BACK IN STOCK!!! Earth Defense Force 2017(Xbox 360) New - $11.82

BlueSwim

CAGiversary!
Well, if you never got around to picking up a new copy of Earth Defense Force 2017 for the Xbox 360, you have no excuse now. Walmart.com has EDF2017 on clearance for only $11.82, A.K.A. a freaking steal. Sure, it came out a few years ago, but it is undoubtedly a cult-classic and this is the best price I've ever seen it for all by itself. If you've never played the Godzilla of gaming, you can change that at the link below.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5515978

Last edited by a moderator:
Just grabbed a copy and it said "Temporarily Out of Stock". Those went fast. I traded a copy long ago from the TRU clearance bin. Looking forward to playing!

Now I feel like a fool for paying $13 for this on ebay last week.

Personally I think this game is great... it is pretty straightforward but there is also a little bit of strategy you can use. For the person asking if single player is fun: that's the only way I've played the game so far and I think it's just fine, although it probably would be even better with a friend. Don't much care for the saving system, I charged through like 15 of the last levels once and lost all my progress because I forgot to save. The frame rate is bad, but I don't really hate on the graphics so much, I really like that shiny metallic look.

I had a blast with this in single-player too. It's weird. It looks and plays like a last-gen shooter, but the tons of weapons, destructible environments, giant bugs, robots, vehicles, comical radio chatter and insane # of enemies made this a ton of fun.

[quote name='Chuckiefresh']Thank for the opinions guys, you convinced me. I picked up the combo pack from Amazon.

I'm hoping me and my 4 year old son can play this together.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't being sarcastic with my comment. I have an absolute blast playing with my son while on the normal difficulty.

Say what you want about time spent playing video games vs. reading books, but I think this is working wonders for my son's spatial skills and hand-eye coordination. Maybe he'll go into neurosurgery someday with the practice he's getting today! All thanks to those giant ants.... ;)

[quote name='eastshore4']Now I feel like a fool for paying $13 for this on ebay last week.

Personally I think this game is great...[/QUOTE]It's hard to feel foolish when you get a great game for $13 when people buy mediocre games for $60.

[quote name='mbartholow']Just grabbed a copy and it said "Temporarily Out of Stock". Those went fast. I traded a copy long ago from the TRU clearance bin. Looking forward to playing![/QUOTE]

Update to anyone looking. My "OOS" DeepDiscount order just turned into a "Canceled because item is discontinued and we don't have it anymore". No game for me. Boo.

[quote name='jrrab']i hope this is a joke I literally tossed this game in the trash after I played it.[/QUOTE]
picture.php

EDF2017 is my proudest 1000/1000 achievement points

I wouldn't call the game "underrated," it really is pretty awful. I would classify it as "so bad, it's good" and even better with a co-op partner.

Everyone is so up on this game, that is good news (still waiting for mine)

Is this anything like Lost Planet? Just by looking at the back of the title (never seen gameplay footage, too lazy to look now) it seems like it'd be a game where you're constantly moving and shooting. But I didn't like Lost Planet...it was too hard.

The game is awesome. One of the best 2 player coop games I've played in a long time. It really gets intense as you try to get some of the better weapons by playing on higher difficulties.

-Haha nice blueswim

I ordered one since I've heard so many good things about the coop fun to be had with this game, needed something me and my buddy could play after we have beaten all the other coop shooters.

Wow, just got it, and it's amazing. Thanks for the heads-up! I love D3 Publisher. All their games are awesomely bad. Just a shame most never make it stateside.

I saw "EDF" a little while ago at Blockbuster when they dropped a bunch of games to $6.99 (I finally got "Dead Rising"), so it's possible you could find it there for super-cheap.

And for the record, I can't suggest you do so strongly enough. As I've said many times before, after "GTA IV" and "Portal" (if I had a PS3, "Ratchet & Clank: UYA" would be in the discussion as well), "EDF 2017" is my favorite game of this generation. I played no less than 60 hours of it, and I still go back to it every now and then just for the hell of it. It is immensely fun from start to finish, and it's undoubtedly my favorite "kitschy" game ever.

I have this game and it is a dust collector. I guess I am one of those people who found it to be pretty lame. . .

This game may be corny but IT IS NOT easy. Normal mode?-sure. Try playing Inferno by yourself and tell me how many time you wanted to throw your controller. Best part about the game besides the B-movie feel? It dosn't freeze (even though it looks like its going to) Glitches are pretty much non-exsistant, and many things die when you shoot lots of bullets (love the turrets)- Buy this NOW if you haven't played.

Finally beat it on Inferno only after me and my roommate teamed up for some split screen action. Can't get lucky enough to find the one last damn weapon for 1000 gamerscore. uhg.

IMO, $11 is too much. I purchased this game at Blockbuster for $6 and that's exactly how much it's worth. Vehicles are useless, levels are repetitive, graphics and gameplay are last gen, and achievements suck if you care about that type of stuff. It isn't the worst game I have played but it's still a mediocre one. Sure, I had some type of fun with it but it didn't last very long. It's one of those games you'll play the day you purchase it and forget you even owned it next week. If you plan on purchasing this game, do yourself a favor and at least watch a gameplay video.

Just picked up a copy ... I still had a 10$ gift card from the whole really cheap pre order fiasco when Brawl was comming out, so I pretty much spend 2.50 on the game :D

bread's done
Back