B2G2 free on all original XBOX games at GS

darkpice

CAGiversary!
all original xbox games are now buy 2 get 1 free at gamestop. can now pick up morrowind and a couple of other games. if this has already been posted then please delete.

Title has been updated!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If not for all of the fuckin' Ebayers picking up the local Steel Battalion bundles, I'd have considered picking that up during this sale with some cheap credit. It's about the ONLY game from the Xbox/PS2 era I still want to play.[/QUOTE]

Even if you could've found one, what would you have paired up with B2G1? And I'm pretty sure those things were gone for months anyway. I tried finding one back when the 25% started, and there was one 200+ miles away.

I got everything I already wanted with edge + 25% off(I'm assuming b2g1 & 25% off doesn't stack?), good enough for me really. I wish I would've gotten some more titles instore though, ordered mostly everything online and case + manual were very scarce. Almost every 360 game I've gotten online has been complete, barely an xbox one was.

I had 8 games in my wishlist that were instock/out of stock online randomly, kept refreshing the page throughout the day for like a week straight until they were finally all there. Quickly added and ordered =) I bought an xbox years ago at a pawn shop; but other than like, 5 games, the past few months have been the first time I've actually snagged some games. It feels like the genesis to me, built for action/shooter/sports games.

[quote name='Vortextk']I got everything I already wanted with edge + 25% off(I'm assuming b2g1 & 25% off doesn't stack?), good enough for me really. I wish I would've gotten some more titles instore though, ordered mostly everything online and case + manual were very scarce. Almost every 360 game I've gotten online has been complete, barely an xbox one was.[/QUOTE]

I actually got two games as part of this sale that were new and sealed. Not exactly a gold mine, but funny with the constant complaints about GS gutting new games, this time I got new games for used prices.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']B2G2 here as well[/QUOTE]

Dang, finding two or three XBox games of roughly the same value that I actually want (and are all in the same store) is hard enough. Now I have to find four games?

Some gamestop employee told me once that to liquidate their GS inventory (i.e. throw it in the dumpster) it would cost the individual store about $500. Yet corporate insists on holding onto these games nobody wants. They too were mostly in a bin in the back to save shelf space for games that sell.

They really should just sell these at 75% off to Edge members and get it over with.

[quote name='bilbo']Dang, finding two or three XBox games of roughly the same value that I actually want (and are all in the same store) is hard enough. Now I have to find four games?[/QUOTE]
No kidding. I like to have my games complete, and the only ones I found were Madden 2002 and Dance Dance Revolution. All of the games I'd actually be interested in buying are disc only. By the time I get down to a bigger store (most of which are about 45 minutes away), I'm sure everything will be picked through as if it hasn't been already.

I want them to drop the price on the xbox consoles already. I would go through and buy up most of them around here if they would drop to like $30 a pop.

[quote name='Drkirby']B2G2? They couldn't just do B1G1, or 50% off :/[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly, since the list of titles I still want is shrinking, finding four games at the same store in the same price range is a pain. And driving around to do return/exchanges doesn't seem worth it to me. I'm just going to wait/hope for 75% off.

[quote name='jp0213']I want them to drop the price on the xbox consoles already. I would go through and buy up most of them around here if they would drop to like $30 a pop.[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering why they haven't yet either. I'd love to get a couple extra controllers for dirt cheap, too.

Doesn't B2G2 apply to anything Xbox? So you would just need to find a place with 4 controllers still, and get 4 for the price of 2-10%

[quote name='Drkirby']Doesn't B2G2 apply to anything Xbox? So you would just need to find a place with 4 controllers still, and get 4 for the price of 2-10%[/QUOTE]
Lots of luck on that. The GS's by me only have a few games each and no accessories.

I've wondered why used Xboxes are still so pricey considering that Gamecubes are $29.99. Someone said because you can mod them to be more useful. I wouldn't think a corporation like GS would think like that though.

[quote name='mogamer']Lots of luck on that. The GS's by me only have a few games each and no accessories.

I've wondered why used Xboxes are still so pricey considering that Gamecubes are $29.99. Someone said because you can mod them to be more useful. I wouldn't think a corporation like GS would think like that though.[/QUOTE]
I think gamestop just has more Gamecubes then anything else. With the Wii being able to do just about anything the gamecube can, but the 360's BC being so so, the original Xbox I guess would be higher valued to them.

IMO, the number of Xbox exclusives worth playing is very low though, and the ones that can only be played on the Original Xbox is far less too.

[quote name='Drkirby']I think gamestop just has more Gamecubes then anything else. With the Wii being able to do just about anything the gamecube can, but the 360's BC being so so, the original Xbox I guess would be higher valued to them.

IMO, the number of Xbox exclusives worth playing is very low though, and the ones that can only be played on the Original Xbox is far less too.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you. I think it's more of a "modding" thing (yes, GS is that smart). The only games I can think of off the top of my head that deserves BC or re-release are The Warriors and Robocop (I think it's more of a "who owns the rights" legal thing).

If you haven't picked up what you want on the XBOX by now, there's very little chance you're going to find what you want.

The stores near me have been picked clean on XBOX for some time now. They still have some titles but usually w/o original case, manual, or a really scratched up game disc.

I used to love these sales though (even B2G1) because it allowed me to bulk up my XBOX collection. I've since finished it with 135. With no intention of leaping into the next gen (I'm done with games generally), the XBOX is still a solid old gen system :)

I always bought cross-platform games on it b/c they usually loaded faster, looked at least a little better, and I didn't have to worry about searching for my PS2 memory cards.

[quote name='salty tbone']My thoughts exactly, since the list of titles I still want is shrinking, finding four games at the same store in the same price range is a pain. And driving around to do return/exchanges doesn't seem worth it to me. I'm just going to wait/hope for 75% off.[/QUOTE]DVDs are still ona Buy X get X free.

[quote name='jdawgg76']DVDs are still ona Buy X get X free.[/QUOTE]

Not around near me, the one store that still has a bunch of crap DVDs has had 75% for months.

[quote name='darkpice']all original xbox games are now buy 2 get 1 free at gamestop. can now pick up morrowind and a couple of other games. if this has already been posted then please delete.[/QUOTE]

You might want to check your sources... the deal is actually "Buy 2, Get 2".

[quote name='Casbury']You might want to check your sources... the deal is actually "Buy 2, Get 2".[/QUOTE]
You might want to check the date of the original post...this thread was made back in the beginning of August, nearly 3 months ago.

[quote name='romeogbs19']If you haven't picked up what you want on the XBOX by now, there's very little chance you're going to find what you want.

The stores near me have been picked clean on XBOX for some time now. They still have some titles but usually w/o original case, manual, or a really scratched up game disc.

I used to love these sales though (even B2G1) because it allowed me to bulk up my XBOX collection. I've since finished it with 135. With no intention of leaping into the next gen (I'm done with games generally), the XBOX is still a solid old gen system :)

I always bought cross-platform games on it b/c they usually loaded faster, looked at least a little better, and I didn't have to worry about searching for my PS2 memory cards.[/QUOTE]

"If you haven't picked up what you want on the XBOX by now, there's very little chance you're going to find what you want."

That's what EBay is for; you can find practically anything.

Personally, I just picked up the Justice League XBox game for $3.50 at a closing Blockbuster. It was about $10-$12 at Gamestop (which would be $5-$6 per disc if I could find 3 games to go with it, and I was going to get the Incredibles and another good game but the only other same-price game I saw was Avatar: The Last Airbender, which made me more likely to pick up a $6-$8 XBox game).

[quote name='bilbo']"If you haven't picked up what you want on the XBOX by now, there's very little chance you're going to find what you want."

Personally, I just picked up the Justice League XBox game for $3.50 at a closing Blockbuster. It was about $10-$12 at Gamestop (which would be $5-$6 per disc if I could find 3 games to go with it, and I was going to get the Incredibles and another good game but the only other same-price game I saw was Avatar: The Last Airbender, which made me more likely to pick up a $6-$8 XBox game).[/QUOTE]

Totally off topic, but anytime I've seen you post I immediately hear Leonard Nimoy singing in my head. I hate it.

Gamestop prices the xbox the way it does because people buy them for that price. If they didn't sell for the price they are asking then they'd lower the price. Simple as that.

I may have to check out my local GS. One of them apparently gets in "new" (rather, new supplies of used) Xbox games all the time. I guess it's a store they send Xbox games to from other stores. I haven't looked through the collection because previously I had little need to, but now I've got a 360.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Not around near me, the one store that still has a bunch of crap DVDs has had 75% for months.[/QUOTE]Huh, maybe they're signage is old around here. One store even got more used movies in a month or two ago including BRs and HDDVDS, but I happened by after they were gone. Xbox games have been just disc only/no cover art since about a week after this started and most stores have consolidated xbox games at a few local stores, but I keep looking.

[quote name='bilbo']"If you haven't picked up what you want on the XBOX by now, there's very little chance you're going to find what you want."

[/QUOTE]Except Richard Burns Rally. Been looking for awhile and zippo.

bread's done
Back