Awesome 24pk (CAG) DS card case $9.67 with 12% off coupon at PenguinUnited

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
UPDATE: CAG case now in-stock
Use coupon code: cagexclusive

For those of you who haven't visited, PenguinUnited carries some pretty spiffy accessories. Well, I assume they're spiffy, I've only ordered their 24 pk DS card pouch...

Fellow CAGer dyreschlock posted a nice review of the case with some good pics:
http://www.theschlock.com/blog/?p=123

And fellow CAGer Strell has nice things to say about it...
[quote name='Strell']Indeed. This thing works very nicely, I must say. I'd venture to say it holds them a little too snugly, but that's being overly picky.

The only complaint I have is that the back most page is oriented differently, but this is like complaining "the fourth apple I got had a stem on it, and the others didn't."

It really is a nice little case. Zips shut, holds 24 games in a small space, looks stylish, and has a cute little penguin logo that my gf likes. I might get 2 more at some point (yes, I am a nerd with that many games).

Anyway, really recommend it if you can pay a slight premium on something like a games case.[/quote]
I'm not sure what he's talking about the back page... both of the ones I ordered were fine.

Anywhoo, onto the deal. I finally broke down and ordered a pair of these the other day (after failing to find a coupon anywhere). Once I received them in the mail, I immedatly noticed that they were very high quality. I posted on another forum about them and shot an e-mail off to the nice folks at PenguinUnited.com thanking them for the awesome merchandise, mentioning my SPAM post and asking if they had a coupon code they'd like me to hand out as well.

They hooked me up with the coupon code: 'thankyoufrompenguin'. It gives you 12% off your order (pre-shipping). These cases are a deal at $10 and a steal at $8.80.

[quote name='wantfieldh']Hi Guys this is Richard from Penguin United.

It is very exciting to receive so much feedback for this particular product. When we first developed this product, we thought this was a simple yet useful solution, and it was better than anything that’s out there. It is very exciting that fellow gamers feel the same way. We will resume production of this product for another small quantity– should take about 2-3 weeks to complete, and this time we will try to notify some of the gaming blogs/community about this product. Even if it doesn’t sell well, we cannot simply ignore all the email we have been receiving, that would just be wrong.

We really believe that as long as people are aware of this product, it will do well, as unlike a lot of accessories out there, this actually serve a good purpose at a fair price. Hopefully we would continue to receive support from the gaming community.

Any suggestion for improvement of this product would be seriously considered, thank you so much.

I have a small request - when the product does get released, how do we get posted on the front page for CAGS? on the "DEALS" section? Thanks.

Ps. Hi Bandit how is it going? thank you for all the reviews you have done for us.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah! That's great news.

Are you guys going to be doing pre-orders?

Hey, a quick question - does anyone know how Penguin United's other products are? I'm particularly wondering about the ultra soft silicon jackets for the DS lite and figured someone on this forum has probably gotten one and could tell me if its as good as it looks. :)

Those jackets are worth it. Get it. At first it may seem like they won't hold on but they really friggin' do.

[quote name='DeltaG']Hey, a quick question - does anyone know how Penguin United's other products are? I'm particularly wondering about the ultra soft silicon jackets for the DS lite and figured someone on this forum has probably gotten one and could tell me if its as good as it looks. :)[/QUOTE]
I reviewed them along with a lot of other Penguin United products

http://reviews.dcemu.co.uk/review-penguin-united-silicon-jacket-lite--52049.html

I have some available. See my tradelist.

CAG Green case FTW! My original prediction may take a little longer than I thought, but I'm really excited to see that it will come to fruition.

PU Richard (lol?):, perhaps a pre-sell is in order?

I'd be more than willing to prepay for my CAG case today and wait the month it may take before seeing it. A prepaid preorder would give you a legitimate quantity to work off of, not to mention guaranteed up-front revenue. Something to the effect of preorder numbers + 20%-30% would be a minimum base to start at for figuring quantity to produce.

Of course, the main reason for my suggestion is so I don't miss out on the CAGCase if it sells out 3 hours after it's posted :oldman: (I can really see that happenening, no matter HOW many you make without preorders).

NoodlePirates innards suggestion is spot-on as well. I'm sure plenty of CAGs can find the perfect cheap binder/holder to put your sleeves in. Selling them down the line would be a good alternative if you don't continue production of the actual holders.

[quote name='Kerig']CAG Green case FTW! My original prediction may take a little longer than I thought, but I'm really excited to see that it will come to fruition.

PU Richard (lol?):, perhaps a pre-sell is in order?

I'd be more than willing to prepay for my CAG case today and wait the month it may take before seeing it. A prepaid preorder would give you a legitimate quantity to work off of, not to mention guaranteed up-front revenue. Something to the effect of preorder numbers + 20%-30% would be a minimum base to start at for figuring quantity to produce.

Of course, the main reason for my suggestion is so I don't miss out on the CAGCase if it sells out 3 hours after it's posted :oldman: (I can really see that happenening, no matter HOW many you make without preorders).[/quote]

I second the preorder suggestion - I'd be more than happy to pay up front for one, CAG-specific or not! Or is there anyway you could set up a mailing list to let everybody interested know when the cases are available?

[quote name='DeltaG']Is there anyway you could set up a mailing list to let everybody interested know when the cases are available?[/quote]

A mailing list would almost be completely moot for something like this since it'll more than likely be on the front page if they come through with the CAGCase. You don't check CAG every day??? :)

[quote name='CheapyD']The wheels are turning on the CAG case...I'm sure you'll be updated here soon.[/quote]

It's cheapy! Awesome news...as part of a promotion you should have wombat take a meatspin for every preorder/order:D

Oh man, I didn't realize everything that had been discussed so far, I thought we were SOL.

A CAG exclusive design? That would make me very very happy :)

[quote name='DeltaG']I second the preorder suggestion - I'd be more than happy to pay up front for one, CAG-specific or not! Or is there anyway you could set up a mailing list to let everybody interested know when the cases are available?[/quote]

I thought that this would be the best way of doing it, it is a lot more accurate to do it that way. I need 2 more of these things, but if they make a CAG exclusive, I will probably jump on 3, but DEFINATLY 2.

Damn, I mentioned that I was buying two already, right?

UPDATE...WE NEED AN UPDATE :(

It's been weeks and I haven't heard anything about any progress w/ the DS cases.

I don't want it to re-appear right after I reach my budget, which has happened oh so many times recently :bomb:

I would most definitely order another case, especially if it came in a darker color. The last one I ordered from PU just got filled to capacity from the TRU deal!

If they get these back in stock, I'd easily be down for at LEAST 1, probably 2.

And I'd HAPPILY pay up front for a CAG case, hell, I'd pay twice its original cost if I had to.

Cheapy! We need an update!

I know they are working on it...there will be a CAG case.
It might just have the letters CAG on it in green. I'm sure you'll get an update from the Penguin guys when they are ready to update you.

[quote name='CheapyD']I know they are working on it...there will be a CAG case.
It might just have the letters CAG on it in green. I'm sure you'll get an update from the Penguin guys when they are ready to update you.[/quote]

Chill...I was really curious on whether or not the CAG case idea would pass.

Would you happen to have any idea when they would update? days, weeks, months? o_O

Hopefully a pre-order or something is done, so the majority of us can get one without having to worry about a mad rush. I'm in for 2 and I got a buddy who may get 1

[quote name='yamas']I have their page as my home page so everyday I boot up firefox, I see if they are back in stock.[/quote]

Hot damn, that is a good idea, I'll be doing that from now on.

[quote name='Stoneage']It seems to me there's another company that should be making these.....Nin-ten something.[/quote]

Is it sad that I didn't get that for a long time? I kept thinking "nine... ten...?"

Also, I emailed the company a while ago to see if I could get a date on when they'll be available, and July 5 I got an email saying that they should be available "in a week or two." Richard also said that he'd notify CAG as soon as they're available, too. I think they're in production right now (or hopefully are on their way to PU HQ). I waaaant one! ...Or maybe two.

Yea I'm in for two. I'm continually collecting DS games for a DS system I don't have anymore :roll:

I wanna see what the CAG case looks like :D

Ok, I've set up both IE and FF to have the Case's description page as my home page, so I'm all set :)

Now, it's just the waiting game.

thats hardcore on the setting of the homepage and i think with the cag limited ones i think maybe a 1 per user limit maybe just so everyone that wants one can get one because i have found myself catching the end of every deal :(

[quote name='Animal7390']i have found myself catching the end of every deal :([/quote]

Same here...but this will be different! I will be all over the CAG case deal

And yes, the CAG case should be limited to 1 per person, just to be fair.

No, if they limited how many cases you could order, they'd limit the possibility of them selling the entire amount of cases. I'm sure we'll all get our cases...

[quote name='eastx']No, if they limited how many cases you could order, they'd limit the possibility of them selling the entire amount of cases. I'm sure we'll all get our cases...[/quote]
This is true. In that case They should make the limit 3 so people don't buy a ton and try to sell them for a premium when penguin ruins out.

I got one of these back in April and zipper is pooping out...the teeth don't line up anymore. I've emailed PU to excercise my warranty, but has anyone else had this experience with their case?

bread's done
Back