Backwards Compatability and Live

specialk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I didn't see this anywhere, and this is actually an issue that I've been wondering and with the launch only 11 days away I haven't seen or heard any answers on this.

If I'm playing a game on a regular xbox and someone is playing the same game on a 360 will we be able to play each other?

[quote name='dreamvsps2']evrey game will be upscaled to 720p or 1980i

yahoooooooo[/QUOTE]

Cool... :cool:

Plus, there's a decent amount of games in that confirmed list. You all will be playing Barbie Horse Adventure in 720p or 1080i... :lol:

Does anyone find it ironic that they were aiming to make "The best-selling titles" work, but there's not a Madden or NCAA Football to be found on the list?

Yeah, considering some of the crud this is on the list they must be doing something that covers a certain group of games and not targeting specifics, which I think is good in terms of getting near complete backwards compatibility in the long run. I don't figure someone specifically wanted to make sure Catwoman was one of the games that worked. :)

[quote name='radjago']Does anyone find it ironic that they were aiming to make "The best-selling titles" work, but there's not a Madden or NCAA Football to be found on the list?[/QUOTE]

I love the fact that, out of fourteen XBox titles I own, pretty much Halo and Halo 2 are the only ones that are supported at the moment. I expected that, of course, since I doubted Panzer Dragoon and Ultra Bust-a-Move would be supported but no Guilty Gear love yet? No Street Fighter Anniversary Collection? Oh well, it just makes it easier to wait until they get the emulation up and running!

Not like I would be chucking my XBox anyway, but still...rapidly running out of room for new systems, here. Maybe I just have to buy another TV and switchbox and just damn myself further.

Kind of disappointed to see Conker, Doom 3, Jet Set Radio Future, Riddick, Chaos Theory, DOA Ultimate, and a few others aren't in there. There goes most of my Xbox games being BC. :(

The list is much longer than I expected though, hopefully they'll add those games soon. Glad Live still works too.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']I just read how you can burn a CD to get the emulation updates onto your 360. I bet it doesn't take long for some mischief to result from that. :)[/QUOTE]
Didn't you hear? The 360 isn't backwards compatible with mischief. It's been built from the ground up as a mischief-proof marvel of technology. :lol: :lol:

bread's done
Back