B2G1F at Gamestop starting Oct. 27th (not GI one)

Radioactive_Man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Heads up people, found out that GS is having B2G1F at GS stores tomorrow, don't know how long it's going to last.

Reason for the sale? Most likely because a shit load of new games have been coming out, so they want to raise the used products.

nice deal. now i can get Castlevania Chronicles and Bust-a-Groove that my bitchass gamestop excluded with the GI coupon.

Was told that it was going to end on Saturday. But that would be odd since they usually go until close on Suday. Don't expect it to last too long.

Is this for new games or used? Would there be any advantage to his one over TRU? I have some GS credit I'd like to burn up.

[quote name='usfbchmguy']Is this for new games or used? Would there be any advantage to his one over TRU? I have some GS credit I'd like to burn up.[/QUOTE]
Well, used games would make the final price cheaper.

[quote name='elwood731']Well, used games would make the final price cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Not only that but you can use this deal for DS and PSP games, whereas the TRU, doesn't.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Why do people still ask questions about this sale? GS does it every few months. It's not like it's a surprise anymore.[/QUOTE]

I usually don't look at deals w/ used games, but I've been wanting a lot of DS games.

Can someone tell me if their used games are complete? Or it's YMMV? And do you think they'll have reletively new DS games? I want Castlevania, Advance Wars, Meteos, and Kirby.

[quote name='SaMiDaDrAgOn']I usually don't look at deals w/ used games, but I've been wanting a lot of DS games.

Can someone tell me if their used games are complete? Or it's YMMV? And do you think they'll have reletively new DS games? I want Castlevania, Advance Wars, Meteos, and Kirby.[/QUOTE]Their used games have whatever the person who traded them in brought in with them. For DS games, they're usually complete, though not always. Meteos and Kirby will be easy to find, Advance Wars somewhat less so, and Castlevania will be pretty rare. Last time there was a B2G1F sale, GS and EB did it the same weekend. I haven't heard anything about EB this time so... :(

[quote name='banpeikun']Their used games have whatever the person who traded them in brought in with them. For DS games, they're usually complete, though not always. Meteos and Kirby will be easy to find, Advance Wars somewhat less so, and Castlevania will be pretty rare. Last time there was a B2G1F sale, GS and EB did it the same weekend. I haven't heard anything about EB this time so... :([/QUOTE]

Hmm ic, that's what I figured. Hopefully I can get AW, Kirby, and Meteos. Castlevania will have to wait, although its the one i want the most. Thanks for the relpy!

[quote name='DarienW']Think EB will "PM" this deal? They're basically the same company now anyway....[/QUOTE]

Not likely, they don't even PM their own web site.

Wonder if they're trying to move inventory in prep for the holiday season. They had a B2G1 just last month, so this turn around seems faster than usual.

Hmm... looks like I'll be heading over to the not-so-local GS to pick up Pikmin, Viewtiful Joe, and Sphinx for $20. ADded benefit of being by GR, so I can trade in a third copy of Tron to finish off my DS credit-building.

Got the email before I left work, stopped by a GS on the way home and picked up Trauma Center, Advance Wars: Dual Strike and Kirby: Canvas Curse for $55...

Damn I wish I had money. Just stopped by my local GS. Lunar 1, Lunar 2, and Castlevania:SotN (non-GH). All complete (no boxes for lunars) and waiting to be bought :cry:

My haul today:

Breath of Fire (GBA)
Breath of Fire II (GBA)
Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga (GBA)

all for $40....... I'm gonna sell both breath of fires on ebay - right now they go for about $20 a piece so I end up getting mario and Luigi for free ( plus fees from ebay)........ woohoo

Picked up:

Vagrant Story (complete, non GH version)
Final Fantasy Anthology (complete, GH version)
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner (complete)

All are in good shape, except for FFA, which is like new.

The Rockville, MD gamestop is NOT having this sale. This is the first time I've ever seen an individual store not take part in the sale. The clerk said he thought it would be coming up soon, but they aren't doing it yet.

make sure u check ur games condition out before u purchase them so it will save u a trip back to there store for an exchange.

Seems like everytime im there the employees are going on about how crappy condition the games are in they discuss it and are like 'it will probly still play' so they exept it scraches and all..complete bullshit.

i picked up all PS1, all complete non-GH for $45.73:

Alone in the Dark
Namco Museum Vol. 3
Time Crisis

Capcom vs. SNK Pro
Tomba! 2
Silent Hill

Jade Cocoon
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Trap Gunner (Atlus game, worth anything?)

some asswad had picked up Castlevania Chronicles earlier that day, and the Bust-a-Groove that didn't ahve the disc the previous time i tried to buy it didn't have the case this time. fuck that shit. anyway, at eb i picked up:

Gran Turismo 4 for a penny (traded in a $6 copy of FFX, $5 Backyard W 2, and $5 BBoys 2)

Shenmue complete for $4
MGS complete for $6
Warriors of M&M for $2

not that big of a deal, but i forgot to used the edge card. whatever, $1.20? no biggie.

then at TRU:

Xenosaga II
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Dead to Rights 2

$21.14

i figured i don't ahve a $100 to throw down, but i have to partake in the event somehow. i'm satisfied.

Sucks. I haven't even use my GI coupon yet. I can't find 3 damn games I want in ONE!!! GS. I go to 5 different GS and can't find 3 I want. I did manage to find Castlevania Aria of Sorrow Used at one GS but no other games I want!!!

[quote name='untoldsorrow']Sucks. I haven't even use my GI coupon yet. I can't find 3 damn games I want in ONE!!! GS. I go to 5 different GS and can't find 3 I want. I did manage to find Castlevania Aria of Sorrow Used at one GS but no other games I want!!![/QUOTE]

What's the GI coupon?

[quote name='Xenious']What's the GI coupon?[/QUOTE]
The GI coupon was the same thing, buy 2 used games and get one free. It is good until Oct. 31.

Just picked these three up:

Alundra (Almost complete, missing map. The case is damaged, inserts are completely fine, however.)
Chrono Cross (complete, got two manuals, one GH and one non GH, non GH version)
Legend of Legaia (complete)

All of these look to be in good condition (disk wise).

bread's done
Back