Avatar TLA DVDs $15 at Target? (YMMV)

Sonic9jct

CAGiversary!
I just got back from Target where they had a couple of Avatar The Last Airbender season sets on the shelf for $15 each (not clearance or sale price).  When I tried to look it up on Target.com to double check, I only saw Book 3 for a different online price ($16) so if you find the DVDs in your store, the prices may not be the same.

I picked up one of each season for $15 each, so if you seem in your store, give them a price check.

this is THEEEE best animated show that has been made over the last 10 years plus !! i wish all three books were put on blu ray though. the fact that legend of kora has gotten the blu ray treatment that gives me hope of that happening someday

this is THEEEE best animated show that has been made over the last 10 years plus !! i wish all three books were put on blu ray though. the fact that legend of kora has gotten the blu ray treatment that gives me hope of that happening someday
Man, *every* time there's an Avatar topic, this comes up. Korra was produced in HD. Avatar was not. There will be no Avatar Blu-rays unless they go back and basically re-do the whole thing or put out a lazy upscale.

These are the standard prices at Target. I picked up the first two season a few months ago and the third one at FYE when they were $12.

Man, *every* time there's an Avatar topic, this comes up. Korra was produced in HD. Avatar was not. There will be no Avatar Blu-rays unless they go back and basically re-do the whole thing or put out a lazy upscale.
They don't have to redo the whole thing. They just need to do a new 1080p transfer. There will most likely be a Blu-ray release. I would bet a year or so after the last Korra Blu.

I don't care if it comes to DVD or Bluray, but I'd love an Avatar set with proper video quality as opposed to the messy compression used on the current sets. They have a lot of picture issues.

But yeah, TLA is never coming to bluray and a remaster is dubious at best.

They don't have to redo the whole thing. They just need to do a new 1080p transfer. There will most likely be a Blu-ray release. I would bet a year or so after the last Korra Blu.
Except it's not that easy. If it was made using cels shot on film, sure, but the show was produced digitally, and in standard definition. They'd need to recreate the original assets in HD, which is time-consuming and expensive as heck. And I can pretty much guarantee you that Nickelodeon doesn't care enough to undertake a project of that cost or magnitude.

There is a decent chance of Avatar Blu-rays, but it will likely be upscale.

Remember that Kids TV shows on Blu-ray is still young. Korra is Nick's only show on Blu-ray and most other companies only have 2 or 3 of their shows and most of those are only sold online.

bread's done
Back