B&M Deal/Sale of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really hard for me to pick between these two:

- Toys R US Clearance + $10 off 2 games $19.99 or less coupon
- Blockbuster Gamerush "Trade 3, get 1 Used Game for $10"

Both were great deals on their own, but together they were incredible! (Especially with things like Mojo! for XBOX free at TRU and trading in at $8 at BB)

I would say that the two deals combined (or 3 if you include the coupon as a separate deal from the clearance) were the best deal of the year.

[quote name='DenisDFat']The Circuit City summer sale[/quote]

Really? Are you sure it didn't suck?

I know, I know, don't tease the bears. \:D/

Several GameRush deals were better than many of the things listed, but sadly they weren't avaliable everywhere, which will probally make this not a contender. :(

The trade 2 games get any used game for $10 was by far, the greatest deal this year for those that could get it. Amazing deal, since you could trade in any games from this generation plus PS1 games and you still got the fantastic credit for the games, too. Everybody loves GameRush! :D

I think TRU deserves a nod for their $10 off any two games under $20 coupon. Combined with green tag items or the two $20 games for $30, many people got some great deals.

Also, BB's RE4 as a PC title was great. :p

I'd have to say the $5 CC blowout sale in June.

The $5 screw up came in at a very close second, but it didn't have me in as much of a frenzy as the June sale.

[quote name='cleaver']I vote the July on purpose $5 CC sale.[/quote]

That's right, it was the 4th of July. Best sale ever. Was able to get RE2 for the cube for a 5 spot.

Best deal IMO was the trade 3 get one PO for 10 deal at Gamerush. I made off like a bandit there by only using 10 of my own games and plenty of PS1 games I bought at my EB.

Gotta be the Gamerush deal. I did so much playing and trading with them over the summer, I still have $20 credit left on my gift card. It is not often you find a deal where you can make money and get the latest games and it is completely legit.

Toys R Us 70% Green Tag games, Buy 2 $19.99 for $30, plus the stackable magic coupon that took $10 any two games under $19.99 got me $250 worth of games for $35. Some of the highlignts I got in that deal where Castlevania LOI, Metal Gear Solid Substance, La Pucelle Tactics, Midway Arcade Treasure 2. Plus a slew of free games like Primal, Resident Evil Code Veronica, P.N.03, Blood Rayne, a bunch of sports games, a bunch of PS1 games. This was the best deal of the year even though it came at the end of 2004. A close second will have to be the $5 CC sale because it was B&M and Online. And third would be the Tower Records Clearance.

TRU Green Tag (50% off) combined with "$10 off two games $19.99 or less" coupon.

That was insanity.

EDIT: (I wasn't near a TRU after Christmas to take advantage of the 70% off... :cry: )
Oh well.

I nominate the Jan 04 CC sale. Because I got the nmost out that one, and it was during that sale that I found CAg and was forever changed :)

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I nominate the Jan 04 CC sale. Because I got the nmost out that one, and it was during that sale that I found CAg and was forever changed :)[/quote]

I agree. I've never been more excited in my life than to find out that, indeed, Circuit City was selling a shit-ton of games for $4.99. And better still, I was the first on at my store to cash in on it. I'll never forget the attention I got when I walked out with 21 brand new games for a touch over $100.
It's a tough call, though, considering I've spend close to $700 at TRU since the start of this Green Tag madness...

$5 Circuit City Blow Out (June 2004)
I am still only about 3/4 of the way through all the gems i picked up at this sale

[quote name='Ebraum'][quote name='cleaver']I vote the July on purpose $5 CC sale.[/quote]

That's right, it was the 4th of July. Best sale ever. Was able to get RE2 for the cube for a 5 spot.[/quote]

3rd of July, I would know.

I have to go with the first thing that brought me to CAG, the July CC $5 dale.

Need to stick to the first love here.

The rest are very close second, third, etc.

the $5 CC sale is hands down the greatest sale of last year. all i have to say is RE2, RE3, and Disgaea(sp), among others, for ridiculously cheap. thats tops everything in my book.

a close 2nd is the 10 off 2 games 20 or less at tru.

[quote name='lordopus99']Best deal IMO was the trade 3 get one PO for 10 deal at Gamerush. I made off like a bandit there by only using 10 of my own games and plenty of PS1 games I bought at my EB.[/quote]

I agree with ya there. Many a 1996 ps1 sports games were traded in :p

But out of the list, i'd go with the CC $5 Blowout.

I'm going to go with CC $5 blowout, though I really wish there had been another EA Games stackable coupon deal this year. I really cleaned up on the last one.

I'm sure the CC deal must have been great, but having missed that I'm not sure I'll ever be able to top getting a holiday edition xbox, slimline PS2, gameboy sp, about 50 PO games and still have a couple hundred credit at GR thanks to the TRU coupon and trade 3 deal.

Yes, I know I have a problem.

I would go with the $5.00 Circuit City deal (the one in July). I bought a dozen games and used about half of them for birthday and Christmas presents. I shared the love and saved some cash.

TRU Green Tag, because I still have the games and accessories. CC screw-up real close second, as there weren't many good games left. Almost all of those went towards trade-ins ad Game Rush which I used for a DS.

The EBgames 75% Off Used PC Game Clearance was amazing (especially considering it worked with the Edge card too.) I got several titltes under $1 in great condition.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']People who don't vote for the CC screw up are people who didn't get good games at it.[/quote]
Or people like me who don't live within 100 miles of a CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back