B1G1 Used Xbox Games at GS (1/11 - 1/17) YMMV (B2G1 not)

Armenius

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
YMMV:
GameStopCoupon.jpg

Not:
EBC3004298.jpg

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Picked up Justice League Heroes and Sonic Mega Collection Plus for 15 something. The guy did it manually and didn't let me use my edge card but I didn't botehr bitchin about a buck fifty. I was going to get KOTOR2 but they wanted 20 for it. I'll just wait until I can find it for 10 again at a local game store.
I seen a bunch of games I wanted for around 5 that I'll probably get later in the week.[/quote] Same thing here. Might want to comeback later, so no point casuing problems now.
Picked up Pirates! and Tiger Woods 07 for 20 bucks. Going to another gamestop for Burnout Revenge and whatever else I can find. After this, I might never buy anymore xbox games.

[quote name='Joseph Condello']Can I use this coupon with the discounted Marvel Ultimate Alliance? Trying to get Gears of War out of this.[/QUOTE]

edit: Sorry read it wrong, was thinking of 360 not orginial Xbox games.

Picked up the Jade Empire special edition along with a copy of Fable, all for a little more than $10. I kinda wish they had had a copy of black for the Xbox, but that's okay, since I hear good things about both JE and Fable.

I do love me some bogos.

[quote name='manthing']*EDIT* Seriously there's a TON of underappreciated games at $4-5 like Psi-ops, Second Sight, Phantom Dust, Red Dead Revolver.

Just check the EB site.[/QUOTE]

second sight was awesome....check out break down too.

Thanks, picked up Phantom Dust (amazing) and Sonic Mega Collection Plus for $13ish.

Stores seemed to have either a few Xbox games or massive ammounts of them. I'm going back a bit later in the week to get some others.

Nothing I really wanted but there seem to be at least two complete Shenmue 2s over here. I was surprised that one store had a new Steel Batallion, though. Too bad New is $100 as opposed to Used for $50. ;)

[quote name='ParticleReality'] I was thinking about looking for that Riddick game but becides that I'm a bit stumped.[/quote]

You might want to check on this yourself, but I don't think the Riddick game is on the backwards compatibility list. It's one of the notable ommissions. I think the reason is that they have a remake planned called Dark Athena or something.

I was going to pick up a bunch, but then I noticed that you can only get 1 free game.

So I went with Prince of Persia and Jade Empire.

There was a bunch else I'd have rather bought, but they didn't have hardly anything :(

I'll have to go back there another time this week to pick up ESPN NFL 2K5 and some other $2 game.

This idiot girl at my local gamestop couldn't get the coupon to work. "It won't work... *whines*." She typed the code in but apparently she doesn't know how to type and didn't know how to manually take it off. "Oh, well it's not working. Your total is $xx.xx."

So I knocked over the magazine rack and threw glitter in her face.

haha, just kidding. I left and didn't buy anything thouh.

I didn't end up using the coupon, but I did pick up volumes 1-6 of Burst Angel, Arjuna Complete Collection (4 discs total but marked as one DVD), and Blade: Trinity for a little less than $34 thanks to the B2G2F deal on used DVDs. Awesome. :D

nothing but crap or dirty cases that make me not even want to check the disk...besides I already own "most" of the cool titles (KOTOR 1 & 2,Shenmue II,Jade Empire,Phantom Dust,SF & Sonic Collections,etc.)

[quote name='PrarieD0G']This idiot girl at my local gamestop couldn't get the coupon to work. "It won't work... *whines*." She typed the code in but apparently she doesn't know how to type and didn't know how to manually take it off. "Oh, well it's not working. Your total is $xx.xx."

So I knocked over the magazine rack and threw glitter in her face.

haha, just kidding. I left and didn't buy anything thouh.[/quote]

wow that sucks, when i go to my gamestop there is usually more than one person working at the front

Well, I decided to make a trip back since some people have posted some other titles they liked. The manager there was nice enough to let me use the coupon more than once in the same day, too.

Anywho, picked up Red Dead Revolver, Full Spectrum Warrior, and Breakdown. Unfortunately, Breakdown didn't have a case, so I'll have to come up with something to dress up the junky Gamestop label they throw in there.

[quote name='Teqonix']Well, I decided to make a trip back since some people have posted some other titles they liked. The manager there was nice enough to let me use the coupon more than once in the same day, too.

Anywho, picked up Red Dead Revolver, Full Spectrum Warrior, and Breakdown. Unfortunately, Breakdown didn't have a case, so I'll have to come up with something to dress up the junky Gamestop label they throw in there.[/quote]

Hope this helps:

http://www.cdcovers.cc/search/xbox/breakdown

[quote name='intinc']wow that sucks, when i go to my gamestop there is usually more than one person working at the front[/quote]

Well, that's weird they put the coupon code in, but they could not pull up the b1g1 sale. So, they did it manually.

I used 30% trade in coupon. and got 50 bucks.

And I got

Ninja Gaiden 8.99 :applause:
DOOM 3 Free

Prince of Persia 3 11.70:bouncy:
Burnout Revenge Free

Prince of Persia 2 8.99:booty:
Brothers in Arms 2 Free

Prince of Persia 1 7.20:bomb:
Jade Empire Free

[quote name='kart007k']Well, that's weird they put the coupon code in, but they could not pull up the b1g1 sale. So, they did it manually.

I used 30% trade in coupon. and got 50 bucks.

And I got

Ninja Gaiden 8.99 :applause:
DOOM 3 Free

Prince of Persia 3 11.70:bouncy:
Burnout Revenge Free

Prince of Persia 2 8.99:booty:
Brothers in Arms 2 Free

Prince of Persia 1 7.20:bomb:
Jade Empire Free[/quote]
you got some cool employees because the the coupon says 1 PER CUSTOMER!!!!

anyways the coupon code didn't work for me either so they had to manually enter a free game for me too???

[quote name='XxSmityxX']you got some cool employees because the the coupon says 1 PER CUSTOMER!!!!

anyways the coupon code didn't work for me either so they had to manually enter a free game for me too???[/quote]

The only problem with them entering it manually is I think they're more likely to remember you.
I hope using it again shouldn't be a problem, and my local GS seem pretty cool about these things, but still...

snagged mercenaries: playground of destruction + doom 3: limited edition for $9 after edge discount, both in pristine condition. one question, though: the copy of doom came with an unused 2 month xbox live trial code... will that still work and stack on an existing live account?

considering also getting a like new copy of jade empire l.e. + karaoke revolution for $7.50. tried to get rollercoaster tycoon + simpsons hit and run, but the simpsons disc was fucked.

on a related note, i grabbed fight club (2 disc) + anchorman (uncut) + 40-year-old virgin (uncut) + desperado (special edition) for $18

went to my local GS today and used the coupon...it didn't work so the guy scanned another random xbox game in and that one popped up as free so I think this promo was supposed to be a b2g1 but GS screwed up another coupon....anyway the guy was cool and gave me the b1g1 and let me use my edge card.

[quote name='intinc']wow that sucks, when i go to my gamestop there is usually more than one person working at the front[/quote]

Yeah, there were like 4 people, but they didn't even offer to help. Apparently they were "busy." One guy angrily told her to just use the "Promotion Not Found," but she didn't even know how to do that. She's been working there for MONTHS too. What an idiot. I hate GameStop.

[quote name='r00kie']went to my local GS today and used the coupon...it didn't work so the guy scanned another random xbox game in and that one popped up as free so I think this promo was supposed to be a b2g1 but GS screwed up another coupon....anyway the guy was cool and gave me the b1g1 and let me use my edge card.[/quote]

That is interesting. This deal seemed a little too good. Got 4 games already though, so I'm satisfied. Hopefully it still works.

[quote name='zenintrude']snagged mercenaries: playground of destruction + doom 3: limited edition for $9 after edge discount, both in pristine condition. one question, though: the copy of doom came with an unused 2 month xbox live trial code... will that still work and stack on an existing live account?
[/QUOTE]

I'm almost positive you can't extend an existing Live account with it, but it very may still work. I've used one before, even though the expiration date had been more than a year past.

Bought Buffy the vampire slayer for 3.99 and got Mechassault for free
Bought Star Wars: Battlefront for 7.99 and got Fallout: Brotherhood for free.

Going back tomorrow to the stores i didnt hit for more games!

[quote name='mkernan']I'm almost positive you can't extend an existing Live account with it, but it very may still work. I've used one before, even though the expiration date had been more than a year past.[/quote]

it's always worth a shot, but i wasn't able to do it a couple of months ago. i tried taking a silver account to a gold, though, so maybe that's why.

Is there a list of those "must have" Xbox games? I bought an XBox to run XBMC but I haven't gotten any games for it and a list of "good" titles would be helpful for looking through my local GS.

[quote name='r00kie']went to my local GS today and used the coupon...it didn't work so the guy scanned another random xbox game in and that one popped up as free so I think this promo was supposed to be a b2g1 but GS screwed up another coupon....anyway the guy was cool and gave me the b1g1 and let me use my edge card.[/quote]
The store I went to yesterday told me that GS screwed up. It was supposed to be B2G1 free, but was sent out wrong. The manager did honor the coupon though. He said that it was a mistake on GS's part and that they would honor the coupon. I'll go to another store for this deal. They know me at this one pretty well.

[quote name='richdmoore']Picked up Halo 2 and Black (I couldn't find another $25 original xbox game I wanted.)[/quote]

Ninja Gaiden Black is a good choice if you plan on returning/rebuying within the next 7 days...if its available of course

[quote name='ParticleReality']Was never a Xbox game before I got the 360, I was more of a Sony guy. Are there any must have Xbox games? I was thinking about looking for that Riddick game but becides that I'm a bit stumped.

* I already have Psyconauts on the PC.[/quote] Riddick is not BC. Must have games are as follows

RPGs - KotoR, KotoR II, Jade Empire, Baldurs Gate 2 (if you dont got it on pc), Fable the lost chapters

Action/shooters - Ninja Gaiden Black, Halo, Halo 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Crimson Skies, Mech Assualt

Most Racers and Fighters you can just find newer better versions on 360 already (Burnout, Forza, Moto GP, DoA, ETC)

Thanks OP, I picked up Jade Empire LE, Star Wars KOTOR, and Prince of Persia Sands of Time for $17. They all had their original cases and discs in good condition. KOTOR was missing the instructions but I can live with that. :)

[quote name='MyNameIsWalrus']Thanks OP, I picked up Jade Empire LE, Star Wars KOTOR, and Prince of Persia Sands of Time for $17. They all had their original cases and discs in good condition. KOTOR was missing the instructions but I can live with that. :)[/quote]

Did they make you use the coupon as a buy 2 get 1?
Or maybe you just saw 3 great games and couldn't pass up?

i'm gonna have to stop by during lunch tomorrow. i was curious as to why so many people wanted to pick up sonic mega collection. then i looked it up and wow! they have the game gear sonics AND comix zone! nice collection.

[quote name='raginasian85']i'm gonna have to stop by during lunch tomorrow. i was curious as to why so many people wanted to pick up sonic mega collection. then i looked it up and wow! they have the game gear sonics AND comix zone! nice collection.[/quote]

did minimal research and found out it's got the first 3 sonic the hedgehogs (the ones from genesis) along with alotta other games http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=950624

If it was available in my area, I'd totally get it but I don't have that option

...well yea. i meant in addition to the obvious ones. its pretty much got all of the sonics for genesis and game gear. i wonder how gross sonic for game gear would look on my 42" lcd though haha

So I found a copy of Futurama with case and instructions at one GS today. I bought it and I'm going to check out a couple other local GS to see if they have another one to double up. $29.99 for a used game is really high.

I got Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for only $10 total. Freaking awesome. Also, Splinter Cell only costs $2.

Picked up Halo 2 and Ninja Gaiden Black. The case for Black wasn't in the best condition but the Halo case was in great condition. Both had their manual. Manager had to enter the coupon manually.

[quote name='DesertFox']Did they make you use the coupon as a buy 2 get 1?
Or maybe you just saw 3 great games and couldn't pass up?[/quote]
They rang it up as a buy 1 get 1. I was going to come back another day and use the coupon again but I couldn't find a fourth game. :whistle2:( $17 for three great games still isn't a bad price though. :)

bread's done
Back