B2G1 Used Games & Accessories at Gamestop this weekend - 12/10-12/13

ZeroGS

CAG Veteran
Giving you guys a heads up, Buy two & get one free on USED games and accessories at Gamestop this weekend starting Thursday. Enjoy and for GS employees, this DOES NOT chain with your extra 10% this weekend for employee appreciation.

Have fun!

Use coupon code B2G1FREE to get the deal online:http://www.gamestop.com/preowned

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dann']
Say I wanted to return just one of the used games I got in the B2G1 promo for in-store credit or something (within seven days).
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gordojones88']
If you get caught, you'll likely go to jail for fraud.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thehoweller']
Are you kidding me?
[/QUOTE]

Yes.
[/QUOTE]

Um, I was joking before. You have till Jan 15 to return, exchange, or upgrade your games.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bilbobagins3']I'm sorry but i have to put my two cents in concerning the little fraud debate going on in the posts a little back. Anybody who thinks that returning a game from this b2g1 sale is committing fraud is absolutely foolish. When you go into a store and ask to return something and they allow it, that is on them. You cannot be held responsible. GS has always been absolutely foolish for not changing their system to give you a 33.33% discount on your purchase of 3/6/9/etc games. This sale is marketed as B2G1 free but who are you kidding, the game is clearly not free. you made a purchase GS just took less profit from the overall sale to get you to buy in the first place. It's incredible how unintelligent people are when it comes to a sale like this. If GS put 35% off your purchase of used games when you buy 3 or more this weekend. Most people would overlook the sale and not even consider it. Throw the word free somewhere in the title and bam all the sudden you have a great deal. As far as I'm concerned you don't like one of the games you bought take it back get credit for it and look there you just got B1G1 free or 50% off whichever sounds better to you.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but if you think you can return your foolish statement back for your two cents, you'll likely go to jail for fraud.

[quote name='killer9']stupid code works online now just does not discount anything yet[/QUOTE]

This is the error I get at checkout:

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:B2G1FREE - Buy 2 Used Games, Get 1 of Equal or Lesser Value Free. May not be combined with other offers. Offer expires 11/29/09 at 11:59PM.

It appears to think it expired, I'm guessing at the time the last B2G1 Free expired.

How could you even return 1 of the games for store credit? Wouldn't they look at your receipt and see you only paid for 2 of the game (obviously using this deal) and require you to return all 3?

[quote name='fldash']How could you even return 1 of the games for store credit? Wouldn't they look at your receipt and see you only paid for 2 of the game (obviously using this deal) and require you to return all 3?[/QUOTE]

i'm pretty sure people are talking about trading in games NOT returning them. With the extra 30% trade in credit, people are trading in some of the games they just bought.

GS only looks at your receipt when returning/exhanging not trading in.

hope this helps

[quote name='atrsixaild']i'm pretty sure people are talking about trading in games NOT returning them. With the extra 30% trade in credit, people are trading in some of the games they just bought.

GS only looks at your receipt when returning/exhanging not trading in.

hope this helps[/QUOTE]

Well, that makes a LOT more sense. I guess if you purchased some high TIV game it may make sense. Last time this deal was on I got MGS4, GTA IV, and R6: Vegas 2 and I'm ready to return them all... I don't really care for them, I think I would have rather bought a brand new game like Demon Souls. I see nothing scandalous about doing that. This is really a 33% off deal... its just using different wording (B2G1). I mean, I can order off GoHastings.com the same things I ordered for LESS than I paid for B2G1 (with coupon code HOLIDAY) and that includes S&H.

This deal rocks...I wasn't very hopeful I would be able to find three games I would want...but I went in a found Modern Warfare 2, Assassins Creed 2, and Demon Souls. I walked out a happy man. Thank you to this forum for giving me the heads up...I went in just before the sale started and I probably wouldn't have got these games without the headstart.

Im tempted to use this to grab Uncharted and the new Ratchet and Clank game....but not sure if there is anything I want for a third game. Wonder what game would be easiest for me to buy then flip on craigslist, amazon or the forums for the most amount of money. Like if theres something I can use as the third free game then flip for $35-$40 it would make it so essentially the other two games were only around $30.

Whats the code for online b2g1 again?

Edit - And is it just me or does gamestop.com carry next to no used games anymore? Looking over DS, PS3 and PS2 I cant find squat.

[quote name='msi magus']whats the code for online b2g1 again?

Edit - and is it just me or does gamestop.com carry next to no used games anymore? Looking over ds, ps3 and ps2 i cant find squat.[/quote]

b2g1free

[quote name='Rookerith']b2g1free[/QUOTE]

Thanks, as I said in the edit though I dont think ill be using it. iv been looking at the site for awhile now and there seriously are no used games listed for many systems anymore. Gamecube is the only one I can really find much.

Went to two stores and did buy-return-buy on 2 titles. Ended up with:

ACII (54.99 - 5.50 edge)
Uncharted 2 (54.99 - 5.50 edge)
Fallout GOTY (free)

Annoying that prices in store were higher than online ...

[quote name='leung19']Help please... In search of GOOD game that is 19.99 or under for either xbox360, PSP, wii or PS2

thanks[/QUOTE]

Dead rising
Dead Space
Bioshock
GTA IV
Mass Effect
Assassins Creed
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Elder Scrolls IV
Army of Two
Ninja Gaiden II
Dead or Alive 4
Skate
Grid
Crackdown
Battlefield BC
Mirrors Edge
Bully
Civ Revolution
DMC 4
FEAR
Burnout Paradise
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga
Prince of Persia
[SIZE=-1]Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]I[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]nfinite Undiscovery
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Overlord
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Too Human
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazard
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Silent Hill Homecoming
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Half-Life 2 Orange Box
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]LEGO Batman
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Guitar Hero 2 and Guitar Hero Aerosmith (2CD)

[/SIZE]

[quote name='MSI Magus']Thanks, as I said in the edit though I dont think ill be using it. iv been looking at the site for awhile now and there seriously are no used games listed for many systems anymore. Gamecube is the only one I can really find much.[/QUOTE]

Understandable. I really only collect 360 games. As you've probably seen via these gamestop, Gamefly.com, etc sales, there is just a bigger market for 360 games, and more availability.

You, my friend, have a much harder job being a non-360 cheapass. ;)

Pretty happy with what I got. Picked up Demon's Souls, AC2, and MW2 for about $34 (thanks Edge and gift cards from erewards + utalkback). Amazingly, the PS3 selection at my local gamestops are much better than the Wii and 360's. I couldn't find anything I wanted from those two.

[quote name='Rookerith']Understandable. I really only collect 360 games. As you've probably seen via these gamestop, Gamefly.com, etc sales, there is just a bigger market for 360 games, and more availability.

You, my friend, have a much harder job being a non-360 cheapass. ;)[/QUOTE]

i've found ther problem with buying xbox 360 games used, is they never install on my hard drive, so i'm stuck buying new xbox 360 games.

ps3 games used work fine tho so i am still able to benefit from B2g1 at GS :)

[quote name='Rookerith']Understandable. I really only collect 360 games. As you've probably seen via these gamestop, Gamefly.com, etc sales, there is just a bigger market for 360 games, and more availability.

You, my friend, have a much harder job being a non-360 cheapass. ;)[/QUOTE]

I own a 360 I just try my hardest to buy multi console releases on the PC or PS3 since the 360 has such shitty hardware. Honestly its so prone to failure that im scared my current system will take a dump and down right terrified of what would happen if I bought a ton of 360 games and wanted to play them in 10 years. If all these systems are defective then imagine how hard its going to be to find a working 360 and play your collection on in 10 years? Meanwhile my PS2 still works and im fairly confident that if my PS3 doesn't ill at least be able to find one that does on the cheap.

Regardless of any of this though its just pathetic to search for DS games that are preowned and only get like 40 games in the results...same with PS2, PSP or anything else I search.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I own a 360 I just try my hardest to buy multi console releases on the PC or PS3 since the 360 has such shitty hardware. Honestly its so prone to failure that im scared my current system will take a dump and down right terrified of what would happen if I bought a ton of 360 games and wanted to play them in 10 years. If all these systems are defective then imagine how hard its going to be to find a working 360 and play your collection on in 10 years? Meanwhile my PS2 still works and im fairly confident that if my PS3 doesn't ill at least be able to find one that does on the cheap.

Regardless of any of this though its just pathetic to search for DS games that are preowned and only get like 40 games in the results...same with PS2, PSP or anything else I search.[/QUOTE]

Meh, I prefer living in the present. Online play is substantially better on Xbox 360, but yes, most games are better on PC.

[quote name='Pasis']Meh, I prefer living in the present. Online play is substantially better on Xbox 360, but yes, most games are better on PC.[/QUOTE]

I am living in the present. I have stopped buying games today because of what might happen today not just in the future. My 360 died on me twice and MS was horrible to deal with. It breaking down is an inevitability and I dont know if I want to buy a third. So why not buy PS3 versions as a safe guard? I dont play online a lot and the games I do id rather have a slightly gimped PS3 version then to have to pay to play my 360 copy online...and then possibly have my 360 die anyways. Forget about the future, putting money into the 360 today feels like pissing money down the toilet.

[quote name='MSI Magus']I am living in the present. I have stopped buying games today because of what might happen today not just in the future. My 360 died on me twice and MS was horrible to deal with. It breaking down is an inevitability and I dont know if I want to buy a third. So why not buy PS3 versions as a safe guard? I dont play online a lot and the games I do id rather have a slightly gimped PS3 version then to have to pay to play my 360 copy online...and then possibly have my 360 die anyways. Forget about the future, putting money into the 360 today feels like pissing money down the toilet.[/QUOTE]

In the year 3000 we'll all just be digital downloading our collections from years past, without the option to truly own games anymore, just a license to use them. Don't worry about it!

Picked up a couple GBA games for $19:

Lufia: The Ruins of Lore
Golden Sun
Sword of Mana

Might go back for more tomorrow.

Picker up AC2, Demons Souls & Dragon's Age all for the PS3. I looked at the 360 section and they were all sold out of everything that I would have wanted, but the PS3 section had a ton of games available. I guess it depends on your location.

[quote name='Bad']Well it was between Borderlands and Tekken 6, they didn't really have much else at that price point. After reading some less than stellar reviews of Tekken I went for Borderlands.[/QUOTE]

Good choice...Any insight into whether Tekken's better than Soul Calibur? From what I played of my friend's copy of Tekken, it's more enjoyable.

Mmm...Got myself Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls...Returned LBP:GotY for the B2G1...

Today was amazing, not to mention it was the last day of this semester as well.

Picked up

Marvel Super Hero Squad WII (26.99)
Uncharted Drakes Fortune (24.29)
TMNT Smash Up (Free)

Perfect timing for this as Super Hero Squad and TMNT were wanted by my kids for Christmas. There was literally 1 used copy of Marvel Super Hero Squad within 100 miles of Kansas City (luckily only about 10 miles from me). It is now gone.

Well here is what I picked up today. Pretty happy all and all, plus got a good deal on a mistagged game.
Hoshigami Remix DS 12.99
The Settlers DS 12.99
Marvel: UA PS3 FREE!!!! (had a M:UA PS2 sticker on it and the gave it to me for that price)
Endless Ocean Wii 26.99
MKvDC PS3 26.99
Scribblenauts Free

Thinking about getting something other than MKvDC, but I needed something else and I have been wanting to play it, just seems like it should be cheaper than that by now.

EDIT: Looking online it looks like the store closest to me has Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility, I am probably going to return MKvDC for that one, as long as it is complete.

got Wolverine, wanted and Tombraider underworld for like 37 and change out the door (I had 4$ in credit leftover), they had to adjust the Wolverine, system wanted to charge full 34.99 or whatever since I was buying b2g1 so that is YMMV...I suppose

[quote name='mercilessming']got Wolverine, wanted and Tombraider underworld for like 37 and change out the door (I had 4$ in credit leftover), they had to adjust the Wolverine, system wanted to charge full 34.99 or whatever since I was buying b2g1 so that is YMMV...I suppose[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the system is supposed to use the full price of Used Deals of the Week when purchasing with B2G1. The Used Deal of the Week games are considered a promo price and B2G1 is considered a promo so they will not stack without a manual override, which the employees aren't supposed to do but sometimes will.

Ico was available, with no order limit, online...I couldn't help myself however. With the deal + free shipping + no tax it worked out to $20.50 a copy.

really want to get in on this for Uncharted 2 - Modern Warfare 2 - and FIFA 10 - but none of the stores around me have used copies of FIFA 10, out of all 3 games no copies of FiFA 10... cmon.. jeez..

I bought Ratchet & Clank A Crack In Time; Left For Dead 2, & Borderlands for $108. I had $90 store credit so only paid about $20.

I feel very lucky. I wanted Uncharted 2, Borderlands and Demon's Souls for a while now, but four out of the five Gamestops near me never had all of them. The last one did and scored them $105.76

I just got Assassins Creed 2, God of War Collection, and Assassins Creed. I know the prices are all over the place, but I couldn't find anything at that price point that I don't already have. Was thinking about Demons Souls, but couldn't find another $55 game.

[quote name='ivanwijaya']Can you buy EDGE membership with this deal?If I remember correctly the allowed my friend did it once. Thanks[/QUOTE]

What do you mean can you buy edge with this deal? It stacks with this deal if that is what you mean, it does with EVERY deal, but you need to rephrase your question if that's not what your asking.

[quote name='meds']What do you mean can you buy edge with this deal? It stacks with this deal if that is what you mean, it does with EVERY deal, but you need to rephrase your question if that's not what your asking.[/QUOTE]

He's asking if you can buy an edge membership cost (whatever that is) as one of the items in the B2G1.

I bought Demon Souls earlier in the week not knowing they were going to have this sale. Can I return the game buy it back along with another game to get a free one?

[quote name='fldash']He's asking if you can buy an edge membership cost (whatever that is) as one of the items in the B2G1.[/QUOTE]

Well the deal is used games and accessories. An edge card is not a used game nor is it a used accessory.

[quote name='speedrunner17']I just got Assassins Creed 2, God of War Collection, and Assassins Creed. I know the prices are all over the place, but I couldn't find anything at that price point that I don't already have. Was thinking about Demons Souls, but couldn't find another $55 game.[/QUOTE]
You should take back Assassins 1- you can get this game for like 10 dollars. Better off getting a more expensive game.

Wasn't able to find anything for myself thanks to gamestops crappy ass prices. However the gc games were cheap enough that I was able to grab my brother a crap ton to help my cash strapped mom with Christmas.

For $48 I grabbed him

Metroid Prime
Aggresive Inline
Tony Hawk 4
Bomberman Generations
I Ninja
Naruto 2
Simspons Hit and Run
Mario Sluggers
Resident Evil 4

Think I did pretty well and that should give him a nice mix of genres and stuff I know he likes already from playing at my house.

Wasn't planning on getting anything but for the heck of it I checked one near work on the way home-- got Modern Warfare 2 & two copies of Borderlands (one for me & one for a buddy of mine who had better play it online with me), all 360.

Used my GS credit in Kentucky, so no sales tax :)

bread's done
Back