awwwwwwwwww here GGT #53 goes~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='guinaevere']It's not a problem, I'm just trying to make sure I know what I'll need. Thanks for all the info. =)[/quote]

Np. :) If you need any other help, let me know. :)

[quote name='joe2187']Thanks Daroga, that did the trick. I'm all hooked up now. :)[/quote] Awesome! :)

[quote name='Chacrana']You sucka, the original NG games are tuuurrrrrrible.[/quote]

I like the first one, until I get to 6-2 or 6-3 or something and it's impossible for me to get any further.

[quote name='Chacrana']You sucka, the original NG games are tuuurrrrrrible.[/quote]
NG I and II were the booooomb!
Shadow Ryus kicked ass and I thrash those eagles.

PITA? I think not!

I can beat the first NG with 0-2 continues =)

Just gotta remember my patterns...

I knew a guy that beat it without dying while looking at it through a mirror.

Looks like I gotta wait until tomorrow to pick up Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 on PSP. I gotta go out to several places tomorrow anyway.

Played some SingStar and Rock Band today. Didn't really set any new high scores in SingStar, but progressed further in single player on RB.

I checked the Japan Marketplace for NG2, but then it dawned on me, I couldn't download it since that account was silver. Oh well, I'll eventually get to play it. :)

[quote name='kainzero']I can beat the first NG with 0-2 continues =)

Just gotta remember my patterns...

I knew a guy that beat it without dying while looking at it through a mirror.[/quote]
Chill

I kick it old school and play it on a cartridge and NES w/ the ole boob tube, and I still got my old turbo controller :D

The NES NG games where so much fun.

Guess I can go play them on Ninja Gaiden Trilogy on my super since I'm waiting for my copy of NG2 to get to me.

[quote name='SL4IN']The NES NG games where so much fun.

Guess I can go play them on Ninja Gaiden Trilogy on my super since I'm waiting for my copy of NG2 to get to me.[/quote]
I never warmed up to the trilogy on the SNES, I dunno why, it just didn't feel or sound the same, I felt the same way with the SMB All Stars game also :/

I love Ninja Gaiden on NES.

My first time playing through it when I was a kid, I got to the end, then died, then was like WTF!?

I got sent this far back!??!?!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I never warmed up to the trilogy on the SNES, I dunno why, it just didn't feel or sound the same, I felt the same way with the SMB All Stars game also :/[/quote]

It goes for ridiculous prices on ebay now. I was lucky to get mine for ~$30 a few months back.

Almost everything about the original NG games is better on the trilogy, except for the sound. Better quality on the NES versions.

So, with all the NG2 talk, I decided to get me a copy of the first one since I have never played it. I waltz into GS and see that they have NG Black, used, for 25 bones. No way I'm paying 25 for a used game, I thought. I started digging through piles of old games until I finally come across the original for 10 bux. As the employee is putting the disc in the case, he mentions that it looks almost brand new. On the way home, I open the case to examine the disc myself and, lo and behold, the employee gave me black instead of the original. Score!

[quote name='Dandeschain']So, with all the NG2 talk, I decided to get me a copy of the first one since I have never played it. I waltz into GS and see that they have NG Black, used, for 25 bones. No way I'm paying 25 for a used game, I thought. I started digging through piles of old games until I finally come across the original for 10 bux. As the employee is putting the disc in the case, he mentions that it looks almost brand new. On the way home, I open the case to examine the disc myself and, lo and behold, the employee gave me black instead of the original. Score![/quote]

sounds like a good day.

[quote name='Chacrana']You sucka, the original NG games are tuuurrrrrrible.[/QUOTE]WHAT?!?!?!?!

the only new NG game I played was for the DS and it was horrendous!!!

they bastardized one of the best games with stupid spider clans and dumb ass shyt like that...

I'm gonna try to get my hands on Sigma after MGS4 but I have a feeling it's jus gonna make me depressed

Man, the XBL support people are stupid as shit.

I wonder if I'll ever get a Silver account :(

I want to get the Lost Odyssey DLC and that sorta stuff... but I'm not renewing my Gold subscription like MS wants.

[quote name='Chacrana']Man, the XBL support people are stupid as shit.

I wonder if I'll ever get a Silver account :(

I want to get the Lost Odyssey DLC and that sorta stuff... but I'm not renewing my Gold subscription like MS wants.[/quote]

Be careful, isn't the end conclusion to that CC expired crap that they delete your Live Account?

You may not give a shit, I'd be pissed if the deleted my account and I lost my precious nerd points:bomb:

[quote name='benjamouth']Be careful, isn't the end conclusion to that CC expired crap that they delete your Live Account?

You may not give a shit, I'd be pissed if the deleted my account and I lost my precious nerd points:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Eh, I've got like 2000, so I don't really care.

And they said that the end conclusion is that they drop me to Silver, but yeah, they'll prolly just delete it since incompetence seems to be their specialty.

Why is XBL $50 anyway?

[quote name='Chacrana']Eh, I've got like 2000, so I don't really care.

And they said that the end conclusion is that they drop me to Silver, but yeah, they'll prolly just delete it since incompetence seems to be their specialty.

Why is XBL $50 anyway?[/quote]

Yeah, once they've got your CC info they seem to think you owe them Live fees till the end of time. As you say they'll probably feck it up somehow.

I prefer to think of it as $4 a month, it's easier to take that way, especially when it's down during Chrimbo, the one time of the year I have time off and nothing better to do than play games :bomb::bomb:

[quote name='benjamouth']Yeah, once they've got your CC info they seem to think you owe them Live fees till the end of time. As you say they'll probably feck it up somehow.

I prefer to think of it as $4 a month, it's easier to take that way, especially when it's down during Chrimbo, the one time of the year I have time off and nothing better to do than play games :bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't even think it's worth $4 a month with the games out there right now.

But more importantly: Ninja Gaiden II. Still awesome. Still violent. Still sticking only to the dragon sword.

I really wanna try a new weapon.

Why hasn't Amazon shipped NG2 to me yet? In fact, it doesn't look like they're going to in the near future since I can still change the order.

Guess I'll nab it at Best Buy tonight.

[quote name='daroga']Why hasn't Amazon shipped NG2 to me yet? In fact, it doesn't look like they're going to in the near future since I can still change the order.

Guess I'll nab it at Best Buy tonight.[/quote]

My amazon pre-order has been moved to "Shipping Soon". Hopefully they'll get it out to me before the end of the week, but I still have a looooong ways to go in GTAIV still (I think I'm still between chapter 2 and 3). :p

I'd compare xbl's $50 to those fken people who charge to park in "private lots" around buzy places like Hollywood or LA County Court :/
They provide the stuff that's normally free for a charge, knowing there is no other place within' a mile to park and that'd be a major inconvenience, so they will screw you because they can and you can't really put up a fight and must allow them to nickel and dime you.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I'd compare xbl's $50 to those fken people who charge to park in "private lots" around buzy places like Hollywood or LA County Court :/
They provide the stuff that's normally free for a charge, knowing there is no other place within' a mile to park and that'd be a major inconvenience, so they will screw you because they can and you can't really put up a fight and must allow them to nickel and dime you.[/quote]Didn't you just define capitalism? ;)

Itagaki quits Tecmo, bitches about pay, blames subordinates and Tecmo management for subsequent DoA and NG sequels saying they are all inferior and smelly. Yes, smelly. And he hates them. Details at 11.

Live is worth it and if you don't want to play online with the great atmosphere that has been created with Live, don't. Buy a PS3. The "we shouldn't have to pay for Live" argument is just so tiresome.

Oh, and I created a CAG IRC channel. Not sure if this place has the nerds to fill it or not.

I don't think live is worth $50 simply cause I don't play online enough to justify the cost. Sure I could find live membership cards for less then $50 but it still doesn't change the fact that I'd be paying for something I don't really use. For me Nintendo and Sonys inferior free setups suit my needs well.

I just hate how some acheivements in games are tied to the online play. Wish there was a alternative method to getting full achievement points in a game that didn't involve live play.

Man, IRC. Used to do that back in the day.

/me reminisces about 1994

EDIT: Stupid work. Blocking IRC ports I guess.

Oh, and I'm not sure what to do with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Is it even worth playing if you've got the original FFT (the PSP version, at that?)

[quote name='Chacrana']Oh, and I'm not sure what to do with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Is it even worth playing if you've got the original FFT (the PSP version, at that?)[/quote]
i'm one of the few that prefers FFTA to FFT. i'm not a big fan of FFT's CT system nor do i like how you can miss your allies with cure spells and buffs.

i like the story, it's pretty simple and i also like the mission based gameplay. judges are annoying because something will cross your mind like "oh, i forgot i can't use attack, wtf red card game over?" but i kinda like the concept because it forces you to think differently.

[quote name='Chacrana']Oh, and I'm not sure what to do with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Is it even worth playing if you've got the original FFT (the PSP version, at that?)[/QUOTE]

id think that the psp one is the best one since it has been updated

got Chaos Wars today....and probably wont play it till next year...too big of a backlog

watching Haunted Junction...pretty cool. oldschool but cool

[quote name='daroga']Man, IRC. Used to do that back in the day.

/me reminisces about 1994

EDIT: Stupid work. Blocking IRC ports I guess.[/quote]

That's weak. I'm sure there's some way around that if you're more savvy than I.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']That's weak. I'm sure there's some way around that if you're more savvy than I.[/quote]Probably, but I waste enough time a work on the web. I don't need an active chat to distract further. It's probably for the best ;)

Just beat chapter 8 in CC. That was short and boring! Hooray!

[quote name='Chacrana']But is the gameplay appreciably different then? I really know next to nothing about the series.[/quote]

It's been a while since I have played either. But I do recall gameplay being somewhat similar. The big difference between the two game is the difficultly.

[quote name='Chacrana']But is the gameplay appreciably different then? I really know next to nothing about the series.[/quote]
yeah it is

the only similarities are a couple of skills, the isometric camera, and the grid. other than that, it's completely different.

I haven't played anything today. Well, maybe Mass Effect and Third Strike count since it was 3 AM. Plus getting up a 5 PM makes the whole day seem shorter too.

I did buy 5 quarts of oil and an oil filter so I can play another fun game called Oil Change.

Once you go Ninja Gaiden Black, you don't go back.

What does FFT or TA have over Disgaea and Disgaea 2? I have them all but I really couldn't get into Tactics due to the sluggish interface.

[quote name='willardhaven']What does FFT or TA have over Disgaea and Disgaea 2? I have them all but I really couldn't get into Tactics due to the sluggish interface.[/QUOTE]

I don't really know personally (has disgaea 1 on psp and disgaea 2 on ps2 and hasn't played either yet) but I know I loved the original FFT (hasn't played TA yet either). I've probably beaten FFT over a dozen times or more with numerous different teams (one themed after the x-men even).

Finally getting around to downloading Lost Winds for the Wii. Had to delete like 6 VC games to make room though.:cry:

I understand the NG2 camera complaints. But they don't matter.

Level 1 might have been more fun than the whole of the first game. And that was likely my favorite game of last gen...

I just got my first taste of Burnout Paradise and I love it. Looks like there's plenty to do and the takedowns alone are fun. I'm squarely in the pro-Paradise camp now.

(IRC room has blossomed to 5 users! 5!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back