Awesome Neo Geo AES system

meesterjojo

CAGiversary!
Hah, no, I wish I were that skilled. It's the handy work of some well-known Neo-geo scene modder...that I can't remember his name it's been so long. haha Jeff Kurtz? something like that. Very talented guy, was the only person doing the HDTV output on those things. Haven't been able to find him since.

I've had it sitting around for a few years, used it maybe twice. Now I'm in a smaller place and trying to get rid of all my extra bits, and hoping someone will use the system where I just left it in my closet.

what is the reserve? i really cant afford this, but i was just curious what these things go for in case if i ever get money

Reserve is pretty high- around $750, which was the cost of all the modifications on that particular system. I probably won't even break even, but that's ok, as long as someone enjoys it.

I'm hoping to offer a Second Chance deal to the high bidder if my reserve isn't met. But I still have 6 days, so yanno, it could go higher.

Another free bump for you.

I'd bid if

a. I didn't already have an AES (unmodded but Jeff Kurtz sounds familiar so I could possibly get work done on my existing system)

and

b. I didn't just pay my property taxes for this 6 month period. I can't even buy Mass Effect until after Christmas. :(

Anyhow, someday I'll get mine modded and play Magician Lord in HD glory. Here's hoping it sells for a decent amount.

Right on, if you check the www.digitpress.com forums, in the Everything Ebay section I have a similar thread and someone with an even more insanely modded, but looks in worse shape by the photo, neo-geo is asking me some questions on it. HE might be able to lead you to the guy to do some uber mods.

For clarification, b/c someone on another forum asked, I tested the systems graphics to the fullest of my abilities and found the following out:

Ok, here's what I've found out testing between my LCD 16:9, and my older sony 4:3 XBR (HD CRT circa 2002)-

1) even in 4:3 on the LCD (a Samsung 5265), which I have to "force" it into, btw, the resolution is listed as 720x480 and looks fine. At 16:9 it fills my screen with no stretching notable, which makes sense as the native resolution is still listed as 720x480 (still widescreen/barely HD).

2) running the component through a receiver with HDMI output into my Samsung and using the feature known as "JustScan", which is a wonderful feature that displays the native signal I get 720x480 15hz/60hz, fills my screen. Notable at extreme right/left viewing angles (which isn't good for a LCD anyway) are vertical lines of some dark color, which when viewing properly from the front aren't there. Maybe it's just my brand of TV, dunno.

3) Running on the Sony in 4:3 out of the component everything filled the screen, vibrant colors, but it couldn't tell me anything regarding the resolution. (I just wanted to check it out since I had it out, previously only having plugged up the composite to verify it all works).

4) I rechecked the sound slider, the UniBIOS v2.0, ran all 3 of the games I am giving away with the system, and tested the stereo channels to verify both function.

5) Did not test S-Video, but honestly, between Composite and Component.

Now, I dunno if the native resolution for SNK titles was 720 or not, but my LCD is pretty thorough, heck, I can even adjust color channels through the HDMI (which, unlike many HDMI TV's, it'll accept sound through). 720 is what it's showing, but there's no way it was 1080i or 1080p. I did not think to try and force upscaling with any other device. And yes, I can get 1080p via component.

Hope this helps answer a question. Sadly I'm not the most technical person beyond being able to hook all this stuff up, and knowing the difference between 480i/p, 720p, 1080i/p.

1 day left for this collectors item.

You might not have HDTV, or even care, but it's a low serial # console with all matching numbers, and a unibios (v 2.0)- how pimp is that?

i bought one of those NTSC JAP but i'm getting trouble connecting to the tv and its not a 60hz issue cause the 360 is running on 60hz... =/

bread's done
Back