B2G2 Pre-Owned Games (Wii, Wii U, DS, and 3DS) @ Best Buy

KansasCityKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
lol where are you guys seeing this... all of those games are instore only I am guessing you are talking about getting those for instore pickup?

They just restocked a bunch of stuff. Just missed out on a Metroid Prime Trilogy and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. Grabbed Pokemon Soulsilver, Pokemon Heartgold, Animal Crossing Wild World, and Fire Embelm Awakening for $42.xx
Thanks for the heads up, picked up Walk it Out, Pikmin 2, Wario Land Shake it and A Boy and His Blob for $38 shipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
They just restocked a bunch of stuff. Just missed out on a Metroid Prime Trilogy and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. Grabbed Pokemon Soulsilver, Pokemon Heartgold, Animal Crossing Wild World, and Fire Embelm Awakening for $42.xx
Oh man, just grabbed eight games for $13.25 a pop with tax. Thanks a ton for posting. Could have saved myself another $5 if I had been paying more attention but panicked a little failing to remember what it was I was looking for and just wanting to grab things before they went OOS. Got Soul Silver, Heart Gold, Gates to Infinity, Mario Kart 7, New SMB2, Super Mario 3D Land, AC Wild World and Fire Emblem Awakening.

lol where are you guys seeing this... all of those games are instore only I am guessing you are talking about getting those for instore pickup?
Nope, everything I grabbed for shipping.

How often does BBY restock? I missed out on 2 games I wanted too. Looking to grab them next time they refill. CS on website said just wait and it might restock soon. Because I had it in my cart then BAM.. no luck lol

Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 3ds, OOT, and Luigi's Mansion for me.

Comes out to about 11.95 a game.

Ok, Best Buy is making me eat my words from before, grabbed Super Mario Galaxy 2, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Skyward Sword, and Mario Sports Mix for $68 shipped.  I think I'll stop with over $100 spent at BBY today though.

It's too bad BBY doesn't have better availability on stuff like this because this is a really great sale with their actually reasonable prices on used 3DS games.

Picked up Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros. 2, and Ocarina of Time 3D. I would have prefered picking up Star Fox 3D but this is still quite good.

No problem guys and nice pickups!

Could have saved myself another $5 if I had been paying more attention but panicked a little failing to remember what it was I was looking for and just wanting to grab things before they went OOS.
Same here. I had a Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and lost it because I took too much time trying to find sometihng else.

Would grab a couple more things but seems liked the estimated time for delivery got moved back a couple days then my first order and I'll be moving around that time. :/ They have Super Mario All Stars in stock for shipping

I have 8 games in my cart but only 2 show up as $0.00.  Has anyone done multiples of 4 over 4 in one order?

edit: doesn't matter now as 2 games went oos and like 5 can't be shipped to store despite (went from available in x days to unavailable for all stores)

Darn...and I bought Return to Dreamland, SMG2, and Order of Ecclesia in a B2G1 just a few weeks ago and all three games are in stock now.  I missed a free Mario game or Muramasa or Etrian Odyssey 4 LOL.

Thanks for the heads up, did two orders! Partner's in Time, Bowser's Inside story, Mario Kart 7 and New Super Smash Bros 2 in the first order. Mario Sports Mix, Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Kirby's return to Dreamland in the second order. This is definitely a great sale when they have items in stock.

I got an order in for NSMB2, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart 7, and Super Mario Land 3d.

I had Monster Hunter in the cart but said no shipping after I added MK7. So then I added Mario Tennis.

Then I go to check the status and I got charged for shipping :( Now the order will probably get rejected because I used a gift card that doesn't have the extra $60 for shipping

Whats the chance of getting DS games complete with the manuals and covers? 

I ordered a few pre-owned 360 games from them awhile back and they all came complete, but I figured I just got super super lucky.

Whats the chance of getting DS games complete with the manuals and covers?

I ordered a few pre-owned 360 games from them awhile back and they all came complete, but I figured I just got super super lucky.
I would say a good chance but ymmv. I've bought 16 ds games this year and 11 were complete. inserts and manuals were in great shape too.

had something strange happen. last night i tried to order NSMB2, Etrian Odyssey 4, KH: Dream Drop Distance HD, and Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask and none of these games were available for store pickup or shipping. I tried again tonight and all but NSMB2 were available for shipping. I switched NSMB2 out with Mario Tennis for 3ds and then my cart updated and said none of the games were available for shipping now. I readded NSMB2 to check that again and it was suddenly available for shipping to my store. But a minute later it was suddenly unavailable again... Must be a glitch or something.

Sad to say that best buy has let me down again for the second night in a row.

order shipped 

dark moon

london 2012

mario kart 7

smbs 2  

now to see if they are complete

loved to dump 2 of them to gamestop for 40 with the 50%  extra in a few weeks

says i wont get them until SEPT 3 ... if you only have 7 days to return them its  it 7 days after getting them or 7 days after ordering.  cause the return window will be gone by the time i get them

Wow, you guys got Mario Kart 7? That and Dark Moon are my two huge wants for this sale. Don't care of they're cartridge-only. They weren't available for shipping yesterday evening when I checked, so I guess I'll just refresh my cart regularly to see if they restock.

Happy with what I got, might look for more later. Snagged New Super Mario Bros. (DS), Monster Hunter (3DS), Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (3DS) and Lego City Undercover (3DS) all for like $48 with free expedited shipping. Could easily trade Monster Hunter and Castlevania back in for $24 and change (currently) if I wanted.

Really wanted Luigi's Mansion but wasn't available in any way. Oh well. 

I just wish Pikmin 3 was in stock.  That along with NSMB U, Lego City Undercover, and Rabbid Lands would mean my kids would be very happy and I could play Pikmin 3.  Just not seeing anything worthwhile to replace it with.

So just got an email and took a look, Best Buy charged me $15 per item for shipping when the checkout said $0.  They are crediting me, but damn that is annoying. 

super mario U, darksiders, black ops and monster hunter for $65 (after $10 RZ certificates).   Will consider trading in black ops and darksiders for credit at gamestop at even money after promos.

I got New Super Mario Bros Wii and Wii U, Donkey Kong Returns and Super Mario Galaxy 2. I'm thinking of getting Mario Kart Wii and Zelda Skyward Sword but I can't pick two more games.

Of course, I paid for my two orders entirely with the GC I had from trading stuff on Sunday.
Are you silver and did you get expedited shipping? My order that I paid with GC has not shipped yet because it can't process the GC because of being charged for free silver expedited shipping.

Are you silver and did you get expedited shipping? My order that I paid with GC has not shipped yet because it can't process the GC because of being charged for free silver expedited shipping.
Nope, just regular with free shipping. Mine haven't shipped yet but should be getting packaged by the website.

So do I just check back once a day to see if anything is avalialbe for shipping? All the ;3ds: games I want say in store pick up only.

Of course, none of the items are avaliable to pick up -at -a store....

Paper Mario Sticker Story worth it?

So do I just check back once a day to see if anything is avalialbe for shipping? All the ;3ds: games I want say in store pick up only.

Of course, none of the items are avaliable to pick up -at -a store....

Paper Mario Sticker Story worth it?
They seem to have random restocks but there's no real rhyme or reason.

Anyone know if I can pay for the full order via a gift card? Really don't want to use my cc.
Of course, I paid for my two orders entirely with the GC I had from trading stuff on Sunday.
Oh cool, I might try this. Also didn't know this deal was in-store. Might try my luck. Not having high hopes on this deal having a great selection or being complete at my local store.

I got almost exactly the same. Donkey Kong, Galaxy 2, Skyward Sword, and Smash Bros. I already had Mario Kart Wii and NSBMU and I love them both.

So glad they put more of these available for shipping.

I got New Super Mario Bros Wii and Wii U, Donkey Kong Returns and Super Mario Galaxy 2. I'm thinking of getting Mario Kart Wii and Zelda Skyward Sword but I can't pick two more games.

I got almost exactly the same. Donkey Kong, Galaxy 2, Skyward Sword, and Smash Bros. I already had Mario Kart Wii and NSBMU and I love them both.

So glad they put more of these available for shipping.
Nice! Do you by any chance play Wii games on the Wii U? How do they look with HDMI?

I think they look better with the HDMI. When I first played Mario Galaxy on the WiiU I was impressed at how much better it looked. It's not a huge leap, but it's noticeably better. The colors look brighter and the sound is better. I ended up getting rid of my Wii.

Nice! Do you by any chance play Wii games on the Wii U? How do they look with HDMI?

I think they look better with the HDMI. When I first played Mario Galaxy on the WiiU I was impressed at how much better it looked. It's not a huge leap, but it's noticeably better. The colors look brighter and the sound is better. I ended up getting rid of my Wii.
Good to hear, I remember when I played Galaxy in my HD TV, the jaggies were everywhere but I didn't have component cables. But I'm so pumped lol good to hear they look nice!

If you go up close the jaggies will still be there, but not near as much at a distance. I had the component cables for Wii and that made a big difference. The WiiU is a step up from that. It's not amazing, but is a nice improvement.

Good to hear, I remember when I played Galaxy in my HD TV, the jaggies were everywhere but I didn't have component cables. But I'm so pumped lol good to hear they look nice!

Picked up NSMBU, Lego Undercover U, Monster Hunter U, and Sonic AllStars Racing for $76.xx total.

Although Sonic Allstars can be had for $20 or less, the other games are much more expensive. It would be a great price even if it was only NSMBU, Lego, and MHU. Sonic Allstars is just an added bonus. Although, I do wish Pikmin 3 was available. That would have made this deal incredible!

Either way, thanks for the head up OP.

Where can I get Sonic Allstars for under $20? I totally would jump on that. That and Lego City are the only Wii U games I wanted to get that are available.

Picked up NSMBU, Lego Undercover U, Monster Hunter U, and Sonic AllStars Racing for $76.xx total.

Although Sonic Allstars can be had for $20 or less, the other games are much more expensive. It would be a great price even if it was only NSMBU, Lego, and MHU. Sonic Allstars is just an added bonus. Although, I do wish Pikmin 3 was available. That would have made this deal incredible!

Either way, thanks for the head up OP.

Yep. Got me these.

Mario Kart 7

Luigi's Mansion

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity

EXTREMELY happy. Don't care if they're all cartridge only. At this price, I'll easily make back what I paid.

Woot! 

Got NSMB 2, Mario Kart 7, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and Super Mario 3D Land. Thanks again Hoarder for the heads up! For $26.xx shipped after a $20 cert, I am extremely pleased!

Not having luck on any of them :(

Seriously, am I mistakenly imagining people saying how Best Buy has better trade in value? Because NOWHERE within like 3-4 hours has a single copy of any of the trade 2 GS games

Another mini restock occurred.
Thanks a lot for the heads up Hoarder. Was able to get two orders in for 3DS:
Order 1
New Super Mario Bros 2
Mario Kart 7
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Lego City

Order 2
Pokemon mystery Dungeon
Super Mario 3D Land
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Mart Kart 7 (extra for nephew)

Id say overall a pretty decent hall.

had something strange happen. last night i tried to order NSMB2, Etrian Odyssey 4, KH: Dream Drop Distance HD, and Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask and none of these games were available for store pickup or shipping. I tried again tonight and all but NSMB2 were available for shipping. I switched NSMB2 out with Mario Tennis for 3ds and then my cart updated and said none of the games were available for shipping now. I readded NSMB2 to check that again and it was suddenly available for shipping to my store. But a minute later it was suddenly unavailable again... Must be a glitch or something.

Sad to say that best buy has let me down again for the second night in a row.
so tonight i decided to re submit my order even though i knew it wouldn't work. the website told me all 4 games were available at my local best buy. i didnt believe it so i clicked checkout and it didn't drop the games. submitted my order and it went through. they put a preauth hold on my bank account and the status on the website says "order in process." however, the email also says "confirming store inventory" for all 4 games. waiting for an employee to cancel my order in the morning because none of the games are in stock. does best buy get used games shipped from a warehouse or something? i was there earlier to buy madden and the best used 3ds game available was nintendogs + cats.

edit: looks like i didn't have to wait for the morning. order cancelled because none of the games were in stock. i hate best buy.

so tonight i decided to re submit my order even though i knew it wouldn't work. the website told me all 4 games were available at my local best buy. i didnt believe it so i clicked checkout and it didn't drop the games. submitted my order and it went through. they put a preauth hold on my bank account and the status on the website says "order in process." however, the email also says "confirming store inventory" for all 4 games. waiting for an employee to cancel my order in the morning because none of the games are in stock. does best buy get used games shipped from a warehouse or something? i was there earlier to buy madden and the best used 3ds game available was nintendogs + cats.

edit: looks like i didn't have to wait for the morning. order cancelled because none of the games were in stock. i hate best buy.
This is a common glitch that occurs mostly at night - everything becomes "available now" despite being out of stock.

bread's done
Back