Avenger controller Adapter $40 on Buy.com

[quote name='Link2999']Ya, not my kind of controller.[/QUOTE]
Not totally true. They actually made it to "improve" gaming experiences. I never understood it.

EDIT you must have edited your post right as I replied to it

They aren't that bad of a controller, just expensive. It's just with the whole debacle with the marketing company behind they got a bad rep. Still expensive though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this just an 'adapter'? It doesn't come with the controller so you may wanna throw that in your title.

Yes, this is only a "shell" that goes over a standard controller. Not an actual controller. And $40 is MSRP as far as I know. More info here: http://www.avengercontroller.com/

Edit: I was wrong on the MSRP. It was originally $50 but with the whole PR episode blowing up, they discounted the price of all pre-orders by $10, so this is a match of the pre-order price, might be a new MSRP, who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XenoNinjaX']i think this was intended for disabled gamers[/QUOTE]

This is also intended for people with small hands

I have thought about getting one but it has taken me forever to get ok with the controller as is...I am not sure I want to relearn how to play again.

lol this was the whole pennyarcade oceanmarketing fiasco thing, lol.
and is this the mod hack controllers that let mw3 players jumpshoot or dropshoot at the same time? idk

[quote name='Velo214']lol this was the whole pennyarcade oceanmarketing fiasco thing, lol.
and is this the mod hack controllers that let mw3 players jumpshoot or dropshoot at the same time? idk[/QUOTE]

If you mean the dropshoot, you can do that if you change your controller setting to tactical I believe and just press in the right stick. Lots of "pro" do it like that....

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Does this controller have any kind of reference to my sig?[/QUOTE]

I thought it did too :(

I'm scared just looking at that thing. It look like S&M for controllers

I do NOT understand what utility this adds. I might buy one because, hell, I have like one of every peripheral, even all them arcade sticks and "classic" style pads do nothing to enhance or degrade my shump skills... but I'd like to know what precisely this lets you do.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I do NOT understand what utility this adds. I might buy one because, hell, I have like one of every peripheral, even all them arcade sticks and "classic" style pads do nothing to enhance or degrade my shump skills... but I'd like to know what precisely this lets you do.[/QUOTE]

I think that's the wrong type of "shooter" for this controller.

I play all kinds of shooters and the more people accidentally cross shumps and FPSs together causing frothing, spittle-flecked nerd rage, the happier I am.*

But yeah, what does it let you do in a practical gaming sense?

*Of note, calling shmups shumps elicits no reaction. I've been doing it for months. Calling roguelikes rougelikes... EVERY TIME

[quote name='RollingSkull']I play all kinds of shooters and the more people accidentally cross shumps and FPSs together causing frothing, spittle-flecked nerd rage, the happier I am.*

But yeah, what does it let you do in a practical gaming sense?

*Of note, calling shmups shumps elicits no reaction. I've been doing it for months. Calling roguelikes rougelikes... EVERY TIME[/QUOTE]

I think it lets you hit the triggers with more speed, I read a game informer article about it or something.

[quote name='Velo214']lol this was the whole pennyarcade oceanmarketing fiasco thing, lol.
and is this the mod hack controllers that let mw3 players jumpshoot or dropshoot at the same time? idk[/QUOTE]

a friend showed me that pennyarcade article.. god i got SUCH a laugh outa it. Watching the ocean marketing guys reaction and attitude once he realized what hed done was great. I cant find the PA article. Can anyone linke to it?

I did find the video done on it though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqV9kx40RG0&ob=av3e

hilarious stuff. Go read the PA article to really laugh your ass off

Honestly i think the controllers only worth it for disabled gamers

The intended purpose is to let you press the face buttons (A, B, X, Y on 360) without moving your thumb off the right thumbstick. I think it's absurd but to each his own.

I read the emails a while back and got a laugh out of them as well, this thing just looks hideous though. As others said however, it has been said to help out disabled gamers so for them it may be really really nice.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Just read through the back and forth emails and all I can say is HOLY SHIT

Read: http://penny-arcade.com/resources/just-wow1.html[/QUOTE]

Seriously, that was such an epic few days. I was laughing my ass off the whole night

The comic strip they drew afterward was hilarious too, I cant imagine the look on Paul's face when he realized who he had just badmouthed

I honestly don't know how I missed hearing about that until now, it sounds like it blew up all over the Internet, even on sites like MSNBC and Forbes. I definitely needed the laugh tonight so it''s all good.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I have thought about getting one but it has taken me forever to get ok with the controller as is...I am not sure I want to relearn how to play again.[/QUOTE]

"re-" means again, bru

I have no need/interest in the Avenger, but I don't bear the company any ill will. It seems like the P-train was really just a stroke of rotten luck for them. I'm hoping he didn't take the whole ship down on his Ahab-style descent into insanity.

Apparently they have hired a guy to try and pull them out of the moon-sized crater Paul sunk them in. He seems like a pretty cool guy, eh... (you know the rest). He started by posting an AMA on reddit which I found linked to on amazon- portions of it are an absolute must read if you're interested in the whole situation:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/nw1vm/ama_the_guy_who_replaced_paul_christoforo_and_is/

Paul Christoforo approves of this sale.

"Son Im 38 I wwebsite as on the internet when you were a sperm in your daddys balls" - Paul Christoforo

Wow. I totally missed this whole thing, but holy crap what poor customer service. Did this guy end up losing his job? If so I wonder if any of those companies he was so connected with were willing to take the PR hit to bring him onto their staff.

I took a look cuz I too thought this was a controller with some sort of tie-in to The Avengers of Marvel Comic fame.

This addon to your controller makes it look like the controller has been assimulated.

Resistance is futile - (and apparently so is trying to reason with Ocean marketing).

Bottom line is $40 is a bit steep for a controller add on.

bread's done
Back