B1G1 Boxset sale @ amazon

Yeah I got an email several days ago about this. I didn't bother posting it because even BOGO the prices are bad.

Be very careful of this sale. When the sale first started, there was a glitch/amazon error. Many people received emails (days after receiving orders) saying they owed amazon more money, or the DVDs would have to be returned in only new condition, or their credit cards would be charged again. After the completed sale.

I work at Best Buy and a lot of these are B1G1 free in the dvd section. It should have it's own display. It was still up a few days ago. YMMV!

[quote name='Stingermck']Be very careful of this sale. When the sale first started, there was a glitch/amazon error. Many people received emails (days after receiving orders) saying they owed amazon more money, or the DVDs would have to be returned in only new condition, or their credit cards would be charged again. After the completed sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I heard that but don't understand it at all. Is Amazon trying to piss people off? Plus it's just a lawsuit waiting to happen.

[quote name='Josef368']I work at Best Buy and a lot of these are B1G1 free in the dvd section. It should have it's own display. It was still up a few days ago. YMMV![/quote]

Which box sets are B1G1 at Best Buy?

[quote name='David85']Yeah I heard that but don't understand it at all. Is Amazon trying to piss people off? Plus it's just a lawsuit waiting to happen.[/QUOTE]

Its crazy. Long story short, for a few hours of the sale, rather than receiving a discount once, for the lowest priced DVD, you would get 2 discounts. It was fixed that afternoon, yet orders were still shipped days later. 2 days after most received and opened the items, the email was sent.

First glitch Ive send where a company demands more money after you've already received good and opened them. 99% of the time orders are canceled before shipment, and thats it.

The email states that it was an error in price, and you have until Jan 28th to return the thems, or your CC will be charged again for the rest of the amount. Only new sealed returns are accepted, and it doesn't take into account International orders.

Makes me wonder what site will try this next. EB games with $20 NCAA? :whistle2:s

So on January 28th we can expect several lawsuits to Amazon? Cool. Amazon pissed me off after I got a fucked up Dead Like Me DVD and their policy was you had to return it new or buy two. The whole thing was dumb so I'm gonig to return it to Target or something. :)

Damn, I was about to order a bunch, now I don't know if I want to

Sanford and son 1,2,3,5,6
Good Times 6
All In the Family 5 and something

for 123.84

Might bite on Sanford and Son (I suddenly started watching it on TVLand) and Dilbert, I'll see what happens first with this double discount thing

I got in on the deal and changed my credit card numbers as well. Sanford and Son S 1-6 for $12 shipped. I will dispute if they try to charge me more. I have my invoices printed out as to the charges that I agreed to.

[quote name='SpyderGT']I'd have my credit card number changed, just so they couldn't charge me again, see what happens, hehe.[/QUOTE]

Some companies now give you temporary numbers, like three a year. That way you have your normal card and if you don't 100% trust a person or site you give them the temp.

[quote name='grimlock49']I got in on the deal and changed my credit card numbers as well. Sanford and Son S 1-6 for $12 shipped. I will dispute if they try to charge me more. I have my invoices printed out as to the charges that I agreed to.[/quote]

How did you get 1-6 for that cheap?

[quote name='TheOne06']How did you get 1-6 for that cheap?[/QUOTE]

It was BOGO free, instead it was BOGO free and 5 others. Amazon was stupid and didn't cancel the orders and instead sent the DVDs out. Now they are claiming it was a pricing mistake and you have to return them or pay more for them. The lawsuits should start in a few weeks.

[quote name='David85']It was BOGO free, instead it was BOGO free and 5 others. Amazon was stupid and didn't cancel the orders and instead sent the DVDs out. Now they are claiming it was a pricing mistake and you have to return them or pay more for them. The lawsuits should start in a few weeks.[/quote]

Damn, that must have been nice, just curious tho, what did you tell your CC company to get them to change the number

no one has to change their credit card numbers. go read the thread over at dvdtalk about it.

basically lots of people called amazon customer service irate about the ultimatum, and their customer service reps admitted they had no legal grounds to charge the people who were not charged. the reps clarified the email that was sent out as "asking individuals to do the right thing and return the dvd sets they got for free." so no one will be charged more, but sadly some suckers actually sent their dvds back.

Wow. You don't see Dilbert and Ned and Stacey in BOGO sales too often. It's a shame their prices differ by nearly $20.

bread's done
Back