Back to Stone & Mazes of Fate (GBA) $7.99 at Burlington Coat Factory (YMMV)...

josekortez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
No, I haven't been drinking and yes, you're reading this right.

While at a way out Burlington Coat Factory store yesterday, I found a value games rack with a lot of crappy PS2 and Xbox titles, but they did have two HTF games for the Game Boy Advance system, Back to Stone and Mazes of Fate for $7.99 each. I had been looking for these games new in-store for months and haven't had much luck before now...

I realize nobody's playing the GBA much these days, but I couldn't pass up the unique opportunity to post a video game deal at Burlington Coat Factory.

And remember, folks, they're more than just coats!

Sounds like some decent deals. Last time I was at a Burlington Coat Factory, the only games they had were at MSRP like NHL 2K5 or 6 (whichever was the current one at the time) for $19.99

Yeah, the only reason I thought they might have games is that I found one lone copy of Crash Bandicoot: Purple for GBA on the floor while I was looking for a tie, but when I walked up front, they had games in a value display. Mostly PS2 and Xbox crap, but lo and behold the Back to Stone and Mazes of Fate games were stuck behind the others. They were marked at $7.99 so it isn't a clearance or anything from what I can tell.

ROFL. Is there no limit to the CAG's scouting boundaries? This site needs a slogan like the old US Postal carrier's. "Neither wind, nor rain, nor hail, nor polyester..."

I believe we even have those out here. I know there was one in Phoenix. And I think they are in Portland, too - though they have the "cooler" name "Burlington" now (dropped the Coat Factory part). Unless that is a completely different store. I was just by one the other day and thought of going in. I'll have to check it out. Those are some wierd games for them to have since they were never even really available from any regular retailers, including Gamestop. Wasn't Amazon the only place to get them originally. Or TRU.com or something?

Anyway, I can probably convince my wife to go there under the guise of looking for cheap winter coats for the kids... Shhhh... Don't tell!

On the other hand I just remembered why I don't go there any more. They were the place that carried the coats from China made out of dog and cat fur (was a big expose on it on some investigative TV show in the mid-90's I think). of course, they didn't KNOW that (or at least claimed they didn't) but when your business is built upon dirt-cheap imports from China it is your responsibility to find that crap out ahead of time.

[quote name='heatdolphins45']I'll check this out also. I won't bother calling and sounding like a idiot but it's worth a look.[/quote]

LOL...I hear that. One can only imagine the conversation.

"Hi, do you sell games?"
"You called Burlington Coat Factory, sir."

[quote name='Dead of Knight']There's Burlington Coat Factories in MA and RI. I can't believe they sell videogames, even shitty ones. Wow.[/quote]

We have em in NJ too. Although I havent been to one since my mom took me there to buy a coat when I was like 12.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Off topic, but it's good to see a CAG so close to me, Puffa. I'm down Kennedy Boulevard in Bayonne.[/quote]My roomate's GF lives in Bayonne.. we're from Edison.. *waves*

We've got Burlington Coat Factory stores out here in Los Angeles, where we don't even need coats! I've never seen video games sold there but it's not like I frequent their gifts and miscellany section.

The southernmost store in Austin actually did have a couple of games. A Rugrats & Dora game for GBA. Strike Force Bowling and something else for the PS2.

No score for these two though.

Both Back To Stone and Mazes of Fate are well worth the price, though Mazes of Fate is definitely the better of the two if you have to choose. I bought both when they came out and haven't regretted it.

[quote name='rapsodist']We've got Burlington Coat Factory stores out here in Los Angeles, where we don't even need coats! [/QUOTE]

It's MADNESS I tell ya, MADNESS!!! :D

Hey OP, what part of VA are you in? That would help me when looking.

Found Back to Stone at the East Windsor store off of Rt. 130 in NJ. There are about 4-5 left. No sign of Mazes of Fate though. Also checked the North Brunswick store off of Rt 1. Neither was there.

If anyone goes, there were 2 cardboard standees in both stores. One located near the registers and the other located near the childrens book section.

Good luck!

The store in Gaithersburg, MD also has copies of Back to Stone on cardboard standees, no Mazes of Fate tough.

bread's done
Back