Avoid This Game At All Costs

TheTrueSephiroth

CAGiversary!
Tecmo: Secret of the Stars for the SNES is one of the worst rpgs...no worst games, that I've ever played through to the end. The story is so uninspiring , that characters have no personality, and the battles look really cheezy. I just happened to be looking through my games the other day when I spotted this garbage. For the love of god don't play it.

A game you should avoid at all costs is Rise 2:Ressurection for the PS1 and PC. It's a very very very slow 2.5d fighting game that is so bad that you can't even laugh at it. It's the worst game i've ever played in my life.

E.T. The Extra Terrestrial for the Atari 2600 is the worst game ever made. (I had two copies...now I only have one.)

[quote name='TheTrueSephiroth']Tecmo: Secret of the Stars for the SNES is one of the worst rpgs...no worst games, that I've ever played through to the end. The story is so uninspiring , that characters have no personality, and the battles look really cheezy. I just happened to be looking through my games the other day when I spotted this garbage. For the love of god don't play it.[/QUOTE]

Good game at the time. It was the first RPG I played that had two partys at one time. Fun game but I did get lost a bunch of times.

[quote name='Rig']E.T. The Extra Terrestrial for the Atari 2600 is the worst game ever made. (I had two copies...now I only have one.)[/QUOTE] Please tell me one copy was to smash and the other was to piss of unsuspecting people into playing that horrible game. :lol:

ET is a good game. It has much more of a point to it than many other Atari games. People only give it a bad rap because it was overhyped and over produced.

[quote name='TheTrueSephiroth']Tecmo: Secret of the Stars for the SNES is one of the worst rpgs...no worst games, that I've ever played through to the end. The story is so uninspiring , that characters have no personality, and the battles look really cheezy. I just happened to be looking through my games the other day when I spotted this garbage. For the love of god don't play it.[/QUOTE]

sell it to me for a penny :) i though this was a good rpg i liked it back in the day

its really easy to look back 20+ years and say et sucks, but have you played any freakin atari games? sure, et is not the best, but couldnt one argue that its just an "enhanced" version of adventure? and adventure freaking ruled! no one was messing with that dot!

[quote name='Parathod']A game you should avoid at all costs is Rise 2:Ressurection for the PS1 and PC. It's a very very very slow 2.5d fighting game that is so bad that you can't even laugh at it. It's the worst game i've ever played in my life.[/QUOTE]

You'll love Rise of the Robots, the vastly inferior prequel!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']You'll love Rise of the Robots, the vastly inferior prequel![/QUOTE]

I remember when this game came out, people were really going ape-shit over the graphics. Too bad the game was horrible.

[quote name='punqsux']i dont remember that mr. u

the characters were insanely small in proportion to the screen, thats what i remember.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm thinking of something else. Is Rise of Robots the game where the characters are kinda 3d models and they all look shiny/liquidy?

EDIT, yup, that's the game. I know they may not have pulled off the graphics very well, but I thought that was the 'selling point' of the game.

E.T. for the 2600 will always be the worst game of all time...it takes something monumentally bad to manage to bring down the entire videogame industry (well, it's a bit more complicated than that, but still).

I have to toss out a nomination for Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, though. That "game" (or rather, semi-working thing in which you slide a truck around a landscape with no competition or laws of physics) is just mind-boggling.

[quote name='punqsux']its really easy to look back 20+ years and say et sucks, but have you played any freakin atari games? sure, et is not the best, but couldnt one argue that its just an "enhanced" version of adventure? and adventure freaking ruled! no one was messing with that dot![/QUOTE]

yeah but ET really was horrid for it's time. I remember when I got it and it was almost impossible to figure out what the hell was going on or what to do. Once you fell into one of thos pits it was almost impossible to get out. Holy crap that was an awful game. There were tons of other crappy games but none quite as anticipated as ET was which is why everyone points to it as the worst game of all time. Adventure was brilliant.

[quote name='Dazz']Avoid Defcon 5 for PSone at all cost[/QUOTE]

I remember this game. I can't remember if I rented it or owned it. I didn't think it was bad, just very very different. So different that the devs had to release their own FAQ/tip sheet. It seems to me that once you figured out how to play, you could restart the game and beat it in under 30 minutes.

-Space Ace (SNES) - At the beginning, you have to dodge lasers or something. I spent 20 minutes trying to dodge those fucking things and I never got past it. Half an hour later I was at Gamestop exchanging it for something else (this was back when Gamestop still sold classic games).

-Alien Vs. Predator (SNES) - Very generic and boring beat 'em up. Only the boss battles present anything close to a challenge. I got to the third level and switched to something else out of complete boredom.

-Hard Drivin' - Good thing Gran Turismo came along and took the title of "The Ultimate Driving Simulator" because Hard Drivin' definitely wasn't worthy of it. The arcade version had the steering wheel going for it back in the day, but so many driving titles have came along and made it obsolete. The home console versions were never fun to begin with.

-Radical Psycho Machine (RPM) Racing (SNES) - Interplay greatly improved upon the engine with Rock N' Roll Racing, so do yourself a favor and get that instead.

As for current-gen:

Top Gear Daredevil (PS2) - The cars are slow and the controls leave a lot to be desired. The entire game consists of going around different cities collecting coins in a set limit of time - not that impressive considering how many games out there have deeper minigames. Kemco, why did you put the Top Gear name on this turd?

Showdown: Legends Of Wrestling (PS2, Xbox) - Any pity you may feel for Acclaim going out of business will most likely be extinguished after the game freezes on you for the umpteenth time.

[quote name='urzishra14']hmm.. i want to say Lord of the Rings the fellowship of the Rings for SNES.. worst game i ever played[/QUOTE]

i envy you, because that is a mediocre game at worst. totally playable and enjoyable i thought.

[quote name='Parathod']A game you should avoid at all costs is Rise 2:Ressurection for the PS1 and PC. It's a very very very slow 2.5d fighting game that is so bad that you can't even laugh at it. It's the worst game i've ever played in my life.[/QUOTE]

Well, Rise 2: Resurrection is also on the Sega Saturn. I'm glad, I never bought that game!...:D

[quote name='punqsux']i envy you, because that is a mediocre game at worst. totally playable and enjoyable i thought.[/QUOTE]

it was playable.. but i didn't find much enjoyment out of it and being spoiled with really great RPGs for my SNES it just wasn't really an option to play through a game that wasn't on par with Sqaure's amazing games of the generation.

If anyone wants to experience this masterpiece first-hand, I have a copy available in my trade list. :mrgreen:

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Well, Rise 2: Resurrection is also on the Sega Saturn. I'm glad, I never bought that game!...:D[/QUOTE]

I payed $60 (PS games started at $60) for it back in 95/96. I've never made a whim decision on a game since then. I even turned down a lot of games at the Circuit City $5 sale.

[quote name='urzishra14']it was playable.. but i didn't find much enjoyment out of it and being spoiled with really great RPGs for my SNES it just wasn't really an option to play through a game that wasn't on par with Sqaure's amazing games of the generation.[/QUOTE]

oh i totally agree, it cannot even be compared to the games that were comming out around the same time, but if you play it for what it is, youll get a totally average adventure game with a lotr setting.

[quote name='punqsux']its really easy to look back 20+ years and say et sucks, but have you played any freakin atari games? sure, et is not the best, but couldnt one argue that its just an "enhanced" version of adventure? and adventure freaking ruled! no one was messing with that dot![/QUOTE]

Ahhh, yes. In my youth I played Adventure more than I play some current gen games. I remember how excited I was when I found out about the "secret" room.

Been hanging out for a while, reading and picking up some nifty info, but this thread finally compelled me to register so I could post.

Say what you want about bad games; I think I can top all of the suggestions so far:

The worst game ever published, I do believe, was Double Dragon 5 for the Genesis. Made even Rise of the Robots and K1 Arena positively engrossing......

Duke

One of my programming professors worked for Atari when they released ET. He said that the game sold so poorly that they buried nearly 5 million of the cartridges in a landfill. I think that says alot.

[quote name='red flare graf']One of my programming professors worked for Atari when they released ET. He said that the game sold so poorly that they buried nearly 5 million of the cartridges in a landfill. I think that says alot.[/QUOTE]

Its still really a rumor. To this day none of the 5 Million cartridges have ever surfaced, and I'm sure people have looked (Rumor is they were bulldozed and cement poured over them as well).

The lion king on the snes made me tear up and cry when I was a child. I begged blockbuster to exchange it with another rental - but alas - it was too late. Worst heart breaking game ever.

lol, I had fogotten about that game. I saw some ads for it, and really liked the robots and loved any and all fighting games, so I bought it for my Saturn. Gawd that game sucked!

[quote name='SkyGheNe']The lion king on the snes made me tear up and cry when I was a child. I begged blockbuster to exchange it with another rental - but alas - it was too late. Worst heart breaking game ever.[/QUOTE]

if this is the same one that was on the genesis, i loved the genesis version....id still play it to this day if i still had it :cry:

THE worst game ever= FIGHT FOR LIFE for the Atari Jaguar. a real Virtua Fighter rip-off. It makes the game STREET FIGHTER:THE MOVIE look like a fucking masterpiece!

[quote name='crickett003']THE worst game ever= FIGHT FOR LIFE for the Atari Jaguar. a real Virtua Fighter rip-off. It makes the game STREET FIGHTER:THE MOVIE look like a fucking masterpiece![/QUOTE]

Wasn't that game cancelled?

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Wasn't that game cancelled?[/QUOTE]
No sir.

It was the last game ever officially released for the Jag (not counting the telegames/songbird/indy releases).

One of the worst games I've ever played was some fighting game for the 3DO. I forget the name of it though. The only redeeming factor was the White Zombie soundtrack.

[quote name='Backlash']One of the worst games I've ever played was some fighting game for the 3DO. I forget the name of it though. The only redeeming factor was the White Zombie soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

Way of the Warrior

Featuring a bunch of live-action-sprite chubby guys picked off of the street with sunglasses on. Ugh.

bread's done
Back