B1G1 Used Xbox Games at GS (1/11 - 1/17) YMMV (B2G1 not)

Armenius

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
YMMV:
GameStopCoupon.jpg

Not:
EBC3004298.jpg

/rant

This is exactly why I dislike GS.

You put out the coupon, how much can you lose? If any? They pay pennies on the dollar per Xbox game, but mainstream America takes it to upgrade to the next "new" thing.

Ugh, I'm gonna keep sticking to them. Everytime I drive buy a GS, I will try to use one of these coupons. =D

/rant

I snagged Stubbs and Darkwatch for $14 and some change yesterday. Sucks about the deal being invalid now since I was gonna go back tomorrow and get Time Splitters3 and whatever else was about the same cost. I'm betting it's been long enough that they'll start refusing it...Unless someone else wants to test their luck :D

And here I thought it was them just trying to get rid of most of their used stock to make way for shit that sold well.

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']/rant

You put out the coupon, how much can you lose? If any? They pay pennies on the dollar per Xbox game, but mainstream America takes it to upgrade to the next "new" thing.

Ugh, I'm gonna keep sticking to them. Everytime I drive buy a GS, I will try to use one of these coupons. =D

/rant[/quote]

I've actually had good luck with GameStop, but it does tick me off when they change their promotions and then give you a hard time when you try to play by the original rules.

This is just like last year's "$5 off any used game" that was quickly changed to "...over $10".

I'm taking back a game today, I'm probably going to try and use it again just to see what happens. They had a nice copy of Jade Empire Limited Edition for $8, I'm sure I can find something else cheap.

[quote name='AzN_BaLLeR']/rant

/rant[/QUOTE]
I'm going to guess you don't understand the origin of the "/rant" nomenclature, considering the fact that you ended the rant before you started it.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I was just thinking, how does GS/EB post record profits every quarter and then F up this type of stuff.[/QUOTE]

GS/EB's record profits are the reason they do stuff like this - they're making money hand-over-fist from the cattle-like public that buy used games high and sell low, so they don't need to implement policies that force their employees to be mindful of what they're doing. Carelessness is making them piles of cash; what incentive do they have to be careful?

[quote name='Riyonuk']So will this still work? Or will they think I'm trying to scam them?[/quote]

They won't think you are trying to scam. It was there mistake it went out in an email. If they ask you just say that you got it on the email then they will just adjust it like they have been doing.

Oh wow, I just used the B1G1 free coupon yesterday and thought the coupon was supposed to not work.

I mean, last time I used a coupon it was for the free game with purchase of a gamecube and that one didn't work automatically.

Good thing the workers at my local Gamestop are nice like that to me! :)

I got House of the Dead III and Black for free, both are really good so far!

[quote name='Riyonuk']So will this still work? Or will they think I'm trying to scam them?[/QUOTE]
They didn't think I was trying to scam them. They had seen the coupon before, just did the manual override and I was fine.

YMMV.

[quote name='nwaugh']GS/EB's record profits are the reason they do stuff like this - they're making money hand-over-fist from the cattle-like public that buy used games high and sell low, so they don't need to implement policies that force their employees to be mindful of what they're doing. Carelessness is making them piles of cash; what incentive do they have to be careful?[/quote]
No, I agree. They probably put the coupon out there to drive as many people in as possible over the weekend waiting to offer $20 for all those new games people got for the Holidays so they could sell them used for $54.99. Once they realized alot of people were using the coupon they just switched it out. People will still come in and trade their games away even if its the B2G1 coupon out there. If they have to manually override the system and honor some of the B1G1 so be it...

[quote name='sp00ge']Even with this mess up, they probably still turned a profit on every game sold/given away.[/quote]
True, their inventory cost was probably a dollar or two per game at this point. Even if they lost a buck or two you can afford to do so when you are making $35+ on each used copy of new games you can flip.

This is why I only buy from GS/EB when its a B2G1, B1G1 or B2G2 deal and I NEVER trade in games.

Went at lunch today and used the coupon with no problem. In fact, he did NOT have to manually override the price. He just scanned it and it automatically took off one of the games. Yesterday, I used the same coupon and they did have to manually override it.

Maybe corporate finally just decided to let the B1G1 slide?

Worked yesterday for me. Grabbed KOTOR, Fable: TLC, MGS: Substance, and Hunter: The Reckoning for just under $15. Sweet as could be. All were in pristince condition too.

Hopefully the other local GS will have Conker and NGB.

[quote name='awp']Went at lunch today and used the coupon with no problem. In fact, he did NOT have to manually override the price. He just scanned it and it automatically took off one of the games. Yesterday, I used the same coupon and they did have to manually override it.

Maybe corporate finally just decided to let the B1G1 slide?[/QUOTE]

Wow, wonderful news. Either they f'd up again, or ... god knows what.

I will try confirm in a few hours.

[quote name='Armenius'] I've changed the coupon on the front page to the coupon saved by chasemurata (Thanks!).[/quote]
You sure it was chasemurata? :lol:
:p

On Topic: I think I'll hit up my other GS tonight to see if I can find another two games. The store I went to the other day seemed to be running low on xbox games. They used to have tons, but the last time I was in a Gamestop before sunday was April. :mrgreen:

can someone construct a printable sheet (pdf, perhaps) of these coupons... maybe one in color and one in b&w? i'd do it, but i don't have photoshop installed right now and i'd like to not waste so much ink and paper

[quote name='MyNameIsWalrus']You sure it was chasemurata? :lol:
:p

On Topic: I think I'll hit up my other GS tonight to see if I can find another two games. The store I went to the other day seemed to be running low on xbox games. They used to have tons, but the last time I was in a Gamestop before sunday was April. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Sorry Walrus, I was fixing this last night with a desperate need of sleep. Must have seen the wrong name or something.

Used the coupon today with no trouble. Got KOF Neowave as well as SW-KOTOR 1 as so many people recommended it here. I'll blame you all if I hate KOTOR. LOL!

Also they was pricing down the hint books (no idea where they came from as they don't normally sell them at my store). They actually threw out Disgea guide right in front of me into a bin and it was priced at 9.99. No idea if that's considered a good sale, but I wanted it none the less and cover price was just too much to pay for it in the past. It's been about 8 years since I managed to get a guide at 1 penny at EB games, so I thought not to chance it as I'll probably never see this one again in the wild. So people may want to check the guides today as well for sales. They had a few 360 ones marked down to 9.99 including that Dragonball Z looking RPG guide, something or other Blue. I'm guessing the others was not RPG, or I would have remembered those.

[quote name='zenintrude']can someone construct a printable sheet (pdf, perhaps) of these coupons... maybe one in color and one in b&w? i'd do it, but i don't have photoshop installed right now and i'd like to not waste so much ink and paper[/quote]
I took a crack at making a few coupon sheets.

I could only fit 2 full sized coupons on a page:

couponsheet22.png

Or 3 3/4 sized ones:

couponsheet11.png

Or 8 1/2 sized coupons (AKA teh motherload):

couponsheet33.png

I dunno if these will help or not, but I tried. :D

[quote name='Armenius']Sorry Walrus, I was fixing this last night with a desperate need of sleep. Must have seen the wrong name or something.[/quote]
No problem, I was just messing around with you a bit.

Thanks Walrus, printed out the middle one time to go to the 3 gamestops within 5 minutes of each other to load up on RPGs :) and JAWS to trade into blockbuster heh

worked fine had no trouble at all for me got 2 sniper elite and i think the district manager was there. over heard them talking about some in store contest and other GS crap.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Thanks Walrus, printed out the middle one time to go to the 3 gamestops within 5 minutes of each other to load up on RPGs :) and JAWS to trade into blockbuster heh[/QUOTE]

Wish I could get in on some JAWS action. All six of the Gamestops in my immediate area have been wiped clean. Any other Xbox goodies for Blockbuster trade-in fodder?

The guy working the register at the Gamestop I went to put in the coupon code and then threw the coupon away. He then proceeded to charge me full price. It was amusing when he had to get it out of the trash and apply the coupon manually.

I too can confirm that the B1G1 is working fine now. Went to 2 GS; the coupon printout didn't scan at either, but they manually punched in the code, and it worked fine. Between the two, picked up SC: Pandora Tomorrow, Full Spectrum Warrior, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Ghost Recon 2 for less than $10.
Thanks, OP!

Found Phantom Dust tonight, so I grabbed that and DOA3, hopefully DOA is as fun as I remember. Never tried Phantom Dust, but I hear great things, and if it's bad, I'm only out $2.40.

Gotta love how GS keeps printing these typos and fixing them during the last few days.

Reminds me of that one coupon last year that was "$5 off any used GameCube title" and later became "$5 off any $14.99 and up used GameCube title." I abused the HELL out of the first print so hard.

Mmm, I'll be trying this out probably tomorrow. I've wanted to get DOAX and Voodoo Vince and they are both conviently in one store near me. How nice.

On a different note, I hope we get another B2G1F on all games. I noticed a store about 20 minutes away has Futurama, Fatal Frame 3, and Shadow Hearts. Oh yes, I can hear the jealousy from everyone wanting those. :p

Yes, the B1G1 definitely still works, and as previously stated, by using the code, not just a manual override.
I couldn't help but try to use the coupon again when I saw different employees working , so I picked up
Beyond Good and Evil & MOH Rising Sun. Not necessarily great games, but interesting ones nonetheless,
considering the total of $7.

So if something isn't on the 360 compatibility list online it won't work? Never actually tried any older games on the system so I'm figuring out how it works.

>>>NVM. MMM power of the internet search engine!.

[quote name='Chronis']
On a different note, I hope we get another B2G1F on all games. I noticed a store about 20 minutes away has Futurama, Fatal Frame 3, and Shadow Hearts. Oh yes, I can hear the jealousy from everyone wanting those. :p[/quote]

Wrong system, but I do want to check out the FFrame and Shadow Hearts series. They took down FFrame 1 and 2 for the XB off of GS's website, so I couldn't even try to order them online with this coupon--which might not have worked anyway come to think of it.

[quote name='DesertFox']Yes, the B1G1 definitely still works, and as
Beyond Good and Evil & MOH Rising Sun. Not necessarily great games, but interesting ones nonetheless,
considering the total of $7.[/quote]

What? BG&E is amazing :(

Today's Haul:
CV: Curse of Darkness+Timesplitters 3 - $10
Lok: Defiance+Psi-Ops - $5 (no copies of Shenmue 2 left)

I feel like a cheap bastard now :cool:

[quote name='contej85']Never tried Phantom Dust, but I hear great things, and if it's bad, I'm only out $2.40.[/quote]

Yeah, but sometimes a game can be SO horrible that the $2.40 hurts.

Case in point: Robocop for Xbox.

I LOVE the original Robocop. I only wanted an average/below-average FPS with clips of movie music...I got a broken FPS with techo music:cry:

I don't think Robocop works on my Xbox anyway;)

Well, I've officially abused the crap out of this coupon. All in all I picked up Black, Pariah, Kill.Switch, Full Spectrum Warrior, Breakdown, Red Dead Revolver, Fable, and the Jade Empire LE for around $50 total. Considering I spent more than that on one game for the 360 or PS3, I'll definetely call this a deal.

Got:

Sonic Mega Collection
Shenmue II

Tried to get a few copies fo Jaws but the guy said that they were "new" which was odd.

Wish I could find a Panzer Dragoon Orta but there is tomorrow for one last try (did find a Futurama and Jurassic Park Operation but they were at two different stores)

But hey I got Shenmue II with the DVD is outstanding condition (the cashier said that he was going to pick it up when he got off)

[quote name='joshnorm']Got:

Sonic Mega Collection
Shenmue II

Tried to get a few copies fo Jaws but the guy said that they were "new" which was odd.

Wish I could find a Panzer Dragoon Orta but there is tomorrow for one last try (did find a Futurama and Jurassic Park Operation but they were at two different stores)

But hey I got Shenmue II with the DVD is outstanding condition (the cashier said that he was going to pick it up when he got off)[/quote]

Sonic Mega Collection is soo much fun

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Just wondering, to anyone who bought Panzer Dragoon Orta, did your's come with a manual?

Mine didn't. And it's buggin' me![/QUOTE]

Yep, mine did.
If it's bugging you, two possible solutions: One would be http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php, as previously posted in this thread by richdmoore. PDO is on there, and the scanned manual looked fine at a quick glance. The other way would be to check GS.com to see if another store has a copy, then either call or go there to see if they have the manual. If they do, then you could try switching it out for your no manual copy. It might take a little work to get the proper combination of case, manual, and a disc in good shape, but I can't see why it wouldn't work (as long as you bring your receipt).

[quote name='joshnorm']
(did find a Futurama and Jurassic Park Operation but they were at two different stores)
[/quote]

But one at one, take it, and return it to the other. Then buy both.

[quote name='DesertFox']I picked up Beyond Good and Evil & MOH Rising Sun. Not necessarily great games, but interesting ones nonetheless,
considering the total of $7.[/QUOTE]
Saying Beyond Good and Evil is a great game would be the understatement of the year. Yes, BG&E isn't "necessarily a great game"; it's a fucking AMAZING game.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Saying Beyond Good and Evil is a great game would be the understatement of the year. Yes, BG&E isn't "necessarily a great game"; it's a fucking AMAZING game.[/quote]
Now I'm really excited to try it out.

When looking for adventure games, I saw it was available in the store locater, but couldn't find it in store.
I found it hidden among a pile of old "m"/"n" sports titles on my second trip (Initially was going to pick up a random 06 sports title).
Much better outcome, I believe.

So I grab the first 3 Splinter Cells at Gamestop today, and Pandora doesn't have a cover. It's cheap, so I don't care too much.

I get the register and as I'm leaving I noticed that the cashier somehow switched Splinter Cell 1 to a no-cover box and put Pandora in a box with a cover...WTF. Looks like I'll be going back tomorrow to find a Splinter Cell 1 with a cover.

If I didn't know better I'd thought I'd just transposed them in my mind and made a mistake, but I know the Splinter Cell 1 box I grabbed was silver (GH), and I left with a no-cover SC1 and regular SC2 and SC3. Sigh...

I haven't been able to find many of the games on my BC list. Indigo Prophecy, Stubbs the Zombie, and Fatal Frame 1 & 2 cannot be found no matter where I look (been to about 6 different Gamestops around Sacramento). Funny thing is that I easily saw used PS2 copies of Indigo Prophecy and FF all over the place...weird.

Has anyone played Scrapland? thinking about grabbing that, tomorrow is the last day for coupon use before expiration.

Damn mine have Indigo Prophecy almost every time I go. I got lucky and found Fatal Frame 2 two months back for 18 bucks. I've never seen Stubbs or Fatal Frame 1. I been having a hard time finding LOTR The Third Age. I don't really feel like ordering it online and haven't had any luck finding it when I go.
I went tonight to a Gamestop my friend works at and he let me use the coupon again.
I picked up Lego Star Wars 2 and Alien vs Predator Extinction (which I just played and hate) I never heard of it before and thought it looked cool. Both for about 18 dollars after tax.

[quote name='plasmid123']Has anyone played Scrapland? thinking about grabbing that, tomorrow is the last day for coupon use before expiration.[/quote]
Yeah, I consider myself lucky to have found a copy of Indigo Prophecy for the xbox - it seems to be a pretty rare find, for some reason.

Also, Scrapland I would call mediocre at best, at least on the xbox (although on the PC you'll have to deal with the digusting junk known as starforce). The game has some serious framerate issues, and while the colorful open world is pretty at first, the races and fights are generally boring and uninspired. Missions have a good bit of humor in them, though, so if you feel you can put up with some of the boring and frustrating open-world missions, I suppose you could give it a shot.

[quote name='Teqonix']Yeah, I consider myself lucky to have found a copy of Indigo Prophecy for the xbox - it seems to be a pretty rare find, for some reason.

Also, Scrapland I would call mediocre at best, at least on the xbox (although on the PC you'll have to deal with the digusting junk known as starforce). The game has some serious framerate issues, and while the colorful open world is pretty at first, the races and fights are generally boring and uninspired. Missions have a good bit of humor in them, though, so if you feel you can put up with some of the boring and frustrating open-world missions, I suppose you could give it a shot.[/quote]

Cool, thanks for the heads up. For $10 I guess I should give it a shot, and plus if I don't like it I'll have a free game to fall back on.

Surprised that GS still lists Psychonauts (used) for $12.99, especially when Microsoft has it available for download on Xbox Live for less.

bread's done
Back