B2G1 Free deals, how often do they turn up?

Drkr_Zen

CAGiversary!
I'm just curious... I never really watch for them, as I either shop at GameStop or Amazon.com for my gaming needs. But I saw that TRU and Best Buy recently had one, both fairly close to one another. I took part in the Best Buy one, but there's a few November releases, three in particular, that I'm now interested in and I'm considering just biding my time, since I'm in no rush.

Do they turn up fairly often? Or, was that just out of the ordinary for two retailers to have such a deal so close to one another?

Also, I apologize, in advance, if this isn't the correct place to post this thread.

You just missed the amazon one too actually. I don't have any real knowledge on the matter, but intuition tells me the three-in-a-row was mostly competition and this isn't a regular occurrence. You might want to keep an eye on black friday instead, as amazon doesn't disappoint there.

TRU typically has 1-2 per year. Best Buy has just started doing them recently, but they are rare. Given the exploitation of the Best Buy B2G1 that occurred, you can almost bet that they don't do another one. Amazon is random, since they tend to match or at least attempt to compete with whoever else is running a sale. They didn't match this last weeks B2G1 from Target on Wii titles however.

In other words, it's generally a crap shoot when they will have a B2G1 at any given time. Given the state of the economy, I'd expect that we'd see more of them if this holiday season is abysmal.

[quote name='mtxbass1']TRU typically has 1-2 per year. Best Buy has just started doing them recently, but they are rare. Given the exploitation of the Best Buy B2G1 that occurred, you can almost bet that they don't do another one. Amazon is random, since they tend to match or at least attempt to compete with whoever else is running a sale. They didn't match this last weeks B2G1 from Target on Wii titles however.

In other words, it's generally a crap shoot when they will have a B2G1 at any given time. Given the state of the economy, I'd expect that we'd see more of them if this holiday season is abysmal.[/QUOTE]

Well Best Buy can't blame anyone but themselves for messing it up (at least they didn't see my pre-order and cancel it... yay).

But like mtxbass1 said they are just kind of random (except TRU i think they are around the same time as the previous years), but since we have been seeing so many now i could imagine we will see about the same amount next year.

Even without the B2G1 free though you can still find about as good of deals some times.

Just about every year TRU has one just before Halloween and GS has one day after Thanksgiving and the weekend. Everything else as said previous is fairly random however, with the economy as it is I would not be surprised if we see more before xmas.

Thanks for the information, guys. Like I said, I don't have much experience with them, except partaking in one at TRU when RE4 had come out and the most recent time at Best Buy, so I was just curious. With Xmas coming up and a few more November releases coming about, it'd sure be nice to have one more.

bread's done
Back