[Back!] Amazon DotD 12/25 - Manhunt 2 via PS2 $15

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']Nothing says Christmas like murder.[/quote]

51RQ68H4FML._SS500_.jpg

It's an okay price...currently #1 seller in Action -> Horrow but ranked 580 in overall video games overall as of this post.

Not a bad deal, but the game doesn't interest me. I saw where the kill scenes are now filtered in a strange way that doesn't allow you to even see what is going on. That's like buying a Playboy and the girls all wearing raincoats. Kind of defeats the purpose of what was intended.

I got the Wii version as a X-mas gift. Even for $15 I could not see myself buying the PS2 version. While the core game is fine, the Wii controlls make this game more worthwhile (I owned the first manhunt for PS2, and since the PS2 controlls are probably not that different, I prefer the Wii).

Actually, the best version isn't for the Wii or the PS2. If you want to play the game as intended, buy it on PSP.

All three versions are censored, with the version for the Wii censored the most heavily. Even though the PS2 and PSP versions are censored equally, the one for PSP can be hacked to remove the filters. That still leaves you with an entire level of the game missing (ratings for brutal kills, which is half the motivation for carnage in a stealth game), but at least the bloodshed's visible.

If you've bought the hackable PSP version, at least you've supported Rockstar for bucking against the current insane climate, in which games that aren't supposed to be sold to minors are censored more than films meant for anyone to see.

This deal is better than the ones they had during their December Days thing, if you ask me.

Mind you, I'll still wait and hope I can find it for $10 or less on clearance eventually, due to the censorship that occured with it.

I went all the way up to the page before placing the order and changed my mind cause I KNOW I'll eventually find it CHEAPER.

Well, if you happen to have a PS2 Code Breaker I have the enable code (which on the CMGSCCC.com code page for the game) and the code to clear the filters from the game (which is NOT on the game's code page for legal reasons). I haven't tried them, but I have no reason to think they don't work. I'd post it here but I don't want to cause any problems, so if you're interested just send me a PM.

I'm thinking about buying it, but I didn't like the first Manhunt very much at all, but I hear there are more "run and gun" moments to Manhunt 2, which I'd like I think. I don't know, guess I'll think about it.

EDIT\ lol! The codes are on the Amazon page in the Customer Reviews section. If they were hacked by who I think they were, they'll work perfectly.

I don't have a Code Breaker though(though I may check the local GS stores for used copies now), so uncensoring it that way is of no use to me. Although, if I ever DID have the Code Breaker, I'd definitely try it out on my 'hot coffee' version of San Andreas. :lol:

lol well I find a lot of uses for the PS2 CB on games. To me, it actually makes them more fun, but that's just my opinion. :)

I read up on the game, it sounds cool, plus there was a few movies I was wanting anyway, so I bit. I'm sure I'll find the game for less than $9.99 later (especially since I just bought it :\) but no tax, no shipping cost, it doesn't seem like a bad deal to me for a new, sealed copy.

Thanks for posting, OP! lol an odd game choice for Christmas, but it works for me.

No shipping cost? You must've done the $25 to get free shipping thing, but that was the only thing I found that I wanted. But, since I couldn't find anything else I wanted, I'll forgo getting this for now. Thanks for posting OP....

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No shipping cost? You must've done the $25 to get free shipping thing, but that was the only thing I found that I wanted. But, since I couldn't find anything else I wanted, I'll forgo getting this for now. Thanks for posting OP....[/QUOTE]

Yeah I mentioned there was a few DVDs I was wanting to buy anyway (Fifth Element, 12 Monkeys, Dragonheart 1+2) so Manhunt 2 actually pushed me over the free shipping threshold. ^_^

bread's done
Back