B2G1 Free On All HD DVD's - 12/23 - 12/29 @ Best Buy & BestBuy.com

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
I saw this on the HighDefDigest.com forums but wanted to wait for Speedy's confirmation before making a thread....

[quote name='speedy1961']

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HD-DVD Discs are Buy Two & Get One Free :

Purchases must be on the same receipt and offer EXCLUDES TV series and box sets // Offer varies online

Free Discs must be of equal or lesser value // $34.99 or less

More Titles Available In Store & Online

Inside Man >>>> $24.99

IMAX: Blue Planet >>>> $24.99

Batman Begins >>>> $24.99

Transformers >>>> $29.99

The Bourne Ultimatum >>>> $29.99

Balls Of Fury >>>> $29.99

Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix >>>> $32.99

Stardust >>>> $34.99

Pan’s Labyrinth >>>> $32.99

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**************************************************************[/quote]

It's confirmed! Not as good as a B1G1 but way better than nothing since these sales are very rare for us Red supporters.

Going to go with:

Bourne Ultimatum
Blade Runner - 5disc collectible
Shooter

Hope BR is ok to include

[quote name='xcoax']Hearing people getting Eastern Promises and The Kingdom in store gives me a little more hope about my trip to Best Buy later today.[/QUOTE]

As predicted, the In-store pickup process was a complete debacle. I ordered Blade Runner to be shipped since they didn't have it in stock on the site and had Eastern Promises and The Kingdom for pickup. The website charged full price for all of them, so I figured they would take one off when I got there. The salesperson was completely oblivious to the B2GO deal and told me to just call the 800 number and have them fix it. It was then that I noticed they had pulled the DVD version of Eastern Promises.

So I proceeded to return that order since they weren't giving me one free and one of the titles was completely wrong. I go back in the back and they have all three of my choices in stock. I took them to the regular register and bought them and everything worked out perfectly. So basically I wasted 45 minutes and have to return a random copy of Blade Runner they're shipping me thanks to using in-store pickup. Next time I'm just going to go to the store and press my luck.

Heres my haul for the day.

104 bucks

Kingdom
Hot Rod
Eastern Promises
Black Snake Moan
Heartbreak Kid
Balls of fury

So roughly 18 bucks a pop for 6.

Not bad :)

Okay, I bit.

Old School
Achorman
HP Goblet

$52 total with in-store pick-up. Let's see if they have it ready on Xmas eve a couple of hours before the store closes.

Edit: Not a bad deal, but Amazon's prices are a lot cheaper on most of the movies listed I noticed. With the three I want, including tax, its actually more expensive at BB than at Amazon with no promotion.

Holy freaking crap!!! Just partook of the B2G1 promo at the BestBuy in Orange, CT...and they REALLY made me work for it.

Two cashiers (and two managers) kept trying to claim that 'Blade Runner' was a 'box set' (and, therefore, not eligible for the promo). WTF?!?!

I DID manage to get them to price match Toys R' Us' $129.99 price point for the 360 HD-DVD player. Mwuh-hahaha!

[quote name='paradoxikus']Holy freaking crap!!! Just partook of the B2G1 promo at the BestBuy in Orange, CT...and they REALLY made me work for it.

Two cashiers (and two managers) kept trying to claim that 'Blade Runner' was a 'box set' (and, therefore, not eligible for the promo). WTF?!?!

I DID manage to get them to price match Toys R' Us' $129.99 price point for the 360 HD-DVD player. Mwuh-hahaha![/QUOTE]
were you buying 3 blade runner box sets?

I got Planet Earth, Harry Potter and Eastern Promises. When the lady rang them up I asked if there was a buy 2 get one and she said OH YEA and gave me Eastern for free.

bread's done
Back