Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition PS3 $19.96??? Walmart.com

[quote name='ryushe']Ultimate Edition? o_O[/QUOTE]

Yea, if you click at the picture you can see it says ?Ultimate, but the description doesnt say nothing...

[quote name='shrike4242']Here's a link to the image that does show "Ultimate Edition" in the top of the package:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/deta...alse&corpCard=false&type=-9223372036854775808

Includes:
Battlefield 1943
Onslaught Mode
Limited Edition Unlocks
VIP Downloads[/QUOTE]

I know, I want to bite but I Already called them and gave them the UPC Number from their website to this game, and they say its "BattleField Bad Company PS3"...
Not Sure...

[quote name='Video-Gamer']I know, I want to bite but I Already called them and gave them the UPC Number from their website to this game, and they say its "BattleField Bad Company PS3"...
Not Sure...[/QUOTE]Well, looks like they'll go and fix the issue now. Bravo. :roll:

I'm sure it's for the first game and if you made the order, it'll be the first game that ships, unless the UPC matches the second game. If the website showed the UPC for the 2nd game and they shipped you the first one, then you could see if they could replace it with the second one as it's a mistake in their posting. Most likely, they wouldn't do it.

Damn, even if that price did stick, I already have all that content (and game) listed except for Onslaught Mode. And then that's only $10, so I'd be better off just buying that separately.

[quote name='shrike4242']Well, looks like they'll go and fix the issue now. Bravo. :roll:

I'm sure it's for the first game and if you made the order, it'll be the first game that ships, unless the UPC matches the second game. If the website showed the UPC for the 2nd game and they shipped you the first one, then you could see if they could replace it with the second one as it's a mistake in their posting. Most likely, they wouldn't do it.[/QUOTE]

I called my Local Store, not the online Store. Bravo...

Even though I doubt they would ship you an Ultimate Edition as it has the 1st edition's description, the fact that you can get Bad Company 2 for $19.99 is phenominal!!!

[quote name='Video-Gamer']I called my Local Store, not the online Store. Bravo...[/QUOTE]Local store won't do anything to fix the online ad, thankfully.

You could also look up the UPC via Google and check it without calling the store.

[quote name='shrike4242']Local store won't do anything to fix the online ad, thankfully.

You could also look up the UPC via Google and check it without calling the store.[/QUOTE]

Yes I know that, thats why I called the Local Store and not the Online Store.
As far as google, I tried to check the UPC in there but it keeps saying UPC # not found.

Did someone just buy 143 copies and inform Gazelle to expect a shipload to arrive? The trade-in price for this game definitely just plummeted - it's value has been nearly cut in half! :|

well everyone knows its the first already, but ill point this out anyway i suppose, it has reviews from well before the game (bc2 anyway) was released, so expect the first game to arrive if you order.

[quote name='confoosious']why did you calllllllllll[/QUOTE]

I notice this always comes up when discussing walmart, can someone clue me in?

[quote name='eastshore4']I notice this always comes up when discussing walmart, can someone clue me in?[/QUOTE]

It's basically every deal that's really good. If you call and it's a mistake, you've alerted them to the mistake. If you call and it's not a mistake, and it's awesome, then the store employee might snap it up themselves. Either way, there's no upside to calling.

yeah i was just about to press place order when i realized it said battlefield bad company in the tittle and not battlefield bad company 2.

I was nearly one click away from ordering ha but i realized the mix up, but wouldn't this be considered false advertising?

[quote name='the8055']I was nearly one click away from ordering ha but i realized the mix up, but wouldn't this be considered false advertising?[/QUOTE]

exactly

[quote name='the8055']I was nearly one click away from ordering ha but i realized the mix up, but wouldn't this be considered false advertising?[/QUOTE]

It's considered a mistake. Just like when an item is listed at $9.99 that should be sold at $99.99. All ads have "not responsible for typographical errors". Usually if the difference is small, the company will just sell it at the lower price for goodwill.

But no, you're not gonna win any lawsuits.

Yeah I ordered a copy, but then promptly emailed them about cancelling my order when I realized it was the first game and not the second. Odd that it didn't allow me to cancel within several minutes after ordering, *sigh* hopefully they can fix this...

I'm pretty sure it's the first game.... UPC for B:BC is
Battlefield: Bad Company - PS3 (Video Game) UPC: 014633154375

The one from Wal-mart is 0001463315437 (missing the last 5)

[quote name='confoosious']It's considered a mistake. Just like when an item is listed at $9.99 that should be sold at $99.99. All ads have "not responsible for typographical errors". Usually if the difference is small, the company will just sell it at the lower price for goodwill.

But no, you're not gonna win any lawsuits.[/QUOTE]
If you want to talk about false advertising, look at the new copies of COD4:GoTY Edition :bomb:. It's the exact same thing as the original.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Boys and girls, this may indeed be a legit deal after all, according to Joystiq.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/12/battlefield-bad-company-2-ultimate-edition-leaked-by-retailers/

AND G4:

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7...ompany-2-Ultimate-Edition-Detailed-Dated.html

So I'd snap up those $19.96 copies of the 'ultimate edition' on WM's site and complain when the actual projected release date arrives(end of August) if you get a vanilla version before then.[/QUOTE]

Well considering it shows I have a store within range with this in stock, I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're wrong.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Yeah I ordered a copy, but then promptly emailed them about cancelling my order when I realized it was the first game and not the second. Odd that it didn't allow me to cancel within several minutes after ordering, *sigh* hopefully they can fix this...[/QUOTE]
You should be able to return it to your local store.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Boys and girls, this may indeed be a legit deal after all, according to Joystiq.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/12/battlefield-bad-company-2-ultimate-edition-leaked-by-retailers/

AND G4:

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7...ompany-2-Ultimate-Edition-Detailed-Dated.html

So I'd snap up those $19.96 copies of the 'ultimate edition' on WM's site and complain when the actual projected release date arrives(end of August) if you get a vanilla version before then.[/QUOTE]No where, in any of those two stories, does it say that the $19.96 deal is legit. What are you talking about? Besides, the UPC on Walmart.com is the same as the first BF:BC game.

[quote name='sadboy']You should be able to return it to your local store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, just sucks that if they do ship I have to wait til next week to get that money back. I mean it'd be insane if they couldn't cancel it after I requested it less than 5 minutes after ordering.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Well considering it shows I have a store within range with this in stock, I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're wrong.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='robodaddyo']No where, in any of those two stories, does it say that the $19.96 deal is legit. What are you talking about? Besides, the UPC on Walmart.com is the same as the first BF:BC game.[/QUOTE]
While it doesn't say that the $20 price is legit, both stories DO say that there IS an 'Ultimate Edition' coming out.

Both Amazon and at least one UK gaming site have pre-order pages for the new version up(at $59.99 though).

So while you may get the first BF:BC for ordering from the WalMart page, just take a screen cap and try to argue for the $20 price for the Ultimate when it releases at month's end.

The worst they can say is NO and you can still get a refund on your $20 in-store.

Such negative people on here as of late who are unwilling to give an obvious price/product page error screen a go for an order on the off chance that they'll honor the mistake.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']While it doesn't say that the $20 price is legit, both stories DO say that there IS an 'Ultimate Edition' coming out.

Both Amazon and at least one UK gaming site have pre-order pages for the new version up(at $59.99 though).

So while you may get the first BF:BC for ordering from the WalMart page, just take a screen cap and try to argue for the $20 price for the Ultimate when it releases at month's end.

The worst they can say is NO and you can still get a refund on your $20 in-store.

Such negative people on here as of late who are unwilling to give an obvious price/product page error screen a go for an order on the off chance that they'll honor the mistake.:roll:[/QUOTE]But you said that this may be a legit deal and now you're back tracking. We're not negative. You're trying to say that we should stand up and be shaddy and force a retailer into giving us a game that clearly isn't available for $19.96. Nice try. :roll:

[quote name='robodaddyo']But you said that this may be a legit deal and now you're back tracking. We're not negative. You're trying to say that we should stand up and be shaddy and force a retailer into giving us a game that clearly isn't available for $19.96. Nice try. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Right now, the case that's up on the WM link IS the one for the new version of BF:BC 2, so even though the UPC is that of the first BF:BC you could attempt to argue for the $20 deal to be honored for BF:BC 2 UE.

They made an error, they may(or may not) honor it. A portion of the deals on CAG at times revolve around taking advantage of errors and prices at which stuff shouldn't be sold(penny guides, B2G1F glitches, etc). Is it wrong? If it is to you, then so be it. But to those who may not have this game already and want to get the best version, what do they have to lose in trying to get WM to honor the obvious error? Time? $20 which will be easily refunded at store level when they get shipped a copy of the original BF:BC?

The pros outweigh the cons to me, but I already have the game and I don't need the extra crap they're adding or I'd be on top of this deal too.

And where did I say specifically that the $20 WM price may be the legit deal? How do you know I wasn't talking about the UE being released being real/legit?

You're missing the points, again, and sadly you're not understanding. You're even questioning where you stated something when it's clearly there. I don't know what has caused this mental lapse, again, but you will be in the prayers of our youth. May their god help you. :lol:

[quote name='robodaddyo']You're missing the points, again, and sadly you're not understanding. You're even questioning where you stated something when it's clearly there. I don't know what has caused this mental lapse, again, but you will be in the prayers of our youth. May their god help you. :lol:[/QUOTE]
He was implying that the Ultimate Edition is legit, in the sense there is such an edition that's going to be released.

[quote name='robodaddyo']You're missing the points, again, and sadly you're not understanding. You're even questioning where you stated something when it's clearly there. I don't know what has caused this mental lapse, again, but you will be in the prayers of our youth. May their god help you. :lol:[/QUOTE]

What's not to understand? Aside from the fact that you obviously like to pick apart my posts in particular.:razz:

It's a price error with the wrong game pictured, order the game(or not), hope that it arrives around when this Ultimate Edition is slated to come out and IS the version pictured. If not, take it into local WM store with printed up screen cap of UE page, argue w/ CSR(and manager if needed) that you want the version that was shown on said page.

If they refuse, all you've lost is time since you can get a refund in-store. No harm, no foul.

bread's done
Back