B1G1 Used Xbox Games at GS (1/11 - 1/17) YMMV (B2G1 not)

Armenius

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
YMMV:
GameStopCoupon.jpg

Not:
EBC3004298.jpg

[quote name='plasmid123']Cool, thanks for the heads up. For $10 I guess I should give it a shot, and plus if I don't like it I'll have a free game to fall back on.

Surprised that GS still lists Psychonauts (used) for $12.99, especially when Microsoft has it available for download on Xbox Live for less.[/quote]

It's 1200 points on Xbox live, which is $15. Certainly not cheaper, and you get a tangible copy with a manual and case, with resale value later, and no DRM. I'd say this is one case where GS is offering you a bargain.

I picked up Fatal Frame, Jedi Knight Training Academy, and the GTA trilogy set (which was absolutely mint and complete) GTA is on my tradelist if anyone is interested, since I lucked out at a CC clearance ages ago.

[quote name='NamPaehc']One day left!!!

Going to hunt down Jade Empire and JSRF.[/quote]

Don't bother with JSRF solo, and get the JSRF/Sega GT 2002 hybrid disc. It retailed for $2 when released, and GS is evil and still sells it for that cost used. And here I didn't know it was common and paid a whole $4 or so on half.com a few weeks ago.

One day left, but the stock on hand barely represents the games I want to check out. So far I'm down to crossing my fingers for Shenmue 2 and Second Sight. Lotsa Jade Empire: LE around here for $10, and amusing as it sounds, I just dunno for me.

[quote name='Andrigaar']Don't bother with JSRF solo, and get the JSRF/Sega GT 2002 hybrid disc. It retailed for $2 when released, and GS is evil and still sells it for that cost used. And here I didn't know it was common and paid a whole $4 or so on half.com a few weeks ago.

One day left, but the stock on hand barely represents the games I want to check out. So far I'm down to crossing my fingers for Shenmue 2 and Second Sight. Lotsa Jade Empire: LE around here for $10, and amusing as it sounds, I just dunno for me.[/quote]

Yep, that is the version I'm going for. Didn't know it was $2 to start with.

I was interested in Second Sight too, but I don't see it on the 360 BC list. :cry:

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yep, that is the version I'm going for. Didn't know it was $2 to start with.

I was interested in Second Sight too, but I don't see it on the 360 BC list. :cry:[/quote]

A friend sold me his green Halo XB for $50 with a controller and HD cable. So the past few weeks I've been shelling out money for used games, which isn't that bad since most of the games I want are $8 shipped at Half/Amz :D

A few exceptions, but this accidentally awesome sale has saved me so much I don't mind paying over $10 for the games I can't find.

[quote name='Andrigaar']Don't bother with JSRF solo, and get the JSRF/Sega GT 2002 hybrid disc. It retailed for $2 when released, and GS is evil and still sells it for that cost used.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that combo was only used as a free pack-in for the Xbox, and was never sold separately at retail.

I could be mistaken, but I thought the solo JSRF disk was BC and the hybrid disk was not BC. At least that is what I remember hearing when JSRF was added to the BC list some time ago.

[quote name='elmyra']I'm pretty sure that combo was only used as a free pack-in for the Xbox, and was never sold separately at retail.[/quote]

Guess so. I was just skimming ye olde search engines to find out if the combo disc was missing anything, and the $2 part stuck to mind.

Last day of the sale. Probably worth one last pass by the local stores. 3 of them are within a mile of each other.

[quote name='contej85']It's 1200 points on Xbox live, which is $15. Certainly not cheaper, and you get a tangible copy with a manual and case, with resale value later, and no DRM. I'd say this is one case where GS is offering you a bargain.[/quote]

Oh wow, nevermind about what I said.

Finally found Indigo Prophecy today and got MegaMan Anniversary for free.

I just got Psychonauts and Jade Empire for about $12. They are both in like-new/complete condition too. Man, I was SO happy to find them!

Ugh.

I had Star Wars: KotOR and Jade Empire in my hands. But I didn't buy either one. Why?

KotOR was missing its instruction manual (I actually read those) while the case's plastic was tearing and every Jade Empire they had in stock had the crappy, generic GameStop case.

DAMMIT!

grabbed jade empire l.e. (mint) and karaoke revolution for $7.50... unfortunately, karaoke turned out not to be backwards compatible, so that will get exchanged for something else... damnation

[quote name='twen']I own the JSRF double disc and works fine on my 360.[/quote]

Okay thanks that is good to hear.

I grabbed JSRF/Sega GT 2002 combo pack and Shenmu II.

Then Jade Empire and Panzer Dragon Orta.

All of the cases are in decent repair and all of them have manuals which look new. Only Shenmu's case I think isn't the orignal because it has two disc and only one spot for them. Pretty sure it came with a fold over disc holder.

Cool to see people interested in Indigo Prophecy. I was playing though it on my PS3 (ps2 version of course) but it locks up and hangs after a good while. So I need to drag my PS2 out and finally finish that but it is an interesting game.

I did pretty good during this promotion. I started off getting Syberia II and Dai Senryaku on Monday. Then it was Pariah and XIII on Wednesday. Then today I hit two different GS's. At the first I picked up Magic the Gathering Battlegrounds with Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. At the second store I got D & D Heroes and Dreamfall the Longest Journey.

Yea, I hit this hard again today to take advantage of the last day. Alot of the local stores are really thin with quality xbox games. Most stuff is old sports games in the bargain bins. Didn't find JSRF though, w hich is one I'm still looking for.

I picked up Ninja Gaiden and KotOR. Edge card stacked with the deal. NG was complete, however, KotOR was disc only. Still, both game discs were in great condition so I'm happy.

This coupon was really good to build up a collection
My haul
The Guy game(;) ) & Indigo prophecy
Shenmue 2(complete with movie) & Outlaw volleyball
Penzer dragoon & Outlaw golf 2
Fatal frame 1 & 2 (found at same store - unbelievable!!)

[quote name='jug_head_4ever']This coupon was really good to build up a collection
My haul
The Guy game(;) ) & Indigo prophecy
Shenmue 2(complete with movie) & Outlaw volleyball
Penzer dragoon & Outlaw golf 2
Fatal frame 1 & 2 (found at same store - unbelievable!!)[/quote]

Grrrr...the fatal frame games (as well as the silent hill games) were the only ones I didn't get out of this deal. Ended up with 10 game :) what a deal, Gamestop has really redeamed itself with these coupons recently.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Pretty sure it came with a fold over disc holder.[/QUOTE]

Like most 2 DVD games? Yep. I bought Shenmue II new awhile back.

Picked up Sid Meier's Pirates! and Sonic Mega Collection the other day. Then I went in my email cause I was going to print another copy and saw it had changed. Didn't remember if I had read it wrong the first time or what. Pretty slick how they updated it on the website.

bread's done
Back