Bad experience with Walmart.com.

JUDOHAWK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Edited my title :p

Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes.

Just got an email for my walmart.com preorder(save the LOLs :p, I had 60 dollars spread over 2 GCs)

Thank you for your recent Walmart.com order. The release date of the item(s) listed below has changed.
The revised arrival date is shown below.

While we are sorry for any inconvenience this delay may cause, please note that Wal-Mart does not control this release date, which is set by the manufacturer.

Backbreaker (PS3)
Original release date : 01 JUN 2010
New release date : 07 JUN 2010
Should arrive by : 11 JUN 2010

Ok, well I preordered Back breaker online just to pay it off so I wouldn't have to worry about it, save a trip going to walmart to use my GCs in store. Anyway the above happened.

And then here's the second part. Some of you might know, 505 and natural motion moved the Release date for BB to today(For gamestops atleast, and I've heard some B&M walmarts. All depends on who gets the memo), so there's no way it's actually June 7th. It's still listed as the first for 360.

When I called CS she told me something about a hold from the vendor or some crap, whatever. Then this happened.

I call CS for walmart.com again, to try and cancel the order and get the money put back on the GCs so I could buy in store. Well I ask if I can get the amount for one of the GCs put back on the other one, or to combine the two. Since I only have one of the original GCs with me to use instore.

So she says she'll cancel the order and give me the number to the Shopping card department. Ok, whatever. She says she'll also cancel the order for me. Well I get off the phone and call the number she gave me.

"Thank you for calling walmart home office, we are now closed" :/

Then I check my order online, and it's been about 30 mins to an hour now. The order is not cancelled at all lol. Edit: I posted this elsewhere around noon, it's since been about 6 hours now :p

So I do a quick google check and recently there's plenty of complaints about how CS said they'd cancel the order, but never did. Apparently when the order is made they really make you jump through hoops to cancel it, so I doubt the CSR cancelled it. Even going so far as to say when it's in processing it's too late. Newsflash, all your orders are in processing the minute you place it. Damn shady *******s.

So the order is not cancelled, I doubt she even tried. I don't even know when I'll get it lol. Sorry for the long post, had to rant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Walmart.com customer service is crap. I only buy from the site if it's a good enough deal and I don't mind waiting forever for the item to come.

Sorry you got shafted.

They do me right. I placed 2 identical orders 5 minutes apart. They called me to verify that I had actually placed both orders. Most places would just ship it and not even think about there being a problem. I have ordered at least 50 items over 3 years and I have never had a problem.

Well I ordered RDR from them and it shipped the 17th and got to me on the 21st, with the free shipping. But this just rubs me the wrong way. There isn't much I can do but shut my hole and take it. I'll still get the game, it'll probably just be later.

Well I got an update. CS has responded to me pretty quickly on messages I sent them asking them things, so that's good.

However the order is apparently too far along to cancel. Which is fine, it saves me from having to go through the hassle of combining the GCs. Kinda sucks I never did get an answer for why just the ps3 version was moved to almost a week later.

I'll have to deal with it. I guess this issue isn't really just about me either, I'm sure there are plenty of other ps3 owners affected by this.

I'm glad you got an answer and that it's somewhat sorted out for ya. I hate to go thru this kind of things, specially when shopping and having to deal with the extra and unnecessary stress. It's a headache.

I'm just more upset with the fact that I have the order tied up and can't cancel it and have to wait for whatever reason for them to ship it out. However, this is easier I guess. I would've rather had the funds on the GC and picked it up instore. I probably would've had more problems though. For instance, one of the GCs had 42.76 on it, that's the one GC I still have around here. The other one with 16 on it I don't have. I probably would've had issues getting that amount switched over without the card. So I was kindof stuck anyway.

And you know, can't really blame the CSRs, they really don't know too much about what goes on either. I can only imagine their jobs suck especially with people like me calling in :p I wasn't rude though.

Yea, that's kinda the vibe I got from the CSR.

However, for some reason there's a messup with the ps3 version that they had to move it up a week. I'll expect it to take a week, and hopefully I'll be surprised.

Little late here, sorry. If you have $60 to spare, go buy BB at Walmart. Then when your preorder comes in the mail go return it with your receipt and get your cash back. At least you'll have BB a few days sooner.

bread's done
Back