and to see if they are really worth being put back into the movie? I like directors cuts ...but if it's stuff that ends up being "fluff" that really doesn't do anything for the overall story..then its a skip for me.[/QUOTE]

The blu-ray.com review mentions that they aren't groundbreaking, but they fit well into the story. Keep in mind there's 45 minutes of deleted scenes that aren't in the movie, so when there's an extended cut AND deleted scenes, I tend to believe that the cut will be good. And apparently the extras are good too.

I'd still recommend the CE, as it has all 3 cuts of the movie. Unless you have no interest in any extras OR extended cuts, then you might want to see if Black Friday will give you a deal on the barebones blu.

[quote name='bizman316']Does anyone think that the 3D version that comes out in a few months will have a lot more extras? I don't care about the 3D version because I don't plan on buying a 3D TV anytime soon but don't want to miss out on anything else. Has anyone heard anything?[/QUOTE]

I suspect the 3D Blu-ray will be the theatrical cut only with a lot of the extras missing. That way there can be a fourth release with the other cuts and special features.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I suspect the 3D Blu-ray will be the theatrical cut only with a lot of the extras missing. That way there can be a fourth release with the other cuts and special features.[/QUOTE]

After the way they've milked this movie already, I have no doubt that your assumption is correct. :)

[quote name='shrike4242']3D version will be an starter pack exclusive for Panasonic from 12/16/10 to 12/31/11.[/QUOTE]

That long? Shit. I thought I'd read that it was a six-month exclusive deal, not over a year. fuck you, Panasonic!

And fuck the studios too for letting this sort of thing happen. They're killing 3D out the door by making it impossible to get enough content to be worth it unless you plan on buying a TV from each manufacturer.

If there were to be another 3D release besides a bare bones edition after the exclusive has ended, then the super mega deluxe 3D version will release a week prior to the sequel hitting theaters.

[quote name='arcane93']That long? Shit. I thought I'd read that it was a six-month exclusive deal, not over a year. fuck you, Panasonic!

And fuck the studios too for letting this sort of thing happen. They're killing 3D out the door by making it impossible to get enough content to be worth it unless you plan on buying a TV from each manufacturer.[/QUOTE]Last I had heard, it was supposed to be exclusive through the end of 2011.

And I agree, this whole situation with "exclusive with starter kit" is beyond ridiculous. How can the movie studios think that going this way would be more sales generating than letting everyone purchase them?

Only people that are doing well at this are the ones reselling the exclusive titles on eBay.

[quote name='shrike4242']And I agree, this whole situation with "exclusive with starter kit" is beyond ridiculous. How can the movie studios think that going this way would be more sales generating than letting everyone purchase them?[/QUOTE]

Basically, they're killing it. I've even got a 3D-capable TV (Samsung) already, but I won't buy the glasses because it's just not worth the expense right now. The few movies that are available aren't that interesting to me, and certainly not interesting enough to spend that much money. If they get enough worthwhile content out there for me to purchase, I'll happily pick the glasses up; but until then, I'm not going to bother.

I would just like to know how anyone ever thought all of these exclusive deals was a good idea. I just can't make any sense of it.

[quote name='donut']$24.99 with free ship at Amazon...

now to sell my original blu on craigslist for $10...[/QUOTE]

Just shipped my old copy off on Goozex for 450 points.

[quote name='arcane93']Basically, they're killing it. I've even got a 3D-capable TV (Samsung) already, but I won't buy the glasses because it's just not worth the expense right now. The few movies that are available aren't that interesting to me, and certainly not interesting enough to spend that much money. If they get enough worthwhile content out there for me to purchase, I'll happily pick the glasses up; but until then, I'm not going to bother.

I would just like to know how anyone ever thought all of these exclusive deals was a good idea. I just can't make any sense of it.[/QUOTE]

I titally agree, i bought a 3d samsung and have not bought the glasses either due to lack of content..

bread's done
Back