B2G2 on used PS2 games at GS

[quote name='Blade']Waiting for the inevitable 75% off clearance sale myself.[/QUOTE]

Same here, prolly gonna miss out on some gems, but I'm ok with that.

Any suggestions on PS2 games under $10? I like platformers but I already played ratchet and jak/dexter... I also like RPGs... appreciate any comments.

signs in the store are saying its good till 1/18

i picked up rogue galaxy, ffx-2, twisted metal black, and one of the castlevania games (for something like $19 total)

There was a glitch on this deal earlier this week where this stacked with the b2g1 free offer. so some ppl actually bought 4 games and got 20 free LOL. (or 8 games 20 free... something like that). b2g2 is still not a bad deal, picked up 3 kingdom hearts games and gow2

[quote name='oasisboy']Any suggestions on PS2 games under $10? I like platformers but I already played ratchet and jak/dexter... I also like RPGs... appreciate any comments.[/QUOTE]

Rogue Galaxy and Dragon Quest VIII are both great RPGs for $9.99. Radiata Stories is also pretty good. I think you've already played the best platformers on the console. The Sly Cooper games aren't bad, though.

[quote name='ken9']There was a glitch on this deal earlier this week where this stacked with the b2g1 free offer. so some ppl actually bought 4 games and got 20 free LOL. (or 8 games 20 free... something like that). b2g2 is still not a bad deal, picked up 3 kingdom hearts games and gow2[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah. It was all messed up. There was a pattern to it that it only worked in multiples of 4, and then every two after that if you wanted more than one game. For example, you could get 4 copies of Fullmetal Alchemist for the price of 1, or you could get 6 copies of Fullmetal Alchemist and 6 copies of Fullmetal Alchemist 2 for the price of 2. And yes, you could actually get 8 copies of each of those games, plus 8 copies of Darkwatch, for the price of 3. :lol:

FYI, my 24 copies shipped earlier today. Saved $200. :lol:

I saw this earlier in the week and picked up some complete games in good shape.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner
Megaman X Collection
.Hack G.U. 1
.Hack G.U. 2 (no manual)

[quote name='Optical']Its a Square+Disney game. ;([/QUOTE]

No I think its just gamestop. Gohastings has it for around $5

Found out yesterday that at least one Gamestop near me no longer has any PS2 games. It's annoying because the stock locator still lists harder-to-find titles at that store.

[quote name='salty tbone']Found out yesterday that at least one Gamestop near me no longer has any PS2 games. It's annoying because the stock locator still lists harder-to-find titles at that store.[/QUOTE]

The employees are probably keeping them all to themselves.
I had one time found a pretty rare Gamecube game at Gamestop in great shape and booklet (only way I buy), and I bring it to the counter and the employee looks at the game and tells me they don't have it.

I say, I just pulled this box off the shelf, why would it be there if you didn't have it. And he tells me that he had just sold it earlier WITHOUT the original box. There is a brief moment of silence as I look into this guys eyes. I could tell he was lying.

I then find ANOTHER box of the same game, and I bring it up and ask are you SURE you don't have anymore? He hastily grabs the box from my hands and then says "that shouldn't even be on the shelf, we don't have anymore."

I almost hopped the counter and grabbed him by head and foot to perform a back-breaker wrestling maneuver until he spit out his insides through his mouth. But instead I just chose to leave.

[quote name='MaximusDM']The employees are probably keeping them all to themselves.
I had one time found a pretty rare Gamecube game at Gamestop in great shape and booklet (only way I buy), and I bring it to the counter and the employee looks at the game and tells me they don't have it.

I say, I just pulled this box off the shelf, why would it be there if you didn't have it. And he tells me that he had just sold it earlier WITHOUT the original box. There is a brief moment of silence as I look into this guys eyes. I could tell he was lying.

I then find ANOTHER box of the same game, and I bring it up and ask are you SURE you don't have anymore? He hastily grabs the box from my hands and then says "that shouldn't even be on the shelf, we don't have anymore."

I almost hopped the counter and grabbed him by head and foot to perform a back-breaker wrestling maneuver until he spit out his insides through his mouth. But instead I just chose to leave.[/QUOTE]

That once happen to me with star wars sith edition,but the cashier wasn't lying cause she let me take the case and told me what store I could pick another one up that didn't have the case. Sucks that you got a dick of a cashier.

This sale started earlier in the week. Picked up a bunch of titles I was missing out on.

This site also had 65% off all PS2 stuff the other day...

http://www.videogameinstructionbooklets.com/servlet/StoreFront

Shipping sucks for one item, but if you get up there it isn't too bad. I ordered about 30 complete cases/manuals and the shipping only ran 15 bucks UPS ground.

Theres actually some nice gems in those disc bins they have if you take the time to look through them. Found stuff like Wizardry, Gradius 3/4, Killer 7, Wild Arms 3, and King's Field.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Last time they did this I ended up selling so many $.99 PS2 sports games to Best Buy for $1.60 a pop. It was worth the looks.[/QUOTE]

so...anyone try this again this time around lol? does best buy still give 1 dollar trade-ins minimum??

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']so...anyone try this again this time around lol? does best buy still give 1 dollar trade-ins minimum??[/QUOTE]

This. I really wouldn't mind flipping a few to take a little of the price of FFXIII-2

[quote name='MaximusDM']The employees are probably keeping them all to themselves.

I almost hopped the counter and grabbed him by head and foot to perform a back-breaker wrestling maneuver until he spit out his insides through his mouth. But instead I just chose to leave.[/QUOTE]

And that's why I fucking hate GameStop.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']And that's why I fucking hate GameStop.[/QUOTE]

And yet, you will keep buying from them when they have deals. Not all GameStops are the same. So if you have a shitty experience at Best Buy (which I had with a defective 46 inch TV), you will stop buying from them? GTFO.

[quote name='MinatoKun']This. I really wouldn't mind flipping a few to take a little of the price of FFXIII-2[/QUOTE]

Except best buy dropped the tiv of allot of ps2 games to 50cents

This exact same BS happened to me before when I found a copy of Star Ocean 2 (ps1). I feel your pain :cry:

[quote name='oasisboy']And yet, you will keep buying from them when they have deals. Not all GameStops are the same. So if you have a shitty experience at Best Buy (which I had with a defective 46 inch TV), you will stop buying from them? GTFO.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I don't shop at gamestop anymore. This is just one of dozens of bad experiences that I (or my friends) have had. Maybe we just have a rare, rotten staffed gamestop and most other stores are really nice. But I won't find out, because I'm not giving that rat hole my money. These days, Amazon and Newegg meet 98% of my gaming needs, and their customer service (in my PERSONAL experience) is the stuff of legends.

[quote name='callmewoof']

Actually, I don't shop at gamestop anymore. This is just one of dozens of bad experiences that I (or my friends) have had. Maybe we just have a rare, rotten staffed gamestop and most other stores are really nice. But I won't find out, because I'm not giving that rat hole my money. These days, Amazon and Newegg meet 98% of my gaming needs, and their customer service (in my PERSONAL experience) is the stuff of legends.[/QUOTE]

MW 3 = $9.99, BF3 = $9.99. PS controller $12.99, insert any great game for less than $10 that retails for $30 or more that you really want ... You will be walking into a GameStop.

This reminds me of people that say they despise Wal-Mart and will never buy there, but you know they will at one point or another.

Besides me saying I hate Gamestop and Walmart, if they have a good deal I'll shop there.
Call me a hippo-crit, but I like to think I'm ripping them off.

[quote name='oasisboy']And yet, you will keep buying from them when they have deals. Not all GameStops are the same. So if you have a shitty experience at Best Buy (which I had with a defective 46 inch TV), you will stop buying from them? GTFO.[/QUOTE]

Actually no, I don't. If by chance they do have a deal (which isn't often) I price match it ANYWHERE else (cause you know they will do that and GameStop won't). Do you happen to know everywhere I shop? I didn't think so. How about YOU GTFO, and maybe post something relevant on this site for once.

[quote name='oasisboy']any suggestions on ps2 games under $10? I like platformers but i already played ratchet and jak/dexter... I also like rpgs... Appreciate any comments.[/quote]

psychonauts!!! Now!!!

All of the good pick ups are already gone... only things left are overpriced Fatal Frames and SMT games, at roughly $30 each. But with this deal, you can get them for about ~$15 each, which is a pretty good deal.

STFU gslover, lol. Gamestop sucks, simple as that. Always one defending their shady business practices. They have the worst employees too. Alot of people dont have a choice because its the only game place around, since their monopolizing the market. Only time i step in that hellhole is to flip crap games/disc only/flea mrk. junk.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Actually no, I don't. If by chance they do have a deal (which isn't often) I price match it ANYWHERE else (cause you know they will do that and GameStop won't). Do you happen to know everywhere I shop? I didn't think so. How about YOU GTFO, and maybe post something relevant on this site for once.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. I don't understand why some people think "well, I do it, so you HAVE to as well. There's no way you'd pass it up, because I wouldn't. Thus, my view of the world = the only view of the world". Sorry, but I have my own principals, thanks.

[quote name='lude21']STFU gslover, lol. Gamestop sucks, simple as that. Always one defending their shady business practices. They have the worst employees too. Alot of people dont have a choice because its the only game place around, since their monopolizing the market. Only time i step in that hellhole is to flip crap games/disc only/flea mrk. junk.[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with the OP that not all Gamestops are created equal. We have a lot of them here, and some of them are good with helpful employees, and others suck.

Personally, there isn't much left for me to get PS2-wise and I still have a huge backlog from previous B2G2 sales.

Figured since SE doesn't listen to the fans about Kingdom Hearts games that we'll never get that HD collection so I ended up buying 1 and Re:COM, also picked up some old classics like RE4 and Budokai 3 which IMO is the best DBZ game of all time.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Figured since SE doesn't listen to the fans about Kingdom Hearts games that we'll never get that HD collection so I ended up buying 1 and Re:COM, also picked up some old classics like RE4 and Budokai 3 which IMO is the best DBZ game of all time.[/QUOTE]

I bet they will do HD ports of the KH games (at least the two main games). No way they'd pass up the chance to milk the series some more. They're probably waiting until the sales of the all crappy spin offs die down so they can announce KH3 and a convenient KH I & II HD ports.

Got a package from this, everything was either smashed or scratched to hell and unplayable. Everything is getting returned.

That sounds f'd up, you should of called corporate on your cell phone (if you had one) to make sure, or asked for the store manager's number.

[quote name='lude21']Only time i step in that hellhole is to flip crap games/disc only/flea mrk. junk.[/QUOTE]

Me too. The only time I shop there is when I shop there. Otherwise, I don't bother.

I remember one time I was rollerblading on the sidewalk, hit a rut and skinned my knee up something fierce. Now I hate all sidewalks, and refuse to walk on them (and I really hate those a-hole cement pavers that work on them), but for some strange reason even though I supposedly hate them with a vengeance I'm super-obsessed with them and whenever the topic of sidewalks comes up I can't help but mention to anyone who will listen that I hate sidewalks.

[quote name='oasisboy']Any suggestions on PS2 games under $10? I like platformers but I already played ratchet and jak/dexter... I also like RPGs... appreciate any comments.[/QUOTE]
Sly Cooper and Steambot Chronicles

[quote name='Escobear']If you guys were to pick, would you take Xenosaga 1, Rogue Galaxy, Dark Cloud or Star Ocean and why?[/QUOTE]
Dark Cloud 1 & 2 would be my first picks. Rogue Galaxy after.

Why? Level 5 creates a world filled with interesting characters, great music, and awesome gameplay different from most RPGs(invention system, town creator, etc).

[quote name='Vinny']I bet they will do HD ports of the KH games (at least the two main games). No way they'd pass up the chance to milk the series some more. They're probably waiting until the sales of the all crappy spin offs die down so they can announce KH3 and a convenient KH I & II HD ports.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking next E3 or E3 2013, they will finally announce KH3 and the KH1 and 2 HD ports.

bread's done
Back