Backwards Compatible PS3 Bundle (opinion and tips welcome)

As a basic rule of thumb...

Most eBay buyers tend to shy away from items with a high starting price. It may not get a bid until sometime Sunday. I personally think the item is overpriced. I wouldn't pay as much as your starting price as I don't find most of the games appealing. The problem with eBay is that a smart buyer knows they can find a used PS3 on craigslist any day for about $200 or less. So using eBay is a big hassle compared to meeting up and just exchanging cash for items.

Good luck, but I'm not sure how much attention you'll get from eBay until later in the weekend.

[quote name='rusty']As a basic rule of thumb...

Most eBay buyers tend to shy away from items with a high starting price. It may not get a bid until sometime Sunday. I personally think the item is overpriced. I wouldn't pay as much as your starting price as I don't find most of the games appealing. The problem with eBay is that a smart buyer knows they can find a used PS3 on craigslist any day for about $200 or less. So using eBay is a big hassle compared to meeting up and just exchanging cash for items.

Good luck, but I'm not sure how much attention you'll get from eBay until later in the weekend.[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking back and forth about the price. I figured people would find the bundle somewhat appealing. I suppose I could reduce the price to a solid $250 just to get things started.

Do you have any other suggestions other than the price? Should I perhaps include some of my HWV games to sweeten things up a bit?

For me personally I've never understood why people start bidding at a high price. This is my mentality of thinking anyway...

You obviously know you'll get $250. Right? So what's the point of starting it at $250 or $1? Eventually it will get up there. And to me by starting it at $1 means it might take 10-20 bids to get it up to $250. To me, I think that "ill informed" buyers might see an auction that has 10-20 bids (with still significant time left) as a sign that this is a better unit compared to "Other Random 60gb PS3 that is starting at $300 with 1 bid".

Some might say I have backwards thinking of eBay when assuming people would be attracted to a "popular" item when the point of eBay is try and snag a deal that other people missed out on. But to me I think if you were at a mall and you saw a collection of people gathering around a store (a store you might not even have interest in) to check out an item, you would too right? Or at the least want to know what people were interested in? You wouldn'tbe attracted into the store with no one in it.

For example say you auction said "60gb PS3 with PS1, PSP, PS3 games" and it had 18 bids at $300, I know for me, I would click your auction in the thought process that maybe the PS1 game is a rare one (which I believe yours is?) and yet in reality I already know that a 60 gig PS3 easily goes for $300. It's just a stupid psycological thing and I believe that a lot of people out there are like that, especially some of the mindless drones that don't know what the hell they are after on eBay.

Hope that made sense...

[quote name='dbiersdorf']For me personally I've never understood why people start bidding at a high price. This is my mentality of thinking anyway...

You obviously know you'll get $250. Right? So what's the point of starting it at $250 or $1? Eventually it will get up there. And to me by starting it at $1 means it might take 10-20 bids to get it up to $250. To me, I think that "ill informed" buyers might see an auction that has 10-20 bids (with still significant time left) as a sign that this is a better unit compared to "Other Random 60gb PS3 that is starting at $300 with 1 bid".

Some might say I have backwards thinking of eBay when assuming people would be attracted to a "popular" item when the point of eBay is try and snag a deal that other people missed out on. But to me I think if you were at a mall and you saw a collection of people gathering around a store (a store you might not even have interest in) to check out an item, you would too right? Or at the least want to know what people were interested in? You wouldn'tbe attracted into the store with no one in it.

For example say you auction said "60gb PS3 with PS1, PSP, PS3 games" and it had 18 bids at $300, I know for me, I would click your auction in the thought process that maybe the PS1 game is a rare one (which I believe yours is?) and yet in reality I already know that a 60 gig PS3 easily goes for $300. It's just a stupid psycological thing and I believe that a lot of people out there are like that, especially some of the mindless drones that don't know what the hell they are after on eBay.

Hope that made sense...[/QUOTE]

I pretty much agree with 100% everything you said. I'm just not a frequent eBay seller so I'm afraid I listed it wrong and won't get as many hits or something.

I barely visit eBay anymore because people are fucking stupid when it comes to prices. People bid on used Blu's for $5 more than they cost brand new on Amazon.

I found a buyer on craigslist and he's giving me $275 for AC1, Fight Night Round 3, a used Sixaxis, and the console with wires. I'm comfortable with that deal.

[quote name='dbiersdorf']I thought 60gb PS3's were sought after? They are only worth $275 these days?[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I messed the boat on it when they were worth more. I could probably get more, but I honestly just want to get rid of it before it craps out on me. It works fine right now, but I know for a fact its days are numbered. It's over three years old and I'm not going to wait around for it to yellow light or stop reading Blu's or whatever else they do when they stop working.

bread's done
Back