[back in stock] Sony LocationFree® Base Station Model LF-B10 $34.98 shipped

I'd dig up one of the newer LF-V30 models, which has component cable support, if I could, instead of get one of the older B models. Especially the B10 which doesn't even have wifi support, and needs to be connected to a lan cable.

The V30 gives a slingbox a run for it's money, and does things the standard slingbox's don't do like run on a psp flawlessly. Watching your cable tv lineup on your psp anywhere in the world with a wifi connection is pretty awesome. And the PC player software is now free, it used to require a license fee if you used it on more than one pc.

Mine's wicked, and I get a lot of use out of it. But get the V30. It's wireless lan and HD component inputs are bigtime.

This is one of the best purchases I ever made. Control your home TV/TIVO on your PSP or laptop anywhere you have a WIFI connection. If I am out and about and need to record a show, simply find a WIFI(Starbuck, MCDs, etc) and control your TIVO box just like you were at home. Got mine last time they were on sale, keep this link handy as they randomly restock them. If you call Staples and give them the item number, they can store search for you.

Snagged one online, thanks.

Now to sell some of my games to pay for it before the bill comes due. Hopefully I can also use it on my phone.

[quote name='Vader582']Thx to the OP and for the bumps today! In for 1. Thought I'd missed-out this.[/quote]

Damn you! You beat me to it on the cart. I had it added but once i finished inputting my cc info, it went out of stock again!:bomb:

[quote name='VipFREAK']Lame... also lame is how much they add on for shipping and tax...[/quote]

Shipping was free for me and I expect to pay tax on things I buy.

So wait, this model doesn't have Wi-Fi? That's what I really need. Specs aren't very forthcoming on CNET either.
Is it possible to switch out at Staples B&M for a wireless model?

Also: It's back up already.

[quote name='Alucard400']Damn you! You beat me to it on the cart. I had it added but once i finished inputting my cc info, it went out of stock again!:bomb:[/quote]

Ack! Sorry about that! I've been in that boat so I know how it feels.:cry:

[quote name='nick_fazekas']I'd dig up one of the newer LF-V30 models, which has component cable support, if I could, instead of get one of the older B models. Especially the B10 which doesn't even have wifi support, and needs to be connected to a lan cable.

The V30 gives a slingbox a run for it's money, and does things the standard slingbox's don't do like run on a psp flawlessly. Watching your cable tv lineup on your psp anywhere in the world with a wifi connection is pretty awesome. And the PC player software is now free, it used to require a license fee if you used it on more than one pc.

Mine's wicked, and I get a lot of use out of it. But get the V30. It's wireless lan and HD component inputs are bigtime.[/quote]
The V30 specs are nice but $36 vs $150+ makes the B10 a more reasonable experiment. I'm lucky in that my house has a wired network so my wi-fi is only used for the PSP and laptop. Perhaps one day Staples will have the V30 on massive clearance? :D

Free shipping for me as well. Total came to $36.73 with tax so I can't complain. Expected Delivery: Tues. 20th.

[quote name='briandadude']Shipping was free for me and I expect to pay tax on things I buy.[/quote]

What was your final price?

[quote name='itlnstln']This is one of the best purchases I ever made. Control your home TV/TIVO on your PSP or laptop anywhere you have a WIFI connection. If I am out and about and need to record a show, simply find a WIFI(Starbuck, MCDs, etc) and control your TIVO box just like you were at home. Got mine last time they were on sale, keep this link handy as they randomly restock them. If you call Staples and give them the item number, they can store search for you.[/quote]

Are you saying you have the BF10 model, and it has wireless capability?

[quote name='Watchman']So wait, this model doesn't have Wi-Fi? That's what I really need. Specs aren't very forthcoming on CNET either.
Is it possible to switch out at Staples B&M for a wireless model?

Also: It's back up already.[/quote]

The main difference between this model and the B20 is that with the B10 you must connect it to your router via an ethernet cable, while the B20 allows you to connect via Wifi. However, both models allow you to access your channels anywhere where you have internet access.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

[quote name='itlnstln']Got mine last time they were on sale, keep this link handy as they randomly restock them. If you call Staples and give them the item number, they can store search for you.[/quote]

So, can I buy it at this price at the store?

[quote name='briandadude']The main difference between this model and the B20 is that with the B10 you cannot connect it to your router wirelessly (requires an ethernet cable), while you can with the B20. However, both models allow you to access your channels anywhere where you have internet access.

Hope that clears it up a bit.[/quote]

That it does. Now I'm thinking of still getting one and (unfortunately) running a 30-footer cable from my roommate's router out of her office and into the living room...

I really don't like running cables like this.

I wonder if they'll sell you the BF20 at B&M stores for the same price if they're OOS?

[quote name='VipFREAK']What was your final price?[/quote]

Subtotal:$84.98
Coupon Total:$50.00
Delivery:$0.00
Tax:$2.89
Total Ordered:$37.87

By the way, I've heard of people buying ink coupons from ebay and saving another $6. In no way am I suggesting you try, as I have not tried it myself, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

[quote name='Watchman']

I wonder if they'll sell you the BF20 at B&M stores for the same price if they're OOS?[/QUOTE]

You're more likely to have the cashier do a striptease for you.

Mine came out to the exact same price, and shipping date. No shipping, regular tax.

I was able to get one this morning before it went out of stock again. Free shipping and same price as previously posted:

Subtotal: $84.98
Delivery: FREE
Coupon1: -$50.00
Tax: $2.89
Total: $37.87

I just got off the phone with an operator from Staples, who told me that this is an online-only deal-- they don't carry these in B&M. So get it while you can.

Also--BB has the VF-30 (wireless) model on sale online for $169, 30 off retail-- Pricegrabber has a $5 rebate for writing a review for it too. Lowest price out there right now. Just FYI

Grabbed two for $38 each with tax. These are going for $75-$85 on Ebay but I'm willing to split the difference to help a fellow CAG out. If anyone wants an extra for $58 shipped, send me a PM. I know I'm asking $20 more than I paid, but after shipping and Paypal fees, I'll barely be making anything on the deal...and the gas getting to the post office will probably make me lose money, lol ;)

Man. I had class today from 2pm to 4pm. IT just had to restock during that time when I was refreshing the page every 3 mins to check stock before I headed out >_

[quote name='Watchman']I just got off the phone with an operator from Staples, who told me that this is an online-only deal-- they don't carry these in B&M. So get it while you can.

Also--BB has the VF-30 (wireless) model on sale online for $169, 30 off retail-- Pricegrabber has a $5 rebate for writing a review for it too. Lowest price out there right now. Just FYI[/quote]

That thing is nice, that it has wifi and component inputs. The problem is, I'll probably own a ps3 in the future and I can just use that to stream stuff off my hdd from the computer and then just run it off my psp on any wifi spot.

[quote name='Alucard400']That thing is nice, that it has wifi and component inputs. The problem is, I'll probably own a ps3 in the future and I can just use that to stream stuff off my hdd from the computer and then just run it off my psp on any wifi spot.[/quote]

How's that work? I'll have the 80 gig in a few weeks-- and I have a Mac. I just want to watch stuff off my DVR.

[quote name='Watchman']How's that work? I'll have the 80 gig in a few weeks-- and I have a Mac. I just want to watch stuff off my DVR.[/QUOTE]

Unless your DVR is a computer, you'll need one of the LF players to control it.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Unless your DVR is a computer, you'll need one of the LF players to control it.[/quote]

Explain LF?

[quote name='neonglow']LocationFree®[/quote]

D'oh. I knew that before I even saw the reply. But I don't understand what he means by "unless your DVR is a computer".

Just another addition here:

I've read a few places online that people have figured out how to use the locationfree player with a ps3 running linux to record video.

Basically you can rig up your ps3 to act as a DVR. I'm not quite sure how, as of yet, just heard that it can be done.

nope. gone during checkout.

Order went through the previous time they were on sale and they never sent it. Claimed they emailed an out of stock cancel. Liars. Status of ship date never changed.

In for one of these things- I've wanted to play with a Locationfree player for a while now, and this low of a price enables me to do that.

Thanks a ton, OP!

bread's done
Back