awwwwwwwwww here GGT #53 goes~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chacrana']I've played a lotta Ninja Gaiden, but I never really used any weapon but the Dragon Sword for more than a minute or two. Well, I fell in love with that scythe. Coz it's awesome.

Edit: I was hoping I'd like the ball and chain weapon, but I dunno... felt a little too slow for my tastes. I really seem to like the fast weapons better, for the most part, so I should try the talons when I get a chance.[/QUOTE]

I just got the Kasari-gara..I'll master it on another play through.

Check out the Lunar...it's insane on level 3. There are so many good combos and the thing splats heads like none other.

edit: there are so many little changes that make the game flow perfectly. no reviewer seemed to pick up on them.

Forgive the extra shitty cell phone quality shots...

2557217925_9c88f24d53.jpg

Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition Strategy Guide

2557217971_3d2b86d6ce.jpg

Got these for free from a raffle at work...

Ah fuck, so I gotta stay up for another midnight launch @ GS? I'm glad my GS is doing it, of course, but now is a must-do instead of the last time I did it for GTAIV, which was just for giggles. :p

I guess ordering my copy of The MGS4 LE online wasn't a bad idea... except for paying the extra money to get it here within 2 days.

Markman: What comes with the MGS4 LE Strategy Guide?

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']

Markman: What comes with the MGS4 LE Strategy Guide?[/QUOTE]
This:
The definitive Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition Collectors Guide — boasting a hard cover and a numbered lithograph, as well as an exclusive behind the scenes chapter written on-site at the Konami Studios in Tokyo. The guide itself is 100% complete. With the aid of complete 3D maps, the Walkthrough leads you through the entire game covering all optional tasks and secrets as they become available. As the story plays such an important role in the game, the guide features short "Flashback" box-outs that briefly introduce characters as they appear. At over 200 pages, the guide includes a dedicated chapter on Basics, Controls, Items, Weapons, Camouflage, Enemies, Secrets and Metal Gear Online.

It sounds kind of cool. But after sinking about $90+ on the game I think I might skip it. And I also need to buy a PS3 as well...

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']If you have a MEGS4 LE reserved make sure to pick it up ASAP. All stores aren't getting enough to cover preorders...[/QUOTE]
Crap, thanks. Perhaps the 2nd LE I'm getting would be better served by being sold to someone who got screwed?

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Man, you'd think if you pre-order you'd be fine, fken GS, I better not get screwed...[/QUOTE]Exactly. I preordered mine in FULL and better not get screwed over. I cannot attend the midnight launch, but will go there no later than 1 hour after they open. I better get my preorder (It's just the regular edition).

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']If you have a MEGS4 LE reserved make sure to pick it up ASAP. All stores aren't getting enough to cover preorders...[/QUOTE]

in another thread you just said your store...which is it?

All stores are shorted. We got the email yesterday.

In another thread I used my store as an example, is that what you mean? I use my store as an example because it's the biggest in the district. Therefore we tend to get more stock than most places. For example, most stores are getting 3-5 of the MGS4 bundles. My store is getting 8. So if we're down by 4 copies on the LE, most stores are going to be down by more.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']All stores are shorted. We got the email yesterday.

In another thread I used my store as an example, is that what you mean? I use my store as an example because it's the biggest in the district. Therefore we tend to get more stock than most places. For example, most stores are getting 3-5 of the MGS4 bundles. My store is getting 8. So if we're down by 4 copies on the LE, most stores are going to be down by more.[/QUOTE]

yeah, that's what I meant. I don't know anything about your store, so I didn't know how representative it is. In any case, this sucks and thanks for the info. Guess I gotta go to the midnight launch.

Yeah, I forget to explain stuff XD I just wanted to give CAGs a heads up. Because I got fucked over on the MGS3 LE, and don't want to see it happen to other people and MGS4.

Also if something happens, and you don't get the LE please be considerate to the employees. It's not their fault. A lot of them are giving up LEs they've paid in full for so that customers can get one.

Anyway, signed out Bourne Conspiracy. A very good rental game.

I nearly got fucked over on the MGS3 LE. The fucking idiot at Gamecrazy put me down for the regular edition when I preordered, even though I specifically asked "you put me down for the LE, right?" Luckily, the guy working there when I went to pick the game up was equally moronic, so I was able to get the LE anyway.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']

Also if something happens, and you don't get the LE please be considerate to the employees. It's not their fault. A lot of them are giving up LEs they've paid in full for so that customers can get one.

[/QUOTE]

I loathe it when people blame employees for stuff that's clearly out of their control.

Just pre-ordered one online in case I can't get mine. I have a secret weapon if they try to tell me I can't have one-- 6/12 is my birthday :lol:

edit: Is CAG slow today? I swear, after I installed SP3 my internet connection has been very slow.

[quote name='Apossum']
edit: Is CAG slow today? I swear, after I installed SP3 my internet connection has been very slow.[/QUOTE]

It's CAG. Been having some pages hang when loading, replies not going through on the first time etc. All other sites have been fine.

[quote name='Chacrana']The net seems kinda slow for me, too. You on Comcast, by chance? Maybe they're just fuckin' up right now.[/QUOTE]

yeah, comcast. Hopefully that's it.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Yeah, I forget to explain stuff XD I just wanted to give CAGs a heads up. Because I got fucked over on the MGS3 LE, and don't want to see it happen to other people and MGS4.[/quote]

Was the MGS3 LE hard to get? I managed to get mine with no problem after work that day. Hopefully I don't have too much of a problem getting the MGS4 LE... I placed an order online for it a few months ago.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Was the MGS3 LE hard to get? I managed to get mine with no problem after work that day. Hopefully I don't have too much of a problem getting the MGS4 LE... I placed an order online for it a few months ago.[/QUOTE]

only a couple thousand MGS3LE's were printed. this won't be that limited.

[quote name='Apossum']only a couple thousand MGS3LE's were printed. this won't be that limited.[/quote]
It's not that I'm worried about not getting the MGS4 LE, I just want to get it and play the game before I have things spoiled for me.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']It's not that I'm worried about not getting the MGS4 LE, I just want to get it and play the game before I have things spoiled for me.[/QUOTE]

same here.

some unfortunate soul on neogaf went through the MGS Online thread and sent messages with spoilers in the subject and body to people's PSN accounts.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']If you have a MEGS4 LE reserved make sure to pick it up ASAP. All stores aren't getting enough to cover preorders...[/quote]

Man, that fucking sucks, now I HAVE to go to the midnight launch. I already paid that bitch off too, like 2-3 months ago. I better not get screwed out of it (again like MGS3 LE). Thanks for the heads up though Rei, and I don't take it out on the GS employees it isn't there fault, but I am still going to be pissed if I get fucked over.

Started up NGII last night, and it is full of awesomness all around!!! I started on the warrior difficulty, and am on chapter 3 thus far. I had to force myself to quit so I can go to bed and get ready for work. I love the Dragon Sword, and Talons for sure. I'm not crazy about teh Lunar, of course it isn't upgraded yet either so that could be why. I know I'm not too far yet, but I found myself saying "I love this game" 4-5 times last night. The gore is fucking awesome, game play is awesome, graphics are soo fucking beautiful, hell even the story is better then in the original NG! Everything just flows so smooth, and the difficulty is perfect IMO. I had no problems adjusting at all, except when I was sitting there and got bum rushed at the start and was like" fuck wth are the controls!" Lulz.

[quote name='Apossum']same here.

some unfortunate soul on neogaf went through the MGS Online thread and sent messages with spoilers in the subject and body to people's PSN accounts.[/quote]

Ouch, The only real place I need to worry about getting things spoiled from is 4chan I guess. I only visit the mecha section which is sure to have some MGS4 related things...

Also, I just got my tax rebate check today. So I think I'm going to go get a PS3 tonight when I take my break from work tonight.

Looks like the GTA4 backlash is in full swing now. Works like clockwork everytime there's a hyped game release.. give it 2-3 weeks and everybody hates it..

I don't understand the point of pre-ordering with gamestop when you still have to be the first in line to get the product?

fucken gamestop.

MGS4 lol

Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2 is a great game for playing while listening to podcasts.

For me, it was mainly due to GTAIV having the same missions as the last few GTAs. I figured it would. I think the game is OK, but it's definitely not a 10 or revolutionary in any sense. If you like GTA, then it's great, but I'm getting tired of it. Game is a lot less buggy than the last few though, at least for me.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']Man, that fucking sucks, now I HAVE to go to the midnight launch. I already paid that bitch off too, like 2-3 months ago. I better not get screwed out of it (again like MGS3 LE). Thanks for the heads up though Rei, and I don't take it out on the GS employees it isn't there fault, but I am still going to be pissed if I get fucked over.

Started up NGII last night, and it is full of awesomness all around!!! I started on the warrior difficulty, and am on chapter 3 thus far. I had to force myself to quit so I can go to bed and get ready for work. I love the Dragon Sword, and Talons for sure. I'm not crazy about teh Lunar, of course it isn't upgraded yet either so that could be why. I know I'm not too far yet, but I found myself saying "I love this game" 4-5 times last night. The gore is fucking awesome, game play is awesome, graphics are soo fucking beautiful, hell even the story is better then in the original NG! Everything just flows so smooth, and the difficulty is perfect IMO. I had no problems adjusting at all, except when I was sitting there and got bum rushed at the start and was like" fuck wth are the controls!" Lulz.

The story sucks in NG2, I don't even pay attention to the story scenes. It might as well be some goofy animu. It's all about the combat. Mana won't like it because it's tough. There's no way Mana will finish NG2.

GTA4 is a really fun game. Not the end of all things, but fun. Funny how so many people get off on hating popular things. WOW YOU'RE SO EDGY DID YOU GET THAT SHIRT AT HOT TOPIC?

lazy saturday... wakin up at noon -_-

I was suppose to play PD Saga today...

but they're showing the auditions for America's Best Dance Crew season 2 today at 2PM on MTV!!

Super Crew gonna take the crown!!

I thought that reading/watching all the MGS4 spoilers would make me not care about the game, but it's making me want it even more.

Too bad that won't happen until there's a 360 port/ I can get a PS3 for under $200.

I completely cleaned my room yesterday. I mean CLEANED. Every piece of clothes I will never wear again is out, every piece of junk is out, and all my games/blu rays/DVD's are organized in a spinning rack. And I just got done with the SAT's today. I feel like a new man!

I may preorder a MGS4 LE so I can flip it on ebay and make my money back plus fund the purchase of the MGS Essentials Collection and a regular version of the game.

How much do you guys think the LE version will go for next week?

[quote name='jer7583']I thought that reading/watching all the MGS4 spoilers would make me not care about the game, but it's making me want it even more.

Too bad that won't happen until there's a 360 port/ I can get a PS3 for under $200.[/QUOTE]

sadly you missed out on that PS3 bundle at Dell for roughly $280 :(

amazing package to be honest.

yeah I thought that wasn't for real. I was intrigued though.

Now, say I have a 22' VGA monitor that has DVI in. can I easily convert an HDMI video signal from PS3 to DVI into my monitor, while having sound ouput through some other means?

Because if not then fuck the PS3 because I'm not getting an HDTV for at least another 5 years or so.

You can use an HDMI->DVI cable to get into the monitor for video.

You can output audio from the PS3 in three different ways. Red/white, HDMI, and optical.
HDMI is out of the question.
There is an optical out port on the back of the PS3 that you can plug into any type of audio device that supports it (PC speakers, surround sound receiver, etc.)
And then you can use a PS2 cable to output red/white.

hmm then i might get a PS3 eventually.

Either a handgun, a puppy (if our next apt allows it), or a PS3.

PS3 is in the distant, distant running.

There's just so many bullshit factors. I could get a 40gig for around $350, but then..

I'd have to buy another controller for rumble-
a bluetooth headset to get voice chat online- (which apparently few people use in online PS3 games)
an HDMI cable-
and then I wouldn't have backwards compatability
and with mandatory installs becoming so common, the 40gig would probably fill up after 5-6 of those types of games, requiring a hard drive purchase down the line..

And the MGS4 PS3 bundle is not only extremely limited (yeah, let's release uber limited editions of our 3rd running console with it's BIGGEST game..) but costs almost $600.

Too many things making me say ehh...

[quote name='jer7583']hmm then i might get a PS3 eventually.

Either a handgun, a puppy (if our next apt allows it), or a PS3.

PS3 is in the distant, distant running.

There's just so many bullshit factors. I could get a 40gig for around $350, but then..

I'd have to buy another controller for rumble-
a bluetooth headset to get voice chat online- (which apparently few people use in online PS3 games)
an HDMI cable-
and then I wouldn't have backwards compatability
and with mandatory installs becoming so common, the 40gig would probably fill up after 5-6 of those types of games, requiring a hard drive purchase down the line..

And the MGS4 PS3 bundle is not only extremely limited (yeah, let's release uber limited editions of our 3rd running console with it's BIGGEST game..) but costs almost $600.

Too many things making me say ehh...[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the bundles now come with the DualShock3 and not the SIXAXIS.
A headset really isn't necessary.
An HDMI cable is about $5 from monoprice.
And no you won't need a new hard drive if all you do is play games.

The 40 GB consoles with Dual Shocks aren't in stores yet.

And the hard drive does fill up pretty damn easily. I'm a hair under 7 GB and all I use it for is gaming.

[quote name='terribledeli']The 40 GB consoles with Dual Shocks aren't in stores yet.

And the hard drive does fill up pretty damn easily. I'm a hair under 7 GB and all I use it for is gaming.[/quote]
Delete the game data for games you don't play anymore

Yeah, I'm glad I upgraded my HDD to a 250GB, but I was planning a HDD since I got my PS3 at launch (just waited a while to do it since I didn't want to lose my Minna No Golf 5 demo).

I will say I definitely expect the 80GB PS3 with MGS4 to be quite hard to find. Not because of a high number of people wanting them, but I do believe (from what I was told) they are 80GB consoles which never shipped to retailers with MotorStorm and/or ones which were pulled from some store shelves early this year (they no longer make the 80GB, only one SKU).

Anyway, played some Mario Kart Wii Online w/ CAG today. Lot's of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back