B2G1 Used Games & Accessories at Gamestop this weekend - 12/10-12/13

ZeroGS

CAG Veteran
Giving you guys a heads up, Buy two & get one free on USED games and accessories at Gamestop this weekend starting Thursday. Enjoy and for GS employees, this DOES NOT chain with your extra 10% this weekend for employee appreciation.

Have fun!

Use coupon code B2G1FREE to get the deal online:http://www.gamestop.com/preowned

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Bought a used DJ Hero in the box for $59.99, Modern Warefare 2, and Left 4 Dead 2. Later I traded in Left 4 Dead 2 and Modern Warefare 2 for $78 (30+30+EDGE+Bonus). So I got DJ hero for $32 in store credit. I literally have every single $54.99 game and $49.99 game for the ps3, 360, and wii. Otherwise I would have just kept all 3 games.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Gamestop = pwned

[quote name='WTFer']Good Luck, everything is vastly over-priced in Gamestop compared to anywhere online.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I am in the minority on this as well -- but feel this is not much of a deal. For example. the had assaisns creed for PS3 for $24.99 and a quick search online you can find it for $12.99 with no tax and free shipping. They also wanted $24.99 for Army of Two. All new games like Forza 3 where $59.95 when you can find many at $39.95 online.

I am sure their may be some good deals, but I did not find any and went home and purchased online and got a better deal.

I keep an excel spreadsheet with deals printed out with me so a quick look can tell me if i should even bother.

I picked up Assassin's Creed, Bioshock and Dead Space for my 360 with some flips.
Man, five dollars at HWV can go a long way when you have a GC at your disposal!

I have a question. Say I wanted to return just one of the used games I got in the B2G1 promo for in-store credit or something(within seven days). Can I do that or do I have to return all three games?

[quote name='dann']I have a question. Say I wanted to return just one of the used games I got in the B2G1 promo for in-store credit or something(within seven days). Can I do that or do I have to return all three games?[/QUOTE]

If you get caught, you'll likely go to jail for fraud.

That's why I made sure to ask first, before I do anything that might constitute crossing the line.

[quote name='gordojones88']If you get caught, you'll likely go to jail for fraud.[/QUOTE]

I'd think so as well. They have to have some sort of policy in place to protect against that...

I picked up Assassin's Creed and the Sonic Genesis Collection for 360, and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 for PS2 for around $45 in credit.

I think the clerk was upset he didn't get to DS2 first. I might have even felt a little bad about it, if some of their other employees weren't acting like douchebags lately...

[quote name='dann']That's why I made sure to ask first, before I do anything that might constitute crossing the line.[/QUOTE]

Yup, its crossing the line.

Buy three games you want, or don't take advantage of the deal at all. :)

I got all the games I had picked out, so my Christmas season is over and so is my game buying until God of War III. Yup. Awesome year this year.

Hey yal I got fable 2 , left 4 dead, and MK vs DC. I asked the cashier to give me the discs that don't have slot of scratches. when I got to my car,
I was like sh1t there's many small scratches on the
disc. It is worth keeping scratched disc especially 360? Coz I'm
afraid it might froZe after I play for many hours.

[quote name='gordojones88']If you get caught, you'll likely go to jail for fraud.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Gamestop police will come to his house & arrest him.

[quote name='TurboPascal']Perhaps I am in the minority on this as well -- but feel this is not much of a deal. For example. the had assaisns creed for PS3 for $24.99 and a quick search online you can find it for $12.99 with no tax and free shipping. They also wanted $24.99 for Army of Two. All new games like Forza 3 where $59.95 when you can find many at $39.95 online.
[/QUOTE]

It just depends on the deal at the time. I just got Forza 3 and Left 4 Dead 2 (New) from them for ~$35 /per with free shipping... and got 2 $10 coupons. So I'm into those two games for $50? Seems like a good GS deal to me.

I don't think he would go to jail though. It wouldn't be on nearly a large enough scale. Heavy fine, yes, but jail? for a $50 case of fraud? I think the courts have bigger fish to fry.

Here's where I stand though:

I got GTA IV, MGS IV, and SF IV for $26.99 each in the B2G1 promo today.

I want to trade in SF IV and add $18.00 for a used BlazBlue(44.99). Apparently my younger brother already has SFIV as a Christmas gift and wanted BlazBlue instead.

If I compare the price total for both sets of three games, it comes out to the same thing as I get BlazBlue and GTA IV with MGS IV as the free game. I just have to pay the price difference to upgrade the 26.99 game to a 44.99 game.

Can I do that without violating any rules or committing fraud?

Thanks for your replies guys. This is my first B2G1 purchase off Gamestop, and I don't really have much experience in these matters.

Usually the receipt would indicate that the game/s you bought was a part of a promotion.
If the employee sees this, they would usually let you bring back all the games.
But if the promotion is still ongoing they would let you rebuy the games plus the one you want in exchange of the game you don't want.
But always make sure to ask anyway since employee temperament is not universally good...
that made me a bit nauseous @_@

[quote name='dann']Here's where I stand though:

I got GTA IV, MGS IV, and SF IV for $26.99 each in the B2G1 promo today.

I want to trade in SF IV and add $18.00 for a used BlazBlue(44.99). Apparently my younger brother already has SFIV as a Christmas gift and wanted BlazBlue instead.

If I compare the price total for both sets of three games, it comes out to the same thing as I get BlazBlue and GTA IV with MGS IV as the free game. I just have to pay the price difference to upgrade the 26.99 game to a 44.99 game.

Can I do that without violating any rules or committing fraud?

Thanks for your replies guys. This is my first B2G1 purchase off Gamestop, and I don't really have much experience in these matters.[/QUOTE]

Um, I was joking before. Yes, you can return and pay the difference. Read your receipt. You usually have 7 days, but in this case till Jan 15 to return, exchange, or upgrade your games. Just go in and tell them what you want to do.

Ok then. I thought you were being serious earlier.

Thanks for all the informative replies everyone. I appreciate it.

Are you kidding me? I'd say at the most your account would be suspended...But even I doubt that as in GS' eyes I've probably done much worse before and I'm still viewed as a "valued" customer...Even though selling me games has lost Gamestop money.

You can definately return 1 game without it being against any law. Whether they allow the return is another matter. They really shouldn't, but they do at my local store all the time. The past couple times I bought games I knew I'd be done with quickly, it was the clerk & even the manager that suggested to me that I bring it back. And both times I brought it back to exchange for something else, it was again the workers that said they'd just put the credit back on my card.

Now, ymmv of course, but it's certainly possible.

[quote name='Gertle627']You can definately return 1 game without it being against any law. Whether they allow the return is another matter. They really shouldn't, but they do at my local store all the time. The past couple times I bought games I knew I'd be done with quickly, it was the clerk & even the manager that suggested to me that I bring it back. And both times I brought it back to exchange for something else, it was again the workers that said they'd just put the credit back on my card.

Now, ymmv of course, but it's certainly possible.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, anyone thinking it'll be jail time for returning a game that was free, for credit, is thinking wrong.

It'd be like a cashier mistakenly handing you $40 extra after checking out. It's not fraud on your part because it was the cashier's mistake. It may be a moral dilemma...But really, we're talking about GS here, their business is to make money off of the ninnies who show up to get $15 store credit for a game they paid $60 for two-weeks prior. I don't think their corporate culture, nor employees are really thinking about moral dilemmas.

Fraud would be something more along the lines of taking a broken console into GS and trading it in. Although, even that's shady at best. I doubt they'd have the cops after you for such an instance.

Any other input on this? Because i bought Batman AA and I am not sure if I want to keep it (mostly because I think I will beat it before 7 days). It was not the free game but it was during the B2G1... so anyone else have any experience with this?

Fraud requires deliberate lying on your part. If you walk up and say "I want to return this" and the person just does it, the employee broke company policy, but technically you have done no wrong. Is it immoral? Sure, and I certainly wouldn't do it, but enforcing company policies is the responsibility of the employees, not the customer. This is lost on many CAGs.
Ah, semantics, gotta love it.

[quote name='strikeratt']This deal isn't online is it?[/QUOTE]

If it was, you'd have a selection of about 20 3 year-old titles ranging for the impressive Bullet Witch to Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom. Wow...

But really, Gamestop's online selection has been sucking ass ever since they implemented the "complete product" policy.

[quote name='strikeratt']This deal isn't online is it?[/QUOTE]
Right now the online selection is terrible, there are less than 10 PS3 games, and not many Wii games either. I guess there are a lot of 360 games, but for everyone else online offers next to nothing.

Wow, let me just add, really 344 360 games compared to 8 for the PS3, and 25 for Wii? Really? Why would there be such a huge difference. I am hoping they are stocking up for this.

wiii games got raided during last b2g1 and ps3 section never has used games they are scratch resistant so not many get turned in

I guess I'll ask again ... this deal isn't online is it?

Condemed, Condemed 2, and Farcry Instincts / Predator are in stock ...

[quote name='killer9']wiii games got raided during last b2g1 and ps3 section never has used games they are scratch resistant so not many get turned in[/QUOTE]

Also just curious, how would games being scratch resistant make people decide not to trade them in? I've never been in a GS with an impresive PS3 selection, guess people have to buy the games first ;) Yea I said it.

lol every store has ps3 games new and used the online side always fails maybe they cannot stockpile enough like the 360 side

[quote name='strikeratt']I've never been in a GS with an impresive PS3 selection, guess people have to buy the games first ;) Yea I said it.[/QUOTE]
Ok, there may be some truth to that, but not 344-8. The 360 has not been that much more successful. And what about Wii? The Wii crushes all, does it not?

[quote name='ackbar7']Ok, there may be some truth to that, but not 344-8. The 360 has not been that much more successful. And what about Wii? The Wii crushes all, does it not?[/QUOTE]

Yea true ... but Wii has a large amount of games made for kids and games bought for kids I'd say. Most kids aren't going to trade in their games :D Most stores I go into there's more games by system in this order: Xbox 360, Wii, PS3. DS has quite a bit normally as well ... and PS2 at older stores just take over half a wall.

Just looked it up ... Xbox 360 sells more software wise, at least during this month but I'm sure there's plenty other times it did as well

[quote name='gordojones88']
If you get caught, you'll likely go to jail for fraud.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thehoweller']
Are you kidding me?
[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='ackbar7']Right now the online selection is terrible, there are less than 10 PS3 games, and not many Wii games either. I guess there are a lot of 360 games, but for everyone else online offers next to nothing.[/QUOTE]

XBOX 360:

Fallout 3 - 24.99
Left 4 Dead - 22.99
Resident Evil 5 - 27.99
Halo Wars - 32.99

Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Bioshock - 17.99 each

soo, I'd say 360 users could make out all right yeah.. I personally might dump a few games tomorrow, take a giftcard home and order all those, just hopefully they don't go outta stock, so i might just buy them in store, even though they're slightly more expensive :\

but my store does have a mint Batman for cheapish now, may grab that with two others.

[quote name='foxhunt99']Anyone get it to work online?[/QUOTE]

Nah it's just saying "The discount limit for the coupon entered has been exceeded" whenever you enter the code.

damn it i have the 3 games in my cart i want if i go away for a few hours and come back later when this works i know they will be sold out

Called my local eb and verified B2g1 this weekend my haul will be catch up on old and overlooked

Wolverine and 2 of the following

Rise of the Argonauts
Velvet Assassin
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Far Cry Evolution (haven't played since xbox 1 ready to play again)
Batman AA

I got some games for my new PS3 (with 10% edge discount):

Demon's Souls 49.49
Borderlands 49.49
Uncharted II (free)

Plus I had 62$ in store credit

Did I do well?

damn, I would totally go for Uncharted 2, Ass Creed 2, and something else, but I have no time to hit up a couple gamestops to put it all together.

Thinking about picking up AC2 MW2 and Saboteur, but at 49.99 a piece I don't know if I'll even bother. The problem is that i am getting spoiled buying games for 9.99 new/used. Don't know if I should even bother buying those when I can just rent them.

[quote name='Bad']I got some games for my new PS3 (with 10% edge discount):

Demon's Souls 49.49
Borderlands 49.49
Uncharted II (free)

Plus I had 62$ in store credit

Did I do well?[/QUOTE]

You owned their asses.

Aside for the fact that Borderlands isn't worth that much. Don't get me wrong, it's a shit-ton of fun...But not $50 worth of it.

[quote name='thehoweller']You owned their asses.

Aside for the fact that Borderlands isn't worth that much. Don't get me wrong, it's a shit-ton of fun...But not $50 worth of it.[/QUOTE]

Well it was between Borderlands and Tekken 6, they didn't really have much else at that price point. After reading some less than stellar reviews of Tekken I went for Borderlands.

I'm sorry but i have to put my two cents in concerning the little fraud debate going on in the posts a little back. Anybody who thinks that returning a game from this b2g1 sale is committing fraud is absolutely foolish. When you go into a store and ask to return something and they allow it, that is on them. You cannot be held responsible. GS has always been absolutely foolish for not changing their system to give you a 33.33% discount on your purchase of 3/6/9/etc games. This sale is marketed as B2G1 free but who are you kidding, the game is clearly not free. you made a purchase GS just took less profit from the overall sale to get you to buy in the first place. It's incredible how unintelligent people are when it comes to a sale like this. If GS put 35% off your purchase of used games when you buy 3 or more this weekend. Most people would overlook the sale and not even consider it. Throw the word free somewhere in the title and bam all the sudden you have a great deal. As far as I'm concerned you don't like one of the games you bought take it back get credit for it and look there you just got B1G1 free or 50% off whichever sounds better to you.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']I'm sorry but i have to put my two cents in concerning the little fraud debate going on in the posts a little back. Anybody who thinks that returning a game from this b2g1 sale is committing fraud is absolutely foolish. When you go into a store and ask to return something and they allow it, that is on them. You cannot be held responsible. GS has always been absolutely foolish for not changing their system to give you a 33.33% discount on your purchase of 3/6/9/etc games. This sale is marketed as B2G1 free but who are you kidding, the game is clearly not free. you made a purchase GS just took less profit from the overall sale to get you to buy in the first place. It's incredible how unintelligent people are when it comes to a sale like this. If GS put 35% off your purchase of used games when you buy 3 or more this weekend. Most people would overlook the sale and not even consider it. Throw the word free somewhere in the title and bam all the sudden you have a great deal. As far as I'm concerned you don't like one of the games you bought take it back get credit for it and look there you just got B1G1 free or 50% off whichever sounds better to you.[/QUOTE]

Just because you have the ability to take advantage of a system doesn't make it right, but I guess the concept of what's right changes from person to person. It may not seem wrong to you, but to others it can.

What a great deal! It's online, too!! Oh, look, 2958 products are available to ship within 24 hours!!! What? What's that? 2954 currently no available online!!!! Thank you Gamestop, may I have another!!!!!

bread's done
Back