[Back (again)!] Rygar $9.99 shipped (new) at EBgames.com

w00t w00t, i bought one too finally. Free shipping and no tax makes me happy... I was going to get this game used at gamecrazy for about 15 dollars, luckily I decided not to. Thanks dysheekie! :lol:

thanks!! but I now feel like picking up something slong with this, but dont knwo what to get... hmm..
x-file looks nice

oh my! I was just surfing around and then when I com eback to the check out page, it was only 2 left! so I hurry and get myself one and now I end up with Rygar and X-file, sweet!

[quote name='Supernothing']It's showing 95 left.[/quote]

how do u tell how many copies are left. i want to check that out too. thanks

Once again I *swore* I was going to go 1 week without buying another game, but once again a deal came along that I can't refuse. Thanks for posting this one. I bought one of these earlier today while surfing CAG at work.... ssshhhhhh...

Boy, this deal always gets annihilated so quickly :(

Ah, well, I'll get in on it ONE of these days :)

[quote name='King Bahamut']You can still get it for $10 by using that $10 free gift certificate that they mention in the thread here...[/quote]

That $10 "free" gift certificate has some heavy strings attached. I bought a $10 dreamcast at ebgames but made sure to cancel the membership to the travel rewards program, if you dont cancel the membership then they bill you $9 per month.) I used a second $10 off coupon to get a N64 system for $10 shipped and after they shipped I cancelled the cred card just to make sure that I wont get charged for the travel rewards program ;-)

Ordered. Dammit, I gotta get away from here for awhile -- picked up Unlimited Saga last week, Skies of Arcadia yesterday, now this, and i keep watching for a sale on Beyond Good and Evil -- I'm gonna be bankrupt and living in a hut made of game cases. :cry:

[quote name='OmegaRed5']Ordered. Dammit, I gotta get away from here for awhile -- picked up Unlimited Saga last week, Skies of Arcadia yesterday, now this, and i keep watching for a sale on Beyond Good and Evil -- I'm gonna be bankrupt and living in a hut made of game cases. :cry:[/quote]

look for BG & E at a local Best Buy. it's $15 using the GGC, definitely worth it ;)

had to contribute to your new home :D

[quote name='OmegaRed5']Ordered. Dammit, I gotta get away from here for awhile -- picked up Unlimited Saga last week, Skies of Arcadia yesterday, now this, and i keep watching for a sale on Beyond Good and Evil -- I'm gonna be bankrupt and living in a hut made of game cases. :cry:[/quote]

HAHA i've totally thought of that! Dude such is the curse of the CAGer, spending all of your money on games (and getting alot of them, but still), and then you have nothing left. As it stands, I could probably not buy another game and still have something to play for the next 5 years.

...and a materials to build a gamecase-shack if need be :D

i now understand why so many users of these forums have their game collections listed. when you buy 723498527340198234320981230 games for $10 each and live in a hut made from the cases, you might as well show off the one thing you've got! :D

Well were ;). Today EB actually started locking down on those codes - like yesterday (or rather, two days ago from this posting), one of my suitemates made like 10 different orders for 16 DVDs...and for his order for Oceans Eleven and Training Day, what EB did is double his order, and subtract $10 from that in his costs. However, EB did that as a slick move to send his purchase at the price he would've paid if he actually bought it without the coupon code. He called them up about it, and since it already shipped, he's going to refuse order, but as it shows, EB already knows about people abusing these coupon codes. Also, on the billing statement, it shows up as two different charges on his debit card, so EB obviously knows what they are doing with regards to the legal front, although changing the purchase price when the receipt has already been sent and printed for record purposes is a little shady...

However, EBgames.com has excellent customer service otherwise, and so I commend them, as that one instance is an example of abuse of a mistake, and an illegal one at that (another suitemate lost a legit code and he called and got it back without hassle).

I'm not sure if those are the methods they are using. A little birdie told me that they became fully aware of the problem yesterday morning, and that they probably wouldn't figure out what to do about it until today. Unfortunately, I haven't met another little birdie that knows what they ended up decideding to do though.

I recently had an order show up as two charges, but was far as I can tell it was because they were shipped seperately. When I checked on order status, it showed two tracking numbers, so that checks out. Additionally, the charges were the same as the price of the items (ie a $10 and a $1 item showed up as charges of $10 and $1), so that checks out.

The prob I have is that I can't find any reason why the items would have shipped seperately. The items were a game and that metal gear guide thing. I would have imagined they'd fit in the same box.

[quote name='waxHead']i now understand why so many users of these forums have their game collections listed. when you buy 723498527340198234320981230 games for $10 each and live in a hut made from the cases, you might as well show off the one thing you've got! :D[/quote]

ha!

Rygar
you would be mine, if only i had a credit card...

[quote name='MightySlacker']I'm not sure if those are the methods they are using. A little birdie told me that they became fully aware of the problem yesterday morning, and that they probably wouldn't figure out what to do about it until today. Unfortunately, I haven't met another little birdie that knows what they ended up decideding to do though.

I recently had an order show up as two charges, but was far as I can tell it was because they were shipped seperately. When I checked on order status, it showed two tracking numbers, so that checks out. Additionally, the charges were the same as the price of the items (ie a $10 and a $1 item showed up as charges of $10 and $1), so that checks out.

The prob I have is that I can't find any reason why the items would have shipped seperately. The items were a game and that metal gear guide thing. I would have imagined they'd fit in the same box.[/quote]

Was your order quantity doubled? That's what happened to my suitemate otherwise...

I had seven orders ship yesterday, and they're all OK. (Single shipments, single charges, etc.) I completed the orders two days ago, so it's probably not in their catch area. I could have kept doing it, but after seven times, you start feeling a little dirty.

Heh. Today they cancelled my Mega Man Anniversary Collection preorder and gave me a $0.90 discount on the Gift Wrap >_< (the gift wrap part was because I tried to order a GBA SP carrying case for $0.98 - they cancelled my carrying case but are still shipping the gift wrap...).

I got two shipping emails for one game, I got one yesterday and one today. I don't know if they charge twice though, because if they were doing that they would have to send two billing sheets. Also in the first email, it only had the game shipping, and in the second one, the game and wrapping was shipping.

Bahamut, can you check your suitemates' order forms and see if the same thing happened to them? I'm a little curious.

But I also figure if they ship two games, one for full price, I can always return one for full credit.

Is the fact that this game keeps dropping, an omen telling me to buy it?
I was just at the mall, and EB had it for 17.99 used.
I've heard it's kind of short, and thet Devil May Cry [which I just got, and am only one mission into] does a lot of things Rygar does, slightly better. I do like the setting though, I've always been into Greek mythology.

Might as well give it a try. I wasn't going to order at first, but a lot of people say they enjoyed the game, so I decided to pick it up. It's only $10, so you won't be losing much if you don't like it.

That's been my thinking about many of the deals on this site--too cheap *not* to get. [Even Summer Heat Beach Volleyball was worth four bucks.] Unfortunately, that's a hard sell to a non-gaming spouse : )
But I did just sell something on Half.com this morning, so it balances out....

[quote name='dtcarson']That's been my thinking about many of the deals on this site--too cheap *not* to get. [Even Summer Heat Beach Volleyball was worth four bucks.] Unfortunately, that's a hard sell to a non-gaming spouse : )
But I did just sell something on Half.com this morning, so it balances out....[/quote]

My sentiments exactly. I just saved a bunch of money on my auto insurance, so it all evens out.

bread's done
Back