B2G1F Gamestop used games (Georgia BnM only?)

Smef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just went into my store here in Atlanta and they were having a B2G1F deal for used games. The edge card works on top of this as well, so it covers tax in-store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm expecting them to run this during GC's liquidation sale. It would both be hilarious, and suiting. 30% (40% with Edge) off when you buy three games at GS......Or 10/20/30% off (depending on your week) at GC.

So glad the craphole's gone. I'll miss two of the workers, the others I hope enjoy unemployment. Perhaps next time they'll treat their customers more like people and less like lemmings.

Does anyone know if they make you do separate transactions in these sales or are they smart enough to give you the best deal possible if you buy many games? I mean if I buy 3 games that cost $10 and 3 games that cost $5, will they give me a $10 and a $5 game for free, or do they just give me two $5 games for free? Thanks

[quote name='thedragon']Does anyone know if they make you do separate transactions in these sales or are they smart enough to give you the best deal possible if you buy many games? I mean if I buy 3 games that cost $10 and 3 games that cost $5, will they give me a $10 and a $5 game for free, or do they just give me two $5 games for free? Thanks[/QUOTE]

lets find out if the deal is goin on or not first pawtna

Yeah, I hear ya, Its just during that last Blockbuster Buy 1 Get 1 sale they gave me a lot of grief over even doing separate transactions to get a better deal, and told myself I'm not going to bother with sales where the employees want to be difficult rather than take my money

25% off online, comes out to around 32% with edge, + you get 32% off even if your games aren't the exact same price. idk why people are huge on the b2g1, percentage wise they do better often.

i admit that there is something about the phrase b2g1 that just sounds good. 25% is just a fraction, but if you buy 2 you get a whole product. advertising 1o1

[quote name='thedragon']Does anyone know if they make you do separate transactions in these sales or are they smart enough to give you the best deal possible if you buy many games? I mean if I buy 3 games that cost $10 and 3 games that cost $5, will they give me a $10 and a $5 game for free, or do they just give me two $5 games for free? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes, Gamestop's systems will give you the right deal (unlike Blockbuster's systems which will rip you off.)

Heh I wish it were true. I pass by a gamestop to and from school everyday. Would have seen the banner flying.

[quote name='An J0e']25% off online, comes out to around 32% with edge, + you get 32% off even if your games aren't the exact same price. idk why people are huge on the b2g1, percentage wise they do better often.

i admit that there is something about the phrase b2g1 that just sounds good. 25% is just a fraction, but if you buy 2 you get a whole product. advertising 1o1[/QUOTE]its only better online if you live in a state with no sales tax for online or your buying games that a lower price than at a store

[quote name='worshipsf']Yes, Gamestop's systems will give you the right deal (unlike Blockbuster's systems which will rip you off.)[/QUOTE]

Correct, although most of their sales drones don't realize this and even think you are trying to rip them off if you want to check that it's done correctly.

also very YMMV; more and more stores are now running their own B2G1. Not sure what the criteria are, but individual store managers will be given the go ahead for the sale and another store less than a mile away will not.

[quote name='chrollo']its only better online if you live in a state with no sales tax for online or your buying games that a lower price than at a store[/QUOTE]

No; in store you almost always lose out because the games are never exactly the same price, and its the cheaper one that's free.

[quote name='donkeydrop']No; in store you almost always lose out because the games are never exactly the same price, and its the cheaper one that's free.[/QUOTE]
older games are usually the same price

If you buy two games at $55 a piece you would pay $100+tax (inc. EDGE) for those three games.

The same games are more than likely $50 online. So three games at 32.5% off would be $101.25+tax.

So the difference is $1.25 which is prob the cost in gas these days to just get there. Here is one last example of why the sale online is better.

If you get two $55 games and a $30 game at a GS store it would still be $100+tax. But if you get them at GS.com (again those games should be $50 there). It would come out to be $87.75+tax. As you can see that is a HUGE savings comparing the two.

Now most would say "well just get another $55 game instead" but some people may actually really want the $30 game more. I have encountered this personally multiple times during B2G1.

[quote name='donkeydrop']Correct, although most of their sales drones don't realize this and even think you are trying to rip them off if you want to check that it's done correctly.

also very YMMV; more and more stores are now running their own B2G1. Not sure what the criteria are, but individual store managers will be given the go ahead for the sale and another store less than a mile away will not.[/QUOTE]

This is a bit offensive. You assume that everyone that works at Gamestop is a sales drone. I work at a Gamestop, and I can tell you, our store is very personable. Most of us actually hate Gamestop, and most of their practices, so we are on your side. As for customers, at least half of them are ignorant, and the few that actually know what's going on, and how to conduct a transaction for that matter, surprise us, so don't be offended if we get offended. Lol.

As for the computers ripping you off, no it won't happen. The computer always works out the best deal for you. Even with trades, it will take the best possible deal. So, if you were to trade in a game, and there was a tiered trade and a power trade, it will take the better one.

Oh, and my store isn't doing the B2G1F

Last edited by a moderator:
I see what you all are saying about the online coupon being as good (maybe even better), but my problem is that I have had really bad experiences with buying online from gamestop. The cases and instructions have often been mangled, and the discs have been in really bad shape before. If I go into a B&M store, I would never buy a game where the case is water damaged and it looks like a dog chewed the instructions, but online they send me this kind of crap all the time :cry:

[quote name='thedragon']I see what you all are saying about the online coupon being as good (maybe even better), but my problem is that I have had really bad experiences with buying online from gamestop. The cases and instructions have often been mangled, and the discs have been in really bad shape before. If I go into a B&M store, I would never buy a game where the case is water damaged and it looks like a dog chewed the instructions, but online they send me this kind of crap all the time :cry:[/QUOTE]

Buy online. Case/manual/game not up to snuff? Go to a store and exchange it for one that is.

bread's done
Back