*Back in Stock* Resident Evil 4 PS2 - Collector's Edition for $119 *Ada Wong Edition*

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Lifted from EvilAvatar.com:

The package will be $119 shipped free. Here are the details:

This special collector's pack is a must for any die hard Resident Evil fan! Only 100 of these will be sold exclusively through Capcom's online store. Along with the award winning Resident Evil 4 game, this pack will feature the limited Biohazard Sound Chronicle Best Track Box only available in Japan. This 6 CD box set includes digitally remastered music from Biohazard 2, Biohazard 3, Biohazard Code: Veronica and never before released soundtracks from Biohazard, Biohazard ø, and Biohazard 4. Also included is the newly released 7" Leon action figure by NECA toys and a Resident Evil 4 T-shirt (size XL). Don't miss your chance to purchase this Limited Resident Evil 4 Collector's Pack only offered by Capcom.

Hardly Cheap Ass, but figured one or two of us might like to jump on this.

Haha, forgot the link: http://www.capcom.com/xpml/game.xpml?gameid=800059 ^^;

Well 100 through their website, I'm sure other stores will carry it. If not, however, thats gonna be a pretty penny on ebay down the road.

Capcom, you assholes. Make one good game in the past year and milk it for what it's worth. I know we don't have to buy the collector's edition but PFFTTTT....

There's MUSIC in the RE games? It's been a while for me (RE3), but I don't remember anything much, besides crow cawing and the like...And why is it always XL shirts that come with stuff (DVD box sets, etc.)? It's a bit...annoying.

I'm curious why anyone thinks this will be valuable down the road. The soundtrack and doll can be purchased separately from various on-line retailers and it's not like it all comes boxed in a special case or something. What's the big deal?

[quote name='rabbitt']Capcom, you assholes. Make one good game in the past year and milk it for what it's worth. I know we don't have to buy the collector's edition but PFFTTTT....[/QUOTE]

If they were "milking it" they'd make more than 100, do you think an extra 12,000.00 is gonna even make a tiny blip on Capcom's profit radar?

The soundtrack dealy is the only thing I'd want out of that. The game's worth $40 to me so...$80 for a soundtrack set? No thanks.

My Half Life 2 shirt is tight on me :(

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm curious why anyone thinks this will be valuable down the road. The soundtrack and doll can be purchased separately from various on-line retailers and it's not like it all comes boxed in a special case or something. What's the big deal?[/QUOTE]

excpt the soundtrack set was released in limited quantities and it's pretty rare to find

even then, the soundtrack set alone is $70, so this is actually a pretty good deal

RE4 - $40
Soundtrack set - $70

That's $110 already...I'm sure the figure+t-shirt is worth more than $10

I actually bought that 6 cd box set from ebay for 35 plus 15 shipped for Korea...really good as it has the music from Zero, the remake , 4, and the others :)
Highly recommended.

[quote name='lionheart4life']Someone throw down 10 grand and by them all. Then you can jack the price up all you want.[/QUOTE]
And I bet you that someone out there will do that. That's probably what happened to all the Disagaee copies.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I actually bought that 6 cd box set from ebay for 35 plus 15 shipped for Korea...really good as it has the music from Zero, the remake , 4, and the others :)
Highly recommended.[/QUOTE]

who did you buy it off from ebay? also pm me it.

bah, metal gear is nothing compared to Resident Evil. Actually nothing compares to being chased by zombies, monsters and crazed villagers with chainsaws :)

[quote name='pete5883']Praise Allah that I'm not an RE fan, god help me if Konami does something like this for the next Metal Gear :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Wow, this would be great, even though I haven't played a RE game since RE2, would pick it up just for collectors reason, and then buy the game again but I don't think I really want to spend $120 just to look at something on my shelf.

Isn't this just for the normal version of the game plus a soundtrack box and an action figure? You could buy the soundtrack set off playasia and the GS LE Editon for around the same price.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']You guys aren't realizing the long-term effects of these.

Buy one, keep it mint for a year or two, sell it for $200-400.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't sound very dependable ... sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't :p

Does anyone like to juggle their junk while they are on the PC or scratch their scrotum? It feels real good doesn't it? :lol:

It's a favorite pasttime for me at work whenever I think about having to work on fucking Saturday ...

If I didn't already have this on the Cube or if RE 4 on the PS2 had a lot more to it then what it does compared to the Cube version I would chances are buy this. As of now RE 4 on the PS2 is only worth about 20 bucks to me just for the extras. I hate when they do this crap. It's the double dipping of the video game market. Make it for one system then a year later put it out on another or make a nother edition with extra to it.

Well, I gave into the collector's temptation in me and ordered it! Now the wait begins. ;)

All I gotta say, for 120.00, this shit better be more than just a few random items, it better be in a nice collector's box, numbered or something, something to let us know that it is indeed the collector's pack and we didn't just buy the game/soundtrack/Figure seperately

Thanks, OP! I will definately buy this collector's pack in the near future. With the wake of college, lately I've been holding off on games and saving every dime I get. But for $119.00, this is MORE than worth it.

P.S. Some of you guys need to just accept the fact that RE4 is for PS2 now. Technically, it was never a Gamecube exclusive (because Capcom officially announced RE4 for PS2 even before it came out on Gamecube...). So don't hate.

[quote name='pete5883']Praise Allah that I'm not an RE fan, god help me if Konami does something like this for the next Metal Gear :bomb:[/QUOTE]

LOL! Same here!

[quote name='Doom Gaze']Man, seriously.

If you don't have the Gamecube version already, you shouldn't play RE games.[/QUOTE]

I think your sig factors into your alliance with you console preference.

I say, if your a fan, you'd have both. If you're a casual gamer, you should have either version. If your a rich fan, you'll get this LE. But if you call yourself a gamer, you must own any version of this game.

[quote name='Jeoff']The soundtrack dealy is the only thing I'd want out of that. The game's worth $40 to me so...$80 for a soundtrack set? No thanks.

My Half Life 2 shirt is tight on me :([/QUOTE]

Lard-ass

From what it looks like, this set is not going to be nestled in some exclusive type of collector's box.

According to the description:

This special collector's pack is a must for any die hard Resident Evil fan! Only 100 of these will be sold exclusively through Capcom's online store. Along with the award winning Resident Evil 4 game, this pack will feature the limited Biohazard Sound Chronicle Best Track Box only available in Japan. This 6 CD box set includes digitally remastered music from Biohazard 2, Biohazard 3, Biohazard Code: Veronica and never before released soundtracks from Biohazard, Biohazard ø, and Biohazard 4. Also included is the newly released 7" Leon action figure by NECA toys and a Resident Evil 4 T-shirt (size XL). Don't miss your chance to purchase this Limited Resident Evil 4 Collector's Pack only offered by Capcom.

Contents:

- Resident Evil 4 for PS2
- Biohazard Sound Chronicle Best Track Box
- 7” Leon Figure
- Resident Evil 4 T-shirt

Not anywhere in the description does it state that the set is going to be in some sort of special box or container. Plus, the images of the set are simply a collage of other individual images of the Leon figure, the PS2 game and the Bio Hazard Sound Chronicle Best Soundtrack Box Set. The t-shirt isn't even pictured.

To what it works out at, you're pretty much getting the Leon figure and the t-shirt for free.

Here is the comparison -

RE4 PS2 MSRP $39.99 (standard version, available most anywhere)

Bio Hazard Sound Chronicle Best Soundtrack Box Set MSRP: $94.99 (prices will vary by retailer)
Available from specialty shops like Play Asia and they have it set at $119.90.

NECA Leon RE4 figure MSRP $14.99

T-shirt MSRP $9.99

All in all, the best part of the set itself would have to be the Soundtrack Box Set, which is very, very hard to find now, simply because it was A) only sold in Japan, B) was limited in production and finally C) was expensive when it was initially released, so only the really hardcore Bio Hazard/Resident Evil Fans managed to scoop it up.

The game will eventually go down in price as will the figure, but action figure markets fluctuate so drastically with supply and demand that it's hard to predict whether or not the NECA RE4 figures will be maintaining a steady price within the coming years. Judging from the previous RE franchise efforts by Toy Biz and Blue Box Toys, the RE4 figures from NECA might be worth something more than retail since the figures look on par with the quality found on other toy company figures from the likes of McFarlane Toys and MAC.

Keep in mind that the soundtrack box set will probably maintain it's price and most likely increase in value since more and more video game players out there are starting to become 'collectors' who want anything and everything to do with specific games or game franchises.

Case in point: A couple of years ago, someone offered me $300.00 for my long out-of-print copy of "Perfect Selection Dracula Battle" by Konami (an Akumajo Dracula/Castlevania arranged music album. Think old CV classic music, but re-done in a Heavy Metal style.). I bought the CD back in 1997 for $35.00, and since then, have rarely seen it on places like Ebay. Even when it was listed on Ebay, the prices for it were a minimum of at least $200.00+.

Overall, the soundtrack box set is going to be the most sought after part of the set. The next item that will be worth something down the line will be the figure, followed by the t-shirt and finally the game itself. (As you probably know, all software eventually becomes very cheap.)

$119.00 shipped for this entire bundle is a definite steal, considering that the soundtrack box set is about $119.00 anyway.

I'd jump on this set myself, but I already bought my soundtrack box set a couple of months ago. The figures I can buy individually and the t-shirt I really don't care for. The game however, has already been pre-ordered (GameStop exclusive collector's edition) even though I've already fully played out the GCN version.

Damn, I love RE.

Well, I got a response from the letter I sent them, so the deal is officially dead and I am officially kinda pissed:

Thank you for contacting Capcom U.S.A., Inc. All orders are processed and verified through our Customer Service and orders in excess of 100 will receive notification that this title has sold out. Currently, we are sold out. You may wish to check back at our site in the near future, should any other versions of this set become available. This set is not packaged in any special way; it is a package deal for the items listed. This is the first time we have made the Resident Evil/Biohazard Soundtrack Box available in the United States. We appreciate your continued support of Capcom products!

bread's done
Back