(Back to $30) Metal Gear Solid 3 $20 NEW at EB

rather wait for Subsistence, 3rd person view + online play + the goodies from the Europe version...

$20 isn't bad at all for one of the best games of 2004, nice find

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! That's the 3rd game that I have, thinking of selling, that has dropped! Still MGS3 and Paper Mario are great games. Suikoden 4 on the otherhand is okay...

Whoopee, I just ordered one right now. There are still at least 99 copies of the game in stock as of the time of this post. Thanks a bunch, PenguinMaster!

[quote name='dd_mcdoodle']There are still at least 99 copies of the game in stock as of the time of this post.[/QUOTE]
Still 100+.
I wonder how many of the Konami Preview Discs they have?

If I didn't have it, would I wait? I guess so, because if I didn't have it by now, I must not be a big fan of the series. Of course, I am, and so I preordered Snake Eater.

[quote name='BIG5']If I didn't have it, would I wait? I guess so, because if I didn't have it by now, I must not be a big fan of the series. Of course, I am, and so I preordered Snake Eater.[/QUOTE]
I'm a fan of the series, and I've waited.

I bought mine used instore when it was $11.69 A/C. The upcoming version sounds pretty cool, but from what I've heard about the revamped version of MGS2 was that the original was just as good, and a better buy for its price. The upcoming version will probably be only slightly better and retail for $50. Just a thought.

I'll be getting this(already beat it) & I will get substinence(not for 50 bones though) I gotta keep the MGS collection complete!

Bah, just paid $15 for this used at a pawn shop, and it didn't include the manual. Oh well, at least I got the strategy guide for it as well, I guess if nothing else I could sell it back to Gamestop for a decent amount and wait for Substinance.

BTW, what's the online play and European goodies in Substinance?

I got it for $9.99 cuz i had a $10 off coupon from that site that asks you to fill out a survey after you order from ebgames.com

Then I got another $10 off coupon from that place, Just use a different email adress

[quote name='mr ryles']I got it for $9.99 cuz i had a $10 off coupon from that site that asks you to fill out a survey after you order from ebgames.com

Then I got another $10 off coupon from that place, Just use a different email adress[/QUOTE]

How'd you get the survey? What's "that site"? Forgive my possibly newb question....

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Still 100+.
I wonder how many of the Konami Preview Discs they have?[/QUOTE]
I'd imagine quite a lot. I still see some at Best Buy and Circuit City, for a penny of course.

I'd actually wait for subsistence -- if you don't recall, the price for substance fell awfully fast -- reason being only the hardcore fan will buy it, and like MGS2, anyone who wanted it already bought the regular version. I suspect the same is true with MGS3 -- I doubt that the new one will retail for $39 or $49 for very long.

Snake Eater's now $29.99 as of 5/27 8:42 AM EST.

Some other MGS things I noticed:

MGS4 is ready to pre-order right now..for $59.99.

Ac!d 2 is going to sell for $49.99 instead of Ac!d's launch price of $39.99. Damn!

The original Metal Gear is $6 without the box or instructions. Hell, if I wanted the cart so bad, I'd hit up a local flea market and get it for $1 or a quarter.

[quote name='BIG5']But... why?[/QUOTE]
Because I don't HAVE to play every game that I like the second it comes out. I've already got a ton of games I need to play lined up. I love the series, but that doesn't mean the world stops every time a new entry in the serires comes out.

Don't they blacklist you only if you do it twice PER MONTH? can u do it once every month, cancel the membership each time and not get blacklisted?

[quote name='gamefreak117']The Reservation Rewards program thing that you can do after you make a purchase online..

Basically, it is a program that you can get a $10 electronic online voucher to use as a bonus when you subscribe, and you can cancel it, but it needs a credit card to work it. You cannot abuse the system because after about 2 times you cancel, they will blacklist you.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3002&highlight=reservation+rewards[/QUOTE]

I never cancel them I just let them send me their crap and it chills in my spam. I have 4 different emails so I can still get 2 more of these.

Where they get you is that it has to be a $10 purchase not $9.99. I went to get LOTR: 3rd age for $9.99 and use this coupon but I couldn't so I had to add some little cheap $.99 thing to my cart.

[quote name='mentos888']Don't they blacklist you only if you do it twice PER MONTH? can u do it once every month, cancel the membership each time and not get blacklisted?[/QUOTE]

Really? That actually makes it worth trying.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre'] The upcoming version sounds pretty cool, but from what I've heard about the revamped version of MGS2 was that the original was just as good, and a better buy for its price. The upcoming version will probably be only slightly better and retail for $50. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

The original version definately WON'T be a better buy, regardless of the price.

Substience (sp?) is adding in both the MSX Metal Gear 1 and 2, for the first time in the US I believe. This is the *official* first two entries in the series... Kojima believes the NES Metal Gear 1 and 2 (espically 2) are such travesties upon the series.

Not to mention the online version it's also adding... but the MSX games are worth the extra money, espically since we can finally experience Metal Gear series the way it was meant to be experienced from the beginning.

I think two extra games ana an online mode is more than "slightly better".... but opinions will vary, I guess.

[quote name='Roufuss']The original version definately WON'T be a better buy, regardless of the price.

Substience (sp?) is adding in both the MSX Metal Gear 1 and 2, for the first time in the US I believe. This is the *official* first two entries in the series... Kojima believes the NES Metal Gear 1 and 2 (espically 2) are such travesties upon the series.

Not to mention the online version it's also adding... but the MSX games are worth the extra money, espically since we can finally experience Metal Gear series the way it was meant to be experienced from the beginning.

I think two extra games ana an online mode is more than "slightly better".... but opinions will vary, I guess.[/QUOTE]

What he said :) And again, while this game will certainly be better than the regular MGS3, keep in mind demand for it will likely be far below supply, and given this one is probably coming out along with several other big games and at pretty much the end of the PS2 cycle, I expect it to fall to $20 in most stores very quickly.

3rd person. Waiting for 3.5.

Tangent: if you want a badass 3rd person millitary game, try kill.switch. AMAZINGLY fun.

might be a stupid question but, Online is still 19.99 i went in store today it was 29.99 can they match online prices ?

[quote name='Samurai X']might be a stupid question but, Online is still 19.99 i went in store today it was 29.99 can they match online prices ?[/QUOTE]

It's YMMV dependent on who is working.

The manager at the local EB matched prices for me before - Commandos 3 was 9.99 new for PC, website had it as 1.99, she told me she'd match if I printed out the web site listing.

But there have been other times were different people at the same store have clearly told me no, and given me the whole "EB's website and the store are two different things, so we have no control over the prices".

It's worth a shot, though.

[quote name='Roufuss']It's YMMV dependent on who is working.

The manager at the local EB matched prices for me before - Commandos 3 was 9.99 new for PC, website had it as 1.99, she told me she'd match if I printed out the web site listing.

But there have been other times were different people at the same store have clearly told me no, and given me the whole "EB's website and the store are two different things, so we have no control over the prices".

It's worth a shot, though.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i couple years ago i went to an EB Games around Davenport, Iowa....they said that they would pricematch onilne....all the stores in my area dont though

Picked my copy up online , for 23.44 total , hope i get the bonus altough it dosn't make much of a difference , you cannot ask for a better deal , unless of course you pick it up in store by doing so saving the shipping money and you have it right away, but shipping and handling for 1.99 through eb saver is not bad at all, 5- 10 business days I'm happy with that !

bread's done
Back