Avengers 3D $19.99 at Target YMMV?

vanton619

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I picked up the Avengers 3D at Target this morning (with bonus disc) and it rang up for $19.99. I don't know if it's a glitch or the regular sale price. I'd say YMMV for now. I got the price at the Rockaway, NJ store.

good heads up. got a $5 gift cert from bestbuy today. price matched to amazon for 19.99. got the 4disk 3d blu/dvd set for 14.99. gonna have to check this out tonight. still havent seen it yet either.

Here is an unboxing of Target one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnMe8_6UIyg

I found a Best Buy that still had some steelbooks left went for it, since I'd rather have a nice case that some extra bonus features I don't care about.

Steelbook Pic
Outside
original

Inside (Holds 3 Discs Total Disc Holders Not shown)
theavengersfutureshopsteelbook1.jpg

I went back to Target today to see if they restocked since the employee told me they would anytime this week. I price matched BB yesterday, but really wanted the bonus disc, so I also grabbed the standard Target blu and sat here looking at them trying to decide which to keep. Anyway, about 45 minutes ago, I walked to the back of Target at the exact moment an employee opened a box to restock 3D copies w/ bonus disc. So I grabbed one. Now I have to return the regular Target bluray. I already returned the BB 3D price match. So now I got the whole set for $18.99 (Target Red Card 5% discount), so I am beyond happy. The restock was in Boynton Beach, FL, btw.

I see that the $20 3D copies are in stock at the store closest to me according to Target.com, and I'm really considering trying to get it in exchange for the regular BD+DVD copy I got from Amazon for free after the box set got indefinitely delayed... Any advice? Would this be just too underhanded? Are the SKUs (between Target & Amazon) different?

[quote name='fuze9']I see that the $20 3D copies are in stock at the store closest to me according to Target.com, and I'm really considering trying to get it in exchange for the regular BD+DVD copy I got from Amazon for free after the box set got indefinitely delayed... Any advice? Would this be just too underhanded? Are the SKUs (between Target & Amazon) different?[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that on Disney releases in particular Target & Best Buy at least have stickers over the "generic" sku for each item. The stickered barcode will have the same SKU as the "generic" one but has an additional set of numbers/code following that that is specific to the retailer. The set from Amazon will not have the sticker. I've noticed this most of the Disney releases lately including the ones that haven't been store exclusives. The last batch of Studio Ghibli titles, John Carter & Avengers are titles that I'm sure this was true for.

[quote name='wolfhunt']The sign at my store (Cincinnati, Beechmont location) did state no rainchecks but the girl at the customer service counter tried for me anyway and I was able to get one. They had a ton of the dvd and blu/dvd but said they only got a few of the 3d/blu/dvd/dc copies in.

Will Best Buy price match a raincheck? Might try that later tonight.[/QUOTE]

I'm bout to leave to hit the same store to see if they have any left.:bouncy:

[quote name='fuze9']I see that the $20 3D copies are in stock at the store closest to me according to Target.com, and I'm really considering trying to get it in exchange for the regular BD+DVD copy I got from Amazon for free after the box set got indefinitely delayed... Any advice? Would this be just too underhanded? Are the SKUs (between Target & Amazon) different?[/QUOTE]
Target.com's stock locator is not reliable.

All 3 Targets near my area are shown to be "in stock".

I just went to the one of the store just 2 mins away from me and they told me The Avengers 3D are all sold out and that it takes Target.com usually 24 hours to update their in-store stock.

I called the other Targets just to make sure and they also have none still in stock.

[quote name='mightymek']I went back to Target today to see if they restocked since the employee told me they would anytime this week. I price matched BB yesterday, but really wanted the bonus disc, so I also grabbed the standard Target blu and sat here looking at them trying to decide which to keep. Anyway, about 45 minutes ago, I walked to the back of Target at the exact moment an employee opened a box to restock 3D copies w/ bonus disc. So I grabbed one. Now I have to return the regular Target bluray. I already returned the BB 3D price match. So now I got the whole set for $18.99 (Target Red Card 5% discount), so I am beyond happy. The restock was in Boynton Beach, FL, btw.[/QUOTE]

Called my local Targets after reading your post. One was still sold out but the other had them in stock! I asked the guy how many they had because I didn't want them to sell out while I was heading over there but the guy just said "enough." Figured that meant they had a good amount so I head over and got a little worried because I still did not see any at all on display and I could overhear this one guy say to his wife that he just had the 4 disc version in his hands and put it down and now he can't find it. Luckily, they had a box full of them at the register and what looked like another full box underneath. This was at Rego Park, NY (Queens Place Mall) btw if anyone around there is still looking. The one at Flushing, NY said they were sold out.

[quote name='samusaran226']because I still did not see any at all on display and I could overhear this one guy say to his wife that he just had the 4 disc version in his hands and put it down and now he can't find it.[/QUOTE]

I bet you got pretty nervous, haha

I stopped by one of my local Targets earlier and it was out, they restocked during the day and I was able to get a copy for $20. The online status even updated correctly.

[quote name='tyron3biggum5']I've noticed that on Disney releases in particular Target & Best Buy at least have stickers over the "generic" sku for each item.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Target.com's stock locator is not reliable.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to both of you guys for the advice. I did pull off the swap though, without any problems. They had plenty in stock (in Burbank, CA), and they just gave me $20 in store credit to make the exchange. Strangely enough though, they did cut open the blu-ray I was returning to check on the discs first. They said some people were resealing empty cases at home and returning them. :shock: Now that's messed up.

[quote name='fuze9']Thanks to both of you guys for the advice. I did pull off the swap though, without any problems. They had plenty in stock (in Burbank, CA), and they just gave me $20 in store credit to make the exchange. Strangely enough though, they did cut open the blu-ray I was returning to check on the discs first. They said some people were resealing empty cases at home and returning them. :shock: Now that's messed up.[/QUOTE]

They do the same thing at Toys R Us now. I saw the girl at customer service open up a sealed copy of a game I was returning and asked her if they often got empty cases returned and she said I'd be surprised what people try to get away with lol.

Just wondering where you are looking for the online status? All I see is that it is out and not available.

[quote name='fuze9']Thanks to both of you guys for the advice. I did pull off the swap though, without any problems. They had plenty in stock (in Burbank, CA), and they just gave me $20 in store credit to make the exchange. Strangely enough though, they did cut open the blu-ray I was returning to check on the discs first. They said some people were resealing empty cases at home and returning them. :shock: Now that's messed up.[/QUOTE]

In all honesty they can't deny a return even if they do cut open a box with no dvd in it.

I can't tell you how many sealed DVD's that I had found when I worked at Target that had no DVD in them but were perfectly sealed, coming straight from the back room.

For those who can't get the 3d blu this week, target is offering rain checks for the 3d blu at 19.99, i picked up a raincheck at one and the 3d blu with bonus at another target. Rain Check good for 60 days

[quote name='sendme']Just wondering where you are looking for the online status? All I see is that it is out and not available.[/QUOTE]

I decided to check on the non-exclusive 4-disc version and that was accurate for my store:

http://m.target.com/p/marvel-s-the-...s-digital-copy-3d-2d-blu-ray-dvd/-/A-14178666

It showed as OOS the first day, then went to in-stock the next morning. I got there around noon to find nothing on the shelves so I asked the electronics guy if he got any in yet; he pulled out a freshly-opened box (20?) and sold one to me. Bonus disc included.

picked up my copy last night, my store had a ton of them, both out on the shelf, and in a restocking cart. store is oxford valley, PA

great price, thanks op.

So what is on this bonus disc? The packaging is horrible - I may have to throw the digital disc out and store the extra blu-ray there.

[quote name='Javery']So what is on this bonus disc? The packaging is horrible - I may have to throw the digital disc out and store the extra blu-ray there.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the deleted nude scenes of Blackwidow? :lol:

That would be cool, but from Targets website that bonus disc has the following: Target Exclusive Bonus Disc – Building a Dream: Assembling the Avengers
This 90-minute feature will show how the films IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, IRON MAN 2, THOR, and CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER were conceived and led to the greatest super hero team ever assembled on screen – THE AVENGERS. :)

[quote name='cagfansub']Maybe the deleted nude scenes of Blackwidow? :lol:[/QUOTE]

:drool:

[quote name='gjaurigu']That would be cool, but from Targets website that bonus disc has the following: Target Exclusive Bonus Disc – Building a Dream: Assembling the Avengers

This 90-minute feature will show how the films IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, IRON MAN 2, THOR, and CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER were conceived and led to the greatest super hero team ever assembled on screen – THE AVENGERS. :)[/QUOTE]

LOL - that tells us exactly nothing!

Some additional information about that 90-min Target exclusive DVD:
Join stars Robert Downey Jr., Sam Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Cobie Smulders, and Tom Hiddleston as they rehearse for the drama and train for all the action! Go back in time and watch the stars become these iconic heroes. Including exclusive interviews with Cast, Directors, Producers, Visual Developers, and Comic Book creators, audiences will witness how Marvel’s rich heritage in the comics was brought to life in the movies. We will also see the growth of Marvel’s massive fan base, from local comic shops, through their first appearances at Comic Con, to the phenomenon of THE AVENGERS today

So I got in on this Target deal a bit late.

I called 3 Target stores around 8:45 in the morning just before store opening and one of the stores had just gotten some in stock.

Girl first told me they didn't have any in stock from yesterday, but when I ask to check if you they got new shipments in, she said she'll check, and a minute later apologized and said they did get some in.

I asked how many did they get, and she yelled over to some guy and I could hear in the background him saying they got in 25 and had only sold 1 this morning. So they still had 24 in stock.

So I took my time, made toast and coffee, and got dressed and left 45 minutes later.

By the time I got there which was about an hour since I placed the call, there were only 2 in stock!!! Both happen to have really worn out slip covers too!

I ended up buying the better of the two, and the moment I placed the other Blu-ray down, the dude behind me snatched it up as if it was a $900 50" HDTV on a Black Friday sale!

This was the Target at Summit-Fontana, CA. Now all sold out in basically an hour.

They had 25 by 8:30 am in the morning and now 0 before it was even 10:00 am.

There were a LOT in the Bozeman, MT Target this afternoon. At least 30 copies and I saw a box near the rack they were on that could be even more. A lot of things in the sales flyer were being restocked when I was there so there is a chance that other stores are getting a second 'wave' of these today.

Interestingly they were not stock near the DVD and 2D BD versions. They were around the corner and facing the electronics section where the other versions were on a much smaller rack facing the HABA (Health And Beauty Accessories) section.

Good Luck To Everyone Trying To Get A Copy!

Used the stock checker from a few pages back and it worked for me. In stock at the Target close to my work in Las Vegas. Got there during lunch and in the movie section there were about 9 copies left...all with crappy dented slip covers! I hate that! I took the nicest one I could find out of the bunch. I kinda liked the slip cover from Walmart better since it's lenticular.

Should get on this soon if you can for $19.99, according to the guy in electronics the price will probably change to something higher by the end of this weekend. Unless you got a rain check from them which will give you the $19.99 price for 60 days. There's no guarantee that the next bunch of Avengers 4-disc sets will come with the bonus Target blu ray disc either.

There are plenty of these in Target and they've restock with couple of hundreds by today in my store. So, I don't think we need to rush out and grab it so quickly. Something telling me that they'll probably extend the $19.99 price till next week.

I too got BB to price match mine. I called the Reward Zone Silver hotline and told them I found it $10 cheaper at Target. The agent was going to transfer me to the online orders agent to credit my credit card but then just asked if I wanted a $10 reward zone certificate (in the form of 500 points) added to my account. I just took that option since I have a few more games I want to pre-order and will use the points then. Took all of about 4 minutes to do. The agent didn't even call the store

[quote name='cagfansub']There are plenty of these in Target and they've restock with couple of hundreds by today in my store. So, I don't think we need to rush out and grab it so quickly. Something telling me that they'll probably extend the $19.99 price till next week.[/QUOTE]
Actually they likely won't.

In fact that exclusive Target Bonus Discs won't be included in within the next batch of Avengers 3D shipments within in the next couple of weeks. It will just be the standard edition like everywhere else. That's what they've done to their past exclusives.

Thank goodness Amazon price matched this, as it made it an easy Best Buy price match without all of that "Target Exclusive" writing. Don't mind the Target exclusive disk. That'll be on YouTube soon enough. Good deal for those with Reward Zone certificates/Best Buy game trade in credit.

[quote name='rexflexall']Used the stock checker from a few pages back and it worked for me. In stock at the Target close to my work in Las Vegas. Got there during lunch and in the movie section there were about 9 copies left...all with crappy dented slip covers! I hate that! I took the nicest one I could find out of the bunch. I kinda liked the slip cover from Walmart better since it's lenticular.

Should get on this soon if you can for $19.99, according to the guy in electronics the price will probably change to something higher by the end of this weekend. Unless you got a rain check from them which will give you the $19.99 price for 60 days. There's no guarantee that the next bunch of Avengers 4-disc sets will come with the bonus Target blu ray disc either.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I can confirm at my Target at least that underneath the $19.99 price tag there was a sticker for next week saying it will be $29.99 for the 3D set. So, better get your copies now if you can!

[quote name='HanawayCoca']Actually they likely won't.

In fact that exclusive Target Bonus Discs won't be included in within the next batch of Avengers 3D shipments within in the next couple of weeks. It will just be the standard edition like everywhere else. That's what they've done to their past exclusives.[/QUOTE]
It's pretty much confirmed that next week will be back up to $29.99 again (the whole $19.99 sale was because Target made an error in the 1st place, and of course other retailers like Amazon had to match it or lose some of their business to Target).

As for the Exclusive Blu-ray Disc that Target always offers, that one won't last long either.

I've been buying a lot of my Blu-ray seasons at Target for their Exclusive Disc, from The Office to Heroes to now.

Those Exclusive Discs are very LIMITED, more so than any "Limited Edition" sets out there and they usually last about 3 or 5 weeks of printing (depending on the title) before they won't make them no more and just ship the standard version.

Some lasts longer, others don't.

The Bambi set with Target Exclusive Disc is a good example. That one didn't last long.

I remember when Heroes Season 1 came out and Target had the bonus 8th disc, that one sold out fast! It took only 2 weeks before Target started shipping out the standard sets without the 8th disc anymore. I was lucky enough to find one, 2 weeks after relese, while sorting out through the standard sets.

[quote name='Kerig']I decided to check on the non-exclusive 4-disc version and that was accurate for my store:

http://m.target.com/p/marvel-s-the-...s-digital-copy-3d-2d-blu-ray-dvd/-/A-14178666

It showed as OOS the first day, then went to in-stock the next morning. I got there around noon to find nothing on the shelves so I asked the electronics guy if he got any in yet; he pulled out a freshly-opened box (20?) and sold one to me. Bonus disc included.[/QUOTE]

I hope it is right. It shows 2 in my area with them. I will have to check again after work.

We got about 90 copies yesterday and we already sold out. Now what sucks is that whoever received the boxes messed up the count. We have more of the 2D one than it says so i let a manager know about it cause i dont think we want about 50-60 angry guests asking about it when we dont have it.

did you really get 90 copies in? i called a store 30 minutes away and a girl picked up saying they had it in stock. when i asked if she could put one on hold for me, she said they had more than 100, so i headed up there ready to be disappointed thinking she probably mistaken the bluray + dvd combo for the 3d bundle. fortunately, they had 2 left.

after 2 days of going to 4 different targets, i finally found one yesterday but had to drive 30 minutes to get it. ohh wells, i'm happy. i just wish the slipcover wasn't so messed up. those plastic security boxes target uses really screw up slipcovers.

I drove to 4 different targets in the I.E. without success. So I just had BB price match and used a $5 RC to get it for $14.99.

Wow, I didn't realize how difficult it is to get a copy. The Super Target I went to today had a lot of copies left. They had some sign about there is no 2 disc dvd+blu-ray copy so they put the 4 disc set on sale for $19.99 instead.

i went to BB and asked if they would match the price of Target, Amaxon for this. took a while and they looked online said it was $24.99..i passed said i would get it online at AM. and use my BB reservation dep on Cinderella next wk

[quote name='crow3232']i went to BB and asked if they would match the price of Target, Amaxon for this. took a while and they looked online said it was $24.99..i passed said i would get it online at AM. and use my BB reservation dep on Cinderella next wk[/QUOTE]

Huh? It's $19.99 on Amazon and Target.com.

With so many more Best Buys price matching Amazon, I'd think it'd be an easy match.

Picked up a Target exclusive 3D this morning fresh out of the shipment box so no damage to the slipcase. To those who asked, the bonus disc is in a cardboard sleeve like previous Target bonus disc releases, however it is under the plastic shrinkwrap seal unlike previous releases where they were just glued to the shrinkwrap with a dot of sticky goo glue to prevent people from just pulling them off.

From the tracker someone posted it looks like most in my area still have it. Going to go and check now.

bread's done
Back