Back to the Future Trilogy Blu-Ray $25 @ Amazon, $15 @ Target

sobjw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
UPDATE 6/15 11:06am PST: Price on Amazon is back to $24.99 and it will be in stock on Friday.

http://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-A...ef=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1307261007&sr=1-1

There was a bundle with a Delorian Hot Wheels car for the same price but Amazon quickly sold out of it.
http://www.amazon.com/Future-Trilog...KY0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1308154093&sr=8-3"

Price at Target should still be $14.99, not sure of the current Best Buy price.

[quote name='toshii22']I got it from my local Target for 14.99 + Tax so the Sunday deal is for the Blu-ray set for sure.

Here is the picture I took.

imag0105et.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how long it will last on the bundle. It quickly went from 12 left to 6 to 2 to "In stock but usually ships within 3 days" Pretty cool though.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I can't believe the delorian hot wheels is pushing me over the edge[/QUOTE]

Haha, same here. :lol: Though really, I've wanted the set anyway, and this is probably the best price we'll see on it for a good while. It was at "usually ships within 3 days" when I ordered it, but what the hell, I don't mind waiting if they actually fill it. And if they can't fill it with the Delorian Hot Wheels for whatever reason, I would bet that a quick call to CS would get me just the blu-ray set for the same price instead at that point, even if it does go up in the meantime.

[quote name='arcane93']Haha, same here. :lol: Though really, I've wanted the set anyway, and this is probably the best price we'll see on it for a good while. It was at "usually ships within 3 days" when I ordered it, but what the hell, I don't mind waiting if they actually fill it. And if they can't fill it with the Delorian Hot Wheels for whatever reason, I would bet that a quick call to CS would get me just the blu-ray set for the same price instead at that point, even if it does go up in the meantime.[/QUOTE]

Actually I think this might be a global markdown. I work at Target and noticed that we'll be having it on the New Release endcap/4-way for Tuesday with the same price (not a Temporary Price Cut). I can't recall 100% whether or not it was $19.99 or $24.99 and can check it out tomorrow but I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I can't believe the delorian hot wheels is pushing me over the edge[/QUOTE]

haha, I have two of these hot wheels. Meant to keep one in the package until my then 4 year old got a hold of it and opened it. now it sits on my desk. The black hatch even opens too! It is def a must have :D

$25 for this seems to be alright for me. Basically half off. Just sad that its not a definitive version..

[quote name='trunks982']too bad i have the trilogy on DVD. i dont like doing double dips.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Got the DVD at Best Buy for like $15 2 years ago.
U know u can burn it onto a blu ray disc if u have a blu ray burner

[quote name='JediDeath']Actually I think this might be a global markdown. I work at Target and noticed that we'll be having it on the New Release endcap/4-way for Tuesday with the same price (not a Temporary Price Cut). I can't recall 100% whether or not it was $19.99 or $24.99 and can check it out tomorrow but I'm pretty sure it's the latter.[/QUOTE]

Well shit. Yeah, find out if you can please. Best Buy is still listing it at $54.99 on their site, and Barnes & Noble is listing it at $47.99, so it appears that if it is a global markdown, the online retailers besides Amazon haven't gotten the memo yet. Still, if it is a universal drop to that price, then I'll cancel my Amazon order and hold out until I can get an even better deal somewhere. A lower MSRP is still MSRP, and I don't care about the Hot Wheels that much.

Edit: For what it's worth, blu-ray.com has a front-page article now stating that this is a limited-time sale on Amazon. I'm not sure where they get their information, though, so it may or may not be correct.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I might be picking this up, but I think I'll have to buy a new case, because the packaging is bullsh-t.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd really been holding out to get the UK version, because the packaging is better on that. But it's hard to pass on this price (unless of course it is a universal drop).

[quote name='token2k6']Just sad that its not a definitive version..[/QUOTE]

What's "not definitive" about it? To be honest, I haven't paid a whole lot of attention (was more expensive than I wanted to pay for it before), so I'm not clear on what it's missing. If it's just a few bonus features or whatever, I can live with that.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I might be picking this up, but I think I'll have to buy a new case, because the packaging is bullsh-t.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Demon Soul']I'm very tempted, but after seeing how bad the packaging is I might pass. Thanks anyways OP![/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, apparently the discs are pretty easy to get out once you actually know how to do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ0D4YovqWQ

The problem was that it's unintuitive when compared to what we're used to on most packaging, and they included no instructions whatsoever.

That being said, yeah, I'd rather have the UK version just because of that (it has more normal disc trays -- no digital copy, but I don't care about that anyway). At the same time, though, it's a whole lot more expensive than this.

[quote name='arcane93']For what it's worth, apparently the discs are pretty easy to get out once you actually know how to do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ0D4YovqWQ

The problem was that it's unintuitive when compared to what we're used to on most packaging, and they included no instructions whatsoever.

That being said, yeah, I'd rather have the UK version just because of that (it has more normal disc trays -- no digital copy, but I don't care about that anyway). At the same time, though, it's a whole lot more expensive than this.[/QUOTE]

These cases aren't bad. The ones for Sanctuary seasons 1 & 2 are the same way.

Been sitting on a $20 gift card for the longest time, and the damn hot wheel put it over the top for me too. :D For 4.99 I'll give my DVD's to my sister, who I think has been borrowing them for over a year anyway.

Question :
Back to the Future Trilogy with Hot Wheels® Back to the Future Time Machine [Blu-ray]
doesn`t say its 25th anniversary edition and have digital copy along side with it ships within 3 days with hot wheels compared to 9-12 days wait of anniversary edition with digital copy.so Are they really two different version or same versions ?
http://$$$$$$$$/j1OV2s

Oh hell yes. I've been waiting for it to get under $35 to order it again.. I had a $5 gift card, so for $20 + free shipping, count me in!!!

AND A FREE HOT WHEELS CAR :whee:

Nice! Just put in my order for the Bluray set/hot wheels car combo. Been waiting for this set to hit under $30. Now if only the Ninja Turtle set would go down now...

[quote name='pythoncancer']Question :
Back to the Future Trilogy with Hot Wheels® Back to the Future Time Machine [Blu-ray]
doesn`t say its 25th anniversary edition and have digital copy along side with it ships within 3 days with hot wheels compared to 9-12 days wait of anniversary edition with digital copy.so Are they really two different version or same versions ?[/QUOTE]

The picture on the page shows the same version, with packaging that reads "25th Anniversary Trilogy" and "Blu-Ray + Digital Copy" across the top. That's really all that we have to go on until people actually start receiving them, but based on that, there's no reason to believe it's different.

Ordered mine with the Delorian. I was eying the box set for a few weeks now for the right price. Thank you, OP, especially for the bundle.

$14.99 with credit I had, was waiting to receive some more credit but didn't want to miss out. Ordered the one with the Hot Wheel.

Anybody feel like giving there best guess on what i could get on the DVD boxset of the movies that came out a few years ago? I still have it sealed but might want to upgrade to the blu-ray versions.

[quote name='ajh2298']Anybody feel like giving there best guess on what i could get on the DVD boxset of the movies that came out a few years ago? I still have it sealed but might want to upgrade to the blu-ray versions.[/QUOTE]

Probably not much. 5-10 dollars if that. All depends on where you sell it and who, though.

Sorry about the wait all, but I haven't had much of a free moment. It turns out that it's going to be $19.99!! Unfortunately we didn't have any in stock at the moment so I couldn't check to see if it was new packaging (although I doubt it).

I'll be glad to post a pic of the tag, but that will be a little while longer (I'm on my phone atm).

[edit] It could be that they're cutting out the digital copy (just thought about that). More info when I get it.

[quote name='JediDeath']Sorry about the wait all, but I haven't had much of a free moment. It turns out that it's going to be $19.99!! Unfortunately we didn't have any in stock at the moment so I couldn't check to see if it was new packaging (although I doubt it).

I'll be glad to post a pic of the tag, but that will be a little while longer (I'm on my phone atm).

[edit] It could be that they're cutting out the digital copy (just thought about that). More info when I get it.[/QUOTE]

I could care less about the digital copy, if I can get this from Target for $20, and soon, you are my hero! that is great news!

I eye this sucker at ever B&M I go to, but just shiver at the high price (even though its possibly justified this) If I can get this, the Goonies box set and Stand By Me, my nostalgia gap will be filled for the year..

[quote name='JediDeath']Sorry about the wait all, but I haven't had much of a free moment. It turns out that it's going to be $19.99!! Unfortunately we didn't have any in stock at the moment so I couldn't check to see if it was new packaging (although I doubt it).[/QUOTE]

Heh, well shit, now I'm torn on whether to cancel the Amazon order or not. On the one hand, it's a better deal (don't really care about the Hot Wheels that much), but on the other, if Target doesn't actually get them in (or if they get so few that it sells out before I get there), I could potentially miss out entirely.

[quote name='JediDeath'][edit] It could be that they're cutting out the digital copy (just thought about that). More info when I get it.[/QUOTE]

Could be -- that would make it more like the UK version, which doesn't have the digital copy either (and presumably, without the digital copy discs, they'd no longer need the weird case). Personally, I'd welcome it, as I have no need for the digital copy anyway.

Of note, even though I placed my Amazon order when it said "usually ships within three days", they're now giving a delivery estimate of June 13th on my order with two-day Prime shipping, and the product page now says "In stock on June 10, 2011". So it looks like even existing orders have been pushed out a bit. Assuming they don't get them in sooner, I suppose it would be possible to wait and see what happens with Target on Tuesday and then cancel the order at that point if there's a better deal there.

I checked the DPCI on the website and they correspond to the one that's (currently) $59 and has the digital copies. We'll be getting approx. 20 in tomorrow so I'll take a look and post something more definitive.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']These cases aren't bad. The ones for Sanctuary seasons 1 & 2 are the same way.[/QUOTE]

It looks like the digital copy discs are held in there with a more normal digipack spindle? If the spring case thing really annoys me, I might just pack my digital copy discs away in a closet somewhere separately and keep the movie discs on those upper holders instead. I'm not really sure it's going to be that big an issue, though.

The biggest problem that I see with these cases is that if those plastic springs end up breaking for any reason, I would assume that there would be very little if anything to actually hold the disc in the case.

[quote name='JediDeath']Sorry about the wait all, but I haven't had much of a free moment. It turns out that it's going to be $19.99!! Unfortunately we didn't have any in stock at the moment so I couldn't check to see if it was new packaging (although I doubt it).

[edit] It could be that they're cutting out the digital copy (just thought about that). More info when I get it.[/QUOTE]

And you're sure this isn't something that applies only to your Target locally? Seems odd this would go unadvertised, unless Target does those kinds of sales?

$20 is way to good a deal for three movies for a retail price. Even a sale, while possible, is a great deal still.

My order for the one without the Hot Wheel says it will be delivered 6/20 - 6/22 so I'll check Target tomorrow since I have go to there anyway. I don't care about the digital copy so $5 less and 5% off that would be great.

I already have the delorian Hot Wheel and ordered before I saw the bundle was available so it's not worth changing my order.

[quote name='imacgod']Seems odd this would go unadvertised, unless Target does those kinds of sales?[/QUOTE]

Don't shop blu-rays in Target much, do you? :) They almost always have blu-rays on sale that they don't advertise anywhere. Generally more unadvertised than advertised, actually.

[quote name='sdcranford']so I'll check Target tomorrow since I have go to there anyway.[/QUOTE]

He said that the sale starts on Tuesday. Going tomorrow is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Sorry for being vague/uninformative, I would have waited until I knew more but I figured I should at least put it out there.

Ok, here's the rundown:

1. This is NOT a sale or a temporary price cut.

2. The item, with the DPCI: 058/40/0031 is currently $19.99. That's the price our PDA shows.

3. I HAVE NOT tried ringing it up just yet so I'm not sure if it's hard-locked at the registers. I'm going to call tomorrow before I go in and hopefully I'll have enough time to post a message (about 9:30 am PST or so). If someone wants to try before that (or in addition to, that way we can see if it's just local) be my guest.

4. I don't know if it has the digital copies, but it's a possibility.

5. Again, I don't know if it's a hard-locked street date, but it SHOULD be on the front of the New Release endcap/4-way Tuesday morning.

Below is a picture I took of the label strip. It's EXTREMELY unlikely that you store will have it on display

(and obviously I should point out, for the moment at least, YMMV)

[quote name='anthony.michael.rosa']Definitely just picked me up a copy of this :D[/QUOTE]

man, not to nit-pick your post, but we need moar details man! are you referring to picking it up at Amazon or Target? I'm so confused if this can be found at Target today for $20, or if we absolutely have to wait for tomorrow..

I missed the fact that it starts Tuesday but had to go anyway.

They didn't have any out so I asked the electronics associate. She said it's "set date" is tomorrow (Tuesday). They have 17 copies. When looking up the dcpi it said $19.99 and it's the same dcpi as the 25th anniversary set on their website that says 6 disk. I will be going tomorrow morning to pick one up. Will keep my amazon order until then though.

UPDATE: Just left Best Buy across the street from Target. Grabbed the trilogy and went to customer service. Gave the lady the phone number & dcpi for Target. She called, they looked it up and she sold it to me for $19.99. I will post a pic of the receipt when I get home since I can't from my iPhone.

The packaging isn't the same as the video posted on the 1st page. The disks are held in with regular center tabs.

[quote name='arcane93']Don't shop blu-rays in Target much, do you? :) They almost always have blu-rays on sale that they don't advertise anywhere. Generally more unadvertised than advertised, actually.[/QUOTE]

Apparently not. :) Guess I have to follow the Blu-rays forum a little more closely. I'm usually in Target to look for video game clearances.

Guess I'll give my Target a shot sometime this week and hopefully before my order ships. Although that $5 difference might the same as the amount of gas this trip will cost plus taxes that Target will charge.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Couldn't you buy this today and have them price adjust it tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

When I went to Target it wasn't on the shelf and the associate said it can't be put out until tomorrow. When I typed the DCPI into the price scanner customers can use it said $19.99. I would guess it would ring up correctly if you found it on the shelf, unless it's street date locked and the computer won't let it be sold.

I find it weird that the 25th Anniversary DVD set is on the shelf for $34.99 and isn't held in the back until tomorrow.

On another note, Targets movie section is a mess, they are spread out all over. Unless it's a new release on the front end cap it's a pain to find anything.

[quote name='sdcranford']UPDATE: Just left Best Buy across the street from Target. Grabbed the trilogy and went to customer service. Gave the lady the phone number & dcpi for Target. She called, they looked it up and she sold it to me for $19.99. I will post a pic of the receipt when I get home since I can't from my iPhone.

The packaging isn't the same as the video posted on the 1st page. The disks are held in with regular center tabs.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try this at K-Mart. I hope it works!

[quote name='sdcranford']When I went to Target it wasn't on the shelf and the associate said it can't be put out until tomorrow. When I typed the DCPI into the price scanner customers can use it said $19.99. I would guess it would ring up correctly if you found it on the shelf, unless it's street date locked and the computer won't let it be sold.

I find it weird that the 25th Anniversary set is on the shelf for $34.99 and isn't held in the back until tomorrow.

On another note, Targets movie section is a mess, they are spread out all over. Unless it's a new release on the front end cap it's a pain to find anything.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to call and see if my local Targets have it, and will they price match. I'll make two trips since one is close to my job anyways. When you gave Best Buy the DCPI, how did you go about that? I've tried to price match an ad but they weren't going for it. I would hate to drive all the way out there, and they didn't honor the price match...

The Hot Wheel bundle is unavailable now and the regular set is taking 10-12 days to ship now. I wonder if I can get a price match on the Target price from Amazon. I live an hour outside of town and our Target is terrible; not even sure if they'll get any of these.

bread's done
Back