Bad News Brown and Mike Awesome's Memorial Wrestling Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Angle / Steiner feud is Grade A.

I hope it lasts a couple of PPVs.

[quote name='mykevermin']Not that anyone ever disagreed with me, but I'm just here to say I CALLED IT!!!!!

Just a friendly reminder that YOU, the FANS, get to have no say over what ECW becomes. Remember this: no matter what, ECW will always suck, and the more you complain about it, the more it will become sportz entertainment just to spite you.[/quote]

omfg!!!!!! why did they do this.. they just took out the best part of ons

wtf! jacksonville????

[quote name='guyver2077']omfg!!!!!! why did they do this..[/QUOTE]
Because it's not ECW anymore.

I'm GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA!!!!! I just talked to one of my friends who got us two tickets. They are 75 each face, so i'm not sure exactly where the seats are, but i'm still very pumped.

You know I must say that we have gotten some damn good shows this week from both the WWE and TNA. I really loved this week's RAW for the most part - everything clicked and progressed towards Mania in the right way. I'm beyond tempted to order it this year - something I have not done since Mania 20.

Impact was a decent improvement this week. Sure there are things that still are Russoriffic (ie: Bob Backlund) but at least matches are given more time.

Compared to WSX, TNA Impact's matches are still far too short on the whole though. I still can't believe that A. Tomko pinned Joe or that B. Joe's first NWA World title match ever is in 10 days and that fact hasn't been hyped up to the hilt. Still a decent show, but far below what Impact has been in the past.

WSX hasn't officially been killed off just yet, although if it is removed from MTV's lineup, it's believed that Big Vision completely owns it, and can shop the show around to other networks.

[quote name='mykevermin']Not that anyone ever disagreed with me, but I'm just here to say I CALLED IT!!!!!

Just a friendly reminder that YOU, the FANS, get to have no say over what ECW becomes. Remember this: no matter what, ECW will always suck, and the more you complain about it, the more it will become sportz entertainment just to spite you.[/QUOTE]
It was expected, but hell, can you blame them? If they held it at the Ballroom at least half of the "new breed" would have to be taken out on stretchers.

In other news, a new episode of WSX mysteriously reappeared on my Media Center scheduled recordings list. So is it dead or not?

[quote name='guyver2077']crap did i miss hector guerrero last night?[/QUOTE]

Nope. That's next week.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']That ECW PPV is going to fail hard.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it can be any worse than "December To Dismember".... can it?

[quote name='Ugamer_X']In other news, a new episode of WSX mysteriously reappeared on my Media Center scheduled recordings list. So is it dead or not?[/QUOTE]

Best case scenario is that MTV is running the remaining episodes. The next episode is showing up as of right now on BeyondTV. Holy shit... I didn't know Arix Cannon was in WSX. I used to see him weekly at a local fed here. Nice to see local talent finally make it somewhere - even if its on a most likely cancelled MTV wrestling show.

WSX is gone because the ratings were comparable to the XFL. Forget it, you will never see it again, MTV didn't know what they were doing. Game over.

yea.. maybe they will involve wrestling in some way.. a la mr t vs piper

this made me laugh for some reason..

Well with the latest rumor coming out of the wrestling observer newsletter is that WWE is in preliminary talks about expanding with internationl brands, wwe asia, wwe england and wwe mexico. RAW and ECW would be the american brands, Smackdown would be mexico and they would start from scratch with the other two brands with reagal,finaly,burchill and harry smith being sent to the england brand.

I'll be surprised if this really happens. The cost of weekly tv, hiring talent to fill out the rosters, moving agent's and writer's to the area. That all ads up to some big money.

Article taken from pwtorch.com forums.

Here is the whole article:

'The new CFO of WWE, Michael Selick, revealed in Financial Week that the company is exploring the possibility of establishing separate WWE promotions running full-time in separate international markets. If everything went ahead it would go so far as to include separate TV tapings and storylines for each region, turning WWE from an overseas novelty into a local promotion.

Things are still in the preliminary stages but Vince McMahon has discussed it in detail with Stephanie, John Laurinaitis and others in the inner circle. The territories mentioned include a 'Pacific' region covering Japan, South Korea, China and Australia, a 'Hispanic' territory for Puerto Rico, Mexico and South America, and a European territory, with perhaps a Russian one at a later date. Meanwhile, in the USA, there would be two touring brands, most likely Raw and ECW, with Smackdown becoming the Hispanic brand as it is already well established in the market. Big pay increases would be given to senior agents and creative team members to move themselves and their families overseas, with potential performance bonuses depending on how well business goes. It would start off with a TV executive producer with experience of the region working closely with one agent and one writer who would be running the territory. There would also be a crew of wrestlers, who would also be expected to move their families overseas. Paul Heyman's name has actually been mentioned in connection to the Pacific region.

Shane McMahon, along with Selick, is working on a business plan for the venture, which remains in its formative stages. Potential drawbacks include the cost of producing WWE calibre shows, around $500,000 per week, and how TV stations in areas like Mexico would respond to the price. There is also the danger of international markets already beginning to get overexposed. Recent Japanese tours have not performed particularly well, there were concerns over the number of Australian tours, while advances for the next batch of Mexican dates have been well below expectations. Also, though WWE can get away with charging high prices for their shows at the moment as it is a novelty, doing so repeatedly would not help when taking on promotions like CMLL or AAA.

If it did come to pass then a lot of new wrestlers would of course be hired, as there would be a minimum of five brands. They are looking at promoting each market using both established WWE stars and top babyfaces based on ethnic backgrounds. Carlito, Mistico and Mysterio would be assigned to the Hispanic brand as top stars, they would look for a top Asian and Australian babyface, and guys like Regal, Finlay, Harry Smith and Paul Burchill could be assigned major roles in Europe. They would also likely raid the local markets in Japan and Mexico, whilst bringing back more of the '80s and '90s stars to make up the numbers. The only sure thing about the creative team members is that neither Stephanie McMahon nor Brian Gerwitz would work internationally. Gerwitz would likely become the chief writer of the USA brands, while Stephanie would hire more TV writers with Hollywood experience. Word is that the interntaionaly territories would be handled by Shane, with Vince concentrating on domestic business, though many have suggested that Vince's personality means he would want to be involved everywhere anyway.

Credit: Wrestling Observer newsletter.

WWE sure wants to burn some bridges today:

1st. We've got this great new gimmick in which Jillian mocks Brooke Hogan. Straight to you from the genius minds of Stephanie and Triple H. That's good, I'm sure Hogan will come back now. Word on the street is SMH is responsible for a lot of content we've seen over the past 5 years or so now, if that's true, hopefully she dies before Vince.

2nd. We've got WWE trying to block Mick Foley because some of the things he said in his book were a little too "real". Interesting, a company that prides itself on airing out its wrestlers dirty laundry on live television, doesn't want a guy to come back to plug his book because he put some factual information that while deemed "not too controversial" was deemed "too honest" in regards to that moronic assbag, Brian Gerwitz. So, the message is: it's ok if the public knows everyone who Lita is screwing literally, but not who Gerwitz is screwing over figuratively :roll:

WWE is retarded, thanks for depriving me of both Hogan & Foley at WM.

I haven't gotten the new Observer in the mail yet to see if that global expasion is true, but given the tease being "the thing people will talk about next week", it probably is. If WWE ends up doing it, it'll certainly be a revolutionary idea, and that's something WWE has lacked for a long time. I don't quite think the time is right for it with business just starting to turn around in the U.S., but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing them try it out for a little while and seeing how it unfolds.

Here's some major Observer site news for Friday -
--The autopsy results have come in on Bam Bam Bigelow. His death was due to multiple drugs in his system, cocaine and benzodiazetine (an anti-anxiety drug) at lethal levels. His was also suffering from heart disease.

--No official announcement has been made regarding the future of Wrestling Society X. It has not been officially canceled by MTV, but there was definitely a call made by a key person to ax the show that is unlikely to be overturned.

--Chuck Liddell's people told sherdog.com that his embarrassing appearance on a Dallas morning TV show yesterday was due to taking Nyquil. That was seriously bad stuff and I hope it's taken within the industry as a warning sign.

--TNA Impact drew a 1.1 rating last night.

--When Jerry Lawler was given word he was going into the WWE Hall of Fame and asked who he wanted to induct him, he immediately said, "Lance Russell." Panic attacks went off from Kevin Dunn who had to talk him out of it saying, "Nobody knows who Lance Russell is."

--Mistico vs. Perro Aguayo Jr. headlines Arena Mexico tonight in a non-stipulation match. Arena Lopez Mateos has Dos Caras Jr. & Ultimo Gladiador & Volador Jr. vs. El Terrible & Rey Krimen & Sadico. Baja Stars Wrestling tonight in Tijuana has Dr. Wagner Jr. & Tajiri vs. L.A. Park & Ultimo Dragon. La Paz has Joe Lider & Juventud Guerrera & Shiryu Dragon vs. Antifaz del Norte & Extreme Tiger & Mr. Niebla (thanks to Kris Zellner)

--Joanie Laurer is scheduled as a guest Monday on the Montel Williams syndicated talk show

--There is a big UFC story today in the Columbus, OH Dispatch talking about the show setting the indoor gate record for any event ever in the state of Ohio. It claimed 16,000 tickets were sold the first day (not true). It listed Dana White and the Fertittas after buying the promotion instituted rules to prevent major injuries like banning kicks to the groin, ordering drug test and submitting to athletic commission sanctioning. Good to know.

--Scott Bowden has an interesting take on Jerry Lawler's reaction to being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame at www.comics101.com/?page=KFR

--There has been a lot of media for some reason regarding Hulk Hogan going to Anna Nicole Smith's funeral in the Bahamas today.
Lance Russell really does need to be the man to induct Lawler - Lance Russell is the reason pro wrestling was given the gift of Jerry Lawler, and he should also be an inductee as well with Lawler or maybe Jim Ross doing the honors.

It was just a generic Undertaker "you will rest in peace" promo, but it looked cool. SD has ruled so far, with two really good matches so far, and the first hour isn't even over yet.

:rofl: @ "OOOOMAGA"

Lashley needs some severe help on his mic skills and fast. He's god aweful and that's just from the whole what was that... 5 words he said total?

I'm gonna start watching wrestling again, but I need someone to fill me in on what has happened since I stopped.

The last event I watched was Wrestlemania 20.

[quote name='naes']I'm gonna start watching wrestling again, but I need someone to fill me in on what has happened since I stopped.

The last event I watched was Wrestlemania 20.[/quote]
Let's see, that ended with HHH tapping out and causing Benoit to win the championship. Eddie then came out to the ring to congratulate him and they closed the show being showered with confetti and blowing the roof off the dump as dual champions.

Benoit winning was possibly my all-time favorite moment in wrestling, definitely as an adult since it's so much harder to be drawn in to the moment once you've seen what's behind the curtain.

That was a true pinnacle and you couldn't have picked a better time to stop watching. No need to start back up now.:)

[quote name='neocisco']That was a true pinnacle and you couldn't have picked a better time to stop watching. No need to start back up now.:)[/QUOTE]

I'll have to disagree with you. RAW has been consistantly good lately, Smackdown has been decent, and Impact could finally be getting back onto a good pace again. So yeah... now is a GOOD time to start back up.

Batista is such a fruit. He always looks like he's trying to make the cover of Honcho or something. He's less intimidating than Cena, and Cena dresses like a 15 year old.

Taker promo was ok, nothing revolutionary. It would help if he wasn't wearing his wrestling outfit in the graveyard.

At least Cena has the sense to not wear a GIGANTIC TURTLENECK on TV. Holy lord that did Batista no favors. He cuts yet another God-awful promo and then does it while wearing... that. I think Rebecca's negative charisma on ECW is transferring to him, as he's lost what little sizzle he had left.

Well I saw WSX and Impact.. I'll watch SmackDown too if anyone tells me something totally awesome happened :cool:. Anyway, demo you're right.. Impact has gotten slightly better. Besides the Steiner squash match, most of the matches had some substance. Shelley and Sabin make a great team, always have... on the rare occasions they teamed together. Also, the whole Joe/Abyss thing was written well, too bad Tomko went over Joe, wtf are the writers thinking?

WSX was pretty good too, I forgot about the WSXtra I'm about to watch that next. It'll be a shame if we never see the rest of the season.

The WWE expansion might be a fatal blow if it fails... I mean who knows, it probably won't. But imagine not 1, but 5 different versions of WWE bombing worldwide. It'll be XFL x 10.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']I really need to mod my PS2 to play that.[/quote]

lol yea... i kinda gave up on the idea though and decided to play on pc...

F5!!!!

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']I really need to mod my PS2 to play that.[/QUOTE]

HDLoader, hombre. No modding required. Truth be told, the game plays precisely like Day of Reckoning, just so you know. If you're gonna import wrestling games, get King of Colosseum 1 and 2. They play like 3D Fire Pro, and the second one features Samoa Joe.

Randy Orton vs HBK is on the card for Raw monday night.

Seems odd there'd be no MITB qualifying matches this week, with only one spot left. Either Orton will have to be in a match on ECW or SD, or there's no qualifying match this week, or of course Orton may not be in the MITB match afterall. If that happens, I can only assume that WWE creative has decided to add Orton to the Cena vs HBK match. Who else is left for him to face? And who else would get the MITB spot? SD already has 4 guys in the match for some reason, Raw only has 2 and ECW has 1 too many for a show no one gives a damn about anymore as is. I half expect CM Punk to move to Raw.

:whistle2:k Maybe Orton vs Sandman on ECW this week, to further bury ECW's originals.

[quote name='mykevermin']HDLoader, hombre. No modding required. Truth be told, the game plays precisely like Day of Reckoning, just so you know. If you're gonna import wrestling games, get King of Colosseum 1 and 2. They play like 3D Fire Pro, and the second one features Samoa Joe.[/quote]

wait i have that but didnt know that it worked with jap games....and i havent been able to find a network adapter after mine broke...

and im in love with this game.. i love the dor engine

just realized wrestle kingdom is also on 360... man i gotta play that somehow

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']At least Cena has the sense to not wear a GIGANTIC TURTLENECK on TV. Holy lord that did Batista no favors. He cuts yet another God-awful promo and then does it while wearing... that. I think Rebecca's negative charisma on ECW is transferring to him, as he's lost what little sizzle he had left.[/QUOTE]

I thought he was wearing a neck brace when he first came out. But no, it was just some ugly sweater thing.

[quote name='guyver2077']wait i have that but didnt know that it worked with jap games....and i havent been able to find a network adapter after mine broke...

and im in love with this game.. i love the dor engine

just realized wrestle kingdom is also on 360... man i gotta play that somehow[/QUOTE]

360 version is region locked. No dice on that. (who the hell would put out a 360 game, only to allow it to be played on Japanese consoles!?!?!)

You can install PS2 games on your HD for use with the HDLoader on your pc. If you have an external HDD casing, put your PS2 formatted HDD in it, plug it into your computer via USB, put the PS2 game in your PC's disk drive, and use a program called WinHIIP to install it. I play all my import PS2 games this way, and in games like King of Colosseum, it totally eliminates load times.

[quote name='mykevermin']360 version is region locked. No dice on that. (who the hell would put out a 360 game, only to allow it to be played on Japanese consoles!?!?!)

You can install PS2 games on your HD for use with the HDLoader on your pc. If you have an external HDD casing, put your PS2 formatted HDD in it, plug it into your computer via USB, put the PS2 game in your PC's disk drive, and use a program called WinHIIP to install it. I play all my import PS2 games this way, and in games like King of Colosseum, it totally eliminates load times.[/quote]

yea i used to use it when loader first came out but havent used it ina really long time since i dont have a network adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back