Awesome 24pk (CAG) DS card case $9.67 with 12% off coupon at PenguinUnited

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
UPDATE: CAG case now in-stock
Use coupon code: cagexclusive

For those of you who haven't visited, PenguinUnited carries some pretty spiffy accessories. Well, I assume they're spiffy, I've only ordered their 24 pk DS card pouch...

Fellow CAGer dyreschlock posted a nice review of the case with some good pics:
http://www.theschlock.com/blog/?p=123

And fellow CAGer Strell has nice things to say about it...
[quote name='Strell']Indeed. This thing works very nicely, I must say. I'd venture to say it holds them a little too snugly, but that's being overly picky.

The only complaint I have is that the back most page is oriented differently, but this is like complaining "the fourth apple I got had a stem on it, and the others didn't."

It really is a nice little case. Zips shut, holds 24 games in a small space, looks stylish, and has a cute little penguin logo that my gf likes. I might get 2 more at some point (yes, I am a nerd with that many games).

Anyway, really recommend it if you can pay a slight premium on something like a games case.[/quote]
I'm not sure what he's talking about the back page... both of the ones I ordered were fine.

Anywhoo, onto the deal. I finally broke down and ordered a pair of these the other day (after failing to find a coupon anywhere). Once I received them in the mail, I immedatly noticed that they were very high quality. I posted on another forum about them and shot an e-mail off to the nice folks at PenguinUnited.com thanking them for the awesome merchandise, mentioning my SPAM post and asking if they had a coupon code they'd like me to hand out as well.

They hooked me up with the coupon code: 'thankyoufrompenguin'. It gives you 12% off your order (pre-shipping). These cases are a deal at $10 and a steal at $8.80.

[quote name='super_nerd']Your advertising has paid off. I PM'ed the guy from PU and he replied back today saying that he will most likely order more cases because of the demand and other CAGs PM'ing him as well. Woot![/quote]

Geeze,
this is what I get for staying at the trading forums for most of my time...
I just found this out...

Like so many others - I would have ordered already if they had some instock!

Hopefully we'll see that 'add to cart' button sometime soon!! :).

As of this post, there's a total of a MINIMUM of 47 cases asked for.

Personally I would love to see a darker color (blue or black), but the too-light gray would be acceptable.

I suppose I'll partake of the best. case. ever.

+1 = 48 total requested from CAG.

Methinks Cheapy should just request a custom-made order with them for 100 and add them to the CAGStore. Maybe then I'd finally break down and buy a CAGshirt, too.

I got a gray one of these about a week ago, love it! Would order 1 more, maybe 2. I've also told several friends about these, and I know they would order 1 or 2 a piece.

[quote name='dmunkee']Awesome news! I'll definitely be waiting to order more. Any word on when by chance?[/quote]

He didn't say when, just said he would keep us updated.

I just got my red one, and I love how remarkably compact it is for the amount of games it holds. My only complaint is that it isn't pocketable, but that's not something you should expect out of something of this capacity. I use a Case Logic six memory card zippered case for pocket storage. This is a much better way to store a large amount of games in a backpack or something, instead of numerous smaller cases. It's about an inch less wide, and inch taller and just a tiny bit thicker than the regular DS clamshell case. (I didn't use a ruler; just eye-balled it.) The case also has a little loop inside to store an extra stylus. The spacing of the slots is just perfect so that there's no trouble inserting or removing games due to being too close, and the actual pockets themselves aren't too tight nor too loose. The pockets are also just deep enough to leave the beveled edge above the "sticker hole" of the DS cart available to be pulled out by a fingernail.

As for potential improvements, I'd say perhaps add a carabiner clip. I'm also game for a CAG-exclusive design. Perhaps Cheapy could front for a CAG embossed logo along with the Penguin and a green edging.

I'd be down for another pair.

Ask 'em if they'll make a special edition CAG Green Case.

And a special edition "Strell is awesome" navy case.

I'd buy 'em. You'd buy 'em. And I'd buy 'em for your mom.

[quote name='linkpwns']How long was the average delivery for you guys? I mean, I ordered on Wednesday and didn't get it yet...[/quote]

I ordered mine last Wednesday as well (the 15th) sometime around 11:00 PM and got mine in today :D:applause:. But, to be fair, their shipping location is like 40 minutes away from where I live.

The case itself though is very lovely. I got myself a red one (well, the only color they had left) which really wasn't too flashy for those of you who might have thought that it was, and the design is extremely clean and functional (clean meaning like elegant or, I dunno,... like the iPod design for DS cases?). My product turned out fine, with not having any zipper issues, so the previous poster might have turned out to have recieved himself a dud :cry:. And well, I really dunno what else to say except to thank the people at PenguinUnited for making this and for y'all raising my awareness of this product.

If more do turn out to be made, I would love to purchase some more of these as gifts for my friends, and maybe my cousins (who swear by those 3x1, 3 pack plastic cases). Oh, and more probably means more along the lines of two. I'm cheap cause I'm poor guys, or, at least saving the bulk of my savings for college.

[quote name='Kerig']As of this post, there's a total of a MINIMUM of 47 cases asked for.

Personally I would love to see a darker color (blue or black), but the too-light gray would be acceptable.

I suppose I'll partake of the best. case. ever.

+1 = 48 total requested from CAG.

Methinks Cheapy should just request a custom-made order with them for 100 and add them to the CAGStore. Maybe then I'd finally break down and buy a CAGshirt, too. [/QUOTE]

An exclusive green CAG case would be bad ass

I also second the vote for different color variations such as blue and black

[quote name='Strell']Ask 'em if they'll make a special edition CAG Green Case.

And a special edition "Strell is awesome" navy case.

I'd buy 'em. You'd buy 'em. And I'd buy 'em for your mom.[/quote]

You and moms....>.>

I bought one red and one gray already. They are better than I imagined since they turned out to be so small!

Count me in for a CAG-is-awesome green case! I'm gonna run out in a while and if you guys aren't gonna be around then I'd better stock up! :D

Also, please consider a GBA cart case. I've got a few of those that need a home...

Just recieved the one I ordered today, great case. The problem is I should have ordered more.

If they do make more, I'm in for three. 1 more red and 2 grey.

Possibly more, they'd make great gifts for a friends kids.....

I'd buy 1 of them. I'd prefer a darker color like a black trim, but either of the current colors right now would suffice.

I purchased and got mine last week. It's definitely a great case. I don't have that many DS games, so I also put my SD cards in there.
For those of us that don't have that many games, a case like this that holds 16 cards would decrease the size by around 30%, which would make it that much more portable.

I would take two gray. I had my finger hovering over the link to place the order last week, had second thoughts because my finances are tight, and now I hear this... ;-; This is probably the only storage solution for DS games I would ever buy. Nothing else on the market does it for me.

How's that for an incentive? Make more or my DS games go without storage =P

I got two thinking they would hold all my games (I didn't count them up.) Guess I had more DS games than I realized because I filled both cases exactly.

I'd like to buy another as these are very convenient for organizing my DS games -or- I could just sell a few DS games to make room for new ones : (

I highly recommend these to help organize a DS game collection if they become available again.

Wow, didnt know the 24pack was a must need.

I was to first the receive the 24 card case from PU and the first to review it (http://reviews.dcemu.co.uk/review-penguin-united-ds-game-card-collection-pouch-52020.html). Strell saw that I reviewed it and was interested in the case. Since I didnt need it, I sold it to Strell and from there, it was history! It started to spread like wild fire.

I'm going to talk to Richard from PU and see if we can set something up. But in the mean time, Richard gave me this code back in April. I'm not sure if the code still works but its Penguinunitedcustomersarehot.

Wow, didnt know the 24pack was a must need.

I was to first the receive the 24 card case from PU and the first to review it (http://reviews.dcemu.co.uk/review-penguin-united-ds-game-card-collection-pouch-52020.html). Strell saw that I reviewed it and was interested in the case. Since I didnt need it, I sold it to Strell and from there, it was history! It started to spread like wild fire.

I'm going to talk to Richard from PU and see if we can set something up.

[quote name='UncleBob']For those of you who haven't visited, PenguinUnited carries some pretty spiffy accessories. Well, I assume they're spiffy, I've only ordered their 24 pk DS card pouch...

http://www.penguinunited.com/proddetail.php?prod=PU012

Fellow CAGer dyreschlock posted a nice review of the case with some good pics:
http://www.theschlock.com/blog/?p=123

And fellow CAGer Strell has nice things to say about it...

I'm not sure what he's talking about the back page... both of the ones I ordered were fine.

Anywhoo, onto the deal. I finally broke down and ordered a pair of these the other day (after failing to find a coupon anywhere). Once I received them in the mail, I immedatly noticed that they were very high quality. I posted on another forum about them and shot an e-mail off to the nice folks at PenguinUnited.com thanking them for the awesome merchandise, mentioning my SPAM post and asking if they had a coupon code they'd like me to hand out as well.

They hooked me up with the coupon code: 'thankyoufrompenguin'. It gives you 12% off your order (pre-shipping). These cases are a deal at $10 and a steal at $8.80.[/QUOTE]
I actually had a coupon code on my site that they gave me since April. Dont know if it expired though.

Hi Guys this is Richard from Penguin United.

It is very exciting to receive so much feedback for this particular product. When we first developed this product, we thought this was a simple yet useful solution, and it was better than anything that’s out there. It is very exciting that fellow gamers feel the same way. We will resume production of this product for another small quantity– should take about 2-3 weeks to complete, and this time we will try to notify some of the gaming blogs/community about this product. Even if it doesn’t sell well, we cannot simply ignore all the email we have been receiving, that would just be wrong.

We really believe that as long as people are aware of this product, it will do well, as unlike a lot of accessories out there, this actually serve a good purpose at a fair price. Hopefully we would continue to receive support from the gaming community.

Any suggestion for improvement of this product would be seriously considered, thank you so much.

I have a small request - when the product does get released, how do we get posted on the front page for CAGS? on the "DEALS" section? Thanks.

Ps. Hi Bandit how is it going? thank you for all the reviews you have done for us.

[quote name='wantfieldh']Hi Guys this is Richard from Penguin United.

It is very exciting to receive so much feedback for this particular product. When we first developed this product, we thought this was a simple yet useful solution, and it was better than anything that’s out there. It is very exciting that fellow gamers feel the same way. We will resume production of this product for another small quantity– should take about 2-3 weeks to complete, and this time we will try to notify some of the gaming blogs/community about this product. Even if it doesn’t sell well, we cannot simply ignore all the email we have been receiving, that would just be wrong.

We really believe that as long as people are aware of this product, it will do well, as unlike a lot of accessories out there, this actually serve a good purpose at a fair price. Hopefully we would continue to receive support from the gaming community.

Any suggestion for improvement of this product would be seriously considered, thank you so much.

I have a small request - when the product does get released, how do we get posted on the front page for CAGS? on the "DEALS" section? Thanks.

Ps. Hi Bandit how is it going? thank you for all the reviews you have done for us.[/quote]

AWESOME! By the way, have you checked out this thread regarding the PU DS Cases? --> http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141510

We threw in some suggestions for the cases as well on Page 2 of that thread.

Great to hear they're making a comeback :)

Hi Guys this is Richard from Penguin United.

Any suggestion for improvement of this product would be seriously considered, thank you so much. So far I have heard chaging the color to blue/black? also, it would not be impossible for us to develope a green special edition for CAGS, of course we would need approval from owner(s) of this site. These were produced on very limited production - as it was not orginally intended to be a mass market product, instead it was intended to be samples for the larger retailers to consider. That however didn't work out so well. My point is, we could do some simple modifications to the cases without much problem, of course, each modifcation requires certain volumn, so we cannot go overboard and customize every case either.

Ps. Hi Bandit how is it going? thank you for all the reviews you have done for us.

I got my 2 red ones in the mail today. I was pleasantly surprised that the penguin logo is inset into the case itself - from the pics on the site I had
guessed that it might be one of those obnoxious sewn-on rubber things that so many companies like to use.

Ps. Hi Bandit how is it going? thank you for all the reviews you have done for us.[/QUOTE]
Hi Richard! Thank you for providing us with these great products. I'm just here to help spread the product to other gamers. When you have more in stock, email me or I'll just check on here and I'll post it on my site and another site to bring in traffic and sales!

Still awaiting news on that thing you mentioned to me about ;)

Hi Richard! Thank you for providing us with these great products. I'm just here to help spread the product to other gamers. When you have more in stock, email me or I'll just check on here and I'll post it on my site and another site to bring in traffic and sales!

Still awaiting news on that thing you mentioned to me about

[quote name='CheapyD']A green CAG case would be great. I can definitely post in on the front page when the cases are ready.[/quote]
I'm thinking they should put CAG next to the penguin with dark green trimming around the case :D

That would be pretty awesome

Yes, putting the letters "CAG" near the Penguin logo is a capital idea. The concept of a CAG-exclusive case is really exciting.

Ps. Hi Bandit how is it going? thank you for all the reviews you have done for us.[/quote] talk to cheapyD i believe...PM him.

If there were other colors besides red & grey, I'd grab one of each color, up to 4.

Then again, if there was a CAG-exclusive case w/CAG logo on it, I'd have to grab some multiples of that. :D

If you ever decide to stop producing the case, maybe consider making just the plastic game sleeves in a universal size to fit a random/popular/penguinunited day planner.

Like a 3 ring binder sort of deal. Similar to the card pages that card collectors use. That way you don't have to invest in making the whole thing, just supplying the pages to hold the games themselves. It might cut costs and that way people could make their case hold more then 24.

bread's done
Back