Avatar loaning program! (Chain Complete!!! Good Job CAGS!!!!)

i had messaged the OP about joining but it seems that just posting will get a quicker response. Whenever I get it is fine. Its just a cool idea!

In all honestly, the list should be in order of when people signed up for the program. Pretty simple, no 'cutting' in front of people etc. I have 66 trades over at Game Trader World plus 11 here giving me 77 total, but it shouldn't matter so long as you have 1 trade and have been a member for a year.

I see that a lot of people are into this and I guess to each his/her own. I just wanted to jot down some comments as to why I went for the "dumb idea":

1) I'm not particularly intrigued by the "high gamerscore" bit. I like achievements in the sense that I like the acknowledgement when I'm playing a game and something cool happens, but I dont have much value for the numerical attachment. (I realize others feel differently)

2) This doesnt seem to me to be the most effective way of getting the game. First off, since I'm a member of Blockbuster Online, I get free coupons for games every month. If, I wanted Avatar, I'd just rent it. But even if I didnt, I'd just buy a used copy from Gamestop, get the quick boost and return it within the seven days for a full refund.

I completely understood the OXM Rock Band disc train as only certain people (i.e. those w/ mag. subscriptions) could obtain the discs. But I dont know why an Avatar train is needed/wanted, when there are other ways to get the game cheap (free?) for the quick Achievement Whoring.

I had a family emergency (turned out to be false alarm but better safe than sorry) last night that prevented me from shipping it...its definitely going out today, I'll be dropping it at the local P.O. in an hour.

I apologize for the delay.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I had a family emergency (turned out to be false alarm but better safe than sorry) last night that prevented me from shipping it...its definitely going out today, I'll be dropping it at the local P.O. in an hour.

I apologize for the delay.[/quote]

Glad the fam is safe...much more important than mailing out a game

[quote name='Jedi1979']updated OP with new list...if i missed something just post it[/quote]

Thanks for setting this up, Jedi. Whores unite. :D

[quote name='hostyl1']I see that a lot of people are into this and I guess to each his/her own. I just wanted to jot down some comments as to why I went for the "dumb idea":

1) I'm not particularly intrigued by the "high gamerscore" bit. I like achievements in the sense that I like the acknowledgement when I'm playing a game and something cool happens, but I dont have much value for the numerical attachment. (I realize others feel differently)

2) This doesnt seem to me to be the most effective way of getting the game. First off, since I'm a member of Blockbuster Online, I get free coupons for games every month. If, I wanted Avatar, I'd just rent it. But even if I didnt, I'd just buy a used copy from Gamestop, get the quick boost and return it within the seven days for a full refund.

I completely understood the OXM Rock Band disc train as only certain people (i.e. those w/ mag. subscriptions) could obtain the discs. But I dont know why an Avatar train is needed/wanted, when there are other ways to get the game cheap (free?) for the quick Achievement Whoring.[/quote]

1. Not everyone has Blockbuster Online.

2. "Renting" games from Gamestop/EB is typically frowned upon. And even if it wasn't, it seems like even more of a hassle. You have to drive to the store, buy the game, go home and play it, drive back to return it, etc. Gas isn't cheap right now, buddy.

I guess you could Gamefly it, but it seems like a waste of a rental to me. It takes like 3 days to receive a game and another 3 days for them to receive it (at least for me) I'd rather not waste that week on a game that will take maybe 2 hours to finish.

I'd really appreciate someone send this to me. First-class to Canada if this is going disk only should be less than $1.50

I will even go so far as to get it from my mailbox in the morning, get the achievements and get it back on it's way on the same day.

[quote name='Grecco']Still no chance for a non veteran to make the list? (Even at the end?) None of the rental places near here have it[/quote]

you are added:)

I just got home and received it in the mail. Popped it in and done. I might even mail this out tonight on my way out using the automated postage thing. On the way to chakan tonight or tomorrow.

[quote name='xbox lives on']Bump because the OP has ignored my Post and the PM I sent him 2 days ago about adding me.[/quote]

you know... people with no patience annoy me...therefore you will not be added...good job:applause:

if you anybody wants to be added just post here and i will update when i can...just understand that you will be towards the end of the list

[quote name='Jedi1979']you know... people with no patience annoy me...therefore you will not be added...good job:applause:

if you anybody wants to be added just post here and i will update when i can...just understand that you will be towards the end of the list[/quote]

Oh, For crying out loud!

Take a chill pill joke!

I Posted, then PMed you 2 days ago. I saw you online atleast twice yesterday. Even if you didn't have the time to add me to the list you could have replied to my PM. :roll:

For all I knew, you were ignoring me.

[quote name='xbox lives on']Oh, For crying out loud!

Take a chill pill joke!

I Posted, then PMed you 2 days ago. I saw you online atleast twice yesterday. Even if you didn't have the time to add me to the list you could have replied to my PM. :roll:

For all I knew, you were ignoring me.[/quote]

you pmed me yesterday evening not 2 days ago...

[quote name='Jedi1979']you pmed me yesterday evening not 2 days ago...[/quote]
I apologise, you are correct. I send you the PM Yesterday at 5pm. I was thinking of a different PM I sent to somebody a couple of days ago.

[quote name='xbox lives on']Oh, For crying out loud!

Take a chill pill joke!

For all I knew, you were ignoring me.[/quote]

How is being a pushy a-hole a "joke"?

It's not like you wouldn't be near the bottom of the list anyway, so there's no need to be all up in arms over not being added the minute you sent the PM.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Someone That has the OXM Rock Band disc should start a thread like this.[/quote]

There are currently 2 or 3 "trains" for the OXM Rock Band disc, go into Rock Band thread and see if you can be added.

[quote name='Synergy']How is being a pushy a-hole a "joke"?

It's not like you wouldn't be near the bottom of the list anyway, so there's no need to be all up in arms over not being added the minute you sent the PM.[/quote]

Pushy A-hole?!?

He added this guy 16 minutes after he posted to the list and he wasn't even a Veteran. I have been here over 4 years. I posted AND PMed and wasn't added 2 Days later so I bumped it with a post to get the OP attention. I know I would be near the bottom but atleast I would be on the list! How the hell is that being pushy? :roll:

[quote name='Grecco']Still no chance for a non veteran to make the list? (Even at the end?) None of the rental places near here have it[/quote]

[quote name='Jedi1979']you are added:)[/quote]

[quote name='xbox lives on']Pushy A-hole?!?

He added this guy 16 minutes after he posted to the list and he wasn't even a Veteran. I have been here over 4 years. I posted AND PMed and wasn't added 2 Days later so I bumped it with a post to get the OP attention. I know I would be near the bottom but atleast I would be on the list! How the hell is that being pushy? :roll:[/quote]

did ya ever think that i happened to be checking the thread right after he posted?...and again you are sticking to your 2 day story when you just admitted it wasnt 2 days since you pmed me.

[quote name='Jedi1979']did ya ever think that i happened to be checking the thread right after he posted?...and again you are sticking to your 2 day story when you just admitted it wasnt 2 days since you pmed me.[/quote]

It was 2 days since I posted. I then followed up with a PM the following day. Then the next day I posted again. check for yourself.

I already admitted I errorred in saying that I PMed 2 days ago, but I posted in this thread 2 days before I posted again.

ofcourse I realized you were checking this thread right after he posted. But did you not check this thread for 2 days between my first post and my second post?!?

Here, I will provide a link for you:
http://cheapyd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4146183&postcount=113

[quote name='xbox lives on']It was 2 days since I posted. I then followed up with a PM the following day. Then the next day I posted again. check for yourself.

I already admitted I errorred in saying that I PMed 2 days ago, but I posted in this thread 2 days before I posted again.

ofcourse I realized you were checking this thread right after he posted. But did you not check this thread for 2 days between my first post and my second post?!?

Here, I will provide a link for you:
http://cheapyd.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4146183&postcount=113[/quote]

dude, chill..even if he added you 12 seconds after you posted you still wont see the game for like a month

[quote name='Malik112099']dude, chill..even if he added you 12 seconds after you posted you still wont see the game for like a month[/quote]
He says I didn't ask 2 days ago. I provided a link where I did. Why am I the one that needs to chill?

[quote name='xbox lives on']Pushy A-hole?!?

He added this guy 16 minutes after he posted to the list and he wasn't even a Veteran. I have been here over 4 years. I posted AND PMed and wasn't added 2 Days later so I bumped it with a post to get the OP attention. I know I would be near the bottom but atleast I would be on the list! How the hell is that being pushy? :roll:[/quote]

I may not be a "veteran" but heck ive got more posts in the forums than you. Not only that i had requested to be added days ago The post you qouted was my seccond post on this thread on the subject

Jedi has already told you he is not including you in this. Its his game/idea and what he says goes. You obviously offended him by assuming he ignored you by not responding to your request as quick as you wanted him to. Arguing isn't going to help your case. While we are a community based on sharing deals and information, no one is owed anything and since your request has already been denied, just accept it and move on.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Jedi has already told you he is not including you in this. Its his game/idea and what he says goes. You obviously offended him by assuming he ignored you by not responding to your request as quick as you wanted him to. Arguing isn't going to help your case. While we are a community based on sharing deals and information, no one is owed anything and since your request has already been denied, just accept it and move on.[/quote]
I can accept it, hell I'll just keep trying to rent it. But the fact is that he was saying in more than one post that I didn't ask to be included when I did and got mad at me. I provided a link to my post to prove I did ask 2 days ago and I'm the bad guy?

Whatever you do guys, don't disagree with Jedi or your name will be striken from the list!

All of you tough guys can go ahead and tell me to fuck off, because I won't be returning to this thread again.

good.

on another note you can take me off the list, I found it cheap today so Im just going to grab the points and goozex it or something

.......ok......well, anyway. Got it, played it for five minutes, mailed it to yukine.

Thanks, Jedi1979 and CouraGeous

Just got it about 5 minutes ago actually, I'll pop it in and I should be able to mail it out today if not, tomorrow.

And someone is going to get their doughnut on. ;)

[quote name='yukine']
And someone is going to get their doughnut on. ;)[/QUOTE]
innocent0009.gif

Just beat the game. ;)

I feel kind of cheap getting the points so easily, so I was going to play through the whole thing... eh, forget about it. There's way too many good games to be played.

[quote name='chakan']
innocent0009.gif
[/quote]

Ah, nice touch. Not sure if they will make it to Jedi though dude.

I trust these guys with games, but not confectionery treats.

[quote name='Rozz']What condition is the game in at this point?[/QUOTE]
After four people? Just horrible. Might as well end the thing now. I rubbed cocoa butter all over it because I took it tanning with me. Then I heard chakan got caught having sex with it on a picnic table. I can't even imagine what yukine did with it.

[quote name='CouRageouS']After four people? Just horrible. Might as well end the thing now. I rubbed cocoa butter all over it because I took it tanning with me. Then I heard chakan got caught having sex with it on a picnic table. I can't even imagine what yukine did with it.[/QUOTE]I wanted to thank whoever for that cocoa butter...it made things easier.

Just got it about 5 minutes ago actually, I'll pop it in and I should be able to mail it out today if not, tomorrow.

And someone is going to get their doughnut on. ;)

Just beat the game. ;)

I feel kind of cheap getting the points so easily, so I was going to play through the whole thing... eh, forget about it. There's way too many good games to be played.

[quote name='chakan']
innocent0009.gif
[/quote]

Ah, nice touch. Not sure if they will make it to Jedi though dude.

I trust these guys with games, but not confectionery treats.

bread's done
Back