Awesome 24pk (CAG) DS card case $9.67 with 12% off coupon at PenguinUnited

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
UPDATE: CAG case now in-stock
Use coupon code: cagexclusive

For those of you who haven't visited, PenguinUnited carries some pretty spiffy accessories. Well, I assume they're spiffy, I've only ordered their 24 pk DS card pouch...

Fellow CAGer dyreschlock posted a nice review of the case with some good pics:
http://www.theschlock.com/blog/?p=123

And fellow CAGer Strell has nice things to say about it...
[quote name='Strell']Indeed. This thing works very nicely, I must say. I'd venture to say it holds them a little too snugly, but that's being overly picky.

The only complaint I have is that the back most page is oriented differently, but this is like complaining "the fourth apple I got had a stem on it, and the others didn't."

It really is a nice little case. Zips shut, holds 24 games in a small space, looks stylish, and has a cute little penguin logo that my gf likes. I might get 2 more at some point (yes, I am a nerd with that many games).

Anyway, really recommend it if you can pay a slight premium on something like a games case.[/quote]
I'm not sure what he's talking about the back page... both of the ones I ordered were fine.

Anywhoo, onto the deal. I finally broke down and ordered a pair of these the other day (after failing to find a coupon anywhere). Once I received them in the mail, I immedatly noticed that they were very high quality. I posted on another forum about them and shot an e-mail off to the nice folks at PenguinUnited.com thanking them for the awesome merchandise, mentioning my SPAM post and asking if they had a coupon code they'd like me to hand out as well.

They hooked me up with the coupon code: 'thankyoufrompenguin'. It gives you 12% off your order (pre-shipping). These cases are a deal at $10 and a steal at $8.80.

Hi Guys,

This is Richard from Penguin United. mm well there has been a little issue with our ecommerce website, the order tracking info has not be working correctly and we didn't want to fix it this week while these DS game cases are for sale.

Please rest assure however, that everything is shipped out next business day. If you use an E-Check from paypal, which takes 3-5 days to clear, than there will be a delay. Otherwise, if you got a confirmation email with order numnber,t han your item will be shipped next day.

A few change from the previous version of the gamecard pouch.

1) Exterior made of better material
2) More detailed craftsmanship, so you can look as closely as you want and you won't see anything wrong with it.
3) The inside game storage pages are made of different material. It is a lot more transparent than the last version. The small drawback is that when you use it for the first time, it will take a little effort to open up each of the pockets to put in the game. After you put in your game once, it won't have that problem anymore.

Well thanks for all the support. Looking forward to creating more innovative gaming gears. Thanks.

Richard

In for my one that I said I'd get way back when...I'm very happy to see that the stinky penguin logo is still on the case.

I'm curious to know how many are left now, (please don't do the 999 test without removing them from your cart after you're done, or it will be "sold out" again like what happened a few days ago).

Richard: Feel free to let us know when the stock reaches milestone quantities, less than 200 (probably already below that by now), 150, 100, 50, 20, 10, 5, 1 :) There's too many CAGs who like to wait until the last minute before buying, this will help push them to not miss out this time.

Richard, do you think I'll get my case by Saturday? I ordered it the minute the CAG cases went up for sale, and I chose the 1-2 day shipping option.

[quote name='hootie']Plus the CAG case is made of better materials than the older batchs (i.e yours).[/QUOTE]

Waaaaait. So I'd have to get one with the CAG mark? Or does this entire new batch have the better materials/build quality?

[quote name='hootie']I think it's the entire new batch, but I don't think Richard has specified whether or not that's true.[/QUOTE]

I hope we get a response before they sell out. As much as I love CAG...I don't love that CAG mark :(

[quote name='wantfieldh']Hi Guys,

This is Richard from Penguin United. mm well there has been a little issue with our ecommerce website, the order tracking info has not be working correctly and we didn't want to fix it this week while these DS game cases are for sale.

Please rest assure however, that everything is shipped out next business day. If you use an E-Check from paypal, which takes 3-5 days to clear, than there will be a delay. Otherwise, if you got a confirmation email with order numnber,t han your item will be shipped next day.

A few change from the previous version of the gamecard pouch.

1) Exterior made of better material
2) More detailed craftsmanship, so you can look as closely as you want and you won't see anything wrong with it.
3) The inside game storage pages are made of different material. It is a lot more transparent than the last version. The small drawback is that when you use it for the first time, it will take a little effort to open up each of the pockets to put in the game. After you put in your game once, it won't have that problem anymore.

Well thanks for all the support. Looking forward to creating more innovative gaming gears. Thanks.

Richard[/quote]

I love it when the owners give us updates :)

Thanks for the info!

Nice looking cases. If I were in need of one, I'd buy.

I have to admit something though... since the first Penguin United stuff was talked about on CAG, I never made the connection between the name of the site and the PU Penguin on all the stuff. I only *just this moment* figured out why that penguin is on everything. One of my better moments of brilliance. :lol: :roll:

Just got mines today.

Theres one problem, I ordered the none CAG one and got a CAG one, but I am too lazy to return it and go through th process. The pockets are kinda frustarting to open, but after that all in all this product is excellent. It's a sexy display

Wait so If I got an order email, but no shipping email, thats fine? I will still get it soon? I did the 1-2 day thing and shipped it when it was avaliable.

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']Just got mines today.

Theres one problem, I ordered the none CAG one and got a CAG one, but I am too lazy to return it and go through th process. The pockets are kinda frustarting to open, but after that all in all this product is excellent. It's a sexy display[/QUOTE]

Same issue here. I order 4 non-CAG cases and 2 of them were CAGs. I haven't yet decided whether I want to deal with the process of returning them, but it's frustrating nonetheless.

That issue aside, cases seem well made and a good value for the price.

[quote name='ep2011']Wait so If I got an order email, but no shipping email, thats fine? I will still get it soon? I did the 1-2 day thing and shipped it when it was avaliable.[/QUOTE]

hmm I never got a shipping email either, and it's been nearly 3 days since I placed the order
-----------------

We will be in touch as soon as possible about your order, the details of which are as follows:

[my details]

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.........

[quote name='ITDEFX']hmm I never got a shipping email either, and it's been nearly 3 days since I placed the order
-----------------

We will be in touch as soon as possible about your order, the details of which are as follows:

[my details]

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.........[/QUOTE]

Same here; I got the confirmation email saying my order was received, but I've yet to receive shipment confirmation.

Hey guys. This is Richard from Penguin. Well its a little embarrasing, but our tracking system hasn't work since we updated for the current version of the shopping cart. We didn't want to fix it in the middle of our Ds game card case release, so we are sorry that we couldn't provide some type of tracking. Almost everyone's shipment are shipped via USPS, so there won't be any real tracking number anyways, just an order receipt confirmation number.

Sorry for the trouble.

Richard

[quote name='wantfieldh']Hey guys. This is Richard from Penguin. Well its a little embarrasing, but our tracking system hasn't work since we updated for the current version of the shopping cart. We didn't want to fix it in the middle of our Ds game card case release, so we are sorry that we couldn't provide some type of tracking. Almost everyone's shipment are shipped via USPS, so there won't be any real tracking number anyways, just an order receipt confirmation number.

Sorry for the trouble.

Richard[/quote]

Thanks a ton Richard. It's no trouble, just making sure others have experienced the same. 'Doh! I should of read a few posts above when you said the same thing. It shouldn't be embarrising, every new software upgrade has some kinks to work out. You've been really great to the CAG community.

[quote name='Kerig']In for my one that I said I'd get way back when...I'm very happy to see that the stinky penguin logo is still on the case.

I'm curious to know how many are left now, (please don't do the 999 test without removing them from your cart after you're done, or it will be "sold out" again like what happened a few days ago).

Richard: Feel free to let us know when the stock reaches milestone quantities, less than 200 (probably already below that by now), 150, 100, 50, 20, 10, 5, 1 :) There's too many CAGs who like to wait until the last minute before buying, this will help push them to not miss out this time.[/QUOTE]
Just got mine today. These are awesome. I loaded mine up (with the CAG logo) and loaded my daughters up too...Now if only came up with a more elegant solution for carrying around PSP games...Those plastic clamshell 8 game holders are really bulky!!!!!!

This is to Hootie, I think you should have your case today if you got the 1-2 day shipping. Everything I have ever ordered from Penguin United has taken 2 days to reach me using the 2-3 day shipping. Then again I live in California.

[quote name='moleson']Just got mine today. These are awesome. I loaded mine up (with the CAG logo) and loaded my daughters up too...Now if only came up with a more elegant solution for carrying around PSP games...Those plastic clamshell 8 game holders are really bulky!!!!!![/quote]

If somebody made a plastic case that was the same size and shape as an Altoids Sours tin, that'd be perfect. I use some well-washed Sours tins for my PSP games, they fit almost perfectly. I just don't like the looks of 'em.

/tk

Wow. I got my case in. It's really cool! I didn't expect to get it so soon since I just got the cheap shipping and I'm way on the other side of the country.

Yes! I got the case in the mail today! This is going perfectly, at first I thought I wasn't going to have this case or Glory Days 2 to bring to Italy, but now I have both!

*is happy*

Got my case in today. Took me a while to realize there were four pages, as they were all stuck together.

Very fast shipping since I'm on the other side of the country like Lulu. I'd love to order a red one if they ever come in stock with the CAG logo.

Aww didn't get it yet. Proably because I'm in Florida and maybe cause I also ordered a light gun? Maybe they shipped it UPS... We get UPS at like 7 by me for some reason.

got mine today. wow it was smaller then I thought :p

anyways looks good. seem a bit hard to slip a game into each slot..i might have to use a flat object to widen the pockets... overall I am happy now my ds games are Altoid case free :) yay

I received mine today also! lol it's so small, and (inadvertently perhaps) is so damn cute. :D Like others have mentioned, at first I thought there were only two pages until I examined it closely, and pulled the pages apart. It was tough getting the games in the sleeves initially, but it's no problem once the game has been taken out and inserted a couple times.

For some reason I imagined it would be bigger, but I really like the small, compact design. Very nice, little accessory!

so how long does shipping take? If I order it today and it's processed by Monday (the 13th) will there be a chance that it will arrive by Thursday? I live in NY btw...

thanks

[quote name='Gamer SDP']so how long does shipping take? If I order it today and it's processed by Monday (the 13th) will there be a chance that it will arrive by Thursday? I live in NY btw...

thanks[/quote]
I ordered on the 8th, it shipped the 9th, and I got it today, the 11th. I live in southwest Florida.

Any chance that Penguin United will be restocking the red case with the CAG mark?

I got mine today! Super fast shipping, ordered them thursday got them today(saturday). I love the case! thanks so much for the top notch case.:bouncy:

I had a similar issue where I initially bought 2 gray cases and 1 CAG case and my first order of 2 gray's came in as 2 CAG's. Great cases by the way.

[quote name='Shoagie']Well i ordered on the 8th, and didnt get mine. Guess i can hope for monday.[/QUOTE]
Same. Weird part is that I live in SoCal and they're in NorCal, I thought it would be fast shipping even with first class shipping.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I swear people are ignoring me.[/QUOTE]
Both cases are the new materials. I have the old ones and the new ones.

bread's done
Back