jaredstorm

CAGiversary!
Have any of you guys played this? It's your typical rpg adventure, but it's sooooo good. I hope a lot of people get this.

Its definitely the best Avatar supported game I've played.

So you're telling me I can fight beasts with a sword while wearing my Jordan jersey, blonde flat top and stash? Pretty much sold...

I tried the demo, it's cute but the camera controls are a bit wonky. you thumstick left it rotates right, you thumstick up you look down etc.

Sounds like the game is enabled with the controls inverted from how console gamer's like it. There's no menu option to invert thumbsticks?

[quote name='utopianmachine']Sounds like the game is enabled with the controls inverted from how console gamer's like it. There's no menu option to invert thumbsticks?[/QUOTE]

I looked, perhaps not hard enough but I didn't see any way to invert the controls...what I couldn't get used to was, when you turn one way and the camera goes another, but you still want to move your avatar in a particular direction...yarr. It was like playing Descent for the 1st time on the MAC.

You can switch the camera controls from inverted to normal. At least, I did for the demo...

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I really hope other people out there have tried this game, despite it being an Indie title.

I've been playing it for the last few days, and I've been really impressed. Yes, it's a $3 title, which is highish for indie games. But the amount of gameplay is really amazing. This is no 45 minute DLC Quest (which is great and worth a buck, no matter how short). It appears to be an 8-10 hour game for the main quest. Getting to use your own avatar is humorous, and the game's characters, quests, settings, monsters, weapons, magic attacks -- it's all really well done. There's a lot of gamer humor, as well.

there's a lot of great indie games, ranging from $1 to $5. wish there was a better system to increase visibility of these games. this is a huge selling point as the indie marketplace is the only dedicated game console market that allows the everyday joe to publish games and get their feet wet in the world of publishing games.

People will point out XBLIG websites but most of the ones I found haven't been particularly good or well-maintained (maybe someone can point me out to some great ones?).

[quote name='dirtyvu']there's a lot of great indie games, ranging from $1 to $5. wish there was a better system to increase visibility of these games. this is a huge selling point as the indie marketplace is the only dedicated game console market that allows the everyday joe to publish games and get their feet wet in the world of publishing games.

People will point out XBLIG websites but most of the ones I found haven't been particularly good or well-maintained (maybe someone can point me out to some great ones?).[/QUOTE]

http://www.xblaratings.com/

[quote name='utopianmachine']I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I really hope other people out there have tried this game, despite it being an Indie title.

I've been playing it for the last few days, and I've been really impressed. Yes, it's a $3 title, which is highish for indie games. But the amount of gameplay is really amazing. This is no 45 minute DLC Quest (which is great and worth a buck, no matter how short). It appears to be an 8-10 hour game for the main quest. Getting to use your own avatar is humorous, and the game's characters, quests, settings, monsters, weapons, magic attacks -- it's all really well done. There's a lot of gamer humor, as well.[/QUOTE]

Agreed all the way. I got this game last year and not only did I have a blast with it, but my 11 year old daughter totally loved it, and still plays it regularly, changing her avatar looks each time. Good stuff all the way.

Yeah, I've been playing it for a few days, and every time I go back in, I change my avatar. Looking forward to seeing what playing as a robot looks like. :D

[quote name='mrx001']http://www.xblaratings.com/[/QUOTE]

yeah, I've used that site before (even contributed a few reviews). but not enough people are contributing to it as there's tons of games I was curious about but no one made any comment on those games.

there's another site I found that I like as well: http://xblig.co/

bread's done
Back